Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Same. The thread made it sound so much more dramatic and petulant.

Seems excusable, he was probably regretting running the foil goyf over burst lightning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

black potus posted:

Seems excusable, he was probably regretting running the foil goyf over burst lightning.

:drat:

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Count Bleck posted:

What a loving baby.

Edit: MERFOLK STILL BEST DECK.

This is pretty tame to be honest.

The fact that he offers the handshake at the end despite getting blown out to topdeck'd dismember reducing Ethan to 1 seems like he was never really tilting hard.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Dehtraen posted:

Also, that was the first GP win for merfolk in modern, right?

A UW version won a European one last year at least.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Snacksmaniac posted:

Cough it up pal.

Deck: UB Mill (GP LA)

//Lands
1 Darkslick Shores
3 Flooded Strand
3 Ghost Quarter
3 Island
2 Marsh Flats
4 Polluted Delta
3 Shelldock Isle
2 Swamp
2 Watery Grave

//Spells
4 Archive Trap
3 Crypt Incursion
3 Ensnaring Bridge
4 Glimpse the Unthinkable
4 Mesmeric Orb
3 Mind Funeral
4 Visions of Beyond

//Creatures
4 Hedron Crab
4 Jace's Phantasm
4 Manic Scribe

//Sideboard
4 Extirpate
4 Leyline of the Void
4 Profane Memento
3 Set Adrift

Display deck statistics

Might make a post about it in the Eternal thread, there's some stuff I really like about the deck and some stuff I really don't like. But an 8-0-1 Day 1 is hard to criticize.

VV I didn't know about that part :lol: Oh well!

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 23, 2016

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

C-Euro posted:

Might make a post about it in the Eternal thread, there's some stuff I really like about the deck and some stuff I really don't like. But an 8-0-1 Day 1 is hard to criticize.

Going 1-X-1 in Day 2 is also important.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Does anyone have a link to the GP (or w/e) coverage video of a literal child sipping a big gulp and eating skittles while dismantling his opponent? Also, is that child the same one that just top 8'd LA?

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Ad nauseum wins GP Charlotte

On the bright side, some cool decks like 4 color suicide zoo and knightfall combo made top 8. Ad nauseum is boring misery to play against though.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

The March Hare posted:

Does anyone have a link to the GP (or w/e) coverage video of a literal child sipping a big gulp and eating skittles while dismantling his opponent? Also, is that child the same one that just top 8'd LA?

Andrew Kerrigan? I think it was this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qwm904bq3s

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Is MODO down for anyone else? My connection to it cut out during waiting for round 2 of this draft to start and it refuses to reconnect.

EDIT: Must be working now, guess someone drew with Triskadekaphobia or something

legoman727 fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 23, 2016

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

legoman727 posted:

Is MODO down for anyone else? My connection to it cut out during waiting for round 2 of this draft to start and it refuses to reconnect.

It's working for me.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

What a loving baby.

Edit: MERFOLK STILL BEST DECK.

The baby is you!

Anyone got a link to the top 8?

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Dehtraen posted:

Andrew Kerrigan? I think it was this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qwm904bq3s

Yes this one thanks, not the same kid which is a shame.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fingers McLongDong posted:

knightfall combo made top 8.

Modern is so good right now you guys

E: it only needs for Monastery Mentor to take his place in the circle of life

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 23, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/tituschalk/status/734668814831521792

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I really like the work Volkan Baga has done on all the moxen, but I'm torn about whether I want to replace my existing Chrome Moxen with these, as I can't have a full matching set, even if I decided to buy power, the Volkan Baga art is only online.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

That is some hideous art that doesn't fit the card in any way (it looks more like a card named Anguish than a card named Daze) but hell if it'll make Daze half a ticket online for Pauper so more people play around it, that's fine by me. So many free wins from my random one-of Daze in Delver, from people going Forgotten Cave, untap Bolt your Delver, get Dazed, play Ancient Den.

Glad I sold my Daze for 30 tickets when I spiked a few months ago. Hopefully there'll be some sick rarity downgrades. I've wanted a common Fiend Hunter (or Nekrataal) for Momentary Blink control decks for years, even though that's pretty much the opposite of current set design.

e: wait, look at the art again. There's two of his face coming out of his head. This is literally Mind Rot art being reused for Daze solely due to the color scheme.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Yeah that was probably a really bad art direction mistake, it's obvious that they used the art for some other card on this.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Well there goes the chance for Daze art to feature a traditional wizard being hit by a boxing wizard. Really need more muscle wizards on cards. I think the RTR card that countered via strength and the old deflection are the only cards that feature them.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The art represents how you feel after you walk your bomb into it in limited

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Chill la Chill posted:

Well there goes the chance for Daze art to feature a traditional wizard being hit by a boxing wizard. Really need more muscle wizards on cards. I think the RTR card that countered via strength and the old deflection are the only cards that feature them.

Reverse polarity?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

It looks too much like the new Mox Diamond art...

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Reverse polarity?

Thank you that is the one. I looked up Deflection and it does have Vegeta so also a muscle wizard.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

mcmagic posted:

It looks too much like the new Mox Diamond art...

They want all the Moxen to have that look.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I just realized that SCG is having a Legacy Open in MA the same weekend as GP Columbus which I believe is the only Legacy GP of the year in the US. This along with Eternal Weekend being in the same city as the GP is just super depressing for anyone who enjoys playing legacy.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Holy moley that Daze art is gross.

Chrome Mox looks nice though.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

I just realized that SCG is having a Legacy Open in MA the same weekend as GP Columbus which I believe is the only Legacy GP of the year in the US. This along with Eternal Weekend being in the same city as the GP is just super depressing for anyone who enjoys playing legacy.

Makes about as much sense as having two modern GP's on the same weekend.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Eh, they were on the opposite side of the US so at least that made logical sense.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

That's actually a LITTLE better since one was east coast one was west... This is just a big gently caress you to legacy players.

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core

mcmagic posted:

Isn't this not the case? SCG Worcester is in July, GP Columbus is in June.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
When are we going to get EMA spoilers

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Literally The Worst posted:

When are we going to get EMA spoilers

Literally on this page.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ChewyLSB posted:

Isn't this not the case? SCG Worcester is in July, GP Columbus is in June.

You are right. My friend told me the wrong Month. Sorry about that.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Why didn't they go back to the awesome old Sneak Attack art...

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Ahahah Bloodbraid Elf ahaha

Loving the Sneak Attack art though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

So far zero Modern Legal cards...

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mcmagic posted:

So far zero Modern Legal cards...

We've seen seven cards.

Seven.

Okay Eight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv