Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rousey just faced off against someone who knew how to beat her. Holm is a solid counter puncher and Rousey was pretty aggressive which is what did her in. That and she tried to test her striking against a former boxing & kickboxing champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Boxer celebration goes wonderfully awry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywj5kNWMp4Q

He may have a shot as the next Sin Cara once his boxing career winds down.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

skander posted:

Or it was on points scored. Look at the condition of the taunter's face at the end.

It was a judge's decision. MMA is scored like pro boxing, on a ten-point-must system where the winner of a round gets ten points and the loser nine or less. There are no "scored points" in that there aren't points scored directly for a punch of takedown.

On a hilarious note about that fight, though. The white guy acting like an rear end in a top hat (Nick Diaz) was trying to taunt a guy known for taunting people and acting like an rear end in a top hat in fights (Anderson Silva), and after Silva won the decision BOTH guys were caught with drugs in their system: Silva for steroids and Diaz for pot. Both were suspended and the fight was a No Contest.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

And a lot of schaden comes from the media buildup of her as some kind of undefeatable titan. Before her loss, she was a media darling who was doing photoshoots, magazine covers, the whole nine yards. A lot of that went around the idea of her being undefeated, which was just tempting fate. And when the eventual finally happened, she was just dropped like a lead weight. Funny if you like it when people inflated by the media get popped, not so when you realize she went through some hard times afterwards and pondered suicide. But then again, who the hell tempts fate by saying you'll never be defeated? She was basically living Rocky III.

Dropped like a dead weight except for hosting SNL, appearing on a lot of talk shows and starring in upcoming movies including a remake of Roadhouse?

She wasn't dropped by the media, she just stopped taking things to social media as much, presumably to stop herself from hearing the shitstorm of people acting smug about her losing. Not to say she's handled the loss well, not by any stretch of the imagination, but she certainly wasn't ignored immediately following, that's just silly.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

George Brett of the Kansas City Royals decided it was a good idea to tell his teammates about how he regularly shits his pants. He didn't realize he was being recorded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU9xz2FpQc0

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Well, he'll be easy to find - he left his bumper with licence plate behind.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Of course, Ronda Rousey is also a truther who thinks Sandy Hook was a false flag using actors and blanks. So it's equally schadenfreude when she gets the poo poo kicked out of her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwYj1q1i4Mc

Thats not quite true, at least form what I could find a couple months ago when I checked it out. Do you have some more evidence? The most I could find is a tweet that was deleted to some truther vid where all she said was "makes ya think" which is pretty close but not beyond a reasonable doubt to convict her of trutherism.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

KoRMaK posted:

Thats not quite true, at least form what I could find a couple months ago when I checked it out. Do you have some more evidence? The most I could find is a tweet that was deleted to some truther vid where all she said was "makes ya think" which is pretty close but not beyond a reasonable doubt to convict her of trutherism.

No, you're right, it was one tweet that showed a little human curiosity and naivete, which of course gets extrapolated into giving talks across the country about crisis actors.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Grey Fox posted:

George Brett of the Kansas City Royals decided it was a good idea to tell his teammates about how he regularly shits his pants. He didn't realize he was being recorded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU9xz2FpQc0

This amazing, pro-click right here

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grem posted:

No, you're right, it was one tweet that showed a little human curiosity and naivete, which of course gets extrapolated into giving talks across the country about crisis actors.

Yeah that sort of stuff is dumb and bad. Especially when you're glad someone gets hurt, in that fight she got KO'd in her jaw got messed up bad, because of that insane exaggeration.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grem posted:

so you're saying she was just #askingquestions

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

grumplestiltzkin posted:

No, I do not make a habit of running directly into moving vehicles because I am not a drooling retard.

Let's say a you are crossing the street. A car turns onto the street from a nearby intersection. The driver isn't paying attention and you can see that at your current pace the car is going to hit you. Do you:

a.) Speed up to finish crossing and remove yourself from the car's path
b.) Continue at your current pace and let the car hit you
c.) Stand in the middle of the street and wait for the car to pass
d.) decide that you really didn't want to cross anyway and go back, hoping that no cars are coming from the opposite direction

Three of these answers are dumb and one is good imo

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Schroeder91 posted:

https://youtu.be/h67tVMDb-7U guy loses his klr in a river

From reddit

A rider so dumb that us retards on two wheels think he's a retard.

Chichevache has a new favorite as of 06:47 on May 23, 2016

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
http://i.imgur.com/qEOP44j.gifv

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

KoRMaK posted:

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1486363-ufc-star-ronda-rousey-tweets-interesting-sandy-hook-shooting-conspiracy-video

She described it as "extremely interesting" and a "must watch" and further tweets almost literally said she was "just asking questions". Like she's not doing speeches about 9/11, but you have to be pretty dense to think she's not a moron for that.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
http://i.imgur.com/EIykFm0.webm

And a whole lot more: http://imgur.com/gallery/w0eTp

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Another giant derail calling this child abuse is coming.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

du -hast posted:

Is it ok to punch someone if they're a retarded circumsised non-tipper who put ketchup on their well-done steak before pushing your child into a cake

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

du -hast posted:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Quick, now someone project their issues as hard as they can to make it seem like the kid is being abused into smashing his own face into the cake

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
that child is so accustomed to the abuse that he cannot function any other way, much like a child soldier cannot imagine a life without death and chaos - chitoryu12, probably

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

poptart_fairy posted:

I loving love stories like this. :allears:

I can't for the life of me find it, but I remember a Cracked article that was full of stuff like it. My personal favourite was a big, I think, Russian dude that had a fight cut short due to a cut above his eye. Apparently in the rematch he just beat the poo poo out of his opponent to the point just before the round would end, purely so he could prove to everyone he should have won the initial bout.

MMA fighters are nuts, and I love them.

Here you go. It was Fedor Emelianenko.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-greatest-revenge-matches-in-mma-history/

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Re-rail!

Lawyer who argued against mandatory rollover bars on quad bikes crushed to death when his quad bike rolls over

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
A vegan climbed Mt. Everest to prove something about veganism (and idiocy? I guess) and died on the mountain.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-anything.html

Stupid_Sexy_Flander has a new favorite as of 10:59 on May 23, 2016

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

A vegan climbed Mt. Everest to prove something about veganism (and idiocy? I guess) and died on the mountain.

Maria Strydom

Mar-ia S-tyrdom

Martyrdom

This poo poo just writes itself.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

quote:

Pictured: Melbourne university lecturer, 34, who died of altitude sickness on Mount Everest after taking on the climb with her husband to prove 'vegans can do anything'

Vegans can do anything! Like die on Mt. Everest!

Edit:

quote:

Weeks before her death Dr Strydom told how she and her husband wanted to dispel the belief that vegans were 'weak' or 'malnourished' by taking on the climb.

'It seems that people have this warped idea of vegans being malnourished and weak.

'By climbing the seven summits we want to prove that vegans can do anything and more,' she said in an interview with the university where she worked.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Korgan posted:

Is it ok to punch someone if they're a retarded circumsised non-tipper who put ketchup on their well-done steak before pushing your child into a cake

Depends if they take their coffee black or full of cream and sugar.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Korgan posted:

circumsised non-tipper

You repeated yourself here. :v:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Hobojim posted:

Dropped like a dead weight except for hosting SNL, appearing on a lot of talk shows and starring in upcoming movies including a remake of Roadhouse?

She wasn't dropped by the media, she just stopped taking things to social media as much, presumably to stop herself from hearing the shitstorm of people acting smug about her losing. Not to say she's handled the loss well, not by any stretch of the imagination, but she certainly wasn't ignored immediately following, that's just silly.

Considering she was on magazine covers and doing a lot of photoshoots and stuff, going to host SNL, doing talk shows, and.....you know, if doing a remake of Roadhouse is a good thing, then I think you proved my point better than I could. But the point was that after her loss her star fell. It could have been due to overexposure, but it's easy to see that after she hit the mat the attitude around her changed. In some respect it almost went to Helm, but she didn't embrace it nearly as much so when she eventually lost it didn't really matter as it wasn't the undefeated getting trashed but just simply a fight lost.

du -hast posted:

Nah, we're still too busy with people defending Rousey. Child abuse is the next page.

"Vegans aren't weak! We can do anything and do it well!" *dies on the mountain due to exhaustion and lack of oxygen possibly from not eating enough protein*

This reminds me of a girl I used to work with that was a hardcore vegan. At first she seemed flighty, but then she really got weird where you could tell there was something wrong with her brain that maybe eating meat could have helped with (mood swings, irrational behavior, some strange logical leaps). These include: trying to save a raccoon she half-crushed with her car by running around to very single vet's office on a Saturday night to 'save' it, jumping out of her boyfriend's truck headfirst into a curb (losing her sense of smell and taste), and then screaming out a story about how losing her virginity turned her clit black and blue and made it swell to the size of a watermelon while the store was full of customers.

And this being retail, she eventually made manager after I left, and was running the store by the time it closed five years later. So yeah, vegans....kinda crazy. Makes Dr. Climb-Every-Mountain seem almost sane.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

buncha fuckin daily mail readers in here

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Alaois posted:

buncha fuckin daily mail readers in here

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO SPOT A VEGAN AT A PARTY???

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Trick question- vegans are never invited to parties!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Vegans are the ones not arguing over how to cook a steak.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

"Vegans aren't weak! We can do anything and do it well!" *dies on the mountain due to exhaustion and lack of oxygen possibly from not eating enough protein*

Uh did you not notice there was another non-vegan that died on that exact same mountain climbing trip? It's not a protein thing, it's an oxygen thing.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Merijn posted:

Uh did you not notice there was another non-vegan that died on that exact same mountain climbing trip? It's not a protein thing, it's an oxygen thing.

Yeah but I bet the nonvegan wasn't in everyone's face about how she didn't have any oxygen to breathe

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Merijn posted:

Four people died in the last few days, dunno what the protein intake status was of the other two.

Edit: and another two are currently missing but presumed 'pretty well hosed'

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 15:04 on May 23, 2016

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Merijn posted:

Is oxygen vegan?

Maybe that is why she had a problem.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I wonder if there were any vegans on this plane.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://zippy.gfycat.com/WigglyImpassionedHarlequinbug.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

That's fantastic.