Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I got called a statpadding coward whore because I drove back to base to stop a cap, while two baddies got murdered pushing into the enemy cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Hellsau posted:

I am pretty sure I bullied a ten year old child. I don't feel particularly bad about it.

I'm running low on gold anyone want to buy me 10000 gold for a blowjob? Actually with the Amazon bonus gold special you could buy 28750 gold for $100, three Hellsau blowjobs for $100 is a kickin' rad deal.

is there any past clients i can ask to get a review from ? i like to know what im buying before i buy it :flaccid:

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hey, why isn't this fictional beast in the game? I'd grind up to that.

Goddamn. I want that tank. It looks like something out of WH40k.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Turmoilx posted:

is there any past clients i can ask to get a review from ? i like to know what im buying before i buy it :flaccid:

Ask your dad.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'd also be down to join a tournament team for free gold. That makes two of us so far right? How more do we need, four more?

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

I'll start making teams for the Memorial Day fights. And maybe I'll even remember to show up!

First off, T7 tanks for Friday the 27th:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000177/team/1000043871/

The password is the same as the goon channel.

I'll start one for the next day's when this fills up or 3 other goons yell they can make that one instead, and then the same for Sunday's. And, of course, I'm picking the high tier option those as well because GOLD AND PRIZES.

Edit: no more password, just sign the hell up. Good work though, Paul.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 24, 2016

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
So, what are the tanks of choice for Tier7 and 3?

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

We are only doing 7.

Mad Emu Sex0r
Sep 30, 2004

Comeon guys. Im cool now, right?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Did they say no bulldogs? Cause I cant imagine anything else

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

SU-122-44? I've never played it, but I imagine having a one of those with its 7.25 second reload time would be just the thing to back up some bulldogs. Although I guess the bulldog actually does have higher HP than the SU-122-44 and nearly the same DPM, so maybe not.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Emu Sex0r posted:

Did they say no bulldogs? Cause I cant imagine anything else

It's Ensk Encounter, 4v4, and draws are very close to crippling if you're going for the Type 59. If you have 4 ludicrously good players, AND you have months of experience working together, you could, given enough time, easily kite a heavy opposing team by slowly chipping away 1 or 2 shots at a time from 6 or 7 different angles and just take them apart without taking a shot in return. Unfortunately, you have 7 minutes to find the opponent, lock them down, and work out which angles to attack from. That isn't enough time. You could probably get them down to 70% HP with like 3 minutes left on the clock, but if anything at all goes wrong (one of the players going for a greedy second or third shot and getting #snapshotmetaed by an IS-2 that high rolls, bringing the Bulldog to oneshotable range) you could be forced to take a draw, which again is really bad. I suspect a mixed team comp is what you want, especially since the Bulldog is so ludicrous at everything. My assumption is you can only bring 1 or 2 Bulldogs complemented by heavies. Bringing two IS-2s for mobility/Tigers for bulk, and two Bulldogs for mobility, scouting information, random chip damage and burst damage at the end seems pretty sweet.

I'll probably make a big effort post about my assumptions later this week. I probably should go make a team for this and find an actual caller, or two players who are good enough to make my terrible calling work (and also hope Exia/Primelaw suffer through this for the sake of my Type 59 dreams.)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

new post because lol Wargaming is giving out rental B2s on the NA server. Jesus christ.

e: also they're selling it for $9.99 which is an actual good deal if you like easily winning 5 heavy matches.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

that's almost tempting. if only i actually enjoyed paying to win

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I don't remember the T25/2 being a fun tank, did they do something to this?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

it's always been a bad pershing. the pershing is fun

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

BadLlama posted:

It's never really been bad, just there isn't anything exciting about it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Gold ammo for credits. 170 pen for a tier 7 TD is loving hideous when you need to fight tier 8s, and basically just useless against tier 9s, but loading 258 pen APCR tells Type 59 players to go gently caress themselves (or at least lets you get three or four shots into them before they murder you with their higher HP pool.)

Prav posted:

it's always been a bad pershing. the pershing is fun

I'll take a bad Pershing at tier 7.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

This must be it really, It feels like a bad pershing but a tier lower. Also its gold pen is loving hilarious.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

This must be it really, It feels like a bad pershing but a tier lower. Also its gold pen is loving hilarious.

You can see how 170 pen would be woefully inadequate though, especially when the Hellcat used to be ludicrously fast and could actually get into positions to hit enemy weakpoints if the already good 160 pen didn't cut it, whereas the T25/2 sacrifices a hell of a lot of speed for laughably inconsistent armor where the mantlet may let a Comet shell through, or eat a BL-10 shell, and the hull armor might be penned by tier 5s, or might eat three goddamn IS-3 shots.

I still remember that goddamn T25/2 sitting unangled in the main road on Ruinberg, and my platoon just failing to pen it four times with higher tier tanks.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Isn't that basically a T20? It also gets 240 gold pen or something. I rebought mine before I quit with intentions of shooting a shitload of gold out of it because it would be funny, but I haven't really played it much because I forget how to do well in it. I think I need to be more flanky and sneaky than I generally am.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Isn't that basically a T20? It also gets 240 gold pen or something. I rebought mine before I quit with intentions of shooting a shitload of gold out of it because it would be funny, but I haven't really played it much because I forget how to do well in it. I think I need to be more flanky and sneaky than I generally am.

I enjoyed the T20 a lot and honestly I should probably rebuy it.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

22 Eargesplitten posted:

the T20 is fast and fragile and fairly hard-hitting and sure as hell shouldn't ever count on the turret bouncing anything, which puts it quite apart from the pershing

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

The T20 is indeed a bad Pershing, but it trades away is all of its DPM and armor, whereas the T25/2 trades away its HP. The extra 250 hp on the T20 goes away real loving fast when someone rushes you and your reload is 3 2 seconds slower than a T25/2's. e: Not sure why I thought the T20's reload was nearer to 10 seconds.

Prav posted:

the T20 is fast and fragile and fairly hard-hitting and sure as hell shouldn't ever count on the turret bouncing anything, which puts it quite apart from the pershing

Basically this.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So evidently the new nVidia driver is 'optimized' for WoT and War Thunder:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-368-22-whql-driver-download.html

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Tier 7: T29 seems good for hulldown, IS or IS2 for their speed and alpha, and the m41bulldog for vision.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

TIER 7: KRUPP STEEL

Tier 3 is the cruiser, or KRUPP STEEL with a machine gun.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Chillyrabbit posted:

Tier 7: T29 seems good for hulldown, IS or IS2 for their speed and alpha, and the m41bulldog for vision.

It's Ensk, so unless you're sitting the T29 out east, hull down isn't really happening.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Line up for a fresh load of :siren:Pasholok Facts:siren:

Q: I wanted to know if the Czechs had a light tank worthy of tier 8. Also, is it possible to gather up a full TD branch and what are the odds of this branch being included in the game?
A: Alas, there aren't enough light tanks. The best available project is the Skoda T-17, and that is obviously not a tier 8 vehicle. As for TDs, yes, there are enough vehicles for it. Some of them were described in my article on the TVP tank. As for its future in the game, that is not up to us historians. The rule is no more than one TD branch per year.

Q: Is the KV-220-2 historical?
A: Yes, very historical. You can read about what it was like in my article, as well as see it. In the game, it is in the same form as it fought in. There is reason to add it to the game with its original turret that had an 85 mm F-30 gun, but there is already an excess of KVs in the game.

Q: Tell us about the most important tank accessory: the log. Is there information on who was the first to think of using a log to get a tank unstuck?
A: The first people to use an analogue of the log were the inventors of the tank, the British. The MkIV had special rails for fascines that allowed it to cross obstacles. They were sometimes replaced with a wooden beam that was used to free a bogged down tank. As an official method of unditching, the log was added to all Soviet vehicles almost immediately after WWII.

Q: What's happening with the E-10 tank?
A: Potentially, but only after mechanics for a movable suspension. This was one of the main features of the E-10. Without it, it's almost a complete clone of the Jagdpanzer 38(t), perhaps with more horsepower. Since premium vehicles are usually in a historical configuration, that means it won't get a derp gun.

Q: Why not add the Object 0-50? The tank is historical, it could be a premium.
A: We could, as soon as we find any technical documentation on it at all. Aside from the technical-tactical characteristics, no information exists about this KV competitor. This prevents us from adding it to the game.

Q: Can you add the T-92 light tank?
A: We know about the T92 American light tank, and it has been planned for ages. In addition, the tank is already modelled, but for various reasons it didn't make it into the game. It is very likely that it will eventually be added, but I can't give a better answer than that.

Q: Is the BL-9 gun on the IS-3 historical?
A: Not with that name, but yes, historical. In the list of requirements for heavy tanks in 1945, a 122 mm gun with BL-9 ballistics is present. One of those guns is the BL-13, which was going to be installed in the original IS-7.

Q: Is the T-22 med. a real project or a made-up one for the special game mode?
A: This is a very real project developed in the late 1940s in Leningrad. The concept was for a tank that could not be penetrated in the front or side with the 128 mm gun used by the Jagdtiger and Maus. This project was not confined to paper: the hull and turret were made and tested. It could not be penetrated.

Q: Why does the PzIII have a top speed of 64 kph while some sources give a speed of 67 kph?
A: Let us first establish what modification of the tank is represented in the game. The PzIII Ausf. G reached a speed of almost 70 kph in Soviet trials. In game, we have the Ausf J, which reached a speed of 55 kph in Soviet trials. This is not surprising, as the difference in mass is several tons. The PzIII Ausf. E-G were developed with a top speed of 70 kph in mind, but trials showed a sad result. This speed could not be held for long, as the suspension would rapidly begin to fall apart. As a result, the speed was capped at 40 kph.

Q: Why is the ST-I made of cardboard?
A: That's how it was balanced. Of course, it is hard to call it cardboard. First, not cardboard, but paper, since it did not proceed past the blueprint stage. Second, not every tier 10 can penetrate it. Know its weak points and know how to hide them.

Q: Do you see a place in the game for superheavy French AMX Tracteur C 1939 and AMX Tracteur C 1940?
A: They have a place that's the same as Japanese heavies: slow, large, with thick armour. It's hard to call them clones of Japanese tanks, since the French approach to armament was different. In any case, they are definitely seen as potential additions.

Q: It is known that the Waffentrager auf E-100 will be replaced with the Grille 15 because it is ahistorical. Is the Grille 15 any better in that regard?
A: It's very funny to hear complaints about the removal of the Waffenfucker being removed from the game. It's not being removed because it's ahistorical, it's being removed because it's upsetting the game balance and it doesn't fit well with the Waffentrager concept. The Grille 15 isn't better, it's different. The goal was not to find a better vehicle, but one with appropriate characteristics. It's must faster, it has a higher penetrating gun, and it's smaller.

Q: Why is the Soviet LT branch completely made up after tier 6?
A: Direct this complaint to the Main Armoured Tank and Car Directorate of the Red Army. You can read on Warspot about why no light tanks were made after te T-80. As for the later period, the role of the light tank on the battlefield changed and instead of a well armoured tank, the PT-76 was produced.

Q; Is it possible to add the R35 with a T-26 turret?
A: Why? First of all, the photo you showed is likely a photoshop. Second, it combines the faults of both tanks. The R35 is slow and the T-26 has no armour. This will be a pain generator.

Q: Will the E-100 Henschel be added to the game?
A: No, because there was no such tank. You can also read about that in one of my Warspot articles.

Q: Many years ago, I read that Eduard Grotte, known for his work on the TG-1 medium tank, continued to work on tanks in Germany after completion of his work in the USSR, putting his mark on the Renault G1R, and after that, the M4 Sherman. Are there any documented confirmation of this, or are these fantasies caused by visual similarities?
A: This information is not based on any real facts. After Grotte left the USSR, he no longer worked on tanks. By the time that Hitler gave him the task to work on a superheavy tank in 1942, he was working on submarines. Grotte was also Speer's advisor, a rather important figure. Also, Otto Merker, the chief designer of Swedish tanks in the 1930s, also worked on submarines instead of tanks upon his return to Germany.

Q: Since the BT-7 could drive without tracks in real life, can this be done in game?
A: Yes, it could, as could other convertible drive vehicles. The problem is that there is no wheeled driving in the game yet. When it comes, I don't see why not.

Q: The IS-7 had a cassette autoloader, why isn't it added in the game?
A: Because it didn't. The IS-7 had a partically mechanized ammunition rack, but the loading process still involved two loaders.

Q: Why is the Super Pershing medium instead of heavy?
A: Because the T26E1 Medium Tank that it was made from was a medium. It was quite comical when the T26E3 was classified as a heavy, but later changed to a medium.

Q: The Chinese tech tree is filled with clones of Soviet vehicles. Are there alternative tanks that could be substituted for clones?
A: Alas, these are the realities of the Chinese tank industry. Information on Chinese vehicles was provided to us by our Chinese partners. If they had more interesting vehicles, I am sure they would have sent them.

Maimgara
May 2, 2007
Chlorine for the Gene-pool.
http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/ver915-platoon-system-changes

Changes to platooning:
  • Tanks more then 3 tiers apart get xp penalties, starting at 10% rising to 50% for Maus-and-Leichttraktor
  • Tanks of the same tier get xp bonus, sub-5% for tiers 6 and down, 10/5% for tier 8 and 20/15% for tier 10 (win/loss)
  • A platoon of a fx tier 6 light and 7 normal tanks get nothing, Wargaming is dumb.
Also, with next patch (9.16+) the matchmaker will try the following:

quote:

It is planned that the teams will be formed on the principle of 3-5-7: 3 top-Tier tanks for the battle, 5 medium Tier tanks and 7 tanks of the minimum Tier.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Holy loving poo poo. So that means my platoon of 3 Tier X purples will be facing 3x Tier X's on the enemy team and then a bunch of Tier 9s and Tier 8s?

My E-100 is ready.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Maimgara posted:

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/ver915-platoon-system-changes

Changes to platooning:
  • Tanks more then 3 tiers apart get xp penalties, starting at 10% rising to 50% for Maus-and-Leichttraktor
  • Tanks of the same tier get xp bonus, sub-5% for tiers 6 and down, 10/5% for tier 8 and 20/15% for tier 10 (win/loss)
  • A platoon of a fx tier 6 light and 7 normal tanks get nothing, Wargaming is dumb.
Also, with next patch (9.16+) the matchmaker will try the following:

Oh that will be fun when the game drops in some SPGs to fill the top tier spot. Oh, they get two IS-3s? Well have 2 Pershings and a Lorraine 155 51.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Wait, they give a 20/15% xp bonus to tier 10s only? The ones where 90% of them come elite?

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Wait, they give a 20/15% xp bonus to tier 10s only? The ones where 90% of them come elite?

You expect Wargaming to make good or logical decisions?

If that platoon change is true, purple T10 platoons will just dominate. Very few things at T9 and T8 can even deal with say, a T22, E100 or IS-7

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Is the IS-7 better than the E5 now? I've only been driving my E5 for T10s.

Yeah, that MM change seems like it will suck, although I'm not sure exactly how. On one hand, that would mean about 7 T8s in every T10 game, but that wouldn't leave any T8s to be top tier in any games. Or maybe it's going to have that as some sort of dream that never really works out, which we could hope for.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Saint Celestine posted:

You expect Wargaming to make good or logical decisions?

If that platoon change is true, purple T10 platoons will just dominate. Very few things at T9 and T8 can even deal with say, a T22, E100 or IS-7

My O-Ho cares not about your armor. :colbert:

the rest of my team does, though :cripes:

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Someone at Wargaming really hates tier 8. Now is even a better time to shove tier 10 off into their own matchmaking bracket.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

3-5-7 sounds wonderful and i hope it gets implemented right

22 Eargesplitten posted:

i'll still appreciate getting some more crew experience

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

ps. add 2-3-4-6 WG

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Prav posted:

3-5-7 sounds wonderful and i hope it gets implemented right

It's wonderful as long as you're one of the 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i don't mind being bottom-tier in a match with a spread like that. plenty of reasonable targets, a few tanks that are extra important to either counter or avoid, it's a good time all-around.

what sucks is when you're put into a 12-2-1 match and can't do poo poo. and those matches are boring and samey when you're on top as well so good riddance.