Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So if Damien is the TT Robin of Rebirth, what's going on with Tim?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Kingtheninja posted:

I think he will be in Detective Comics as part of some secret bat squad featuring Spoiler and Clay face.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Kingtheninja posted:

He is still Red Robin but with a better costume. He's appearing in Detective Comics with Clayface, Batwoman, Spoiler and Orphan (Cassandra Cain).

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So, if you're still trying to avoid spoilers until Wednesday, then don't read anything probably. Because DC revealed all the twists to USA Today so they're going to be even more widespread now.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Retitle thread to "DC Comics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U"

e: Future Quest seemed to do well, according to BC's retailer poll.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/22/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-22nd-may-2016-no-contest-for-civil-war-ii/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 23, 2016

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

X-O posted:

So, if you're still trying to avoid spoilers until Wednesday, then don't read anything probably. Because DC revealed all the twists to USA Today so they're going to be even more widespread now.
I wonder if they just figured with the leaks that they may as well reveal it. Otherwise they're kind of ridiculous to just spill everything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They lifted the embargo on Saturday. I kind of expected to see the entire issue up on Imgur or something by now.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

So Superman #52 is supposed to be out this Wednesday too, right? The conclusion to the whole "Superman is dying" story? Any idea if I should read that or Rebirth first? I've managed to stay spoiler free so far and I'm hoping to make it until the end.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

So Superman #52 is supposed to be out this Wednesday too, right? The conclusion to the whole "Superman is dying" story? Any idea if I should read that or Rebirth first? I've managed to stay spoiler free so far and I'm hoping to make it until the end.

I would suggest, from knowing pretty much everything about Rebirth at this point despite having not read it yet, that if you want to read any DC books this week make it the last one on the list. I don't know how many other books are ending this week, but it'd probably be a safe bet since it takes place after all of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

The read order is Superman #52, Superman Lois & Clark #8 and then Rebirth #1.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Rhyno posted:

The read order is Superman #52, Superman Lois & Clark #8 and then Rebirth #1.

What about JLA 50?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JoshTheStampede posted:

What about JLA 50?

JLA #50 is two months late so who knows if they updated the story to fit into Rebirth so I have no idea how much it will tie in.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's probably not too concerned about setting up anything Rebirthy, but remember Omega Men is ending this week too. Wednesday is ridiculous.

Saw someone link to an updated Titans Rebirth cover (which spoils something, so wait a day before looking it up) and the trade dress is updated with a new logo (or really, just a 3D version of the Titans Hunt 'Titans.')
The previous cover was just using the pre-Flashpoint logo, so probably the most obviously temporary, but it's a little bit of potential evidence for everything else getting something new.

Was:

Now:

e: And a preview of a Frank Cho WW variant.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:23 on May 24, 2016

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So this crazy big super spoiler people keep talking about is in Rebirth #1 yeah? Just making sure I read the right thing tomorrow.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Kingtheninja posted:

So this crazy big super spoiler people keep talking about is in Rebirth #1 yeah? Just making sure I read the right thing tomorrow.

Yup

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Teenage Fansub posted:

e: And a preview of a Frank Cho WW variant.

Frank Cho is a really lovely person, but drat his art for being so good.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

lotus circle posted:

Frank Cho is a really lovely person, but drat his art for being so good.

It's cropped so you can't see that Spider-Gwen is popping up in front of Diana's exposed bush with a big speech bubble saying "BAZINGA"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Travis343 posted:

It's cropped so you can't see that Spider-Gwen is popping up in front of Diana's exposed bush with a big speech bubble saying "BAZINGA"

Ugh... I hate Big Bang Theory.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I successfully managed to avoid spoilers for the past few days and I'm really glad I did. My comic shop isn't doing a midnight opening so they had a little side room set up today where the regular pull customers could come in and read whatever stuff they wanted, but leave the books there and then come back and actually buy them tomorrow. I went in on my lunch break and I was able to read all of the DC stuff and Rebirth #1, and I thought they were great. I'm so excited for Rebirth now. I hope everyone else who tried to avoid spoilers has as positive an experience as I did.

For people worried about reading order, I'd say read everything DC first and then Rebirth #1. The Rebirth issue specifically tells you to read Superman #52 and Justice League #50 first, but even in stuff like Grayson there are fun little references you'd want to see before reading Rebirth.

Now I get to go back to work and spend all afternoon reading the acres of spoiler coverage to try and pick up on stuff I missed from Rebirth.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I guess I'm not gonna get Rebirth, then, since I'm not getting the last issue of Superman.

Thanks for that!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Mildly considering going to the event at my local shop tonight to properly read the issue, but I'd need to have to pick them up tomorrow anyways since I can't be out late.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Well no store near me is opening at midnight for it, and I won't be able to get comics until after work so the debate now is get the comic online or get the floppy after work.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So in case anyone cares

Read Justice League #50, the Superman L&C #8, then Superman #52 and then DC Rebirth #1.

Or don't because they're all bad comics.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm really looking forward to Lois and Clark 8 and Superman 52. Lois and Clark has been a great comic thus far and really has me looking forward to following their family dynamic in Rebirth. And I'm really digging the Superman story I just caught up on about him dying.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's pretty funny that wednesday has a read order. I'm gonna be up all night with these things.
Does it spoil Scooby Apocalypse too?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 24, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It'd be great if Hanna-Barbera IPs were now fully integrated into DC. Imagine being the owner of a mint SnagglePuss # LE with foil cover by Liefeld.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Lock yourselves in your bathrooms with your tablets. The comics are up on Comixology.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Just finished Lois and Clark, Superman, and Rebirth. Really liked all three.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Justice League was hilarious. Lots of threateningly pointing a baby at things.
Also hilarious, the answer to the Joker name question.

And done with Rebirth. Unfortunately I had the BIG THING ruined when I stopped reading to go looking up info on where the narrator ended at Flashpoint. Rebirth's twist was revealed on the next line. Skip his DC Wikia entry.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:08 on May 25, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Justice League was hilarious. Lots of threateningly pointing a baby at things.
Also hilarious, the answer to the Joker name question.

And done with Rebirth. Unfortunately I had the BIG THING ruined when I stopped reading to go looking up info on where the narrator ended at Flashpoint. Rebirth's twist was revealed on the next line. Skip his DC Wikia entry.

So, I gotta ask, what was the answer to the Joker name thing?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

ImpAtom posted:

So, I gotta ask, what was the answer to the Joker name thing?

There's 3 jokers now.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

But they don't reveal the specifics of who they are?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Well that sure was a comic book, I guess.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Dacap posted:

But they don't reveal the specifics of who they are?

Not in Justice Leauge 50 at least.

I need to get home and read superman 52 before I read Rebirth. But I doubt there's more about the three in Rebirth.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Norns posted:

Not in Justice Leauge 50 at least.

I need to get home and read superman 52 before I read Rebirth. But I doubt there's more about the three in Rebirth.

Rebirth reveals absolutely nothing else about the Joker situation.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Norns posted:

There's 3 jokers now.
NO. That's not possible.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Also apparently when he was told there were three jokers in answer to his question of the Joker's name, God-Batman never thought to ask a rephrased follow-up question of "what are the names of the three jokers"

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

team overhead smash posted:

Also apparently when he was told there were three jokers in answer to his question of the Joker's name, God-Batman never thought to ask a rephrased follow-up question of "what are the names of the three jokers"

The world's greatest detective doesn't need no follow up questions.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

team overhead smash posted:

Larry, Curly, Moe.

There is sometimes a fourth Joker but people tend to ignore him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Larry, Curly, Moe.

There is sometimes a fourth Joker but people tend to ignore him.

I would forgive everything DC did for the past decade if this was canonical.