Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Afraid of Audio posted:

death to memes

nice meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Borderlands gameplay was pretty okay, I enjoyed it a good bit, but the story is bad. You can also tell the DLC was just cash grabs because the story was just shoehorned in and never tied in to the main story.

Even the Tiny Tina DLC barely had any reference to the story. It was all just dumb jokes about RPG tropes and poo poo.

Getting cool guns and seeing how they shoot plus making a nice class build was fun as heck.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

kaleedity posted:

most of the orange drops in borderlands dropped much more frequently off of specific named mobs, making the 1/20k thing a little misleading

I still think that the basic leveling experience in bl2 was seriously very good, and playing krieg removed a lot of the problems the game had up to that point. The endgame is pointless and stupid but that's ok, playing a new character is more fun. Farming a boss for loot? Who cares, start a new character. I think I capped 3 kriegs out to max level.

ofc playing krieg mostly removes the game's gunplay so that defeats a lot of the point of the game

No, in the game it is set to 1/20000 which is 0.005% drop rate on items. Its hardcoded, don't try to wiggle that its based on named mobs.

Fanboy

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

SwissArmyDruid posted:

No, the free market doesn't condemn this behaviour. This is the power of Blizzard: Massive, overwhelming mindshare. Kind of like Nvidia in that regard, where everyone else is playing for 2nd prize.

Hmm, yes. I see. Furthermore... *smashes head against wall, splattering blood, sweat, and snot from intense sobbing across it* WHY, GOD? WHY CAN'T YOU JUST MAKE THEM OPEN THE SERVERS EARLY? i THOUGHT YOU LOVED PEOPLE, AND WANTED US TO BE HAPPY???

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ive thought about streaming but ive never really done it and dont think anyone would really watch me

maybe i will though, who knows

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I can't seem to log onto my Battle.net account from mobile and I have no idea why. It doesn't even recognize my email address? But I can log in on PC just fine. Is this a known issue?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Eonwe posted:

ive thought about streaming but ive never really done it and dont think anyone would really watch me

If you just now thinking about becoming a twitch god for overwatch. You are like a bunch of months too late to the party.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Lastgirl posted:

nice meme

but actually

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

As much as it was good that TF2 avoided having straight weapon upgrades (for the most part) and had side-grades instead, ultimately bloating each class' abilities was real bad.

Overwatch should leave each class as-is but slowly introduce more classes over time; that should work out much better. (Pretty sure that's the plan too)

This is a much better idea because it adds new opportunities for shipping, too.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Ddraig posted:

Overwatch reminds me of the early TF2 when it was actually balanced and each character had clearly defined roles and you didn't really have to wonder what type of bullshit you would be up against today.

In Overwatch, when you see a hero you instantly know what they can do and how they're going to play and you don't have to wonder "What particular brand of bullshit is this class running?"

This is why I love Overwatch's hero model over the weapon unlock model. If they want a different playstyle, they add a new person that has that and only that. New characters are fun and exciting and it will be way easier to balance set kits than to work around every single weapon combination too.

That said, TF2 is still a fun game and leagues beyond Battleborn.
http://steamcharts.com/cmp/394230,440

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Eonwe posted:

streaming is a lot of effort to set up and u gotta make sure ur upload speed is good or ull just have bad delay

i would watch u tho

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The boxed Origins edition came with an actual game DVD, a free Jaina hero in HOTS, free Hearthstone cards, an SCII trial, a WoW trial, and a Blizzard sticky notepad.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Harlock posted:

The boxed Origins edition came with an actual game DVD, a free Jaina hero in HOTS, free Hearthstone cards, an SCII trial, a WoW trial, and a Blizzard sticky notepad.

A wow trial, WOW! They just dont give those away for free!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
this game out yet?

Adonis Gunther
Mar 11, 2011

afkmacro posted:

I use a steering wheel personally

Guitar Hero controller Genji main, checking in.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
who wants to fight with me, IDIOTLORD, come overwatch release (or perhaps a bit later because ill be out)

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tenzarin posted:

The cardstock is worth more than the free trial

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The elevator pitch for Overwatch is so simple:

"If Team Fortress 3 had been made by Blizzard in 2016."

The elevator pitch for Battleborn from the guy who's ultimately in charge of selling it:

"Battleborn is: FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic heroes."

What does that even mean?

Adonis Gunther
Mar 11, 2011

anime was right posted:

who wants to fight with me, IDIOTLORD

A compelling offer if I've ever seen one.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

How do you get those titles under your avatar?
I want D.Va's Divas :3:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jack Trades posted:

The nap ghost stuff? Thats from when the forums needed more megabits in its ram or something.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Jack Trades posted:

the meimei thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775648&pagenumber=46&perpage=40#post460121607

if you want a cool avatar just watch the thread and someone will post one, probably.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Harlock posted:

sweet, a blizzard sticky notepad! thats awesome

what kind of sick notes will u scribble down friend

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Actually, they're giving away free copies of wow with the movie next month. :nyoron:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Arivia posted:

Actually, they're giving away free copies of wow with the movie next month. :nyoron:

The cost is you have to watch the movie.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Starting to read through all the lore and every hero feels like classic Metzen. Ahh Blizzard:

Genji: Slacker who moped about after the Hanzo fight until Zenyatta was like 'hey it's ok to be half-bot'.
McCree: Badguy who was caught by Overwatch, but when Overwatch tore itself apart went 'nah I wouldn't want to fight against Overwatch'.
Pharah: Since Overwatch disbanded she couldn't join and instead got an exosuit from a security firm. What was she going to do in Overwatch if it didn't disband? Certainly not rain justice from above...
Reaper: "Real Name Unknown". What? It's Gabriel Reyes, haven't they been paying attention? In fact, this literally tells us nothing about Reaper's actual backstory.
Soldier 76: "Real Name Unknown". Have they not noticed that all of his tags mention John/Jack Morrison?
Tracer: Was 22 when she was a test pilot and put into the timestream. All I'm saying is maybe you don't get your youngest member to test new technology.
Bastion: Funny to read they were the main units of the Omnic war: hundreds of civilians mowed down by Bastion just like all the noobs. Also this suggests he's still got his original, death-to-humans programming which is dandy for a member of Overwatch.
Hanzo: Wait, didn't Genji's story explicitly state that Overwatch is an enemy of Hanzo's family?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Lastgirl posted:

sweet, a blizzard sticky notepad! thats awesome

1 coupon to be untrollable online

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

All the sick burns he couldn't post in time.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tenzarin posted:

If you just now thinking about becoming a twitch god for overwatch. You are like a bunch of months too late to the party.

i would not want to be a twitch anything

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3777232&pagenumber=1#post460213417

:smug:

slev
Apr 6, 2009

There is going to be a million people trying to stream overwatch as their first game and none of them will get passed 0 viewers don't do it anyone

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Junkrat is younger than Tracer, which is sort of ridiculous. That said I didn't realize his partnership with Roadhog was an official 'he's my bodyguard' capacity, which cements him to always be Timon to Roadhog's Pumbaa in my mind.

Adonis Gunther
Mar 11, 2011

GlitchThief posted:

The cost is you have to watch the movie.

The cost for WoW players to watch the movie is potential relapse. Because anyone with a brain jumped ship a while ago.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i got a blizzard sticky notepad with my copy of The Frozen Throne as well, nice to see they brought back a classic

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

I just do it for fun, though it would be nice to have it help pay the bills. I'm not looking to become some kind of Twitch OW god like another poster said. I don't always have a lot of watchers but I also really like to have a place where I can grab videos of my games and get them onto YouTube with little hassle.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

anime was right posted:

who wants to fight with me, IDIOTLORD, come overwatch release (or perhaps a bit later because ill be out)

You already know Goonsgarden illuminati will be all over it.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Atoramos posted:

Tracer: Was 22 when she was a test pilot and put into the timestream. All I'm saying is maybe you don't get your youngest member to test new technology.

Tracer is mental and was specifically chosen to fly the test vehicle because she was expendable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-EGj2qdtxA

Well researched video imo

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
235 minutes

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Brannock posted:

235 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adonis Gunther
Mar 11, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

Blizzard just confirmed that there are microtransaction loot boxes in right at launch. Protect my wallet Gaben!!

Not surprised. And that's like asking Satan to protect your babies. (Sorry Gaben!)