Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Naked Bear posted:

Massholes are, hands down, the worst, followed close behind by Washington and Jersey drivers. Alabama gets an honorable mention just because everyone drives like a grandma.

Anyway, this has been going on for a few days now at NTC:

5-20 :lol:

jfc he should be put up for court martial for fwa. let a lesser rank lose his poo poo and its "tough luck you piece of poo poo well enjoy your article 15 and statement of charges and poo poo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Kill all nobles, or as I learned in the USMC thread, afnmfh.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
all loving nobles must loving hang??

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
gently caress all nobles and gently caress all drivers who arent me. get the gently caress outta my way as ludacris once said

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

gently caress all nobles and gently caress all drivers who arent me. get the gently caress outta my way as ludacris once said

What's wrong with being a driver? Seems like the most awesome job in the Army.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
gently caress all sncos too

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
lets be real honest for a second and gently caress everyone who is still in

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Naked Bear posted:

Massholes are, hands down, the worst, followed close behind by Washington and Jersey drivers. Alabama gets an honorable mention just because everyone drives like a grandma.

Anyway, this has been going on for a few days now at NTC:

5-20 :lol:

When people ask me why I'm getting out, I like to tell them that I've been blessed with the broadest possible view of the army for four years, and it's all poo poo.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
the army - it's all poo poo

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Hands across deez nuts.

I couldn't laugh hard enough in the face of any person who told me to do that

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Haha I was just honked at relentlessly, tailgated and flipped off for having the audacity to let someone merge

gently caress Washington state drivers.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I'd really like to just loving shoot half the loving shitheads in Washington.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Rampage style or lined up one by one?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
As they come, driving down I-5.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Jesus. Formal PEB in 2 hours, show up to PT in ACUs cause I have to be there early. Get scolded because I "didn't let anyone know."

Dude, I've told you like 5 times I have this board today. I have to be there early, gently caress you.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Guys. Guys! The formal PEB got waived at the door. They accepted the new condition putting me at 60% army side which will go up to 70% when the VA looks at my VARR. :woop::woop::woop:

It's happening!!!

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Not gonna lie, I don't fully understand all that but you sound happy and hopefully the army is getting hosed, so congratulations and good job!!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So the formal PEB is a Physical Evaluation Board where I have to report, swear an oath to tell the truth, and answer questions for a few hours so they can determine if the item I brought up (in this case,PTSD. An automatic 50% disability) is a disqualifying condition or not.

Instead of having to go through all of that, they pretty much stopped us at the door and told my attorney that they are willing to accept the new disqualifying condition of PTSD without subjecting me to a case of questions. Which is terrific.

It also means that my previous disability (20%) is now obsolete which helps because now instead of getting a large sum of cash, see loan Id have to pay back, I get tricare for me and my family for life.

The thing with PTSD is that it is an automatic 50% disability and you're put on the temporary disabled retirement list. You get reevaluated after a year or so. That percentage can go down to 10% if they deem fit. But with my legs getting another look at through the VA at the same time, and fully expecting them to bump it up to 20% for each leg, it will have me at 40%. So even if the doctors a year from now say I've overcome my PTSD (I won't) I'll still have enough percentage to qualify for permanent retirement medically. Which includes tricare, base privileges, etc.

This will also make my VA disability 80% and Army 70% total

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hells yeah make fat stacks gently caress the the army qtiyd

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

gently caress the the army qtiyd

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

gently caress the the army qtiyd

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Congrats!!!!

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

The local army recruiter just asked me to be friends on facebook, this seems like a very weird way of recruiting...

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Sever

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I don't know the dude, his facebook is full of stupid moto poo poo and "need a reason to join the Reserves? this is why *VIDEO OF CHINHOOK ACTUALLY NOT CRASHING*

I should add him to see if a guy who has 4 DUI's and has a problem beating women can get in, also if he wants to go in on some SS lightning bolt Tattoo's

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Facebook was killer for recruiting. I spammed the poo poo out of it.

You are tasked with 100% contact rate with every junior and senior in your area, and our command wanted twice a year. That's a lot of loving people. Traditional (outmoded but still pushed by higher echelon) method is cold calls. But if I call Johnny's moms land line or cell phone (usually the numbers provided are the one the parents give as a contact when they register their student) and mom says "gently caress YOU DONT CALL MY KID" thats great, but what mom says doesnt matter, so it doesn't count as a contact.

WIth facebook I can send them a message. Several can things happen. They say "Yes, tell me more, I want to join or at least consider it" cool, thats an appointment which I had to get like 5 of a week. They say "Yes I want to join, but I'm a sex offender is that OK???" and I can cross them off the list permanently. They can politely say no, which is still a good thing, because it's still a contact. The one extra bonus is facebook read receipts. If it says that it was read with no answer, its fairly safe to say that is also a "not interested" which is still a contact.

Yah its a little creepy, and the moto poo poo is just there because likely it's purely for recruiting, not his actual personal one, though I'm sure many cross that line. It's really effective though. Worlds more effective than calling someones house unsolicited at 5pm and hoping they're home and that you can get through the whole telemarketing aspect of it, not to mention nearly every parent will say gently caress NO as a knee jerk reaction. The parents that say "OH HELL YES PLEASE TALK TO HIM" is usually a bad sign, because 9/10 that kid has had some law trouble.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Facebook was killer for recruiting. I spammed the poo poo out of it.

You're going to be the first to go on the Day of the Rope

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
sorry I sent messages on a platform that exists purely to serve advertisements

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
You drive a van around only instead of candy you give out free college and brain damage

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Teflon Don posted:

You drive a van around only instead of candy you give out free college and brain damage

hey now...past tense

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Oh wow, yeah I figured that the account was purely for recruiting purposes only, don't know the dude and could be riding his time out in recruit duty. I enlisted back in 04 so this poo poo is like completely foreign and new to me, although it makes sense that they'd adapt to the future. poo poo you guys post Tindr recruiting all the time I shouldn't be surprised.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Teflon Don posted:

You drive around in a van and...nevermind.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

You drive around in a van and...nevermind.

You got something you wanna say?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Fight fight fight

TheAlphaChaser
May 12, 2013
https://www.yahoo.com/news/soldier-fires-apache-live-ammo-161500887.html

So I know ya'll already talked about it but I was the actual ground commander controlling the two helos that were shot at. My PSG was running casevac and I'm providing some cover for him with the apaches when we hear the distinctive CRACK of live rounds. Then after telling me he has 45 minutes of play time the pilot radios "uhhhhh something is going on we need to leave right now." Some red faced sweaty OC comes running over a hill screaming about live rounds and take cover in your Stryker and ahhhhhhhhhhh. It was p gay. But we also got a 3 hour safety stand down / nap time / poop time.

On the plus side it was actually a fun rotation given the weather wasn't hell temperature and I brought an entire tough box worth of food and didn't eat a single MRE. Honestly being a scout PL has been fun. Now I'm off to Jackson to be a desk jockey. Anything good over there?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I brought this up in the hangout but I think it's worth discussing here too.

My wife attempted suicide in October and her Reserve unit put her on orders so she could be seen by mental health.

Clearly it didn't work because she committed suicide in December.

I have a copy of the Army's investigation report. Here's an excerpt (emphasis mine):

quote:

Additionally, numerous individuals in [McNally's wife]'s chain of command expressed frustration that after the Soldier's [redacted] requests for information (RFIs) seemed to greatly outnumber offers of help and support. [McNally's wife]'s leaders and support personnel were particularly irritated to receive repeated variations of the question "has the Soldier undergone suicide prevention training?" This question implies that suicide prevention training is an inoculation against suicide. Repeated RFIs seemed motivated less by concern for [McNally's wife]'s well-being than a bureaucratic desire to avoid blame and ensure a specific block was checked. [Redacted] like [McNally's wife] [Redacted]. [McNally's wife]'s leaders in [unit], who worked to get her on orders and linked up with mental health professionals, deserved resources and support, rather than second-guessing of their actions and unnecessary bureaucratic obstacles.

So apparently instead of getting a soldier help, the Army was more worried about making sure boxes get checked and playing CYA.

I really really wish I could sue the Army. I guess I'll have to settle for sending an angry letter to my congresscritters, the COS, the Secretary of the Army, probably every member of the House and Senate Armed Forces committees, and every media outlet I can find addresses for.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Burn it all down, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I wish that didn't read like army.txt.

Burn that motherfucker to the ground.

• Locked thread