Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

vyst posted:

Two questions:

1. Have you seen the EVE monument?
2. What's your moral position on vandalism? :dukedog:

1. Yes
2. I have a sharpie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

nessin posted:

Alternatively just jump straight into T3 territory, or go real Elite PvP and hunt ratters with a Blops.

Yeah I'll probably go proteus instead of stratios for finding targets and that sort of sucks because the stratios is such a cool ship. Ah well.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

FordPRefectLL posted:

1. Yes
2. I have a sharpie

You do look like the kinda guy who would try and draw a swastika on the bathroom stall thinking you're cool and edgy but you draw it Hindu style or gently caress it up completely.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Nazareth posted:

You do look like the kinda guy who would try and draw a swastika on the bathroom stall thinking you're cool and edgy but you draw it Hindu style or gently caress it up completely.

Are you judging me based on my lord Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's appearance

I could only hope to be him

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Daco Vato posted:

Yeah I'll probably go proteus instead of stratios for finding targets and that sort of sucks because the stratios is such a cool ship. Ah well.

I havn't sat in my stratios in a while, but the first thing that I found when I was hunting with a proteus was just how drat slow the thing goes, cloaked or not. You can avoid boating around with some perches and bookmarks but if you ever find yourself having to approach someone it just feels miserable.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

FordPRefectLL posted:

Prosecution rests.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FordPRefectLL posted:

:yikes:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Just finished Chapter 4, where Ragnar steps down from Taggart and Anla Shok stole 1.2 billion! (I have 1.2 billion myself thanks to amazing incredible goons) and Evolution very cleverly got rid of one of the enemies.

This is so well written.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Wow, reading about the Great Northern War I am so on Reikoku's side! I hope they win.
Also, I know what he means by Deklein because I've seen it so many times here!

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Deklein :negative:

fare thee well

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

Bobby couldn't make it...
'till he went fun-truckin'!

Orange Red Bull posted:

Deklein :negative:

fare thee well

Look, its only going to be 40 years in the desert. We'll be back eventually.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

uncle spero posted:

Look, its only going to be 40 years in the desert. We'll be back eventually.

nah dude grath said he got mad blues he can spool up whenever

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Oh my god, Reikoku is part of Band of Brothers!!! I've definitely heard that name before!

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

xtothez posted:

We did that years ago, to the point where we had enough Titans in our group to AOE doomsday carriers to death. Oddly enough capitals were rebalanced a few months later.

Things have changed dramatically since those days however. Most (if not all) of the pro-Goons leadership in PL have either quit, taken a backseat or simply joined us. In the meantime PL have become best buds with the core of the anti-Goons brigade; EVOL, RKK, Finfleet, ISRAD and so on. The only relationship we can look forward to is being best of frenemies in Saranen forever more.

Hi Xttz. You should talk to some ISRAD dudes instead of hiding behind the fence shaking your fist. We're quite friendly in reality, we even gave Darius his Alliance back when he asked!

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Oh my god, Reikoku is part of Band of Brothers!!! I've definitely heard that name before!

This is so good. VideoGames please keep this up

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

YouTuber posted:

Hi Xttz. You should talk to some ISRAD dudes instead of hiding behind the fence shaking your fist. We're quite friendly in reality, we even gave Darius his Alliance back when he asked!

His alliance, you say... :colbert:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Drythe posted:

This is so good. VideoGames please keep this up

I just looked up Jade Constantine to see if they are still in the game and they are part of Pandemic Horde!
Holy moly, I wonder if all people from back then are still playing.

Also Band Of Brother's tactics are so sneaky and clever! The whole killmail thing I truly understand and Phoenix Alliance really does deserve to crumble. They were naughty for covering up Cyberdyne's actions.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

pmchem posted:

I posted that sovless aggression joke days ago in TWR, seeing this near future coming. It was +rep'd showing GSF can still laugh at itself. Reddit stole the joke a few hours later. Now it's been reposted in Reddit again according to DT. Whatever, it's an amusing joke but it's also goon sourced so everyone should feel silly. Especially the creators of that branding in the first place!

I made that joke a week or more ago and was promptly told that it had been made many times by different people and that I should be ashamed, so the provenance is a little less clear-cut than you think.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

VideoGames posted:

Wow, reading about the Great Northern War I am so on Reikoku's side! I hope they win.
Also, I know what he means by Deklein because I've seen it so many times here!

Well, there are some twists and turns but it turns out that RKK win in the end.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Is there somewhere i can read about how the war went or is there a post someone can link to that sums it up? I don't play EvE, i just find it interesting.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Does Burger King station still exist? And if so, would it be dangerous for me to try to visit it?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Endie posted:

Well, there are some twists and turns but it turns out that RKK win in the end.

Until you make a machinima of this event with Mittens as the antagonist, it isn't true. (Someone should send VG the link to that thing, though it's decidedly unchill.)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Cochise sounds like such a chill guy :D

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
It's true that Jade Constantine, space prostitute extraordinaire, has returned to Eve Online to satisfy all one's roleplaying needs.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I don't like these Band of Brother's guys. I wish Reikoku wasn't a part of them. :(

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

VideoGames posted:

Does Burger King station still exist? And if so, would it be dangerous for me to try to visit it?

All stations still exist but it has a different name and owner now and wouldn't let you dock.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

evilweasel posted:

All stations still exist but it has a different name and owner now and wouldn't let you dock.

Oh, that's a shame :(

And I am putting the book down for the evening. Just as Band of Brothers destroyed Fountain Alliance. Definitely not keen on these guys.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

VideoGames posted:

And I am putting the book down for the evening. Just as Band of Brothers destroyed Fountain Alliance. Definitely not keen on these guys.

Folks who have finished the book (I actually haven't) -- does it make any mention of T20? (If so, VG is gonna be really sad :()

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
You guys win that reddit war or whatever yet? I haven't seen any goonfleet stories lately on youtube and am legit curious, but not "reading over 7000 posts about it" curious

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Booblord Zagats posted:

You guys win that reddit war or whatever yet? I haven't seen any goonfleet stories lately on youtube and am legit curious, but not "reading over 7000 posts about it" curious

currently goonswarm federation has lost all space and is now the largest non-sov-holding alliance in game

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Booblord Zagats posted:

no, the war killed us, there are no more goons, we're dead

what is dead may not post goonfleet stories on youtube, sorry :(

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Your enthusiasm for this stuff is great please keep up your play by plays :shobon:

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Landsknecht posted:

currently goonswarm federation has lost all space and is now the largest non-sov-holding alliance in game

We didn't lose it. The space is still there, it's just got some f**ktard living in it now.

I bet those f**kers take my toaster when we kick their a**es out.

<corrected for potty mouth>

RazNation fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 24, 2016

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

RazNation posted:

We didn't lose it. The space is still there, it's just got some fawktard living in it now.

I bet those fawkers take my toaster when we kick their arses out.

Thank-you for your thoughtful observance of our no-swearing rule.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Endie posted:

Thank-you for your thoughtful observance of our no-swearing rule.

being pointlessly obscene or using dumb words is overrated, so i think you should lay off him okay end!e

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
It's all part of the kinder, gentler hurf thread experience.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

RazNation posted:

We didn't lose it. The space is still there, it's just got some fawktard living in it now.

I bet those fawkers take my toaster when we kick their arses out.

You lost it. There's no reason to deny it. A sober acceptance of reality is the first step to finding a good solution, which is "kill the nerds."

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

being pointlessly obscene or using dumb words is overrated, so i think you should lay off him okay end!e

I was being entirely genuine. Too many poopheads and see-you-next-Tuesdays have risked turning something awful into a potty-mouthed shouting match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Has there been any update on Empires Of Eve getting a dead-tree print release outside of the US? E-books irritate me for some reason.

• Locked thread