Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Athanatos posted:

Waiting: Not enough players.

non

Stop

leave your game it will never fill up if theres only 1 slot left seems to be ab ug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Casting Zarya's shield on Torb when he is under the effect of his ult not only disconnects me but crashes to login for bnet. Every time.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

HardDisk posted:

Goddamn I'm bad. :(

me too, man. Video games.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Melanion posted:

I've been loving the hell out of some Mercy but the classic healer's trope of relying on your team not to suck is in full force. I do enjoy killing so many Edgy McReaperfaces with my little NES blaster; seems like there are tons of people who despite probably playing video games all their lives have not yet learned that shotguns are a close range weapon.

You only start getting credits to unlock specific cosmetics once you've gotten enough random items that the RNG begins repeating itself, yes? I want that green skin for her so badly.

I had a reaper on my time who was full on trying to snipe with the shotguns :doh: SMH

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
IT is dangerous to go alone take a friend.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
How do I get the Diablo icons?

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Played a bot game to get my feet wet. Zarya is pretty fun. Shieldin everything all the time and black hole ultimate. After I get home from work tonight I might dip my toes into pvp if any goons will put up with my badness.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Hooking small targets (Tracer/Lucio/Symmetra) through me is really annoying

Zaphod42 posted:

I had a reaper on my time who was full on trying to snipe with the shotguns :doh: SMH

God drat. SMH!!!

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
Primary pet peeve so far: High-mobility players (mostly snipers) who hang out on ledges but never come close enough to the edge for me to Guardian Angel my happy bum toward them for healing.

Also people who get tunnel vision and continue to fire downrange while their healer is dancing around in front of them trying not to die to the opponent directly in her face.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Kooriken posted:

Played a bot game to get my feet wet. Zarya is pretty fun. Shieldin everything all the time and black hole ultimate. After I get home from work tonight I might dip my toes into pvp if any goons will put up with my badness.

Don't worry about letting Goons down with bad play. Cause you won't be the only one (especially if your on my team.)

It seems like every time I play mercy in pub games it's either terrible or I rack up pistol kills like crazy

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I'm playing 99% Genji solely to learn the maps. They're complicated maps! I'll appreciate that once I'm familiar with them, but there's a lot of corridors in odd spots as a new player.

The map art seems designed to disguise the limits of the play area. It's hard to tell health-containing houses apart from the impassable ones next to them.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I swear every game I've been in tonight has been with people who are just deathly allergic to being close to another player. I try to find them so we can approach the objective together, but those little taunting blue arrows just flee from me endlessly, and then I turn a corner and get murdered by the entire enemy team

I should've just waited to get into a goon group, but I wanted to play right away, and look where it got me :negative:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Got Stonehardt skin, all I need baybeeeeeee

Also goddamn this game is great

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Overwatch owns! Long live Torb

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

People complaining about Bastion is still so chef emoji.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Hit level 3, get HippityHop Lucio skin. All is right with the world.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I HAVE SO MANY GODDAMN GOLD MEDALS AND SO FEW loving WINS.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Well the game was running beautifully in the open beta. Now it's hot loving garbage. Constant stuttering, resources not loading in correctly, FPS drops to nothing during PotG. This might be the game I upgrade my poo poo video card for.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I am pretty much never on fire and hardly get any medals. This means I suck, right?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Trip report: game is good

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Anyone else already beat the game? :smug:

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Wow this game is a complete meat grinder. I barely even have to aim or position myself to get kills and I'm loving awful at FPS games. This is the same reason I stopped playing COD and BF. You sneeze near someone and they're dead. Really takes the fun out of the game.. Hopefully it gets better in the higher tiers later down the line.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Scent of Worf posted:

Wow this game is a complete meat grinder. I barely even have to aim or position myself to get kills and I'm loving awful at FPS games. This is the same reason I stopped playing COD and BF. You sneeze near someone and they're dead. Really takes the fun out of the game.. Hopefully it gets better in the higher tiers later down the line.

http://i.imgur.com/xyiyKBp.gifv

ScamWhaleHolyGrail
Dec 24, 2009

first ride
a little nervous but excited
I'm sorry for all the things I said about how I didn't want to play on day 1. I really just wanna bash people with my hammer forever.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Aranan posted:

I am pretty much never on fire and hardly get any medals. This means I suck, right?

Well it means you're not leading in things. Whether that reflects on how good you are depends a lot on the character. A Junkrat or Bastion who isn't gold damage? We got a problem. Tracer not leading elims? Another problem. But like Reinhardt, Symmetra, Mei, basically anyone defined by their utility and not their damage or heals? It's fine not to be medaling.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Scent of Worf posted:

Bastion main??

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Well the game was running beautifully in the open beta. Now it's hot loving garbage. Constant stuttering, resources not loading in correctly, FPS drops to nothing during PotG. This might be the game I upgrade my poo poo video card for.

This is happening to me too. The game ran smoothly on lower graphics settings on my aging computer. Playing at release, lots of slowdown and poo poo that is not happening to my friends.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

LibbyM posted:

This is happening to me too. The game ran smoothly on lower graphics settings on my aging computer. Playing at release, lots of slowdown and poo poo that is not happening to my friends.

Just curious, do you have an AMD card?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Scent of Worf posted:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Everyone is better than me at everything.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The Nvidia GeForce Overwatch update made my laptop BSoD :(

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Hace posted:

Bastion main??

No Hanzo and genji mostly

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Just curious, do you have an AMD card?

Nah, it's nvidia.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

In case anyone else is playing symmetra, here's her theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v8I5egzoMo

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

In case anyone else is playing symmetra, here's her theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v8I5egzoMo

Actually its this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBOSr7JK8OA

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hey I guys I just discovered a really cool secret about this game, it loving owns. Thanks for reading.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Any details on how rare the orange 1000 cost skins (legendaries?) are? I got one by level 6.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Did you know the only symptom of autism that matters is a need to make every picture frame even?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Puppyfarts, Jinh, and I tried to invite like a billion of you but you were all grouped or refused. Gooooons :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Played against a team on Route 66 that rolled 4 Reinhardt, one Lucio, and one flex spot. I FUCKIN OBLITERATED THAT poo poo WITH JUNKRAT.