Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Reverand maynard posted:

how did the t20 thing leak? Like it seems fairly easy to get away with: just don't loving tell anyone.

BoB hired a hacker to hack Goonfleet's forums. They then stiffed him on the pay, so he hacked their forums in revenge, and found the evidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Dalael posted:

Actually, would you link the fit you've been using lately?

not here

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

evilweasel posted:

BoB hired a hacker to hack Goonfleet's forums. They then stiffed him on the pay, so he hacked their forums in revenge, and found the evidence.

i think lallante of LV or V hired him, stiffed him, he counterhacked their whole coalition

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
VG is right this can be a very pretty game. This is phorde's "pillow fortizar" with some nice hardware on tether... :eyepop:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Daco Vato posted:

VG is right this can be a very pretty game. This is phorde's "pillow fortizar" with some nice hardware on tether... :eyepop:

Please don't.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

evilweasel posted:

I forgot about that, its still funny that they posted loving evidence of it. Does anyone have a link to an archive of the bob thread where they talk about it?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Groon now holds more sov than GSF. Please contact a diplo to discuss rental rates. :toot:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Groon, the actual premier goon nullsec alliance

better you than darius t b h

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

:agreed:

Groon actually seem like pretty chill dudes.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

evilweasel posted:

It is funny that if they paid the hacker. No one would have found out, at least in the way it was found out which would of led to a vastly different game today.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Dalael posted:

I think I lost 4 Astero so far.

I lost the first when I aggressed a VNI in I-UU5 (or some place) I was doing fine but I forgot to pay attention to D-scan. A few interceptors landed on me and I was done for.
I lost the 2nd when me and 3 other guys decided to try and hit a Rattlesnake. An ishtar arrived in the same anom just before we landed. He managed to aggro me before I warped back out.
The last 2 were lost when I tried to aggress VNI's and were hosed up by their light drones.

Something like a stratios might give me just enough tank to survive next time. Or it'll be a hilarious loss mail. Either way, I need to stop being afraid to lose expensive poo poo.

If your goal is to hunt AFK ratters you can fly virtually anything that has a reasonable tank and reasonable gank. I've been using a phantasm and it works fine, and it costs 180m instead of 500~ for the stunt special.

However you will miss out on:
- People who are checking short range dscan
- People who are ratting not reasonably close to the warp in

AND you run the risk of running into gatecamps and getting hosed although a competent gatecamp will be able to decloak a stratios about 80% of the time.

Here's the fit I was using, I highly recommend the web as it lets you seriously gently caress up heavy drones if you're fighting gilas or rattlesnakes:
code:
[Phantasm, close range]

Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

10MN Afterburner II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

Heavy Pulse Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency M
Medium Energy Neutralizer II

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Acolyte II x3

Standard M x1
Conflagration M x1
Scorch M x1
With multifreq you're doing about 560 dps at face loving range, with conflag you're doing 620~ but have to pay attention to the ol capacitor.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

When does GSF move back to Syndicate and rent the top 3 belts from Tolon?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

abigserve posted:

If your goal is to hunt AFK ratters you can fly virtually anything that has a reasonable tank and reasonable gank. I've been using a phantasm and it works fine, and it costs 180m instead of 500~ for the stunt special.

However you will miss out on:
- People who are checking short range dscan
- People who are ratting not reasonably close to the warp in

AND you run the risk of running into gatecamps and getting hosed although a competent gatecamp will be able to decloak a stratios about 80% of the time.

Here's the fit I was using, I highly recommend the web as it lets you seriously gently caress up heavy drones if you're fighting gilas or rattlesnakes:
code:
[Phantasm, close range]

Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

10MN Afterburner II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

Medium Energy Neutralizer II

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Acolyte II x3

Standard M x1
Conflagration M x1
Scorch M x1
With multifreq you're doing about 560 dps at face loving range, with conflag you're doing 620~ but have to pay attention to the ol capacitor.

big advantage of the phantasm is that with 3 turrets you get like 5min of heat with decent skills, meaning you can probably poo poo out 700 DPS using conflag

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

If yiu feel the need to use a phantasm just use a Gila

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

If yiu feel the need to use a phantasm just use a Gila

Yeah with a Gila you can put on a real point and just hover out at 30km while your drones gently caress the guy up. Phantasm is snowflakey as poo poo.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Gila costs another 100m though and the end result will be the same.

EDIT: There's also an argument that you want a scram to prevent MJD but that's for hunting the big fish and probably not recommended solo in any ship

abigserve fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 24, 2016

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
checked the influence map and saw that the great yellow goon blob is fully gone. i guess things didn't go that well? godspeed goon remnants

harlyq
May 9, 2014

The taint is real
Yeah our space is gone. Now we are surrounded on all sides by the enemy in saranenan and it just means I can shoot in every direction and hit an enemy occasionally shooting a blue.

Shade2142
Oct 10, 2012

Rollin'
I might resub just cause the gankers in dek (when goon owned it) seemed to have a lot of fun killing dumb people in ishtars or ratting carriers

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

abigserve posted:

Gila costs another 100m though and the end result will be the same.

EDIT: There's also an argument that you want a scram to prevent MJD but that's for hunting the big fish and probably not recommended solo in any ship

a phantasm can't clear (long range) tackle the way a gila can. A solo AB ship in 0.0 just means you're gonna die slowly as a ship with a long point and mwd holds you down.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

If you want to be snowflakey: run in pairs and have a tackle t3d followed up by a blaster talos

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Reverand maynard posted:

If you want to be snowflakey: run in pairs and have a tackle t3d followed up by a blaster talos

The point is to try and do that poo poo solo.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Ok. I've just gotten to work. I apologise for skipping a lot of posts. I was worried that some stuff about the book might be revealed.

Just read about Steve the Titan dying. I am very, very against Band of Brothers. I really do not like them. Also why are CCP developers playing in such a large alliance. Isnt that a conflict of interest?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

VideoGames posted:

Ok. I've just gotten to work. I apologise for skipping a lot of posts. I was worried that some stuff about the book might be revealed.

Just read about Steve the Titan dying. I am very, very against Band of Brothers. I really do not like them. Also why are CCP developers playing in such a large alliance. Isnt that a conflict of interest?

well to understand 0.0 the devs have to actually play in 0.0, which means with a relevant alliance (there have been CCP goons, too, for example)

and once you play with a group of friends it's normal to lose all partiality

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

Subcap neuts are currently borked

:ccp:

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

Saranen update: luv2club enemy caps

e: now with 25% more capitals!

Fix Lag fucked around with this message at 09:36 on May 24, 2016

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

Triple posting because this is amazing

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Fix Lag posted:

Triple posting because this is amazing

That is indeed quite good.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
neutered by having to pull their own FAX duty. I recognize those names and it looks like some subcap pilots upshipped into carriers and FAXes.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

VideoGames posted:

CCP devs can play in whatever alliance they want, as long as they aren't involved in leadership -and- they don't disclose their identity as a CCP dev. This gets a bit murky when you can look at someone's IP and they are connecting to your services from Iceland.

Running a large alliance is an accomplishment in itself, and there is a lot of insight CCP can gain from player innovation. It takes a dedicated group of skilled individuals to close the gap between the EVE client and all the coordination you need for a large group of players. Server costs, custom applications that are written and also maintained, real life man hours.

That infrastructure and framework of people and tools is a thing to behold.

Anyway what I'm most excited about is when you get to the part about what happens to BoB.

Space gods walk among us in these threads

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

a phantasm can't clear (long range) tackle the way a gila can. A solo AB ship in 0.0 just means you're gonna die slowly as a ship with a long point and mwd holds you down.

You can shoot out to 30 with scorch but yeah you shouldn't be fighting anything that fights at range. Orthrus in particular will totally annihilate you.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
I heard USTZ was feeding again, couldn' t be bothered to stop playing OverWatch to ask what happened... so- what happened?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It makes sense that CCP would have to be in Alliances to learn about how their game is being played but I feel like the way Band of Brothers was conducting themselves with how arrogant and rude that they could easily have tried to get CCP member to disrupt the Ascent Alliance guy to make him lose his Titan.

I am trying not to be prejudice against Band of Brothers but they sound like bullies and I do not like bullies.

Shade2142
Oct 10, 2012

Rollin'

Fix Lag posted:

Saranen update: luv2club enemy caps

e: now with 25% more capitals!

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54200690/ my favorite km from that BR. Greedy alt

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Oh my word I have arrived at the chapter on goons!!

The mascot is the fat bee and the battlecry "we're terrible at this game!"

I am terrible at this game! I am most certainly a goon :D

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
You're making me want to buy that book.

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

VideoGames posted:

I am trying not to be prejudice against Band of Brothers but they sound like bullies and I do not like bullies.

:ohdear:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Some neat pictures from W-Space:

Just some pretty lights.

A Sleeper drone, just doing its thing.

A flock of Sleepers.

Weird Sleeper-structure.

I can't remember seeing screenshots of this thing, it's apparently a Sleeper battleship.

Better view of the Sleeper-battleship.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Xolve posted:

I heard USTZ was feeding again, couldn' t be bothered to stop playing OverWatch to ask what happened... so- what happened?

I can only assume Manny and BFM felt sorry for us and thought we needed some mercy killmails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Carth Dookie posted:

That is indeed quite good.

If slightly wishful.

• Locked thread