Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
God, I swear the people playing at launch are dumber than the ones playing during beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Mortimer posted:

im so loving mad at this game holy moly

i've been playing since 7 and I've got 8 wins

eight wins

I'm level 10

why does my team suck so hard every time, I should expect less of goons gg

Maybe the problem is you?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Brannock posted:

Switch game focus

I don't get it. When I quit overwatch battle.net still says it's playing and won't let me relaunch it. if I close battle.net and reopen it it still says playing. I have to go into task manager and find the blizzard updater process and kill that.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm getting frequent disconnects now >:(

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Dias posted:

God, I swear the people playing at launch are dumber than the ones playing during beta.

There has been some funny games.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Bardeh posted:

I'm getting frequent disconnects now >:(

I must be lucky. Australia here and only one disconnect

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Dias posted:

I watched a bastion sit 20 meters behind the frontline and shoot at the enemy team in his mobile form. He never moved an inch.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Being playing since launch and having a blast, level 10 already. Its fascinating jumping between gibbering idiots and hyper competent team mates as the matchmaking works itself out.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Weird, I tried to install Battlenet on my other PC to install Overwatch there, but it refuses to accept my password. Which I know is right since I had to login on the authoricatior and the same password that worked there doesn't work on the desktop. I imagine it just the servers being swamped by the game, but still a weird issue.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Just played from servers opening until now with a full premade. Won so hard against pubs, it was very satisfying. We went to 2 or 3 Torb on each defense and competed for play of the game.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

welp guess i gotta learn how to play pharah

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
Internet outage in my area :iceburn:

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Edgy Bees posted:

God damnit Kojei! ......But seriously, D.Va is a blast.

winky face

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
E: oops, forum crashed halfway through submitting a reply, ignore this

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Ciaphas posted:

welp guess i gotta learn how to play pharah

Pharah's cool and good but it really helps if you grew up playing Unreal

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Try countering Bastion as Hanzo, Genji or Widowmaker

Except your team already has all 3 of them because they have a gravitational pull like the loving sun to the worst people on the team

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
im so happy this game is out and we can play it forever

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Axel Serenity posted:

I did but I was never good at it :(

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Game owns. I had a blast playing with PS4 goons.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I've now confirmed with a 100% accuracy that the pubbies suck and can't grasp the concept of teamwork or how supports work, instead preferring to take potshots behind a wall 24/7. Also sun's bright and water is wet. Ugh.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Axel Serenity posted:

A damage boosted Pharah does 156 damage in a direct hit. Which means that when I timed a rocket to go through the door on Hollywood right when they opened and it hit a tracer in the face, he got mad. Tunnel visioned me all game. I got the POTG on both defense and attack (both just ults, more or less) and boy, he was not happy about my ability to press Q at just the right time.

I guess I should have taken screen shots but Pharah, you're so dreamy :allears:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm so jealous of everyone getting skins :( I haven't gotten anything yet. Maybe it's because I keep losing.

I did figure out this one weird trick though; if you're getting absolutely steamrolled by the entire enemy team then stick around for another match. The teams will be re-arranged and chances are several of those people who were way better than you are now on your team!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I don't understand the title of the thread, do pubbies think Bastion is hard to kill or something? I just right click him when I'm playing Soldier :shrug:

I haven't played or really talked about this game with anyone except full goon premades so

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I am now at a 99% chance to get disconnected when the game ends. Losing progress. loving gently caress this server.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
How does overtime work? I mean it's kinda annoying when your 99% to 44% and they get overtime for some reason. OR when you defended, they are 20m from the check point and get overtime for seemingly no reason.

I just don't understand how it works.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Szcwczuk posted:

How does overtime work? I mean it's kinda annoying when your 99% to 44% and they get overtime for some reason. OR when you defended, they are 20m from the check point and get overtime for seemingly no reason.

I think someone just has to touch the capture point/payload so even when the enemy is doing a conga line you'll still stay in Overtime for ages because they just need one person to touch the point every few seconds.

We had an Arcade fight which lasted forever because both teams were healing like crazy and neither of us could get the other team out of Overtime.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Zarya dominates in Arcade mode. She never dies and has 100% charge constantly.

Tracer is also fun. Can recall and blink almost constantly.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Szcwczuk posted:

if you are about to win and an enemy person is on the point contesting it, then they get overtime

if they are actively contesting it, it counts down very slowly (Maybe none? I don't know), if they are no longer actively contesting it then the overtime rapidly drops

overtime counter will reset if you kick them off, and then they get back on though

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Szcwczuk posted:

If the overtime bar is full and not ticking down, that means someone from the attacking team is on the point. When there's no one there, it'll start ticking down again, but reset if someone else reaches the point in time. It's really useful when time runs out but you can keep at least one guy on the payload at all times to push it the extra couple of feet to the checkpoint.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dias posted:

Well, naturally those who didn't take part in the open beta are people who either haven't paid much attention to the game (and so know little about the characters and how to play) or who don't play many games overall.

This is the downside to blizz games being so popular. It'll pass in a week or two though just like beta.

Ashtarath posted:

Being playing since launch and having a blast, level 10 already. Its fascinating jumping between gibbering idiots and hyper competent team mates as the matchmaking works itself out.

Yeah every other match is either complete newbs or extremely good. Its jarring.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
How did I not play Junkrat during the Beta?? So much fun.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Standing outside the attackers base and dropping an ice wall blocking the exit right as the game starts never gets old

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Block it after a couple people have come through for better results

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
How did I never realize during beta that if you jump and use roadhog's hook, it pulls you to them instead of the other way around? That's fantastic.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So what's the penalty for leaving repeatedly?

Look, I'm sorry, but I put my fun before going through a lovely time with randoms.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Regalingualius posted:

Look, I'm sorry, but I put my fun before going through a lovely time with randoms.

I believe it's an XP loss

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

An alarming number of people don't seem to realize S76s healing thingy works on everyone

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Regalingualius posted:

Leaver's / bad internet queue

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Zaphod42 posted:

How did I never realize during beta that if you jump and use roadhog's hook, it pulls you to them instead of the other way around? That's fantastic.

Oh WHAT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Yeah dude I'm straight dunking on fools, death from above!