Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Is it just me or do Sol and Taliyah both feel like TF But If He Were A lovely Dragon and TF But I Can Get My Whole Team Killed And Don't Have a Stun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
yeah but at least asol has a level 6 power spike and kind of ridiculous sustained damage

taliyah just seems kind of doomed to mediocrity until worked ground is changed or removed

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

dont worry they will tune the poo poo out of her and make her like bard was after his fix in like 2 months

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I just don't understand why worked ground doesn't have a benefit to it, it feels like half a mechanic. (no, a lovely movespeed buff is not an actual benefit compared to losing most of the damage on your Q.)

They actually hotfixed lower mana cost on Q and carved 40 seconds off worked ground, I don't really think that's enough.

I really like the idea of her W interacting with it, either making it larger or maybe reducing the activation time to make it easier to land her combo would help significantly.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 06:18 on May 24, 2016

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
4-1 on swain so far, only lost my first game flailing around like a headless chicken with no idea what I was doing. Had a great moment in the last match where a Maokai tried to engage on my team, so I just walked into his team with Rylais and Zhonyas and my ult running and they couldn't follow up, or move, or kill me, or survive. Or even play league of legends. Fair and balanced champ imo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mistaya posted:

I just don't understand why worked ground doesn't have a benefit to it, it feels like half a mechanic. (no, a lovely movespeed buff is not an actual benefit compared to losing most of the damage on your Q.)

They actually hotfixed lower mana cost on Q and carved 40 seconds off worked ground, I don't really think that's enough.

I really like the idea of her W interacting with it, either making it larger or maybe reducing the activation time to make it easier to land her combo would help significantly.
they seem to legitimately consider the one shot half-cost q just as good as her regular q, which is insane.

if you listen to her champion spotlight or look at Insane Twitter Man it's all 'take advantage of your q on worked ground' and 'worked ground makes her fire only one rock BUT...'

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
You all laugh now, but wait until they give Wits End its manaburn back....

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
i guess it's supposed to be super cheap poke but that's all you can do with it when you're on worked ground. when they were previewing her i thought it was an interesting mechanic that was going to balance an incredibly powerful spell (and tbf 420 + 120% is incredibly powerful...if you land every shot) but it just lasts too drat long and the complete and utter lack of interactivity makes it feel tacked-on.

i'd probably just remove worked ground, tune her Q damage down significantly (probably 2/3 as much or something) and and make W>E actually work

e: it's funny to me that Q is such an incredibly lovely spell that E max first has a higher winrate

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what i'd do: make worked ground wide but not tall, make it last maybe 30 seconds, make her one-shot q also have half the cooldown

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

I dislike the idea of having to rush a rylais to take full advantage of a lovely spell.

At least with A-sol it's so he can kite, but without rylais I don't think hitting a full Taliyah Q feels good at all.

Honestly, make it so that without worked ground you only shoot one, but with worked ground you get all 5. It'd probably fix her. The idea of a zone control mage that zones herself is so goddamn stupid.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

This Youmuu/duskblade build on Miss Fortune is really satisfying

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Considering that her defining gimmick is that she can wall off areas, and that a hero who makes enemies not want to go somewhere already exists (Ziggs and Anivia), it would be cool if they worked real barriers into her basic skills; making Worked Ground slow enemies walking across it (rewarding risky extension to land your Q) and make Worked Ground Q's drop a little boulder (around the size of a typical trap) that cant be walked on for a minute/minute-half; it would be a gimmick unique to her and provides interesting utility that isnt just "Ziggs minefield, but way less scary".

I'm not sure what could be done about her boulder field, its not very creative, satisfying, or threatening.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 07:01 on May 24, 2016

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
bwommmmmm

http://www.replay.gg/search/na/SperglordFirecoq#2196953118

the vi ganks really helped out big time, did the old bot lane luge with her for ganks, did it twice and it worked both times

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Quality league of legends:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Eh, I've been taking long breaks from League in the past year and not playing it nearly as much. From what I've seen Kindred has been as feast or famine as Lee Sin, at least in garbage silver land where I am. Trust me, I've seen a ton of people doing the "X champion is OP, I will pick them" and then doing badly. Every single jungle Nidalee I've seen in a game has been completely ineffective.

A few Kindreds have done pretty well but they also suffer from "a competent enemy tank will refuse to let me carry" sorts of things.
Kindred, Nidalee, and Azir are pretty skill-gated which is why you think they're weak as poo poo in Silver (Hint: Nobody can play them well there). Just because you personally haven't seen them dominating the scene doesn't mean it hasn't happened. All you would have had to do was watch Pro League where Kindred and Nidalee were the two most common jungle picks for the last 5 months.

Neurolimal posted:

first controversial leagues of legends opinion i give and suddenly i'm being called bronzie, my word.
There's a difference between controversial and wrong. Your opinion is just wrong. I guess you could say it were "Technically right" since most players are Silver and under and Kindred/Nidalee players down there are really bad.

rabidsquid posted:

Is it just me or do Sol and Taliyah both feel like TF But If He Were A lovely Dragon and TF But I Can Get My Whole Team Killed And Don't Have a Stun
I'm 200% sure that they were built around a gimmick or appearance before the rest of the kit were filled out instead of build around a functional kit and being filled out from there.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 08:00 on May 24, 2016

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Except Sol is really loving gud but utterly unsatisfying to play

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Except Sol is really loving gud but utterly unsatisfying to play
I like playing him in support, but most of the time your biggest damage source comes from trying to hit them with those spinning orbs that don't look very satisfying when they hit.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sol is fun to play and has a decently built kit he just needs a bit of a tweak to his orbs

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
yeah tweak my orbs ungh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lovechop posted:

yeah tweak my orbs ungh

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah like sol is a fine design and all that just kinda bland and the effects of hitting people with your orbs Is just meh, even though you are absolutely murdering people. Taliyah just feels horrible every step of the game and even in the rare chance you get ahead on her you still are useless because worked ground lasts almost 3 loving minutes.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Sol's design is weird to me because I feel like the design he has the most in common with is Warwick of all people. E that you use purely for getting to the enemy, W that just makes you do what you were already doing better, Q as the one basic ability that isn't self targeted, and then R that feels mandatory for you to matter because it patches up your weakness. Sol because it gets people out of his dead zone, Warwick because it means he can do something other than walk at people. It feels like it's simple in a bad way because he just does one or two very defined things and lacks much capacity to react to other people.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah and also vel'koz and taliyah are the same champion

q that you miss
w that you miss
crappy knock-up
r where you swing your mouse around wildly and hit a wall with and die

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I agree with Ao Shin having a pretty unsatisfying design. He's just not particularly fun to play. His play pattern is basically "follow people around at a distance and watch them die". It's not great.

e:

Lovechop posted:

yeah tweak my orbs ungh

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 13:31 on May 24, 2016

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think ASol has great design. It's like when you piss someone off irl, but they can't leave the room. So then you're just there but not actively doing anything to the person. The best part is the person gets madder anyway because they want to leave and don't want to be around you, but they can't.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

yeah and also vel'koz and taliyah are the same champion

q that you miss
w that you miss
crappy knock-up
r where you swing your mouse around wildly and hit a wall with and die

:yeah:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i wasnt too in love with the asol design when i first saw it but im pretty sure taliyah's design can work (the same was im pretty sure they could make TK's design work.) it isnt really an issue with the numbers, though you can buff them to the point that they're really good, but that their abilities are all kinda weird and hard to use.

like i dont know if ive ever seen a useful TK ult, there were a couple times in LCS games someone used it to pick off a runner after a team fight so i guess it was ok there? if you compare his ult to wisp ult in dota it just feels really bad by comparison because he was designed as a support but you would never pick wisp with a loving drow ranger even though the adc role is literally just different flavors of drow ranger (and dwarven sniper.) it just doesnt make sense, taliyah's abilities all work from a conceptual level but the way they've been implemented is just not good.

i think they're trying to design more utility spells instead of damage spells but because they're not making the utility spells powerful in the correct ways. you just end up with a half-assed damage dealer that feels like garbage to play.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

asol is great, he actually feels unique to play as the 130th champion added to the game or whatever, which is quite an accomplishment

i see what they were going for with Taliyah, a sort of 'AoE twisted fate', but she just doesn't have enough power to justify the heavy gating mechanic on her Q. having your primary damage spell create a movespeed zone under you is kind of fun, having your primary damage spell create a zone where you don't do any further damage is not fun.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Taliyah would be fine if they just removed worked ground entirely. It sucks and just handicaps her.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
There was a 2014 mandate that every character needs 3 passives and they really liked this one after nerfing anivia's icehole size

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Libertine posted:

Taliyah would be fine if they just removed worked ground entirely. It sucks and just handicaps her.

They don't want to do that, because without it becomes even more obvious that her kit is really generic and an excuse to get to the wall ult.

Did the PBE stick with the absurd "please play her" Azir wall nerf?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
loving lol MID PATCH UPDATE

quote:

Taliyah Balance Changes
Q mana cost and Worked Ground duration reduced.

Taliyah is struggling to find early-game success. We're easing up on Threaded Volley's restrictions, giving Taliyah more opportunities to secure lane victories she can translate into mid-game power.

Quick note: since this is a mid-patch change, Taliyah's tooltips won't be updated until 6.11.
Q - Threaded Volley
COST 60/65/70/75/80 mana ⇒ 50/55/60/65/70 mana
WORKED GROUND DURATION 180 seconds ⇒ 140 seconds

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

They don't want to do that, because without it becomes even more obvious that her kit is really generic and an excuse to get to the wall ult.

Did the PBE stick with the absurd "please play her" Azir wall nerf?
the original nerf was to 2 seconds, tehy buffed it to 3. i imagine they'll make it 3/4/5 instead of 5/6/7

incidentally, that nerf was so huge that people are kind of ignoring the nerf of removing his soldiers being able to act as a nuke on turrets

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

the original nerf was to 2 seconds, tehy buffed it to 3. i imagine they'll make it 3/4/5 instead of 5/6/7

incidentally, that nerf was so huge that people are kind of ignoring the nerf of removing his soldiers being able to act as a nuke on turrets

Isn't he already pretty drat good against turrets without it due to building a bunch of attack speed as an AP?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Speaking of Azir and being difficult to play, my one Azir game so far I did horrible for 3/4th of the game; not because I fidnt understand them, but becausr I didnt know that the soldiers go farther the closer they are to you (I was playing him like Orianna).

Is that actually detailed in his tooltips and I just skimmed over it? I figured he would play more like a general, and less like an Anger Berds slingshot (not that I dislike that)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BigLeafyTree posted:

Isn't he already pretty drat good against turrets without it due to building a bunch of attack speed as an AP?
Yeah he's fine without it and late-game I think autoattacking actually does more damage than spamming his soldiers on it but the range on the soldier summon is longer iirc and it does hurt his early game tower pressure.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

I think I'm just gonna retire from mid and become an adc main. The last game I played felt awful. I got my poo poo pushed in hard as Morgana by a Zyra, and there wasn't really anything I could do to stop her.

Things are getting way too cooky in midlane, and at least I can right click on people and position decently.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

"The last game I played felt awful, and there wasn't anything I could do"

Uhhh don't start playing ADC if this is why you're quitting mid.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i really hated getting zoned out of lane by a zyra. i know! i'll go bot lane!

https://champion.gg/champion/Zyra/Support

82.37% role rate this patch

54.31% win rate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

"The last game I played felt awful, and there wasn't anything I could do"

Uhhh don't start playing ADC if this is why you're quitting mid.

I'm in bronze rn

No-one bans lucian here it'll be fine.

• Locked thread