Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeliciousCookie
Mar 4, 2011
Anyone else having weird sound delays when it comes down to ults? I've had a few trigger a few seconds after the ult has already started. Its kinda bizarre since I didn't have any of these issues during the beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Lucio is pretty fun. I apparently helped my team.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Edit: Nevermind

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
In before mei loses 50hp, she's too much fun and can't be killed.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What some good tips for using McCree? I got used to his ultimate, but still having trouble elsewhere.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.

Rirse posted:

What some good tips for using McCree? I got used to his ultimate, but still having trouble elsewhere.

stand next to target. look at target. right click. press shift. right click.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Rirse posted:

If you can left-click heads, play McCree.

Also his roll has pulled me out of Blizzard and Gravitron Surge in the past.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Rirse posted:

I have the opposite problem. I can plink people's heads all day, but I haven't pulled off a good high noon once. Usually I get killed while it's charging or I have to fire early and kill nothing.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Collateral Damage posted:

I have the opposite problem. I can plink people's heads all day, but I haven't pulled off a good high noon once. Usually I get killed while it's charging or I have to fire early and kill nothing.

I been doing better at using High Noon when I sneak around where the enemy team is at and try to catch them off guard. By the time they near "it's high noon" it too late for them to counter.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Catch people off-guard with high noon, aim to kill 2 people with it instead of their team. Unless you're behind a rein shield or something.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I wanna play Mei but every time I pick Mei my team has severe mental issues and she is a terrible carry.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
Man, I'm usually really bad with microtransactions, but I wanted to play the game so much and didn't want to sit there to open 50 boxes, hahaha. Says something about the game when the gameplay is far more addicting than the stupid skinner box thing.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
Well every loot box I've opened up so far has sure loved throwing gamer tags and sprays at me. Is this my punishment for ending up on terrible teams?

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Bluhman posted:

Well every loot box I've opened up so far has sure loved throwing gamer tags and sprays at me. Is this my punishment for ending up on terrible teams?

Bluhman, it's mecha Nixon.

What is your id.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

ColHannibal posted:

Mei is actually trash against people who know what they're doing. Hope this helps.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Rirse posted:

The one actual Pro Tip for McCree is you really want to avoid using his right click most of the time. Fan is really good in certain situations, and most people pick up on those quickly, but your M1 is much more reliable and versatile and it murders people super hard (especially if you're landing headshots). When things get dicey it's easy to slam M2 and hope for the best but in almost every situation you're much better off sticking to your primary fire and making sure you aim good.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Bluhman posted:

You'll be seeing a lot of that. The number of tags and sprays compared to everything else is ridiculous.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

ColHannibal posted:

Personally I pretend that Mei is a Tank character rather than a Defense character. I get that her niche is that she's supposed to be a bulky annoyance, but having a giant wall of ice and an invulnerable self-heal is crossing the threshold from "bulky annoyance" to "I am going to jump into an enemy team and gently caress up everyone's plans".

This also means I deal with her like I would a Tank - just Reincharge her into a wall.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Is anyone getting worse performance than they got in the beta? Maybe these new drivers are loving me up.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

If people could just figure out that [Chinese poo poo] means "here comes Mei's ult," she'd instantly get even worse.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Lost like 10 games in a row. Then dominated the poo poo out of the last game for the night. Game of the year.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

How do you do the voice commands that say "get on the point" and stuff? I can't find a keybind for it

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Spam f until you're chat locked

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

ColHannibal posted:

Bluhman, it's mecha Nixon.

What is your id.

Bluhman#1224's the ID.

Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...

net cafe scandal posted:

How do you do the voice commands that say "get on the point" and stuff? I can't find a keybind for it

Hold 'c', it brings up a little chat wheel.

A lot of them are automatic, though -- you'll just announce that you're on the point if you are.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Is there a list of which legendary skins do total conversions for abilities and voice lines, like Hanzo's lone wolf skin? I'm curious to see if there's one I should hope for as I slowly collect coins.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Nehru the Damaja posted:

If people could just figure out that [Chinese poo poo] means "here comes Mei's ult," she'd instantly get even worse.

people need to figure out the cue for molten core (which should be easy, right?). 90% of all Torbjorn's POTGs would disappear.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Endings posted:

A lot of them are automatic, though -- you'll just announce that you're on the point if you are.

The "_____ wants to get on the point" message doesnt seem to be on the chat wheel.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

net cafe scandal posted:

The "_____ wants to get on the point" message doesnt seem to be on the chat wheel.

Look at objective, hit 'f'

e: This is context-sensitive, if you look at a healer when you hit it it will call out for heals, pointing at Torbjorn calls for armor etc.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

^oh. guess that answers half the question.

Endings posted:

Some people I've seen yell "We need a healer!" or "We should attack the point!" As a voice command/chat thing. Both of those are options I don't see on the wheel?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Mayor Dave posted:

Look at objective, hit 'f'

Ty. How do you do the one that requests a healer?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

net cafe scandal posted:

Ty. How do you do the one that requests a healer?

'X' by default is the "I need a healer!" prompt, which is very important as it means your position is immediately superimposed on to Mercy/Lucio/Zenyatta/S76's UI, whereas the "Critical!" health indicator only appears if they are looking in your general direction.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
People keep asking for heals when they're "flanking" and that's annoying. Even more annoying is the Hanzo/Widowmaker spamming that poo poo. No, you come here if you wanna get healed, motherfucker.

I actually salvaged a last point Hollywood defense by going Bastion (alongside another Bastion) at the last 30s of the game, which prompted the anger of the other team. Then we decided to try All-Bastion for Volskaya defense and...well, that didn't end up too well.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

The biggest motherfucker playing this game is the guy who understands the tanking and supporting classes that work best situation to situation and map to map (in addition to just knowing that you loving need them) is probably the person most qualified to play damage. I've had to drop Lucio for 76 a few times now because apparently just shooting the bastards is some revolutionary act.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

The biggest motherfucker playing this game is the guy who understands the tanking and supporting classes that work best situation to situation and map to map (in addition to just knowing that you loving need them) is probably the person most qualified to play damage. I've had to drop Lucio for 76 a few times now because apparently just shooting the bastards is some revolutionary act.
I think I do fairly well with 76 but I tend to swap to him out of desperation so my winrate with him is atrocious.

On that note, what actually determines winrate with a hero? I have heroes with winrates with 0 wins out of 0 games--does it somehow derive winrate from playtime? Does the hero you finished a game with determine which hero played/won the game for your records?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I need all the skins. What affects XP gain? (As in, is it just "get bigger numbers, get more xp") Does medaling matter?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Mr. Fowl posted:

I need all the skins. What affects XP gain? (As in, is it just "get bigger numbers, get more xp") Does medaling matter?

Playing consecutive matches, playing with friends, winning, and medaling all affect your xp.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I got a legendary skin for Hanzo.

I am absolute dogshit へたくそ with Hanzo. :negative:

e: fixed with appropriate nipponese

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Playing consecutive matches, playing with friends, winning, and medaling all affect your xp.

Or in other words you get a penalty for being bad, having bad teammates and having no friends. Aka. solo queue :c00lbutt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Vanderdeath posted:

I got a legendary skin for Hanzo.

I am absolute dogshit with Hanzo. :negative:

May I please have it.