Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
i thought that face thing was makeup. or does he always wear his star trek makeup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elrond Hubbard
Mar 30, 2007

To ERH
*everyone applauds*

I bet Robert Beltran would love these.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Elrond Hubbard posted:

I bet Robert Beltran would love these.

mailbox@robertbeltran.com

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

JediTalentAgent posted:

That should be a story, though: The entire night shift bridge made up of non-senior staff ends up having a major problem with an alien vessel and this crew of nobodies manages to solve a major crisis without waking the senior staff.

"No, listen, we make that call and the next thing you know you've got Janeway up here. You know who else is going to be here? Paris, Kim, Chakotay, Tuvok, all of 'em! Even Neelix will squirm his way up here. Then we're looking at a shooting war because they're all always fuckin' it up. Let's just handle this like we mostly do: Off the record!"

This would have been amazing!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Voyager was quirky enough to do it, too

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Professor Shark posted:

Voyager was quirky enough to do it, too

It was, but with how lovely Voyager was, it would have been terrible :smith:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah, like the Borg children episodes

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah, like the Borg children episodes

That reminds me, it always pissed me off that they're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out in the Delta quadrant, and it's going to take them like 65 years to get back to the Alpha quadrant, yet somehow no matter what happened to Voyager, it was was back to like new condition at the beginning of the next episode.

Forge an alliance with the Borg for like 2 episodes, and get all kinds of Borg technology incorporated into Voyager? Episode 3 comes and, Voyager has been factory reconditioned. Get your poo poo pushed in by space pirates? Next episode, looks like it just rolled out of the space factory floor.

On a long rear end voyage like that, by the time it got back to the Alpha quadrant, it would hardly look like the same ship. Of course the series finale was all bullshit anyway.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Were they still operating under Gene Roddenberry's dumb rule where everything had to be resolved by the end of an episode?

Anyway, post your Night Shift fan fic itt

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Professor Shark posted:

Were they still operating under Gene Roddenberry's dumb rule where everything had to be resolved by the end of an episode?

They eventually got the mobile transmitter for the Dr. but I suspect it was because they realized he was the only character anyone liked, and needed him to be able to go elsewhere.

Also, I suspect that much like on the Enterprise when Data ran the night shift, the Dr. ran the night shift.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 24, 2016

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Iron Crowned posted:

They eventually got the mobile transmitter for the Dr. but I suspect it was because they realized he was the only character anyone liked, and needed him to be able to go elsewhere.

Also, I suspect that much like on the Enterprise when Data ran the night shift, the Dr. ran the night shift.

The Doctor and Seven were the only Characters the writers even bothered putting effort into after season 4. The rest of the cast (other than Janeway) felt like they were essentially guest stars or extras as they almost had to remind the writers that they existed. Robert Beltran got to the point where he would deliver one line an episode, and then sleep in his trailer for the rest of the week.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

That reminds me, it always pissed me off that they're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out in the Delta quadrant, and it's going to take them like 65 years to get back to the Alpha quadrant, yet somehow no matter what happened to Voyager, it was was back to like new condition at the beginning of the next episode.

Forge an alliance with the Borg for like 2 episodes, and get all kinds of Borg technology incorporated into Voyager? Episode 3 comes and, Voyager has been factory reconditioned. Get your poo poo pushed in by space pirates? Next episode, looks like it just rolled out of the space factory floor.

On a long rear end voyage like that, by the time it got back to the Alpha quadrant, it would hardly look like the same ship. Of course the series finale was all bullshit anyway.

Voyager should have been FTL

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Janeway is better as a psychotic Russian mob wife/soup Nazi than she was ever a Starfleet captain.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Ibogaine posted:

A lot of people in the comment section got really, really angry about Beltran, too. It's amazing how many people apparently take this poo poo seriously.

I mean, I find Star Trek enjoyable enough, but obviously playing one of these cardboard characters for years and saying mostly the same stock phrases ("shields are down", "unidentified vessel approaching", "the transporter/holo-deck/warp drive is malfunctioning", etc) over and over again must be rather frustrating for a trained actor. (Though I guess the paycheck more than made up for it).

It's one thing to have a laugh about space elves and such but I think you could show some appreciation to the fans that made you a millionaire. He never has to work another day in his life and he just says 'gently caress you' to the people who made it possible which seems arrogant and ungrateful. Before Star Trek, Beltran's biggest claim to fame was some direct to video Chuck Norris movie.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
In the like third episode the Alien of the Week steals Neelix's lungs lol

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Monkey Fracas posted:

In the like third episode the Alien of the Week steals Neelix's lungs lol

Oh if only Neelix died right then and there, and the crew airlocked Kes right after the funeral for being a waste of inertial mass. Might have been a decent show.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

shadow puppet of a posted:

Oh if only Neelix died right then and there, and the crew airlocked Kes right after the funeral for being a waste of inertial mass. Might have been a decent show.

Oh yeah, what did Kes do again? I just remember she hit puberty or something and died

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Iron Crowned posted:

Oh yeah, what did Kes do again? I just remember she hit puberty or something and died

Kes was moral support. :downs:

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Not a whole lot.

Tom got to gently caress her in an alternate timeline.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Nucleic Acids posted:

Not a whole lot.

http://pix11.com/2015/09/16/star-trek-voyager-actress-jennifer-lien-charged-with-indecent-exposure/

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Nucleic Acids posted:

Not a whole lot.

And Harry married their kid

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nucleic Acids posted:

Not a whole lot.

Litterally thing that didn't happen.txt :lol:

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Litterally thing that didn't happen.txt :lol:

Really? I could've sworn he did.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

She propelled them out of Borg space, 12% closer to Earth

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Iron Crowned posted:

She lost a beauty contest to Harry Kim IRL and was sent off in a shuttle craft to the ugly nebula.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

I though Tom hosed all the ladies and some of the men too?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nucleic Acids posted:

Really? I could've sworn he did.

Well, alternate timelines are by definition poo poo that didn't happen in this timeline :shrug:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Man a BSG-style remake of Voyager would be awesome. Imagine worrying about how hosed you are on the other side of the galaxy and then you realize you realize the only way home it through Borg space

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Professor Shark posted:

Man a BSG-style remake of Voyager would be awesome. Imagine worrying about how hosed you are on the other side of the galaxy and then you realize you realize the only way home it through Borg space

That was pretty much the premise of Voyager :confused:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Remember when Tom got a tv in his quarters and spent all his free time watching cartoons and eating junk food

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

psychokitty posted:

That was pretty much the premise of Voyager :confused:

Yeah but if they made it more grimdark

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think Voyager is a silly show that I will mostly just enjoy having on while I do something else in the house or listen to on long drives like it's a radio drama or something

I feel like it will also be the worst Star Trek show I have watched overall

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

So you haven't watched Enterprise then?

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

I know this is controversial but I like Voyager better than DS9. Also Enterprise is still the worst. I think we can all agree on that.

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015

Professor Shark posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4ApQrbhQp8

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

shadow puppet of a posted:

So you haven't watched Enterprise then?

It's next after I burn through TOS at one point or another

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Voyager shuttlecraft computers exposed as mouse-driven interfaces in S6E20 'Good Shepherd' at ~40:30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

This is really bad HTH