Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

net cafe scandal posted:

May I please have it.

I wish, dawg. for real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
After playing for a few hours, my conclusion is that everyone is terrible at this game including me.

Except with Rein, I did okay with him.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Your Computer posted:

Or in other words you get a penalty for being bad, having bad teammates and having no friends. Aka. solo queue :c00lbutt:

I HAVE FRIENDS

they're just broke and don't play videogames

solo queue is heeeellllllll

Solo queue has kinda forced me to develop a Pharah and a Soldier at least for those moments where someone needs to hunt down that fuckin' mercy KILL MERCY FUCKERS

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
solo queue usually dropped me in one of three things:

1. A game that's about to end in 10 seconds with my team losing
2. A game eternally missing a 12th person so it's just us walking around an empty map shooting eachother with no goal
3. A game that begins properly somehow.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I love what arcade mode does to the lineups power. Mei, Tracer, and Zarya become the ultimate monsters of evil and no amount of breaking it down can stop their onslaught.

Goddamn does the screen become a mess in that mode.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Brainamp posted:

I love what arcade mode does to the lineups power. Mei, Tracer, and Zarya become the ultimate monsters of evil and no amount of breaking it down can stop their onslaught.

Goddamn does the screen become a mess in that mode.

You forgot Lúcio. Constantly amping it up is hilarious :allears:

e: Most fun game was two Lúcios, our entire team was just bouncing around while constantly healing and the opponents got really mad.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Man I don't want to play nothing but Pharah all day. Is that cool?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
*Pick Hanzo*

Pubbie picks Hanzo afterwards and sits on it and sits on it. Waiting for me to give it up to him. But I don't. Then he sits in spawn and decides whether to just leave or not cause I wouldn't let him play Hanzo.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Black Griffon posted:

Man I don't want to play nothing but Pharah all day. Is that cool?

pharah is strong and good and does things sorta kinda even if you're not great both on defense and offense so sure!

just shoot down their healer

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I like Pharah now. I think shes fun. I might even try Torbjorn soon

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
Teaming up with goons = fun. But I feel there's more pressure to win? Teaming up creates zero sum dynamics whereas if you're just in Quick Play you can dick around.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

This game is good. It wasn't just a dream. It's real.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Your Computer posted:

You forgot Lúcio. Constantly amping it up is hilarious :allears:

e: Most fun game was two Lúcios, our entire team was just bouncing around while constantly healing and the opponents got really mad.

Really the best part about arcade Lucio is that his right-click recharges instantly. In a mode where you'll be lucky if you kill anything, punting people off points and cliffs is great.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

The hit detection seems pretty screwy. I'm missing melee attacks that should have hit perfectly on my screen

i guess it's all the stress on the servers or something

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Brainamp posted:

Really the best part about arcade Lucio is that his right-click recharges instantly. In a mode where you'll be lucky if you kill anything, punting people off points and cliffs is great.

more like luciowns

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

slev posted:

Is anyone getting worse performance than they got in the beta? Maybe these new drivers are loving me up.

A bit, but that has a lot to do with how CPU hungry Overwatch is. I'm so absurdly bottle necked that I get the same performance on Low as I do on Epic.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

GlitchThief posted:

This game is good. It wasn't just a dream. It's real.

I'm a grown-rear end man that hasn't played a game all night long in years but goddamn am I going to play Overwatch until I collapse from exhaustion. I haven't had this much fun with a video game since the original Dark Souls came out.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Has anyone noticed framerate drops in Gibraltar? I didn't have any problems during beta.

e:

slev posted:

Is anyone getting worse performance than they got in the beta? Maybe these new drivers are loving me up.

Oh :downs: I wasn't about to read through all those pages, but it was literally in the same page.

Elman fucked around with this message at 10:11 on May 24, 2016

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

W.T. Fits posted:

Sorry, wasn't sure if anyone else had already posted about it and didn't want to wade through 28 pages of stuff to find out. :shobon:

You're fine. Thanks for mentioning it, I completely missed it in my rush to get a couple hours of game in before having to sit here at work.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Unhappy Meal posted:

A bit, but that has a lot to do with how CPU hungry Overwatch is. I'm so absurdly bottle necked that I get the same performance on Low as I do on Epic.

Try running it in borderless fullscreen if you haven't already.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Currently on twitch:

Overwatch- 103,822 viewers
Battleborn- 256 viewers

ouch

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, what's up with release and Bastion players? Are they just jumping in the bandwagon thanks to all the dumb redditors screaming for nerfs to Bastion?

Dear Bastion players in 5 consecutive games: you can't move on turret mode due to the power trade-off. You can move on Recon. loving MOVE.

Seriously 5 game sin a row a bastion shooting people in Recon mode, standing in one place. One of them even got a card because he got 4 recon kills. Never moved.

Also, entering turret mode out in the open, in front of their whole team: great idea keep it up.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
I am definitely getting weird spikes of horrendous FPS drops. My PC can run this at ~60 FPS on max settings, but on occasion in game I'll just drop to 10-20 for a few seconds, then right back to 60. That never happened to me in beta, so I have no idea what's up.

AMD card, so it isn't the new drivers Nvidia pushed.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

I am definitely getting weird spikes of horrendous FPS drops. My PC can run this at ~60 FPS on max settings, but on occasion in game I'll just drop to 10-20 for a few seconds, then right back to 60. That never happened to me in beta, so I have no idea what's up.

AMD card, so it isn't the new drivers Nvidia pushed.

Same here for a couple of matches, although at roughly the same time, Windows was demanding I restart RIGHT loving NOW for critical updates.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?

Guess I was doing something right. :)

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Vanderdeath posted:

I got a legendary skin for Hanzo.

I am absolute dogshit へたくそ with Hanzo. :negative:

e: fixed with appropriate nipponese

Does your ryuu not karau the teki's? :(

I'm kind of bollocks with him too.

So far my surprise of the first 'live' session has been Lucio.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Trip report from Goon Games: I am an alright Zarya and McCree but holy drat am I bad at Mercy. Guess I'll have to get better so I don't feel like the lead weight on the team.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

is there a reason pubbies are so afraid to fight on the point in the king of the hill maps?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Well see that would compromise their sniping spot.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Been playing absolutely nothing but Genji under any and all circumstances. Instant lock-in every time. 2 Genjis already? I choose Genji. I will stare them down on the character select screen until they capitulate to my iron will and go with something else. Or not, and we get a team full of useless ninjas. I am the ultimate Genji Picker.

My favorite moment of the night was Zarya grabbing the entire enemy team with her ult, including a tank Bastion. I ran up, hit deflect, and Bastion blew up every single one of his teammates, including himself, by continuing to fire at me. It lost them the match and they yelled at him when they saw the replay.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Phlogistic and I had a match last night where the enemy team on defense decided they would run 6 Bastions thinking that was going to make them win easily.

I went Widowmaker and ruined their day. At the end of the match they all sat on the final push waiting for us, I popped my ult, and one of our buddies as McCree used his ult from above them to murder the entire team and we just waltzed into victory.

:potg:

We also played a match of 2 Reinhardt / 2 Mercy / a Hanzo (me) and a Bastion and just sat on the first point and nothing could push past us. I love this game so much.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Just played a payload game as Reinheart on attack with 2 widows on my team. Managed to win merely by staying on the cart almost the whole time since the enemy team simply didn't seem interested in it.

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
I like Winston. I like Overwatch.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Wow, having a pocket healer is great. For some reason I had a really good fight as Junkrat, so this Mercy just attaches to me and together we dominated the match.

...Then we were on opposite teams the next match, and they switched to Pharah and proceeded to completely murder me over and over :magical:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Dias posted:

Solo queue has kinda forced me to develop a Pharah and a Soldier at least for those moments where someone needs to hunt down that fuckin' mercy KILL MERCY FUCKERS

Winston is far better at picking off Mercy as he has enough health to get into the fray, a shield and an autolocking beam gun that melts Mercy and other squishy classes.

People shouldn't think of Winston as a Tank, he's more of an offensive support disruptor.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Please add Symmetra to the thread title:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8LrncDrbBo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ddraig posted:

Winston is far better at picking off Mercy as he has enough health to get into the fray, a shield and an autolocking beam gun that melts Mercy and other squishy classes.

People shouldn't think of Winston as a Tank, he's more of an offensive support disruptor.

You're not even wrong, I just feel more comfortable with Bird Girl. She can actually use the poo poo teammates as a distraction for her aerial shenanigans, which is a plus. Soldier is more for turrets.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
I am terrible at these games and just like to shoot poo poo, so I've been most successful with 76. I'm Foxy Grandpa.

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

Hanamura attacking, in the first 30 seconds of the game I kill the guy with Mei, cue the meltdown.

Hanamura defending, we went 5 dwarf man and 1 reaper, guy stopped playing and was typing the entire match.
Thank you for switching to dwarf man with me, just to make the guy more angry, goons who played with me. :allears:

Strotski fucked around with this message at 12:10 on May 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

I'm surprised he didn't start bitching about me as McCree in the attack phase. Flashbang fanned him to death so many times