Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

PaybackJack posted:

No Greyjoy player in your meta?

They Greyjoy that won our store tourney won with a deck that focused on high initiative with 2 claim. His goal was to get Balon out and run Put to the Sword as well. He destroyed a Night's Watch player when he played Naval Superiority and other person dropped Trading with Pentoshi.

I'd have to ask but I'm positive first snow wasn't part of it at all. You can build perfectly good decks without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

The Black Stones posted:

I'd have to ask but I'm positive first snow wasn't part of it at all. You can build perfectly good decks without it.

Oh sure, and noone said otherwise. But it's far from just "ok", it's an extremely powerful plot that will remain relevant until it cycles out in a few years.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Bottom Liner posted:

Oh sure, and noone said otherwise. But it's far from just "ok", it's an extremely powerful plot that will remain relevant until it cycles out in a few years.

Particularly out of Greyjoy because of all the Stealth. I'd rather Claim 1 and make them lose a guy that cost 4+ than claim 2 and have them toss away a few scrubs. Opens the board up for SeaStone chair as well.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

PaybackJack posted:

Particularly out of Greyjoy because of all the Stealth. I'd rather Claim 1 and make them lose a guy that cost 4+ than claim 2 and have them toss away a few scrubs. Opens the board up for SeaStone chair as well.

It's pretty great with Stark, too. First Snow your 3's, ward your 4's, kill your bigger dudes. You can usually keep playing out enough cheap guys to keep the sacrifice engine going and soak claim.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Played and beat Flight from Moria with a friend. Highlight was when my friend used Riversong to look at the top card, which was a cave troll. We spend a few minutes figuring out how to combat it and then start questing, revealing the quest that says "either a) discard 1 card per player and the player is eliminated if they discard a treachery, but you win if you clear this stage or b) put this at the bottom of the quest deck." We decide to go for the 50% shot and discard... two cave trolls.

(It would have been better if we didn't immediately have the quest reshuffle away but eh we won anyway. Thanks to whoever pointed out Tactics Boromir.)

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

New Devilry is a real pain when you finally think you're in a position to win

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I returned to Mirkwood. Had ungoliant spawn and attercop as main enemies but i managed to take care of them easily enough. The ambush at the end was just a bat which was no problem.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I ntered the Pit and got out again. It seemed like I was on the first quest card for ages, getting nowhere. Too many locations were up and I had neither northern trackers nor Asfaloth. Though I did have lorien guides to help with the active location a bit. I didn't use the Torch enough I think. Eventually I got to The bridge of Kazadum and the guides got me to the next quest card (since I had heaps on the first quest card, finished off the enemies that came in to play mostly that round - quick stricked one in the planning phase of the next round. Had 49 threat, Gandalf'd to get to a safe amount. Which was good because I got Doomed a bit. And then managed to finish the third quest card in one round. I just seemed to get momentum when I got the sword that was broken, and from there I just pushed through. I needed a couple of threat reductions in there for sure. Star-gazer + Gleowine combo saved me in the end, basically.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Made it passed the seventh level on the second attempt. Both games had similar starting hands and draws from the encounter deck. First time i got swamped. Second time i kept the staging area mostly clear. Slight difference made a world of change.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Amoeba102 posted:

Made it passed the seventh level on the second attempt. Both games had similar starting hands and draws from the encounter deck. First time i got swamped. Second time i kept the staging area mostly clear. Slight difference made a world of change.

I have a massive amount of cards and storage stuff in the mail. Once I get set up again the wife and I intend to play through all of the Mirkwood stuff in order before moving on to the Hobbit Saga stuff until they get the next expansion adventure packs back in stock.

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008

Amoeba102 posted:

I ntered the Pit and got out again. It seemed like I was on the first quest card for ages, getting nowhere.

We had exactly this situation last night, but with the addition of me being engaged with a Patrol Leader for the -entire- game.

But the good news is Grima makes a good defender... when he's an Elf-Friend, wearing a Cloak of Lórien and holding a Burning Brand.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I kept seeing the "cancel damage" shadow cards, but the Patrol Leader never got lucky against me. Though I think I had to kill it twice.
The turning point was getting the Sword that was broken onto Aragorn . Before that point I was looking at defeat. I almost thought I had to discard Aragorn due to Crumbling Ruin until I noticed I had A test of Will in my hand. I was a bit distracted.

I'm liking the Kazad-dum quests so far. I felt lost in the first one due to too many locations, and swarmed in the seventh level. Very thematic.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

So my 4 player group decided to try Flies and Spiders today, we went in blind. When we got to stage 2 the player who was separated from us was the one with the tactics deck :shepface:. We didn't win.

We decided to keep 4 players games to a minimum, probably 0, the game gets really fiddly at that player count and there's way to many things to keep track to play comfortably without worrying we missed something.

Amoeba102 posted:

I kept seeing the "cancel damage" shadow cards, but the Patrol Leader never got lucky against me. Though I think I had to kill it twice.
The turning point was getting the Sword that was broken onto Aragorn . Before that point I was looking at defeat. I almost thought I had to discard Aragorn due to Crumbling Ruin until I noticed I had A test of Will in my hand. I was a bit distracted.

I'm liking the Kazad-dum quests so far. I felt lost in the first one due to too many locations, and swarmed in the seventh level. Very thematic.

I'm looking forward to hear how Flight from Moria goes for you.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Speaking of the Flight from Moria. Has anyone killed the Nameless Fear? Sure it's immune to player card effects, but it's not immune to combat damage. If you have enough attackers that can attack the staging area, and can adequately buff them, then you might be able to kill it.

Dunhere with two Daggers of Westernesse and up to three Unseen strikes would be 16 attack for one round. I'm sure you could build a deck around getting the most +Attack then giving someone Nor am I stranger and using Forth Eorlingas.

Amoeba102 fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 22, 2016

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Amoeba102 posted:

Speaking of the Flight from Moria. Has anyone killed the Nameless Fear? Sure it's immune to player card effects, but it's not immune to combat damage. If you have enough attackers that can attack the staging area, and can adequately buff them, then you might be able to kill it.

Theoretically possible with something like : Dúnhere + steward of gondor + gondorian fire and just pile resources on Dunhere until he has enough to kill the Nameless Fear. Not sure what that does with effect of A Foe Beyond.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Well, I would take it to be 0 since the nameless fear is out of play.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Amoeba102 posted:

Well, I would take it to be 0 since the nameless fear is out of play.

I think so too, but the wording on it is such that it doesn't cover the possibility of the nameless fear being out of play, obviously since it's not supposed to happen.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

The official answer is that "immune to player card effects" means it can't be targeted by Dúnhere.

I beat Flight from Moria today using Erebor Record Keepers to get 3 progress from the abandoned tools in a single Refresh phase.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
New Martell spoilers from across the seven kingdoms.

Harmen seems good.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Foehammer posted:

The official answer is that "immune to player card effects" means it can't be targeted by Dúnhere.

I beat Flight from Moria today using Erebor Record Keepers to get 3 progress from the abandoned tools in a single Refresh phase.

Maybe Dunhere can be said to target with his ability. But Forth Eorlingas's text is "Each Rohan hero can be declared as an attacker against enemies in the staging area this phase." Which doesn't require picking the Nameless fear as a target.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Amoeba102 posted:

Maybe Dunhere can be said to target with his ability. But Forth Eorlingas's text is "Each Rohan hero can be declared as an attacker against enemies in the staging area this phase." Which doesn't require picking the Nameless fear as a target.

Basically this. According to a response from one of the designers, you can't attack enemies with "immune to player card effects" with Dunhere and Great Yew Bow because they directly target the enemy, but you can use Hands upon the Bow and probably Forth Eorlingas since they target your characters.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

So Nor am I a Stranger + Forth Eorlingas, or Dunedain Cache + Hands upon the Bow - first option means you can use all your Rohan attackers at once which is probably easier. Second one you'd need to buff someone a lot.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

KongGeorgeVII posted:

New Martell spoilers from across the seven kingdoms.

Harmen seems good.

Is Harmen the first Martell character with renown? Also, goddamn Nymeria Sand is loving annoying to deal with.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Flight from Moria attempt one. Orc drummer and a wrong turn right up with a bunch of enemies revealed right off the bat so my threat was messed up and I was overwhelmed pretty quick. Took a chance on blocked by shadow and lost one player. And it was pretty much over in 3 rounds.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

GrandpaPants posted:

Is Harmen the first Martell character with renown? Also, goddamn Nymeria Sand is loving annoying to deal with.

Pretty much. Knights of the Sun gets it from turn 4 on but nobody has it unconditionally.

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008

Amoeba102 posted:

Wow. The deck my friend was running was a mono-Leadership Aragorn/Hirluin/Erkenbrand Outlands deck and it doesn't run the Sword That Was Broken. Thanks for reminding me that card exists, would have been looking at about 15 more willpower late game.

Also I'm a big Khazad-Dum fan, but tbh the Dwarrowdelf cycle is even better. You're in for a treat!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Flight from Moria take two. Moved from quest to quest a lot. Got Hasty council and narrow paths was beaten since i needed those tools. Also had to clear a dreaful gap and beat a great cave troll. So the nameless fear was at 11. Aragorn jad the sword that was broken but got broken by a bad shadow card effect that made him take damage equal to the nameless fears attack. Had the tools was on the escape quest. Limped along to 3 progress. Then a bad run saw me hit a cave in i couldn't cancel so i was pretty much over since i couldnt do 4 more rounds. Threated out anyway.

drat victory point cards.

nyxnyxnyx
Jun 24, 2013
All the LotR talk has made me genuinely curious. How much would a preloved set cost approximately and where would I go to find people selling them? Facebook? Some forums?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

nyxnyxnyx posted:

All the LotR talk has made me genuinely curious. How much would a preloved set cost approximately and where would I go to find people selling them? Facebook? Some forums?

eBay, and around $20.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

How do I import a deck form Cardgamedb to Ringsdb?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Baron Porkface posted:

How do I import a deck form Cardgamedb to Ringsdb?

Cardgamedb -> Export Deck -> Text File

RingsDB -> My Collection -> Decks -> Import Deck -> File

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Flight from Moria take two. Moved from quest to quest a lot. Got Hasty council and narrow paths was beaten since i needed those tools. Also had to clear a dreaful gap and beat a great cave troll. So the nameless fear was at 11. Aragorn jad the sword that was broken but got broken by a bad shadow card effect that made him take damage equal to the nameless fears attack. Had the tools was on the escape quest. Limped along to 3 progress. Then a bad run saw me hit a cave in i couldn't cancel so i was pretty much over since i couldnt do 4 more rounds. Threated out anyway.

drat victory point cards.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Foehammer posted:

Cardgamedb -> Export Deck -> Text File

RingsDB -> My Collection -> Decks -> Import Deck -> File

There's no place to put the file, just a text box. i tried copy/pasting the text but it didn't work.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Baron Porkface posted:

There's no place to put the file, just a text box. i tried copy/pasting the text but it didn't work.

Import Deck -> File should have a browse input as the first form element:

Maybe try a different browser?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Do you need to publish a deck on Ringsdb for the cards to count in the rating system?

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Apparently Arkham Horror Card Game is coming:
http://www.polyhedroncollider.com/2016/05/leaked-images-tease-arkham-horror-card.html

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I would have expected they'd gone the "adventure card game" route like they did with Warhammer Quest. Seems like a better fit than another LCG but I guess we'll see how it plays out.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Sounds kinda like its going to be LOTR-style. I could see it working.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I'm all for another solo-friendly LCG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

PrinnySquadron posted:

Sounds kinda like its going to be LOTR-style. I could see it working.

Yeah it sounds like the Saga mode they have for the Hobbit and Lord of the Ring's adventures, where some things carry over.