Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Countblanc posted:

issac is gonna be fuckin crushed when he realizes the Spender who paid him a compliment was a fake

isaac's life is one tragedy after another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Wondering what kind of synergy Isaac's weather powers + Izzie's umbrella whatevers might have.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-119/

Guess Spender didn't like how the duo worked out last time. :v:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So we're all agreed that Isaac is the one with the extremely anime phone, right?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Richard Kazuhira Spender

If you get sent to detention, the mission's a failure!

Podima posted:

So we're all agreed that Isaac is the one with the extremely anime phone, right?

Their phones are the same colour as their spectral energy, except for Spender's (the generic light gray mini-tablet)

So yeah the anime one is Isaac's, because it's blue. The Burger Child is rocking the ancient Nokia brick, as befits his status as ambiguous orphan. Isabel and Max get flip phones, the coolest of all phones [when you're twelve]

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 20, 2016

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
If Hijack is in Spender then it makes sense for him to take Isabel with him to get revenge

Will Max be paired with someone or will he stay behind to shadow the principal?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
InuYasha, Isaac? Fuckin really

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Spender sounds too competent, hijack is in him

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I was going to post that maybe Hijack is in Spender, for different reasons. Since he and Isabel are considered the most competent (except by Isaac) and Max is not only new but almost died last mission when Spender left him, it seems like an odd decision to pair up with her. The kids are clearly surprised too. Maybe they'll catch on.

e: If he's inside Spender, his plan might be to jump to Isabel.

Fecha fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 20, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It seems weird to pair Spender-Hijack with the most competent member of the group if he is indeed Hijack, but at the same time Isabel has implied she's actually incredibly loyal to Spender (either because he's done something to earn it or because she's desperate for an authority figure who doesn't emotionally abuse her) so maybe she'd be hesitant to actually act on any suspicions.

Man now I hope Spender isn't actually Hijack because both Issac and Isabel would be getting owned.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Hijack is not in spender and I bet he is nice and supportive to Isaac on a regular basis, but the kid tends to focus on the negative.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Fecha posted:

I was going to post that maybe Hijack is in Spender, for different reasons. Since he and Isabel are considered the most competent (except by Isaac) and Max is not only new but almost died last mission when Spender left him, it seems like an odd decision to pair up with her. The kids are clearly surprised too. Maybe they'll catch on.

e: If he's inside Spender, his plan might be to jump to Isabel.

I hope literally the next page is the kids going, "hey, wait a minute!" and jumping him.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Mazerunner posted:

I hope literally the next page is the kids going, "hey, wait a minute!" and jumping him.

Considering the flashfowrard structure we're in here, that ain't happening.

I could see Spender being controlled and the weird eye moment being whatever's up with Garcia, but it still feels odd.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Blackheart posted:

Hijack is not in spender and I bet he is nice and supportive to Isaac on a regular basis, but the kid tends to focus on the negative.

Agreed. The only time we've seen Spender act negatively towards Isaac has either been when Isaac was being a shithead teen to Spender first, and when Isaac tried asking about the Consortium.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
and when he made those illustrations when they were explaining ghosts and spirits

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Podima posted:

None of them are beetlephones, so it's a tie.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Oh they're RGB, that's cute.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Willing to bet Spencer is pairing with someone to make sure he isn't possessed without knowing about it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
His mind is in a ~delicate balance~ so yeah my money's on him being super paranoid.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
"If you find out that your mark's the puppet"

Does Spender have a reason to know Hijack looks like a puppet?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

He means if they find out that the teacher they're following is the one being controlled.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Wow, Ed has no chance. How can you know that what Mr. Starchman does is out of the ordinary for him?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kikas posted:

Wow, Ed has no chance. How can you know that what Mr. Starchman does is out of the ordinary for him?

Likewise for Mr "My many hobbies include notably floating down small rivers in perfect imitation of a corpse" Garcia.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Oblivious posted:

I think he meant "If you find out your mark is being puppeted by the puppetmaster guy".

Storm god will not be some dual-puppet's puppet's puppet.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Renaissance Robot posted:

So yeah the anime one is Isaac's, because it's blue. The Burger Child is rocking the ancient Nokia brick, as befits his status as ambiguous orphan. Isabel and Max get flip phones, the coolest of all phones [when you're twelve]

Bizarrely Lenevo announced yesterday they're bringing back part of the Motorola IP sometime soon: The RAZR flip phone. Zack can predict the future!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Flip phones are great because it protects the screen from scratching on whatever stuff is in your pocket (like keys).

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

my caseless phone has survived two years in my pocket and definitely some significant drops with the tiniest of scratches that you really have to be looking for to notice. phone glass technology has gotten Really Good

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Huh, the kids' phones are all generally coloured similarly to their spectral energy. Isabel's got red, burger child has green, Max has black, Isaac's is blue-ish.

My god. I GET IT NOW. The colour of your spectral energy is determined by the colour of your phone. No wonder Spender said black spectral energy was quite common, most people just keep the generic black colour a lot of phones are these days.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Slime posted:

Huh, the kids' phones are all generally coloured similarly to their spectral energy. Isabel's got red, burger child has green, Max has black, Isaac's is blue-ish.

My god. I GET IT NOW. The colour of your spectral energy is determined by the colour of your phone. No wonder Spender said black spectral energy was quite common, most people just keep the generic black colour a lot of phones are these days.

Spectral energy colors the plastic on your phone, Isaac's phone used to be black

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
They're like power rangers and just seem to subconsciously gravitate toward clothes/toys/objects which match their respective super-color.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Countblanc posted:

They're like power rangers and just seem to subconsciously gravitate toward clothes/toys/objects which match their respective super-color.

Can't wait to see Isaac's life size poster wall scroll of Neytiri from Avatar

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Cat Mattress posted:

Likewise for Mr "My many hobbies include notably floating down small rivers in perfect imitation of a corpse" Garcia.
I still want to know what the deal with that is. The first page of this comic I saw was the one where Garcia is trying to bribe Max to not tell anyone about that incident. It got me interested enough to read the rest of the comic and figure out how we got to that point, but now it's like years later and I still don't know what that dude was doing floating down a river.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

may contain peanuts posted:

I still want to know what the deal with that is. The first page of this comic I saw was the one where Garcia is trying to bribe Max to not tell anyone about that incident. It got me interested enough to read the rest of the comic and figure out how we got to that point, but now it's like years later and I still don't know what that dude was doing floating down a river.

We know that he's borderline narcoleptic and Boss Leader's organization conducts meetings in their sleep, so those two things may be connected. Or maybe he's just a huge weirdo.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

we also know that floating in shallow streams is extremely good and fun. open and shut case frankly

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Update

Buying more and more into the theory that Spender is Hijacked(TM).

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hahaha I love the alt text this time.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

HOLY GOD

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Podima posted:

Hahaha I love the alt text this time.

Oh cool, he's started just displaying it at the bottom of the page so past ones work on mobile. Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Even the doctopus doesn't understand how everyone's this dense.