Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

"No one likes to play support but everyone likes to win"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Sometimes reaper is poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_NOzpB6lpk

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Chomposaur posted:

I played Widowmaker for a full round in the brawl thinking that it was the random characters one and players were just getting lucky with respawns ::sadtrombone::

Also the brawl is kinda eh. It's like super turtle world with tanks and lucios and meis and no one dying ever.

I'm not gonna lie, I spent a round in beta trying to heal people with Lucio's gun ::sadtrombone2::

Same here, but I was using L shift and switching to healing then again and shooting them to give them a speed boost :downs:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Why are there two threads

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

Why are there two threads

The other is the chill one

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

HardDisk posted:

The other is the chill one

This sounds like a trick

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
Junk rat question: so he did his ultimate and I snuck up behind him and shot him in the back of the head. His bomb was way far away, however it was like he blew up a little too and i died. Death cam showed it was me killing myself. Does junk rat blow up when he's killed when channeling? Is it a bug or a feature?

Game fun hating work

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I generally don't care for FPS games aside from TF2 but this game is real fun so far

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

This sounds like a trick

Well, both of them are chill so far, but just wait until ranked matchmaking gets in.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

hhhat posted:

Junk rat question: so he did his ultimate and I snuck up behind him and shot him in the back of the head. His bomb was way far away, however it was like he blew up a little too and i died. Death cam showed it was me killing myself. Does junk rat blow up when he's killed when channeling? Is it a bug or a feature?

Game fun hating work

He drops grenades on death as a passive ability.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hhhat posted:

Game fun hating work

On death, Junkrat will drop four (?) grenades that will explode after a short delay. You should always stay a fair distance away after killing him to let them explode.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

hhhat posted:

Game fun hating work

Junkrat drops a pile of bombs at his feet when he dies.

e:b

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016

hhhat posted:

Game fun hating work

Junkrat drops a pile of grenades when he dies. It's a passive ability of the hero.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

hhhat posted:

Game fun hating work

He drops grenades on death. So feature. The most hilarious one, I must add.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

"No one likes to play support but everyone likes to win"

I actually like playing support half the time. Usually Lucio, but that's only when attacking. AOE heals are only good when the cat herd that is your team has something to force them to clump together. For the most part.

Mercy's Ok but feels too much like the Medic from TF2 and seems really restricting. Main problem is that most of the heros are so mobile that it's hard to keep up with them if you're trying to keep the whole team alive, even with the "fly home" ability. So you just end up pocketing the tank unless then decide to run up to you.

With Symetra? :shrug:. She really just has that shield, so she needs an actual healer to help out.

Zenyatta is great fun but I think they shouldn't have applied the 3 second LOS restriction to his healing orb. It makes sense for the damage orb but his healing is way too low. Which sucks because he's by far my favorite character design wise.

I really hope they start fleshing out the support class first when new characters come out.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
wow pharrah owns bones in arcade mode. touching the ground is for suckers.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Atoramos posted:

It's the opposite: They did reset MMR, which means all the players better than you are right there with you at rank 0.

I'm not sure that's true. I've been watching some of Seagull's stream from the first few hours, and his stack was mostly matched up against other pro stacks from the get-go.

Good players on rank 0 could be because people played beta on another account from the one they bought the game on. Also, great FPS players without Overwatch experience will dumpster other newbies after just a couple games of learning the basics.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
So who were the new characters that people were theorizing again?

There was:

Sombra (mother of the year)

Doomfist (who is a kid, no really, I'm serious)

and like one other dude/dudette right? I feel like it was an attack looking class.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Elerion posted:

I'm not sure that's true. I've been watching some of Seagull's stream from the first few hours, and his stack was mostly matched up against other pro stacks from the get-go.

Good players on rank 0 could be because people played beta on another account from the one they bought the game on. Also, great FPS players without Overwatch experience will dumpster other newbies after just a couple games of learning the basics.

I he solo queuing? Cause if he's 6 stacking then he'll be more likely to get paired against other 6 stacks (I think). Which would explain why he would be getting teamed with other pros since right now I assume other pros make up most of the 6 stacks.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
The hero that is basically Pudge is real fun

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Crain posted:

With Symetra? :shrug:. She really just has that shield, so she needs an actual healer to help out.

Zenyatta is great fun but I think they shouldn't have applied the 3 second LOS restriction to his healing orb. It makes sense for the damage orb but his healing is way too low. Which sucks because he's by far my favorite character design wise.

Arguably her teleport is also a kind of support because it cuts the time it takes to people to get back into the mess, which is almost another kind of resurrection. And I personally I think it's a bit better than Mercy's because the teleport should be in a secure spot protected by her turrets. Outside of that, though, yeah, her shields feels almost like a filler ability (though it makes Tracers and Zenyatta not die to a Widowmaker bodyshot).

As for Zenyatta, I understand why they added the LoS requirement. People would drop a healing ball in their flankers and then the net result is a Tracer with a lot of HP, which isn't fun at all to fight against. Having said that, I think the damage orb should have a wallhack applied to the person with it, on top of the indicator.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Crain posted:

There was:

and like one other dude/dudette right? I feel like it was an attack looking class.

There's a ton of posters in the Hanamura arcade of a girl with cool 80s future glasses and what looks like some kind of robot? I wouldn't be surprised to see her become a new hero.

One of the devs did a Q&A for a Korean website and said there would definitely be new maps and characters this year. So Blizzcon is gonna be awesome as far as Overwatch is concerned

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
I probably wouldn't mind playing support as much if there was more then three characters. Well two, really, since Zenyatta is hard countered by Widowmaker (and there's going to be a Widowmaker in your game).

Also Mercy is good but boring and lame, and playing her is probably the least amount of fun you can have in this game. Basically what I'm saying is I wouldn't mind playing support as much if there was something else to play besides Lucio.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Crain posted:

There was:

Sombra, Doomfist, Soundquake, Athena, girl in Hanamura posters, portraits at end of "Recall" short, little Hazmat guy in all the concept art lineups.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

I probably wouldn't mind playing support as much if there was more then three characters. Well two, really, since Zenyatta is hard countered by Widowmaker (and there's going to be a Widowmaker in your game).

Also Mercy is good but boring and lame, and playing her is probably the least amount of fun you can have in this game. Basically what I'm saying is I wouldn't mind playing support as much if there was something else to play besides Lucio.

Symmetra and Bastion are less fun, to me.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Macaluso posted:

There's a ton of posters in the Hanamura arcade of a girl with cool 80s future glasses and what looks like some kind of robot? I wouldn't be surprised to see her become a new hero.

One of the devs did a Q&A for a Korean website and said there would definitely be new maps and characters this year. So Blizzcon is gonna be awesome as far as Overwatch is concerned

Oh right. Also they totally teased D.Va the same way on Hanamura.

I can't wait for Blizzcon. I'm not going, but I can't wait to see all the goodies for hearthstone and overwatch.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
Some of the abilities in this game really need more noticeable range markers.

Like Reaper's "die die die" which I thought was just the red cloud around him but it's actually way bigger than that. Also Zarya's black hole, which I have no idea but I missed my target with it and enemies flew into it from miles away.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

They need to add new supports to this game so bad. The absolute biggest problem with it is that I dont feel like playing as Lucio every game if I want to win.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

On that note, I could never tell yesterday if I was far enough away from d.va's mech explosion thing to not get taken out. Pretty massive range on that one.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Macaluso posted:

There was a Widowmaker me and my team were dealing with last night named Grover and long story short I hope he dies in real life

I am this salty whiner itt

Don't worry. His house is built poorly (dangerously) with mismatched windows.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Mercy is so good but that beam is like a "please come kill me now" sign

no one ever bothers me on Lucio

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Atoramos posted:

Also my wife chain-crashes after a bit of play with 'Rendering device has been lost', but she's running the same build I am with a 760. Latest drivers. Tried reinstalling Windows 10 last night, but no dice. She's pulling her hair out and I'm not sure what to suggest (I'll be getting a new card once the 1080's are actually available, so she can try swapping for my card then...)

Check out the card/computer case and see if it is full of dust bunnies. If not, blast it with air anyway because unless you're running HEPA filtration and regularly clean it out there's gonna be dust. With a 760 that's a good amount of time if it's been untouched since installation, and if she's got any kind of pets it's probably all dusted up and unable to cool properly.

There's a possibility there's a driver issue or your PSU is being really strange but if her computer runs fine after being shut off for a bit and then stays fine until she's playing the game then it's almost certainly a heat issue causing the card to freak out. Did/does she get weird graphics glitches elsewhere? Unconstrained textures, weird shading and staticy poo poo, stuff like that.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Soothing Vapors posted:

Mercy is so good but that beam is like a "please come kill me now" sign

no one ever bothers me on Lucio

I loving love running behind enemy lines on Anubis and just running back and forth in that little tunnel right behind the capture point. You can so easily duck in and out of there and run on the walls so fast as Lucio and just annoy the poo poo out of the other team and super distract them. I've completely changed the tide of a few matches by doing that. Don't be afraid to NOT heal as Lucio sometimes!

Also unrelated, this game runs SO smoothly. Like goddamn this poo poo runs better than WoW in certain places. I'm really impressed by how good this game looks

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
good morning

i took today off from work to play this fun game

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Good on you, Eonwe! The world could always use more heroes.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

You can have a load of fun flying around all over the place with Mercy. I have more time played with her than anyone else right now just because she's so good at zipping around and the healing she does is really fast.

Did notice a trend last night with Mercy players healing an already-full-health tank while I die right next to them though :(

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

HardDisk posted:

He drops grenades on death. So feature. The most hilarious one, I must add.

Welp

I admit to being owned

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I really wanna like Zarya, her shield is amazing but I kinda feel like she could use some buffs. Lower her self shield's cooldown, make her damage fade slower or something.

The worst thing about her is that her ult isn't a disable, which means enemies can do whatever they want after getting ulted. Reindhardts can keep their shields up, Lucios and Zenyattas can ult, Reapers can simply press shift and walk away from it... Also it doesn't even do anything to turret mode Bastions.

Elman fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 24, 2016

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

As much fun as Lucio is I still believe that Mercy is the best support for attack-defend maps. The others can lend support but Mercy can change the tide of the map singlehandedly. But then again I used to occasionally pub medic in TF2 so I am certifiably insane

Plus killing people with her pistol will never not be hilarious

E. Also, blowing into the middle of a clusterfuck and screaming "HEROES NEVER DIE" gets me rock hard

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Eonwe posted:

good morning

i took today off from work to play this fun game

I took Friday off so I could have a nice 4 day weekend of watching the overs