Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Hedrigall posted:

None of Mozart's, Liszt's, Debussy's or Saint-Saens's albums are anywhere near as good as Radiohead's catalogue, and those guys produced a LOT of albums!!

This work competes with any Radiohead album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLzOaUu4VrA

Skip to 3:11 if you don't like the instrumental interlude (i.e. if youre not a good person in any way)

AARO fucked around with this message at 13:51 on May 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!

AARO posted:

Piss off; lists are fun.

They're really not. They're the opposite of conversation. Write something about your favourite stuff, don't just list it.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
That was the first ranking list I've ever made. Never even occurred to me to make a list about something else. So it was new to me.

I kinda feel like you guys are acting like Wikipedia editors.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

AARO posted:

That was the first ranking list I've ever made. Never even occurred to me to make a list about something else. So it was new to me.

Yes, for some reason Radiohead does this to people.

Nonetheless lists are banned in the rules thread, and have been for a long time.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Hedrigall posted:

None of Mozart's, Liszt's, Debussy's or Saint-Saens's albums are anywhere near as good as Radiohead's catalogue, and those guys produced a LOT of albums!!

I know you're just having fun and being hyperbolic... but you do realize that at least two of those composers had such significant contributions to music theory that they demark certain eras in the western canon right?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Jewmanji posted:

I know you're just having fun and being hyperbolic... but you do realize that at least two of those composers had such significant contributions to music theory that they demark certain eras in the western canon right?

Yeah but on the other hand; kicking and squealing gucci little piggy

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
This guy makes pretty good lists at least, with the links and everything's numbered.

Do you do other lists now that youve got the bug? Best number of times to tap a doorknob before you open it?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

BigFactory posted:

This guy makes pretty good lists at least, with the links and everything's numbered.

Do you do other lists now that youve got the bug? Best number of times to tap a doorknob before you open it?

Best albums for the beach, best albums for the beach!!

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Sand Monster posted:

It's all about the mixtape when you're down at the shore. But Legend is up there for sure.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Sand Monster posted:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

What's better than lists? A link to last night's Radiohead show

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
If that's the same one I got from Dime its a pretty sweet tape as well - other than the AMSP songs (all but Glass Eyes, Tinker Tailer and True Love Waits) it has banging versions of a bunch of stuff - Talk Show Host, Lotus Flower, Seperator plus the new version of EEIRP that they now seem to be doing.

Actually makes me a lot sad that I won't be seeing them, although the only UK gigs they are doing are three in a 2000 capacity venue at the other end of the country, which is really annoying...

IceAgeComing fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 22, 2016

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

This is the same recording as what's on Dime and the Hub right now. Glass Eyes and True Love Waits are the only AMSP songs yet to be played. From what I've heard, this is the better of the two shows so far, both in the band's performance and the quality of the recording (although both shows are more than listenable).

Edit: Probably won't be able to see them on this tour, unless they add a bunch of US dates. I was spoiled with their In Rainbows and King of Limbs tours.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Blast Fantasto posted:

Yeah but on the other hand; kicking and squealing gucci little piggy

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Wow, Identikit is always evolving into something more and more stupendous.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

loving hell, Ful Stop is a furious whirlwind live. Sounds like I'm speeding through a dark tunnel to OBLIVION.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I'll be honest I like lists better than live track reactions. :confuoot:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'll be honest I like lists better than live track reactions. :confuoot:

Yeah. Unless it's people talking crap about the Gloaming. That's my poo poo right there

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

If you MUST all discuss lists why don't you rip apart RollingStone's fan poll of the best post-90's Radiohead songs?

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/readers-poll-the-10-best-post-1990s-radiohead-songs-20160518

6 tracks from In Rainbows... not enough!
Kid A and Amnesiac sorely under-represented

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

its a bad list because it doesn't have Life In A Glasshouse, the best Radiohead song, on it

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

Please enjoy this mashup of Lotus Flower + J-pop: https://soundcloud.com/raggadociob/uugirlvsradiohead

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
They played pyramid song and creep at the latest show.

I'm hyped

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Don't give a drat about Creep. Thom said it was for shock value. I bet it's everyone else's genuine favourite Radiohead song.

True Love Waits was played though..
And good old No Surprises

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 05:55 on May 24, 2016

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Creep is a good song.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It would be awesome to see it live

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Creep is ok. Not worth acknowledging Pablo Honey for.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

I'm not a huge fan; but I'd dig seeing it live since they do it so rarely. Especially if they perform it like they did last night, Thom actually tried which he sometimes doesn't for older songs

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
I had heard Creep a million times before, but I don't think its power had fully sunken in til I caught the performance clip on a rewatch of Meeting People is Easy earlier this year. God drat.

Also, general shout out to that film. It's really unique and cool and everyone should watch it.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I saw them play Creep in concert once. People clapped a lot and stuff.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

BigFactory posted:

I saw them play Creep in concert once. People clapped a lot and stuff.

Everyone raised their cellphones pretending they were lighters. Thom prefaced it by saying "We like this song now." And that's my Creep live performance story.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Ballz posted:

Everyone raised their cellphones pretending they were lighters. Thom prefaced it by saying "We like this song now." And that's my Creep live performance story.

People still used lighters when I saw them play it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

IceAgeComing posted:

I'm not a huge fan; but I'd dig seeing it live since they do it so rarely. Especially if they perform it like they did last night, Thom actually tried which he sometimes doesn't for older songs

Well, he's single now so he's basically a creep again.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

If they're gonna dig in to Pablo Honey for a song, I wish they'd go for one of the good ones (You or Blow Out... maybe Anyone Can Play Guitar).

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

I've seen Permanent Daylight played live. Was neat

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Earwicker posted:

Creep is a good song.

yeah it's a loving well written pop song. a good showcase for johnny and thom as well.

I still think Prince's cover is the definitive version but since he's dead I'll take Radiohead playing it once in a while.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Both are shite

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Can't get enough of Decks Dark. Would've been a great album opener with the fade in. Very similar to most of King of Limbs. Very chill. Very beach.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Radiohead is definitive Beach™

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Creep's poo poo, it's a white knight song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbNDfIUoJ0U

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 26, 2016