Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Begemot posted:

How do people in Jojolion even get stands.
I dunno, something about bite marks I think? Maybe fault lines?

Daiya wasn't legally blind until she played around where the Wall Eyes would be and then she got California King Bed, so man I dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the only bite marks that have been brought up were on people who were around the weird area where josuke was found, that being yasuho, joshuu, and gappy himself. daiya fell into a weird fault-line ditch and apparently wall eyes popped up later, and some people think that maybe wall eyes aren't exactly the cause but just tend to show up in weird places around town.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Something resembling teeth marks were also shown on Holly's brain scan if the wiki is correct, so the bite marks are probably solely related to the Wall Eyes, but there seems to be some latent power in Morioh if Daiya can get a Stand before the fact, I'm guessing that's related to the Corpse and Johnny's Act 4. Also aren't almost all of the Wall Eyes near the coast and at least face the sea? Their locations don't seem to be random.

Wall Eyes is a real good name for a weird supernatural structure btw.

e:
This is what the wiki calls teeth marks and like, I kinda see it, the pattern is in arc which sorta looks like a bite mark, but still looks more to be chunks missing.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 07:28 on May 24, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ehhhhhh i think that's stretching it a bit. it just looks like a random blob of missing chunks to me

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is what causes the stands not Jesus being inside the geography of Morioh?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i feel like it's all somehow connected. the corpse of jesus doing so much weird stand poo poo has to have something to do with morioh being all hosed up geographically and people getting stands just from going to certain places around the town, even if the corpse was brought back to america and the vault. the wall eyes still need to be explained, but they really feel like something araki will get to when he's drat well ready

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The Corpse gave a street in Morioh a Stand so yeah, it's probably at the core of all this, but yo these Wall Eyes are weird as hell

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The land near the Higashikata house has always had the power of Equivalent Exchange even before the Wall-Eyes presented themselves. Kyo only found out about it after the March 'quake though. I think one line even says 100's of years but I don't think that's going to turn out right.

The corpse was buried under what is now the lone pine by Johnny, which is where Josuke was formed and is next to the Higashikata house, though the corpse was returned to New York quickly after Johnny died. So basically, the corpse is almost definitely the cause of the equivalent exchange soil and the Wall Eyes are maybe something different, but probably akin to the Devil's Palms in a different form. It's probable though that the Wall-Eyes were made when Johnny first placed the corpse but were only just brought surface side in the quake.

The underground bunker in the Higashikata house links to that tree too. Josefumi grew the Rokakaka directly next to or on the most important place in Morioh as a means of hiding it.

Holly Joestar-Kira's brain probably isn't bite marks, the Kira family is said to have the same curse as the Higashikatas, but it doesn't necessarily mean it presents itself in the same way. It may just be that for her, parts of her brain have disappeared. She better show up again though, she's got a Stand and in her lucid moments, she seems to know a lot about what goes on.

Baal posted:

Little Jolyne being acknowledged by CC2 was the dumbest poo poo in Eyes of Heaven, please stop trying to advocate they acknowledge it in the anime, thanks.

I'm pretty sure it's said that Jolyne is actually really sick during Diamond is Unbreakable while Jotaro is hanging around in the country so it wouldn't make much sense even in established canon.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:55 on May 24, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm really sick

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Get well soon, friend Baal

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Can't believe Baal is dead and posting from beyond the grave.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My stand is the posting version of Civil War

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Can't believe Baal's Stand is killing him

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
*in baal voice* 「 Shake Your Bon-Bon」

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's a good stand name

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Remember that time Baal did the cigarette trick but with dog poos? Good times, good times.

I'll miss him.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I just started Stone Ocean. I did not expect a conversation about who can be Master of Their Domain in the first chapter :stare:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

gently caress Tom Cruise

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Kyo only found out about it after the March 'quake though. I think one line even says 100's of years

Josuke Higashikata posted:

So basically, the corpse is almost definitely the cause of the equivalent exchange soil
Araki might be prone to forgetting, but... Wouldn't it be more reasonable to assume that the equivalent exchange soil - which already played a part in the Higashikata's fruit business, the family curse, and maybe even SBR Norisuke Higashikata's two belly buttons - caused some part of the corpse to remain in Morioh even after it was recovered, rather than its brief presence retroactively creating the phenomenon?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I dunno, it could go either way and make equal amounts of sense honestly.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

i mean we never see what happens with the corpse at the end of the story about Johnny.

maybe those little leaf stands swapped The heads of Jesus and Johnny.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's generally easier to assume that the corpse had something to do with it considering that all of the previous part was Joshua bar Joseph's Corpse's Bizarre Adventure

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Looking forward to big Jee coming back to life to be the final villain of Part 9

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Fiend Computer posted:

i mean we never see what happens with the corpse at the end of the story about Johnny.

maybe those little leaf stands swapped The heads of Jesus and Johnny.

Oh man if the villain ends up being Jesus' head wearing Johnny's body...

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Baal posted:

Little Jolyne being acknowledged by CC2 was the dumbest poo poo in Eyes of Heaven, please stop trying to advocate they acknowledge it in the anime, thanks.

Yeah, THAT was the dumbest poo poo from eyes of heaven.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Superstring posted:

Oh man if the villain ends up being Jesus' head wearing Johnny's body...

the ref to part 3 that we need and deserve

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Save yourself however much money by just watching this webm of the inevitable best bit

http://puu.sh/p3DlB/fb47fea462.webm

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Josuke's the best JoJo

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Eyes of heaven demo is supposed to be out on PS4 today but I think certain game blogs jumped the trigger, should be on tonight atleast.

You can play as Jotaro, Kakyoin, Josuke and Okuyasu, it is a different demo than the Japanese one and there is a save file bonus if you complete it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Why is this the thing we're doing, translations?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

You would complain if it was just useless

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

Tradition.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

Waffleman_ posted:

I played this demo and it gave me firsthand knowledge that it's a clunky bad game with a story so stupid I'm not gonna want to play it with other people in the room, but I still enjoyed hitting the buttons to make my bros team up and punch bad guys in the face so I'm going to buy it anyway.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

You would complain if it was just useless

No I wouldn't because that's the translation of the word.

You know, the thing a translation is supposed to do.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
There is way more precedent for "muda" being kept than being translated, so this is like the last thing to get mad at NB for. Like I'm not saying that's how it SHOULD be, but there's like no reason to expect it anymore

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
I guess you could call it a catchphrase-22

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

StalkofWheat posted:

I guess you could call it a catchphrase-22

Not really, because the anime localizers translated it lol

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Baal posted:

Not really, because the anime localizers translated it lol

As they should have. Viz's TL NOTE: MUDA MEANS USELESS was shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Eyes of Heaven is still a bad game and it has a loving level up mechanic in the story mode, good lord.