Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

In Training posted:

I took out the disc for about a month when MGSV came out but after I got the plat it went back into the slot and hasn't left since

The only PS4 games I have physical copies of are inFamous Second Son (because it came with the system) and Bloodborne. So Bloodborne never leaves the slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.
i took bloodborne out once to watch The Big Boss with some friends but other than that, it never leaves.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

isn't it harmful to the disk to leave it in the ps4 (or any disk-based media player for that matter)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It doesn't matter for PS4 because it doesn't actually read anything off the disc

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I began to play this again. I was lost somewhere, but it was ok because it allowed me to retrain my skill. I died to an ogre because I forgot that light attack was a thing.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've been playing DS3 for the past month (well i haven't had time to game recently, but still), and my roomie puts fallout 4 into the console every now and again

this thread has made me want to jump back in w/ a STR/ARC build tho...

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Do pure arc

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

don't

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

STR/BLT and play with always transformed Wheel as a challenge run

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Wheel is STR/ARC, though. Or is the BLT part of the challenge?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought BLT boosts the spin charge bonus effect? Would be weird if that was arc scaling considering you're shredding your own arm in the wheel spokes to fuel your lust for the hunt

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Weirdly enough it's Arcane. It's actually one of the strongest Arcane weapons if you pump it full of flat Arcane gems or Nourishing gems.

Now that I think about it it'd be weirder if it was Bloodtinge. The Chikage is the only Bloodtinge trick weapon in the base game and it's Vileblood to the core. Logarius would never accept Vileblood methods.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
a wheel run might be fun... but i've never liked its moveset that much when i've tried it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Harrow posted:

Weirdly enough it's Arcane. It's actually one of the strongest Arcane weapons if you pump it full of flat Arcane gems or Nourishing gems.

Now that I think about it it'd be weirder if it was Bloodtinge. The Chikage is the only Bloodtinge trick weapon in the base game and it's Vileblood to the core. Logarius would never accept Vileblood methods.

Oh of course, Logarius wouldn't taint his weapons. But it's still doesn't jive with the animation to me. Not as extreme as the blood letter of course

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is the blood letter as epic as it looks? It's either that or church pick for my next run I think

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Eh the blood letter has a weird move set. I'd go with church pick.

I plus 10 the blood letter even :whitewater:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Is the blood letter as epic as it looks? It's either that or church pick for my next run I think

Its quute fun, its like a fast greathammer

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I like the church pick a lot more thoug lh. That thing is all business

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've heard so many good things about church pick but I've already done a lot of skill runs. Hmm...

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

no one should have to choose between the church pick and the bloodletter. theyre both great

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i thought the bloodletter was loving cool, though. i didnt bother with the untransformed 1h mode but the 2h is pure power

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hmmm what if I went SKL/BLT and enough STR to wield Bloodletter and used both. I assume the transformed mode is like Chikage where only your tinge affects the damage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is gonna be my PVP guy, btw, who I'll raise to a ridiculous level and try to get to NG+++ as necessary for the echoes.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Hmmm what if I went SKL/BLT and enough STR to wield Bloodletter and used both. I assume the transformed mode is like Chikage where only your tinge affects the damage

if you do STR/BLT you can use the big guns, but personally i went SKL/BLT the past two times and only put the minimum points into STR once i was deep enough into the DLC to get the bloodletter

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
25sk and 30-50bt, getting the skill first, is how i like to do bt.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

This is gonna be my PVP guy, btw, who I'll raise to a ridiculous level and try to get to NG+++ as necessary for the echoes.

You really get way more echoes from high chalices than from running new game cycles, if you like that kind of thinng

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

You really get way more echoes from high chalices than from running new game cycles, if you like that kind of thinng

every time I make a new character I think I'm gonna get into the chalices for real this time but I always kinda burn out on the early levels that I don't really like even though I know I really love the cursed/defiled/rotten challenge type ones. Maybe this time for real

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Planning a character is so much fun. There's not a whole lot f weapons left that I haven't used but I'm gonna cross off a few more with this run:

Start with skill (probably whip cane as my first weapon) and get the Rifle Spear from old Yharnham (one of the few vanilla weapons I've never used, along with the Reiterapallach)

Go directly to Ludwig after Amelia and summon through him to get early church pick
Play through rest solo until returning for end of DLC and Bloodletter
NG+ and chalices and PVP

Of the remaining weapons I haven't used its Amygdalan Arm, Beast Hunter saif, rakuyo and gehrmann scythe. I'll pick up the rakuyo here though and maybe use it in NG+

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

every time I make a new character I think I'm gonna get into the chalices for real this time but I always kinda burn out on the early levels that I don't really like even though I know I really love the cursed/defiled/rotten challenge type ones. Maybe this time for real

only like 100 merciless watchers and youre home free. haha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh I also haven't used the stake driver for much of a run but I've messed around with it enough to know that I don't really like the move set

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

you havent used the beasthunter saif yet?? oh man

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh man or the beast cutter or the boom hammer. I've still got a lot of Bloodborne left to play

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:
There are too many cool and fun weapons in this game. It's too good

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
church pick is after ludwig right? maybe i'll just run ng+ on an existing character and pretend it's new... i have a STR/ARC guy that's only ~lvl 80, so i could put another 40 levels into him to reach the meta.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

just think of something fun to make in the character creator and enjoy the new run, imho

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I like to do stuff like runs where im not allowed to lock on to anything etc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't made anything good in the creator in a while. I usually use one of my saved templates (classic granny, Morpheus or Brock lesnar)

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The amygdala arm is a sick weapon. It's one handed regardless of transformation but transforming it turns it into a hammer whip.

It tears apart crowds

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

next run is gonna be a cane/beast cutter whipfest, I just have to decide on the character. I'd go for Sailor Venus, but there really isnt much sporty clothing in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I really like ng runs where it's a mad dash to get your preplanned weapon as fast you can but I wish there were some cool and risky sequence breaks you can do.

What I mean is as cool as it is to bumrush content as fast as possible for rewards it's disappointing that it's literally impossible to 1v1 fight logarius, amelia, gascoigne etc in NG with like cainhurst weapons, claws, dlc weps etc =(