Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

I have the above and scroll of cleansing, dg 82 currently. Also have imp and bonecrusher. What's a good pick for my next scroll? I was thinking the construction one (currently 90).

Foreskin Problems fucked around with this message at 08:13 on May 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Foreskin Problems posted:

I have the above and scroll of cleansing, dg 82 currently. Also have imp and bonecrusher. What's a good pick for my next scroll? I was thinking the construction one (currently 90).

Scroll of life if you plan on doing any kinds of farming ever

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
so uh, don't use a pedal or anything to click harps in priff. I just got whacked with a temp ban for "macroing" (I assume) because my mouse didn't move for a few hours.

best part is they won't let me appeal it, because I'm a Dirty Macroer!!!

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
But their antibot system is completely infallible, of course you must be macroing. loving dumb.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
Re-subbed to members after only being subbed for like a month in December of 2014 I think. Before that I had only played F2P from like 2005-2007 or 2008 when I was in middle school.

Right now I'm just poopsocking Runecrafting because it's something easy to do while I read wiki articles and catch up on what's new.

Is there a recommended list of quests/things I should knock out first? I know I did a few during that month I was a member including whichever one got my a wicked hood.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Dubstep Jesus posted:

Re-subbed to members after only being subbed for like a month in December of 2014 I think. Before that I had only played F2P from like 2005-2007 or 2008 when I was in middle school.

Right now I'm just poopsocking Runecrafting because it's something easy to do while I read wiki articles and catch up on what's new.

Is there a recommended list of quests/things I should knock out first? I know I did a few during that month I was a member including whichever one got my a wicked hood.

Options -> Audio -> enable all audio (esp. voice acting)

go do "Let them eat pie"

Otherwise there's this handy checklist: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Members#Recommended_members_quests

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Does anyone have a video series or write up on dungeoneering? I recently re-activated my old main from a few years ago and it must have been right when it was released because I currently have 24 dg. But, I don't remember anything about how the skill works other than it's in dungeons and you can't bring stuff in. I tried reading the wikia but it's talking about all these strats for small or large rooms and prestige levels and I just have no idea what any of that means. So, if there's a good youtube series or something that will explain it that would be great

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
You only got a temp ban for "botting"? drat, I got my main perma banned for botting a few years ago. :p

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
Hey, I was also banned for botting in 2013, and I've filed an appeal then. I still haven't been unbanned yet, should I write off my account forever or is there some other way to get Jagex to take a look at unbanning again? Sometimes I just want to re-live the nostalgia of my old account (filled with holiday items).

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What's new if I haven't played for about a year? Whenever I come back to this game there's a bunch of updates

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Invention Skill. Allows you to attach stuff to your weapons and level them up.

God Wars Dungeon 2. The entrance is in the desert by that agility pyramid.

Those are two main recent updates I can think of.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Justin Time! posted:

Hey, I was also banned for botting in 2013, and I've filed an appeal then. I still haven't been unbanned yet, should I write off my account forever or is there some other way to get Jagex to take a look at unbanning again? Sometimes I just want to re-live the nostalgia of my old account (filled with holiday items).

I'm pretty sure posting on reddit about it is the best way to get unbanned

No I'm not joking :(

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

At this point is it worth trying to go from 32-80 Dung solo for Chaotics, or should I just start grinding from 80-90 Attack (I'll probably do it and Slayer at the same time) for Drygore?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
So is there any way I can appeal this sucessfully?

http://i.imgur.com/95dE9Ri.png

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Very unlikely. Jagex's stance on macroing, no matter the situation, is "We will ban you and we will not undo it. Thanks, have a nice day."

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Heads up. This will start midday Friday game time.

Weekend 3: Bossing & Slayer
20–23 May 2016

* Charm drops give one more charm than normal.
* 50% increased base slayer experience.
* Double points from regular and group slayer assignments.
* Over the period of the weekend, all assigned Slayer tasks are treated as using a Slayer VIP ticket.
* 10% cheaper instance fees
* Extra training points from Boss Training.
* You get to choose your Boss Slayer assignments over the weekend.

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
All of those things are awesome additions to how much money I'm making with slayer right now, can't wait.

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
After all of this time, I finally made an accidental double post.

Professor Oak fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 20, 2016

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
drat, because I might want to get back into Runescape but I wouldn't know where to start and I can't just do f2p again even if I haven't played since I got banned in 2013.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

lucifirius posted:

drat, because I might want to get back into Runescape but I wouldn't know where to start and I can't just do f2p again even if I haven't played since I got banned in 2013.

Honestly it's easier to start a new character again than ever, with all the changes to low level and mid level skilling. Plus the new tutorial stuff and the achievement diaries provide a good means of direction for where to start. Might as well buy a month and see what you can do.

Surmoon
Jun 6, 2008

fishmech posted:

Honestly it's easier to start a new character again than ever, with all the changes to low level and mid level skilling. Plus the new tutorial stuff and the achievement diaries provide a good means of direction for where to start. Might as well buy a month and see what you can do.

This is very true. I made an ironman account last summer and got to 1300 skill total in about a month, playing pretty casually.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How do you manage ironman when rune gear takes 90 smithing? Seems like having the gear to do anything would be awful.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Robo Reagan posted:

How do you manage ironman when rune gear takes 90 smithing? Seems like having the gear to do anything would be awful.

Monster drops?

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah you can get rune items starting from, like, lesser demons. NPC stores are still a thing, too. Really, the smithing rework has been needed even since classic.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh right, forgot rune drops everywhere now

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Has anyone else noticed that logging into the game is a lot faster on NXT, especially around daily reset time? Because I have

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

fishmech posted:

Has anyone else noticed that logging into the game is a lot faster on NXT, especially around daily reset time? Because I have

I'm getting a lot of bugs with NXT.

I can't complete Rune Mechanics because the game freezes anytime I try to do the portal room puzzle.

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!
alching drops at Dark Beasts to get 60 invention so I can siphon my T90s

2 days spent mostly afk. disassembling black salamanders and whatever T70/75 gear I had in my bank - karil's/akrisae's top and one armadyl chestplate and ganodermic leggings. Probably broke even before costs of augmentors I guess

--

New best item for powerful components (which previously cost me 15-25k each using tireless run scrolls) - White Knight Staff.

I got White Knight Master (max rank) in 30 minutes cannon/maging Elite Black Knights in the Black Knight Fortress (must have at least started While Guthix Sleeps) - as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdqCDhG4lK8. Even got some loot!

After that you unlock the entire White Knight shop, which offers some of the most cost efficient dissassembly items for invention. Only downside is small stock.

LemonyTang fucked around with this message at 12:55 on May 22, 2016

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Is Pest Control dead for RS3/EOC? All of the PC groups seem to be for OSRS servers now.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Dvsilverwing posted:

Is Pest Control dead for RS3/EOC? All of the PC groups seem to be for OSRS servers now.

I think there's a world or two that's active in american times, but most minigames (except CW) are dead when they're not on spotlight.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

As soon as possible after reset is the only time dead content like pest control even gets thought about. Took me I think a week to finally finish a game for a quest requirement years ago. Good luck.

The Throwback Kid
May 19, 2013

Dvsilverwing posted:

Next weekend they are doing double points for PC so it should be pretty active then. Its not worth doing for combat XP anymore just farm the top tier elite void gear and be done forever.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
New quest came out a few hours ago and one of the rewards is it adds a new barrows sister! She has 160k hp and has a chance to reflect the full damage you hit on her back at you and you cant skip her with barrows amulets. Granted her armor is t80 but that set effect is pretty useless considering 95% of all the rs bosses where you would want to use the armor are immune to reflect...

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

allta posted:

New quest came out a few hours ago and one of the rewards is it adds a new barrows sister! She has 160k hp and has a chance to reflect the full damage you hit on her back at you and you cant skip her with barrows amulets. Granted her armor is t80 but that set effect is pretty useless considering 95% of all the rs bosses where you would want to use the armor are immune to reflect...

At least the quest was cool. The Ahrim segment was dumb, but the rest was fun and the lore was interesting as hell.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

What emote is this? Dude is leaning on the wall looking at his hand every few seconds and it looks sustained. It'd be nice for thaler idling.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

What emote is this? Dude is leaning on the wall looking at his hand every few seconds and it looks sustained. It'd be nice for thaler idling.

Inside the wall there's a golden cane you can win on Treasure Hunter. It's the idle animation for this thing.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ah, alright. Anyway, would Jagex get mad at this?

quote:

function OnEvent (event, arg)
if (event == "G_PRESSED" and arg == 19) then
PressMouseButton(3);
end
if (event == "G_RELEASED" and arg == 19) then
PressAndReleaseMouseButton(1)
ReleaseMouseButton(3);
end
end

Basically it's so I can hold down a button for right click, and release for left click so I have one less click when using items or pickpocketing or something. Figure it's worth asking since no other games would really care but Jagex is hella anal about their mouse clicks.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I think the policy is one click = one action, and going beyond that is near-instant ban if caught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Just use your mouse like a regular autist like God and Jagex intended