Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
The Air Force Song is definitely better than the other branches' respective jingles. Unless we're counting the true Navy theme song as sung by The Village People.

Edit: about to leave Diego Garcia for another tour at Elmo. It's been grand, and I look forward to the crippling alcoholism and divorce my beach stay gave me to remember it. My going away currently consists of:

- Several coolers of beer and liquor
- A ton of homemade Filipino food
- A live band
- Slip-n-slide jury rigged from tarps and dish soap
- 10 pounds of Holi powder to paste folks with after the slip-n-slide
- A carton of cigarettes
- A pack of magnums

If it's going to be my last Saturday here, it's gonna be the stupidest Saturday ever. I look forward to telling you guys about my pending SARC complaints next week.

Wild T fucked around with this message at 02:26 on May 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Remember when we hung out at the porch at Pete's place in 2012? That was neat.

Congrats/condolences on your divorce.

Are the magnums for the giant strap on you take with you? Being pegged is awesome, after all.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 19, 2016

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
After fourteen years I can barely feel it unless it makes it into my large intestine

More congrats, since I'm almost guaranteed to get the kids and gonna be single daddin' it at Elmo.

Wild T fucked around with this message at 09:35 on May 20, 2016

Winterfresh
Sep 11, 2004

Pro.
Probable murder of a 20 year-old Japanese woman by a former Marine on Okinawa. Ditched the body in the woods. gently caress this gay earth.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

Everyone in Japan had better just close the shutters, because here comes another shitstorm.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Caused by a Marine.

Again. :cripes:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Caused by a Marine.

I'm so loving glad I didn't re-up and go to Okinawa like they were offering. They sold the "seeing the world" poo poo, but I kept hearing about rape related lockdowns

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Okinawa was cool but it was ruined by idiots.

I remember walking off base on a Saturday night and some drunk rear end in a top hat was just yelling loving japs at locals. I was embarrassed to be of the same nationality (more so than usual).

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Okinawa was cool but it was ruined by idiots.

I remember walking off base on a Saturday night and some drunk rear end in a top hat was just yelling loving japs at locals. I was embarrassed to be of the same nationality (more so than usual).

I actually had one SSgt from some admin office try to sell me on the Japanese pussy aspect of it, but I literally said, because I thought I was hilarious "If I wanted sideways pussy I'd just take the slam tour over to UC Irvine and hang a Louis Vuitton on my ballsack"

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

I'm so loving glad I didn't re-up and go to Okinawa like they were offering. They sold the "seeing the world" poo poo, but I kept hearing about rape related lockdowns

You only see the world if you go to Europe.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Ughh. I liked the food and culture it was genuinely interesting to me to have exposure to foreign culture. Then again as an Air Force brat I spent 6 years of my childhood in USAFE with parents who took advantage of it. We took weekend trips about every month to Prague, Rome, etc.

I never understood the people who just sat around the smokepit, drank lovely beer and complained about Japan. They never actually saw the place. I guess my biggest regret of my time there is that I didn't cultivate friendships with locals.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
Can someone tell the Marines we're no longer at war with Japan?

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Ah Marines ruining things. Reminds me of the curfew and lockdown we had at Osan when an Army guy saw "his" juicy hanging around with another guy at a bar (also known as "doing her job") and decided stabbing her 8-9 times in an alley after work would suffice as punishment for her betrayal.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

The best thing about yokota is that there aren't any marines to ruin it

That and its proximity to Tokyo

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Marines are the worst thing about the Marine Corps.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Maybe they should stop assigning rapists to the same base

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Buca di Bepis posted:

Maybe they should stop assigning rapists to the same base

If only they had SAPR down days, first line supervisor training, and CBTs.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

What is it with people loving things up in Japan? Five years in USAFE, and we never had a lockdown for bad behavior.

I mean, I know the easy answer is "lol Marines," but there's got to be more than just that.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Arc Light posted:

What is it with people loving things up in Japan? Five years in USAFE, and we never had a lockdown for bad behavior.

I mean, I know the easy answer is "lol Marines," but there's got to be more than just that.

As a (thank loving God)former Marine, I can promise you, the answer is "lol Marines". Oki is mostly POGs, and the ones who hate themselves for not being combat arms go loving nuts

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Arc Light posted:

There really isn't. You have no idea how barbaric and uncivilized they are.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Anyone have any must-visits for Hickam?

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

While I've been deployed to Moron AB in Spain (as AF) off and on over the last 3 years, I've seen the Marines there banned from the shuttle buses to Moron and Sevilla because they couldn't stop puking on them. So they started charted buses for the Marines to take them into town. That stopped when they were restricted to base after climbing onto rooftops in Sevilla and ripping AC units off buildings and throwing them into the street. Of course being restricted to base didn't stop these courageous warrior leaders. They simply started a riot at the base club resulting in a base wide Marine lock down. Local leadership was wise enough to isolate punishment to the Marines.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Caused by a Marine.

Here's a good analogy. Pitt Bulls aren't bad dogs, but lovely people sure are attracted to owning Pitt Bulls.

Edit: When we went to Ramstein a couple years ago there were a ton of people who never got further off base than The Blarney Stone in Landstuhl. Paid trip to Germany and you're gonna spend it in some stupid dive mostly populated by stupid Americans?!

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 20, 2016

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

Here's a good analogy. Pitt Bulls aren't bad dogs, but lovely people sure are attracted to owning Pitt Bulls.

Edit: When we went to Ramstein a couple years ago there were a ton of people who never got further off base than The Blarney Stone in Landstuhl. Paid trip to Germany and you're gonna spend it in some stupid dive mostly populated by stupid Americans?!

That was right there by EuorpaCar and Big Emmas, wasn't it?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It was right on the main drag. I was only in their twice. The food was alright. The second time was supposed to be to bring a guy back so he didn't have to pay for a cab, which turned into an hour of listening to white trash karaoke because he wasn't done drinking yet.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Casimir Radon posted:

white trash karaoke

But you repeat yourself.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Two different groups of drunk girls sang If He Cheats within the hour I was there.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Landstuhl bars are to Ramstein as bar row was to Yokota, which is to say they are the sump which collects the undesirable so they don't make it any further through the area. Thanks for existing, lovely bar row area!

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Arc Light posted:

My pet theory is that the Polizei are much better at projecting an image of "we will re-size your face holes if you gently caress around" than the Prefectural Police. Though "lol Marines" could also be due to how they skew much younger as a service than the other three.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Air Force caved on Course 14/15 deadlines. Airmen who bust the 12 month completion deadline will still have until 2017 to complete the courses before they're in danger of losing a line/being denied reenlistment.

I was legit hoping to see what would happen what more than half the enrolled NCOs busted their suspense.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

We'll see what the wing commanders have to say about that.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Yeah I have a bunch of dummies in my areas that are super happy and excited about the extension. All I know is come November most of them are going to be in the same predicament as they are now.
Just proves the AF screwed up royally with Course 15 or your average NCO is just a functioning retard, probably a combo of both in all actuality.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I know for a fact that Course 3 isn't that hard but they still had to lower the pass rate to 65%. I only studied that thing when taking a poo poo.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Arc Light posted:

Air Force caved on Course 14/15 deadlines. Airmen who bust the 12 month completion deadline will still have until 2017 to complete the courses before they're in danger of losing a line/being denied reenlistment.

I was legit hoping to see what would happen what more than half the enrolled NCOs busted their suspense.

You still might see it happen in some of the more "blue" wings. The WG/CC has full authority in those matters and they've already proven they'll ignore the CSAF when it comes to setting differentiators.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Edit: Disregard I found out the info I needed.

Rythe fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 24, 2016

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Godholio posted:

You still might see it happen in some of the more "blue" wings. The WG/CC has full authority in those matters and they've already proven they'll ignore the CSAF when it comes to setting differentiators.

That 60th OG list made me want to kill myself out of embarrassment. Made awesome cooler gossip though.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.
Looks like I might be going TAD to Al Udeid CAOC for a month while on deployment. I'm a Navy officer.

Any tips and tricks and things to take advantage of? I've never operated in an Air Force environment before.

Are trips outside the base allowed?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Howard Phillips posted:

Looks like I might be going TAD to Al Udeid CAOC for a month while on deployment. I'm a Navy officer.

Any tips and tricks and things to take advantage of? I've never operated in an Air Force environment before.

Yes. There is paperwork you have to fill out and one or two briefings you need to attend, but I know people in our deployment went on one day trips downtown.

Naturally, its at the discretion of your commander.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Howard Phillips posted:

only if you're arranging "business deals" to bring more ships to port

for real though downtown qatar is kind of a nightmare for anyone capable of perceiving what a country with too much money and literal slavery would look like, but the souqs are nice at least and there's some good waterfront restaurants. Plus near the base is a big "migrant worker" area and there's some excellent cheap food available. Don't go to the waterpark, if it's even allowed. Take full advantage of nobody knowing what you do by telling people what you want them to do. Usually they'll do it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Howard Phillips posted:

I guessed your avatar to be HP Lovecraft before I GIS'd it to make sure.

:feelsgood:

Also, a co-worker I sort of don't care for made MSgt. What's the feeling you get when someone you don't think should get something gets it? I wouldn't call it jealousy yet because I'm not eligible to test for master until next year, but it's definitely something. I worry for any future troops because she has the mentality of blanket punishments are good for sections, folks who are separated for PT failures shouldn't get honorables, and other kinds of broad strokes to paint a whole picture way of thinking.

e: It's depression. It's depression, isn't it?

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 26, 2016

• Locked thread