Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Ometeotl posted:

Outside of Rocket League, has this been true once in the past couple years?

a quick glance and contact with my sources suggests yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am a real memer, I say what I meme and meme what I say.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Noooooooooooooo

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
http://store.steampowered.com/app/411830/

A sign of the end times?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Eugh

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

"Non-PC" is a selling point? I'm honestly a little impressed how transparent the description is

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's because by this point everyone already knows the gameplay sucks so they're really pushing the only thing they have left, the anime titty.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I thought all anime was good?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Non-PC? It's gotta be PC or how would my machine run it :confused:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I thought that those games were actually supposed to be pretty good if you can get passed the embarrassing tittays. I don't know for sure because despite liking the genre even when it's mediocre, it was just too embarrassing.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

VideoGames posted:

No, all anime is still blood. But like different levels of blood. There's a gradient. I'm sure XSEED and Tamsoft never had to worry about getting their edgelord and MRA dollars, though. The "Non-PC" marketing is just a layer of icing.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

VideoGames posted:

It's like Animal Farm, some anime are better than others.

Like how Cowboy Bebop and Lupin the 3rd are better than an anime game so bad they have to cater to Internet edgelords.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

axleblaze posted:

I thought that those games were actually supposed to be pretty good if you can get passed the embarrassing tittays. I don't know for sure because despite liking the genre even when it's mediocre, it was just too embarrassing.

This, too. This game was perfect for the 3DS because you can't play it on the big TV in mom's living room.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

VideoGames posted:

Believe it or not, there's actually something to this: Senran Kagura is part of a long-standing tradition among anime fans and artists, where small groups will get together and collaborate on a single project using all of their individual learned talents and skills, and instead of making something good they make shameless trash instead

edit: vvv the one thing you can say about the people that make senran kagura is that they don't pretend it's anything else except in that tongue in cheek way, and I say points to them for that but also the game sucks so really how many points do they deserve

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 24, 2016

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

"Non-PC" is a selling point? I'm honestly a little impressed how transparent the description is

See when they say "Non-PC" it has this air of "heh gently caress you people that would take away my drat anime titties! I HATE YOU SO MUCH ANITA SARRKIZZIANN! THE NEW GHOSTBUSTERRGGHSHSHH" and that is not great

I kinda wish they were just like "no lie this game is full of bigass anime titties and you know that's why you're buying it man so we really packed it super full of anime titties; you'll barely believe it until you see it"

I believe it is a subtle but meaningful distinction in this crazy world of big anime boob games

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
The creator of Senran Kagura is very passionate about anime titties, and while I'll probably never play one of the games, I admire his honesty in not shying away from his love and appreciation of anime boobs

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

it's probably gonna outsell the last few falcom games that xseed published. :whitewater:

Motto fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 24, 2016

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
i thought they were saying that it's been console-only before and now it's on pc for the first time, whatever this series is.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The internet was a mistake

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Zaphod42 posted:

The internet was a mistake

but enough about your posting

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

deadly_pudding posted:

No, all anime is still blood. But like different levels of blood. There's a gradient. I'm sure XSEED and Tamsoft never had to worry about getting their edgelord and MRA dollars, though. The "Non-PC" marketing is just a layer of icing.

hahahahaaba lol yes anime is blood the maymays

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

corn in the bible posted:

hahahahaaba lol yes anime is blood the maymays

I come here bitching about the 2D tiddy as a person with a Crunchyroll account, so

it's maybe a touch self-deprecating.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium should have posted:

psn: welcome, gamer. the following a+ titles are 10% off. also everything you bought last month is 80% off now haha loser

steam: sale time! here are a hundred indie games you didn't want, for you to buy with pennies of money you didn't earn, from trading cards you also didn't want

Also I just saw someone streaming this shopkeeper game last night and it looks pretty rad, though a bit rough around the edges
http://store.steampowered.com/app/381120/

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

can't wait for affordable VR

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

The creator of Senran Kagura is very passionate about anime titties, and while I'll probably never play one of the games, I admire his honesty in not shying away from his love and appreciation of anime boobs

TITS ARE LIFE, rear end IS HOMETOWN!!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I don't even know what is supposed to be bad about Alpha Protocol besides this stealth but I assumed that was because I upgraded it literally not at all and put all my points into martial arts and endurance. Hell yes rushing into every situation in a rage and karate punching everyone into unconsciousness.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

FanaticalMilk posted:

TITS ARE LIFE, rear end IS HOMETOWN!!

This. What has Dark Tits_Anime been up to these days

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

I don't even know what is supposed to be bad about Alpha Protocol besides this stealth but I assumed that was because I upgraded it literally not at all and put all my points into martial arts and endurance. Hell yes rushing into every situation in a rage and karate punching everyone into unconsciousness.
Bosses aren't great, some of the levels have issues - you can screw yourself in Rome if you don't have martial arts, for instance. The game's weakest part is Afghanistan, so it gets off to a poor start. The stealth is a huge part of the game but doesn't have the depth of the MGS games. Even though it came out around MGS4, there are a lot of things that even MGS1 did better, and it's hard to avoid the comparison.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The shooting is also just plain not very fun. The "hold your crosshair over enemies for more accuracy" thing was a cool idea but it should've been way faster.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Today in videogames I've been trying to beat Dark Souls 1 without dying as a fun personal challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3EVMF8NXKw

It's not going well

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

codenameFANGIO posted:

I was reading some article on Siliconera and I discovered him in the comments talking about anime tits. The internet is smaller than you'd think.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Bosses aren't great, some of the levels have issues - you can screw yourself in Rome if you don't have martial arts, for instance. The game's weakest part is Afghanistan, so it gets off to a poor start. The stealth is a huge part of the game but doesn't have the depth of the MGS games. Even though it came out around MGS4, there are a lot of things that even MGS1 did better, and it's hard to avoid the comparison.

I can see the stealth and boss complaints, though I guess my endurance/martial arts/shotgun build seems to have negated most of these problems. I beat the Taipei boss by blowing away his armor and hammering on the karate button, for example. And I figure any stealth game will suffer in comparison to Metal Gear. I guess I'm glad I haven't played that before this. I guess I'll do Metal Gear next.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

The shooting is also just plain not very fun. The "hold your crosshair over enemies for more accuracy" thing was a cool idea but it should've been way faster.

Shotgun -> knock dudes on rear end with critical hits -> stomp trumps that mechanic easily anyway

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

I can see the stealth and boss complaints, though I guess my endurance/martial arts/shotgun build seems to have negated most of these problems. I beat the Taipei boss by blowing away his armor and hammering on the karate button, for example. And I figure any stealth game will suffer in comparison to Metal Gear. I guess I'm glad I haven't played that before this. I guess I'll do Metal Gear next.
Everyone's going to tell you to play a particular MG game, but honestly: play them all in order. Everyone has different favorites.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm about to start the second leg of my minny trip, a Baltimore to Chicago bus that lasts 16 hours

I'll be playing Boxboy and Etrian Odyssey Untold!!!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

codenameFANGIO posted:

still moping about the lack of representation for muscle woman

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah the shooting isn't great and the first time I played I went Pistols and Stealth which is a stupidly easy way to play. Max stealth tree gives you near infinite invisibility that triggers if somebody sees you and Max pistols lets you pause the game and line up 8 headshots. It's a little ridiculous.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CJacobs posted:

Today in videogames I've been trying to beat Dark Souls 1 without dying as a fun personal challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3EVMF8NXKw

It's not going well

Lol, I knew it was going to be a ledge death

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zaphod42 posted:

Lol, I knew it was going to be a ledge death

Keeping your feet on solid ground is the hardest thing about dark souls

In Training posted:

Yeah the shooting isn't great and the first time I played I went Pistols and Stealth which is a stupidly easy way to play. Max stealth tree gives you near infinite invisibility that triggers if somebody sees you and Max pistols lets you pause the game and line up 8 headshots. It's a little ridiculous.

I defeated every boss in the game on my first playthrough by chaining 8 headshots in a row on them. As a result it was way less of a slog, but I also only heard like 5 seconds of Turn Up The Radio by Autograph and that was a major downside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Keeping your feet on solid ground is the hardest thing about dark souls

I defeated every boss in the game on my first playthrough by chaining 8 headshots in a row on them. As a result it was way less of a slog, but I also only heard like 5 seconds of Turn Up The Radio by Autograph and that was a major downside.

I misread this at first and thought you were upset you heard the song at all and I was really mad for like ten seconds.

• Locked thread