Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
I suicide into junkrats ult as mercy to save my team every time.

it's never once been intentional :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.
This game works on a steam link but there's a noticeable input latency, not ideal but figured someone would want to know.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I saved my team from a 5 person kill on the point by shooting the tire.

Give it a whirl sometime!

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Shadalator posted:

What are some awesome spots for Tolberones turrets? I know the moving environnents are good, any other primo tips? I like getting a boost from Mei at Temple Cap B. Got the chopper skin for him, so need to know this stuff.

Nepal - Sanctum: Any corner around the room is good.
Nepal - Shrine: Behind the pillar to the side of the shrine (the raised area between the two rooms)
Gibraltar Defense: There's a small spot on the tarp infront-and-above of the cart when defending Gibralter you can pop a turret on. You can put turrets up in the walkways of Hanger 18 (where the ship is) which can be quite effective.
King's Row Defense: Right behind the wall in-front of the attacker's spawn, or up high if Mei can help you get there.
Volskaya: Above both points, on either side can work wonders.

Volskaya & Route 66: Yea, using the moving platforms is good, and if you start far enough back you can continually send level-2 turrets their way. Even level 1 turrets over and over can be useful, especially when you're in a spot they can't get you.

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
Symmetra is the best.

I love placing nests right before health pick ups near objectives and watching the kills rack up

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

Thanks for being so zenyatta guys. Maybe now I can be the zenyatta I have always dreamed of being!

funny story, I was uploading a video to youtube last night and my internet only has like 1.8 upload on a good day so I was rubberbanding all over the goddamn place and the lag was atrocious

but i played a couple games anyway and the only hero that i could actually still function with was zenyatta. still got several kills and heal cards at the end of game. and we won both. :shobon:

edit: also heres the video if anyone cares. i killed the same bastion twice. *triggered*

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

If you have no idea how to play Symmetra and are interested, the next time you're defending Hanamura go place your turrets behind the big, open door. Keep popping out from around the door to shoot charged-up M2's. Prepare to dominate.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Firstborn posted:

It sucks to be killed by D.Va's ult when I'm not even on the same axis or even near it. I look up on that one city level and see it exploding on a ledge 200 ft. away and still die.

E: I'm not calling for nerfs or anything but the visual range could be a little more clear.

If you can see the mech itself, it will kill you. The range is incredibly huge. Always break LOS, never expect to be far enough away.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
twitch community tournament starting in a few minutes @ https://www.twitch.tv/playoverwatch

if you'd rather watch from a player perspective and hear team calls + not have commentary you can watch from moonmoon's perspective here https://www.twitch.tv/moonmoon_ow

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
My problem with Junkrat isn't actually his ult, it's how he shits out damage from odd angles and if you try to get close and smoke him out he just blows you the gently caress up for your trouble. It doesn't happen all the time but whenever I run into a really good Junkrat I end up feeling like "oh god this guy is just raining death on my team and I have no idea how to stop him" and it's kind of a nightmare.

I also really wish Roadhog's hook combo was more consistent and that you had to get a little bit closer before it was a guaranteed kill. It's really frustrating getting hooked from what feels like really far away but having no idea if you'll be able to respond before he murders you or not.

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 24, 2016

Big L
Oct 30, 2005

Fedora Emelianenko
RE: Junkrat's tire

A cool way I've dealt with it as Roadhog was straight up hooking and shooting it. I don't think the tire was actually "stunned" but it never blew up. Probably the Junkrat was just too slow to detonate it.

If you play as Mei or Reaper, you can (should?) actually seek out the tire to bait it out and Ice Block / Ghost away just before it blows up, potentially saving your team with no danger to yourself.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Works just fine in other games, and helps you learn other heroes instead of only being widowmaker and making sicc headshots. Plus it means fighting more varied opponents rather then and endless stream of mcrees, widowmakers, reapers, bastions, and dwarfs.

If you can't beat a bastion reinhardt and mercy then im not sure how you will be able to adjust your team to handle dumb gimmick comps.

The point was that is specific to Anubis as the attackers have only 1 path they must go through in some manner, and 5 dwarfs can turn it into a shooting gallery while not being at risk of being sniped, reapered, or genji'd. It negates all fo the normal counters since you cannot outrange them, cannot get behind or flank them, and cannot adequately reflect back damage from 10 directions.

This is a troll, right? I don't think anyone is this dense.

Let's just ignore the guy calling dwarf stacks op.

e. also contradicting.

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

Atoramos posted:

If you have no idea how to play Symmetra and are interested, the next time you're defending Hanamura go place your turrets behind the big, open door. Keep popping out from around the door to shoot charged-up M2's. Prepare to dominate.

This is exactly what I did, three on the open door, and two on the backs of the pagodas, charges straight down the hallways.... 11 kill streak

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

This is a troll, right? I don't think anyone is this dense.

Let's just ignore the guy calling dwarf stacks op.

e. also contradicting.

he plays on ps4, don't be mean

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Mortimer posted:

he plays on ps4, don't be mean

Why would you do this to yourself? I'm so sorry. :smith:

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

If you're trying to play Torb on Hanamura A defense, put a turret right here (it's the overpass that's right above the door leading into the courtyard of A defense)

It's sort of difficult for the enemy to get past the choke unless you swing hard right or left and the turret has vision the entire courtyard and parts of the point itself.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

twitch community tournament starting in a few minutes @ https://www.twitch.tv/playoverwatch

if you'd rather watch from a player perspective and hear team calls + not have commentary you can watch from moonmoon's perspective here https://www.twitch.tv/moonmoon_ow

these aren't pros are they? they're not very good haha

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Knifegrab posted:

Please someone tell me how to play Zenyatta so I don't feel so ineffective. Plz no comedy option "pick a better support"

i'm sorry but that's unironically the answer.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mortimer posted:

none of them are literal sponsored players, and only a handful are "plays with actual good people regularly", i think most are twitch personalities?

e: moonmoon and poke are probably the only players i'd call pretty good

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

Tiggs posted:

If you're trying to play Torb on Hanamura A defense, put a turret right here (it's the overpass that's right above the door leading into the courtyard of A defense)

It's sort of difficult for the enemy to get past the choke unless you swing hard right or left and the turret has vision the entire courtyard and parts of the point itself.

Trying him out, thanks for the heads up!

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Just had 9 sentry turret kills with Symmetra. Her beam gun also does more damage the more time it's connected. She's pretty fun.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
So I was having a lot of issues trying to get my mouse the way I like it, coming from CS:GO I really didn't understand how their in game settings worked but this video really helped out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOelMb_VYGE

And the tool if you don't want to watch a nearly 5min video:

https://jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

I would also highly recommend using this reg fix:

http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.ca/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

Changing your in windows settings is also a must do:

I highlighted the settings you should change to match.

Szcwczuk fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 24, 2016

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

Mortimer posted:

I didn't want to be an rear end in a top hat so I wasn't saying anything, but I was wondering this too. :v: The defending Mercy was really... not very good.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Shadalator posted:

What are some awesome spots for Tolberones turrets? I know the moving environnents are good, any other primo tips? I like getting a boost from Mei at Temple Cap B. Got the chopper skin for him, so need to know this stuff.

If I could actually remember any map names I would help you. Basically place them at hard turns/points that people cant snipe them from far away. If you wipe a team think about moving the turret so they cant just blindfire kill it on the next rush. If you are annoying the other team will put more effort into you.

You need to stand nearish it and shoot with it, I get alot of the kills with the shotgun.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Tiggs posted:

Is there a site with these maps on it? Because this is pretty nice.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Emalde posted:

I suicide into junkrats ult as mercy to save my team every time.

it's never once been intentional :negative:

My favorite zenyatta play was hearing the rip tire come in through the right side door defending hanamura B, ulting, and bodyblocking it preserving the team defense with 90 seconds to go.

Its the only time I've used zen's ult worth a second squirt of piss :(

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Dietrich posted:

Is there a site with these maps on it? Because this is pretty nice.

http://www.furiouspaul.com/overwatch/

(scroll down to Map Guides)

((they aren't all done yet))

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Zenyatta rules but especially against teams with more than one tank on them. I love soloing some Winston multiple times because he doesn't realize the amount of damage he is taking.

Try playing him almost like a ranged offensive hero instead of following people around giving them your balls. He is super fun.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Just woke up and checked the thread- 500 new posts overnight. Egads.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Willie Tomg posted:

My favorite zenyatta play was hearing the rip tire come in through the right side door defending hanamura B, ulting, and bodyblocking it preserving the team defense with 90 seconds to go.

Its the only time I've used zen's ult worth a second squirt of piss :(

i wonder if you can bodyblock most ults like this

like high noon would be interesting to see

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Chewbot posted:

Just woke up and checked the thread- 500 new posts overnight. Egads.

These threads are why "jump to last post" exists.

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Rafza posted:

i wonder if you can bodyblock most ults like this

like high noon would be interesting to see

I'm told trance can LoS many ults. I don't know if this means the whole dome or just that using Zenyatta's body as an invincible shield does the trick.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Hoodwinker posted:

I'm told trance can LoS many ults. I don't know if this means the whole dome or just that using Zenyatta's body as an invincible shield does the trick.

awesome, i think i'll try to test it later today when i get home

zenyatta is definitely my "we already have a mercy / lucio" pick so i want to get better at him

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i turned down my mouse sensitivity by 10 and my accuracy went up like 20% on soldier 76 dang

Bloody Pancreas
Feb 21, 2008

I can't solo-queue anymore, the stress is real. Guess I just gotta hold myself back for my friends :(

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
i feel like zenyatta gets much much better when your team realizes the big golden glowing floaty poo poo is a green light to do what would otherwise be some very dumb stuff

most times when you use his ult around randos though its like "oh, poo poo! zenyatta's doing something! ...lets stand back and see where he goes with this"

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Bloody Pancreas posted:

I can't solo-queue anymore, the stress is real. Guess I just gotta hold myself back for my friends :(

Lol, can't take the pressure from the plebs.

Day one of release.

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

Grammaton posted:

Just had 9 sentry turret kills with Symmetra. Her beam gun also does more damage the more time it's connected. She's pretty fun.

I know it'd fall apart, but I'd love to try an all symmetra team on defense, just for shits and giggles

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011

Tokubetsu posted:

tfw you fascilitate the teamkill with zarya's ult but the loving ninja gets potg =/

I landed a Zarya ult on an entire team last night, then Hanzo ulted and finished them all off. POTG went to the torbjorn hammering on a turret in the corner since the turret got the first 3 actual killshots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

Lol, can't take the pressure from the plebs.

Day one of release.

I'm pretty sure I saw a post complaining about balance or something like half an hour after the servers went up yesterday