Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

GhostDog posted:

I'll see if I can make it a bit earlier.

also put the mustang gt because lol power car.

im thinking about roleplaying the dickhead at the trackdays that points you by because you are faster in the turns, but i'm loving passing your rear end on the straights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Nerdrock posted:

Hi Sim Racing thread :

I've been away from this for a bit, but I just wanted to toss out there:

I convinced my friend with a Consumer Oculus Rift to pick up Project CARS, and I gave him my old Logitech Driving Force GT.

We live in the goddamned future. It is the most immersive, amazing computer racing experience you can possibly imagine. Worth every single penny.

I just need to come up with a lot of pennies, now.

:tipshat:

Come up with more pennies for Assetto Corsa and/or iRacing so you can come and Gooncar it up with us :)

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Gonna start the AC server in 15 minutes or so, on a Zandvoort "track day" like setting (due to the way AC server handles car selection you can't have a real open track day) around the Japan DLC cars (and a Mustang for OhsH). If we get enough people together for a race we can do so, I have a config for RX-7 on Zandvoort prepared.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What's the name of the server for finding it?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

They should change that server car selection so we can have a proper Nordschleife track day server.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

njsykora posted:

They should change that server car selection so we can have a proper Nordschleife track day server.

THIS

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I think I was super late to the party, but I did drive on that empty server. I love the Skyline. Been loving it since the first Gran Turismo. Oho.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I just had a week of torture with nordschleife industry-farting on iracing.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Tourist is the only Nords layout I drive. Bridge to gantry or nothing. Even if it does deprive me of that huge straight.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

njsykora posted:

Tourist is the only Nords layout I drive. Bridge to gantry or nothing. Even if it does deprive me of that huge straight.

Agreed, it lets me compare my times to real people :shobon:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I thought sunday AC was working fine, I just can't make it for every weekend.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

njsykora posted:

While I am glad it is possible to change cars, I really hate the car selection for multiplayer. I guess with the way it is set up, they load each car into the track and then you can choose one and it spawns in. Really wish they could let you choose whichever car is on the list for the server without there being a limit for each car.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Next sunday is AE86 day in Assetto Corsa. The tuned variant. On street tires. Track is yet to be decided. Depending on interest this might be the first of several championship races.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

GhostDog posted:

Next sunday is AE86 day in Assetto Corsa. The tuned variant. On street tires. Track is yet to be decided. Depending on interest this might be the first of several championship races.

Spec ae86 first race should be tsukuba :v

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Gonna check it out again when/if Racedepartment is back up. I like Tsukuba, but when I tried that conversion a while back I wasn't too impressed.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

It improved with the most recent version, I didn't like it much at first either but the dude seems to be putting more effort in these days.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

RX7 on Black Cat makes me giggle like mad. Normally I hate when my tail breaks loose. But it's just so much fun driving that car like a kid who just watched Tokyo Drift.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Nerdrock posted:

Hi Sim Racing thread :

I've been away from this for a bit, but I just wanted to toss out there:

I convinced my friend with a Consumer Oculus Rift to pick up Project CARS, and I gave him my old Logitech Driving Force GT.

We live in the goddamned future. It is the most immersive, amazing computer racing experience you can possibly imagine. Worth every single penny.

I just need to come up with a lot of pennies, now.

:tipshat:

A workmate is bringing his PC in tomorrow with his HTC Vive. I'm taking my old DF GT in. Can't wait.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I hope this is the right thread to ask, as doing a search revealed this is about the only thread this game is discussed.

I'd been interested in Wreckfest as I loved the Flatout games and put it on my Steam wishlist but I hadn't been following its sojourn through Early Access too closely. I got notified it's on sale but the user reviews indicate that it's hardly been updated recently. Is it worth picking up or should I stay away? Thanks!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I've been keeping an eye on it too, the problem with Bugbear games is they're really cool toys that depend on multiplayer and they never really establish a multiplayer base. In a month you won't have anyone to play with.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
spec ae86 race candidates

sentul: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sentul-international-circuit-final-version.3310/

tsukuba:http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/tsukuba-circuit.2629/

fuji:http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fuji-international-speedway.2554/

apparantly a bad okayama rip: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/okayama-1994.2519/
I couldn't find much else on race department

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Tsukuba is quite good, about two steps up from what that guy previously released. The other two I'm not so hot on. Aside from the fact that they look like crap on Sentul I have some lovely vibration from the seams between polygons.

Anyway:

Assetto Corsa:

This is the first in a AE86 series. Don't miss out on your championship points!

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope
I tried to use some of the tracks you linked, but only Sentul worked for me. The others would do the track and car loading steps, then return back to the car/track selection screen. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? I was wondering if it was a version thing since the game just updated, but it seems like it is working for you. This is with the Oculus Rift video option.

BossTweed fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 24, 2016

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Did you try without Oculus? I don't know if there's anything within a track that could be incompatible, but some of the converted tracks display some polygon void before you start, maybe there is something weird happening there?

Also, Patrick Giranthon released a round of AI updates for his AMS tracks. He's up to 8 tracks again already, what a trooper. If you're new to AMS/SCE: if you see that name on a mod it's quality. Just waiting for the C.A.R.T.s here...

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
We might have to find non asian tracks for spec ae86 and that hurts my heart.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wait. We're doing a AE86 championship in AC?

How many weeks is it running?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Norns posted:

Wait. We're doing a AE86 championship in AC?

How many weeks is it running?

So far we have one week. Find more tracks.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Yeah, we're gonna have to do non-asian tracks. We're going to make as many weeks as people show up for and/or we have fitting tracks for.

In other news, sim racing is still serious business.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Sportsland Sugo is a solid track, Tiago's done a few other small Japanese tracks that might work for AE86.

Patrick's posted a few shots of his upcoming tracks, he's doing Road Atlanta which I'll do many laps of.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Comedy Asian Championship option: Macau

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Suzuka?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
is there a short version of it? :V

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah driving full laps of Suzuka in a car that tops out around 120mph sounds miserable.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
I'm down but I have to buy a computer chair that doesn't slowly sink so that you guys aren't dodging me when I have to adjust the seat every 5 minutes.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I want a handbrake for my simulator. But I don't want to spend tons because I only use it for dumb drifting poo poo. But I also don't want it to be garbage.

So far my options are Fanatec or Heusinkveld right? Who am I forgetting?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Cheap joystick?

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope

GhostDog posted:

Did you try without Oculus? I don't know if there's anything within a track that could be incompatible, but some of the converted tracks display some polygon void before you start, maybe there is something weird happening there?

I think I figured it out. It looks like the tracks work fine in a normal practice session, but I had it defaulting to Time Attack, and I'm guessing maybe some tracks aren't set up for it and that's what was closing it out.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Th8a analog mode for handbrakes.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Ziploc posted:

I want a handbrake for my simulator. But I don't want to spend tons because I only use it for dumb drifting poo poo. But I also don't want it to be garbage.

So far my options are Fanatec or Heusinkveld right? Who am I forgetting?

This one by Frex is close to the Fanatec in price, this thread in the iRacing hardware forum lists some other more expensive ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Are the Fanatec Clubsport V3 still the goto pedals? Anything better come out or getting ready to come out that I should wait for? I'd be using them with a g27 which I will likely replace in the near future, figured I'd start with better pedals first.