Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Young Freud posted:

It's clear Zimmerman wanted it to be higher. If he had to sell that gun, he's probably hurting for money.

I thought I saw some article that some rapper or performance artist bought it so he could destroy it on stage.

Whats he gonna do bring a hacksaw on stage?

Maybe a welder? Plasma torch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

JB50 posted:

Whats he gonna do bring a hacksaw on stage?

Maybe a welder? Plasma torch?

it's a lovely gun, easily done.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
That's dumb, it's not like Zimmerman is going to care with his $120k.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Roylicious posted:

That's dumb, it's not like Zimmerman is going to care with his $120k.

Also it won't be destroyed, it was probably bought by a cool dude. Zimmerman can now get a house :)

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

No. 6 posted:

Not saying he's bad, but just like all people, we can strive to be better. Take my posting for example...

Self-improvement isn't enough. People are not islands, self-sufficient. We need connections with others to achieve true flourishing. The very idea of self-improvement is meaningless without a social context

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Young Freud posted:

It's clear Zimmerman wanted it to be higher. If he had to sell that gun, he's probably hurting for money.

I thought I saw some article that some rapper or performance artist bought it so he could destroy it on stage.

I'm the artist who gave 120k to Zimmerman to make a point

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

unpacked robinhood posted:

I'm the artist who gave 120k to Zimmerman to make a point

Hes definitely msking a point, just probably not the point he thinks he's making

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks

Nonsense posted:

it's a lovely gun, easily done.

Not true. The One Gun can only be destroyed in the fires if Mt. Doom, where it was forged.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
so are we goonfunding a bid or not

edit gently caress beaten

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

I'm betting Ted Nugent bought it and is rubbing it on his peener at this very moment.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Darth123123 posted:

Tell me about your custom title.

some person spent like 15 bucks because he got pissed off. I said that trump will probably get pissed off yonger white guys because they are sick of being poo poo on by parts of the left(real or imagined) and will vote trump. some of them don't like well off hipsters telling them what to think. others are just bigoted assholes who unironicaly think /pol/ is the gospel truth. personaly i am not going to vote for some bigoted con-man just to give the finger to some well of "cultrual critics" and other hipsters.

Young Freud posted:

pretty much. I am sure its hard to find a job being the kind of lovely person he is, and i doubt even wingnut welfare will take him.

Traveling Salesman
Nov 27, 2007

Merchant of Death

LethalGeek posted:

I hope someone hits this guy with a car

I hope someone hits him with that gun.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Looks like George flim flammed the original auction winner and sold the gun for a cool $250,000 to a last minute bidder.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36354206

The original bidder is pissed that he's not getting the gun of thug killing +3 lol

quote:

He said the buyer was a woman who had wanted the gun as a birthday present for her son.
But Mr Zimmerman said he would not reveal the buyer's identity, adding: "The winning bidder will ultimately decide if they want their information to be maintained in confidentiality."

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Zo posted:

Looks like George flim flammed the original auction winner and sold the gun for a cool $250,000 to a last minute bidder.

The original bidder is pissed that he's not getting the gun of thug killing +3 lol

quote:

He said the buyer was a woman who had wanted the gun as a birthday present for her son.

what

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Zimmerman claims he sold the gun to ghost in a sombrero who wanted it for a gift for her son

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

when he slices in to the gun shaped cake there will be another gun inside

quite thoughtful imo

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Hey sweetie? You know how you like RAHOWA, right?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Zo posted:

Hahah flim flammed by the zim zam

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I can't believe someone spent 250K on a goddamn Kel-Tec lmao

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i thought it was 120k or something ? :confused:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

thathonkey posted:

He got a last minute unofficial bid. Usually they just tell rhe auction winner the item was "damaged" or something and cancel the item, but i guess this is too high profile to do that

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Can't flim flam the zim zam

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

thathonkey posted:

good pay out. Hope he can buy a little house, and live happily and humbly.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

what kind of rich nut job buys their son a murder weapon.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Lmao this whole situation is hilarious

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Double post. lol

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nonsense posted:

good pay out. Hope he can buy a little house, and live happily and humbly.

"humbly"

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Kind of answered your own question there, didn't you?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol if you wouldnt buy the rifle that killed jfk

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Robo Reagan posted:

Not for my kid.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Strudel Man posted:

Not for my kid.

*points to case*

"this, my boy, is going to be your inheritance one day"

Robo Reagan posted:

actually, what did happen to that rifle?

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.

Mange Mite posted:

actually, what did happen to that rifle?

CIA destroyed it so only Oswalds rifle could be discovered.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

ScratchAndSniff posted:

Guilty beyond a reasonable doubt or no, nobody can argue he isn't a piece of poo poo.

Have you read the comments on these articles?

Zimmerman has many fans!

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

I wouldn't pay Oswald six figures for it

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Obsidius posted:

CIA destroyed it so only Oswalds rifle could be discovered.

lol

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

id rather zimmerman have it than hitler jr's billionaire mom at least he can't hide from the public unlike this boy from brazil

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

but at least that has history. this is just a gun by some small dicked wannabe punisher who shot some unarmed kid because he lost a fight he started. the only reason people bought this was because he lived their wank fantasy of shooting a black.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dapper_Swindler posted:

but at least that has history. this is just a gun by some small dicked wannabe punisher who shot some unarmed kid because he lost a fight he started.

If it's one thing ive learned from history clas, it's that small dicked wannabes make history

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

but at least that has history. this is just a gun by some small dicked wannabe punisher who shot some unarmed kid because he lost a fight he started. the only reason people bought this was because he lived their wank fantasy of shooting a black.

You've seen Zimmerman's dick? Story please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking Monday to ABC Las Vegas affiliate KTNV-TV via Skype between puffs from a thick cigar, Zimmerman struck a pose of defiance, discussing the process of auctioning the gun and accusing Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton of pandering to the black community to get votes.

"I was tired of Hillary Clinton's anti-gun rhetoric," Zimmerman said of his rationale for auctioning off the pistol. "She has been stumping around for a false campaign for the Trayvon Martin Foundation. She lied, saying that I killed him when he was walking home in his daddy's neighborhood. Which if anyone watched more than seven minutes of the trial, they would know that is false."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-explains-rationale-auctioning-pistol-killed-trayvon/story?id=39330161

Guy should just quit while ahead.

• Locked thread