Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Team gold glove just running over fools

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

I wish there was a way to queue up for certain maps in quick play. I just wanna practice sniping on a couple payload maps but I keep getting koth

anime was right posted:

i turned down my mouse sensitivity by 10 and my accuracy went up like 20% on soldier 76 dang

Nice. A good way to measure your sens is by how many inches or cm it takes to do a 360 degree turn. Anything less than 10 inches and you might have a hard time tracking targets

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Willie Tomg posted:

i feel like zenyatta gets much much better when your team realizes the big golden glowing floaty poo poo is a green light to do what would otherwise be some very dumb stuff
I did a ton of 5 or 6 player premades with friends last night and we were actively doing call-outs on voicechat. Pushing with trance owned hard under those circumstances. I would push with trance, then our Lucio would drop his shield when it faded, and if we didn't have them already mopped up at that point then we were pretty drat close.

Willie Tomg posted:

most times when you use his ult around randos though its like "oh, poo poo! zenyatta's doing something! ...lets stand back and see where he goes with this"
I laughed and I cried because it's too true.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

karrethuun posted:

I landed a Zarya ult on an entire team last night, then Hanzo ulted and finished them all off. POTG went to the torbjorn hammering on a turret in the corner since the turret got the first 3 actual killshots.

I drove my rip tire into the point and killed 4 people.

POTG is Genji ulting first and ran in and hit all of them down during that same moment.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ahhpple posted:

I wish there was a way to queue up for certain maps in quick play. I just wanna practice sniping on a couple payload maps but I keep getting koth

hey man, ilios is a great widow map

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Edmond Dantes posted:

Played last night a couple hours. Got PTOG as D.VA on my first twomatches (!), forgot to shadowplay them before quittine the game. :negative:
I also managed to bump two people off the side of Lijiang.

Then I proceeded to suck rear end all night. It's kinda weird how my game went to poo poo since the beta; I never considered myself to be good at the game but holy hell I was being useless for most of my games.

I guess I should just keep playing. :getin:

PS: I hate all of you who got legendary skins, I got sprites. ALL OF THE SPRITES.

I am in the same boat. Really off and on with the skill levels throughout the night. I guess I need to learn how to play Reaper to enjoy that Nevermore skin.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
So now that we're almost one full day in how high do you guys think the skill ceiling on this game is? Will there be a pro scene? Will we settle into a stale meta and rage at pubs who dare question it?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

prom candy posted:

So now that we're almost one full day in how high do you guys think the skill ceiling on this game is? Will there be a pro scene? Will we settle into a sterile meta and rage at pubs who dare question it?

game is low skill, no future sorry

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Hughmoris posted:

Having no skill
Is not a sin,
Throw the flash
Right-click to win

this is good

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

how lenient is Blizzard about their battlenet name changes if you contact them? i changed mine to trashgenji69 but now i feel like i should have made it narutokun420 instead. i even got the naruto skin for genji as a random drop so it would be extra fitting now

http://webmshare.com/QzQaJ

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
Playing with night owl goons last night was fun. Let's do it again tonight!

Things learned:

-Junkrat's tire is really useful for clearing points on maps where the point is in a room and the enemy can't possibly see it coming.

-Winston is really useful in creating chaos and giving your team an edge.

-McCree is only good at 1v1, and even then he's isn't that easy to use.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
game is already dead

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
mcree is the easiest hero in the game 1v1

step 1: toss flashbang
step 2: free kill

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So who has bought the 50 pack of loot boxes?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

prom candy posted:

So now that we're almost one full day in how high do you guys think the skill ceiling on this game is? Will there be a pro scene? Will we settle into a stale meta and rage at pubs who dare question it?

Somebody post that picture of the widowmaker spider-man jumping over the ledge to shoot reinhart in the back of the head.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Grammaton posted:

Just had 9 sentry turret kills with Symmetra. Her beam gun also does more damage the more time it's connected. She's pretty fun.

At max it's 120 dps! It also carries charge between multiple targets. Most people don't expect it.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MacheteZombie posted:

Please don't kink shame.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
I bought a 10pack, 2 non goon friends got 50 packs. I got a single gold drop and a couple purple skins and an orange. They got 1300 and 2000 gold respectively and tons of goodies. They said they were both happy with their purchases and wouldn't have to buy more boxes again for at least a very long time.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Zzulu posted:

mcree is the easiest hero in the game 1v1

step 1: toss flashbang
step 2: free kill

yeah he's pretty stupid and only weirdos defend his dumb hero design

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

MacheteZombie posted:

I bought 100. :shepspends:

I did it after the game went live, I imagine since many other people were looting boxes whatever RNG for legendary skins pumped out quite a bit. I think I ended with 3000+ credits and 9 gold skins.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Please don't kink shame.

I'm a lootvoyeur, need to vicariously get my thrills from actual loothavers

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

iroguebot posted:

I bought 100. :shepspends:

I did it after the game went live, I imagine since many other people were looting boxes whatever RNG for legendary skins pumped out quite a bit. I think I ended with 3000+ credits and 9 gold skins.

You're tempting me far too much.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice
I was thinking about getting the 50 loot boxes but that $39.99 turns into $52.57 on my Visa bill :smith:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

SiliconX posted:

I was thinking about getting the 50 loot boxes but that $39.99 turns into $52.57 on my Visa bill :smith:

What kind of poo poo is that? Interest?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

SiliconX posted:

Do you live in Canada or Hell?

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Twerk from Home posted:

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

College Slice

Twerk from Home posted:

Both.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

Minorkos posted:

yeah he's pretty stupid and only weirdos defend his dumb hero design

He's only stupid in a vacuum. He's needed to counter heroes like Tracer who are actually stupid.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
I promise you don't have to play that much to unlock lots of stuff and you'll have enough credits to buy a few must-have items for the heroes you really like

Don't spend another 50 bucks you weirdos

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

College Slice

Brosnan posted:

I promise you don't have to play that much to unlock lots of stuff and you'll have enough credits to buy a few must-have items for the heroes you really like

Don't spend another 50 bucks you weirdos

The way I look at it, it won't be long before I'll be the most unique on the team because I'm using the default skin :v:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the default skins are almost universally the best

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I'm salty that I haven't gotten a single Epic commendation, while in the Open Beta I got them all the time. Feels like I'm grouped with people stacked together or something all the time because they vote the randomest things. I've gone 90% on fire in a 20 minute game, 50 kills, 30 kill streak no deaths, 12k healing, 60% kill participation, 5 gold medals, the whole shebang and still not gotten more than 3 votes for any single time.

On the one hand, it's extremely pathetic to care about something like that. On the other, THIS IS BULLSHIT. MASSAGE MY EGO.

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

I got to level 150 in closed beta but bought 50 boxes because there were sprays and voice overs I needed on all my heroes again right away

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Ahhpple posted:

Nice. A good way to measure your sens is by how many inches or cm it takes to do a 360 degree turn. Anything less than 10 inches and you might have a hard time tracking targets

drat, that's a lot more than I've been using (and I definitely suck at tracking). I'm used to playing with a pretty high sensitivity on other games and am having trouble adjusting to lower settings. Do you have any tips for getting used to that low of a sensitivity? It feels like that'd take up the entire mouse pad practically. Do you use your shoulder more, or is it still mostly wrist movement?

FPSs are hard.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Thoughtless posted:

He's only stupid in a vacuum. He's needed to counter heroes like Tracer who are actually stupid.

yeah but that then creates a situation where you need to have a mccree in every team or the enemy team will pick tracer and clown on your backline. mccree has no real counterpicks either so there's nothing stopping you from stacking 2 mccrees on every team, which is what happens in pro games

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

MacheteZombie posted:

What kind of poo poo is that? Interest?

Congratulations on getting hosed in the rear end by forex fees.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

foutre posted:

drat, that's a lot more than I've been using (and I definitely suck at tracking). I'm used to playing with a pretty high sensitivity on other games and am having trouble adjusting to lower settings. Do you have any tips for getting used to that low of a sensitivity? It feels like that'd take up the entire mouse pad practically. Do you use your shoulder more, or is it still mostly wrist movement?

FPSs are hard.

Move your shoulder more, align the crosshairs by moving your character rather than moving your mouse.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Minorkos posted:

yeah but that then creates a situation where you need to have a mccree in every team or the enemy team will pick tracer and clown on your backline. mccree has no real counterpicks either so there's nothing stopping you from stacking 2 mccrees on every team, which is what happens in pro games

Road hog eats tracer alive.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Has anyone used Genji's reflection attack against McCree's ultimate?

Is it an instant-kill on McCree?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

SiliconX posted:

Can't you just buy 2 $20 blizzard cards?