Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I would imagine his first order of business is to grind the market for a year then tell the rest of the playerbase they are morons and slackers for not being as rich as him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
What happens when you die in EVE, other than losing your ship and recreating at your home station?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

VideoGames posted:

What happens when you die in EVE, other than losing your ship and recreating at your home station?

You lose any implants you plugged in. That's it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

VideoGames posted:

if you had any implants in your brain, they are lost, but that is it, outside of some very special circumstances that won't apply to you

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Well OK then! Thank you all, I am about to try visiting B-R5RB to see a wrecked Titan in my ship Ore!

Wish me luck! :D

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

VideoGames posted:

Well OK then! Thank you all, I am about to try visiting B-R5RB to see a wrecked Titan in my ship Ore!

Wish me luck! :D

If you go to BR-5, the titans there were killed in this battle: http://www.wired.com/2014/02/eve-online-battle-of-b-r/

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Don't take Ore! :ohdear:

Take a newbee ship or a frigate.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I was there :unsmith:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Kainokai, our starting point:

Along the way I've spotted a lot of beacons that say things like Abandoned Mining Colony and Abadoned wreck.
Are they neat things to go see? Because I might detour my way across the stars.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I wish there was an easy to access resource on the campaigns in the north from the range of "staying on TCF's couch" to "the fountain war". I had my largest streak of inactivity during the white noise/raiden/NC wars and VFK headshot, as well as TEST's rise and rebellion, so it's all kind of a blob to me - I hear references to MWD drakes and tracking titans, and logging supers with aggro at no risk - but never experienced it and don't know how to piece all the stories together into a timeline. Sadly the goonwiki doesn't cover these things in as much depth as the first great war.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Goatman Sacks posted:

I wish there was an easy to access resource on the campaigns in the north from the range of "staying on TCF's couch" to "the fountain war". I had my largest streak of inactivity during the white noise/raiden/NC wars and VFK headshot, as well as TEST's rise and rebellion, so it's all kind of a blob to me - I hear references to MWD drakes and tracking titans, and logging supers with aggro at no risk - but never experienced it and don't know how to piece all the stories together into a timeline. Sadly the goonwiki doesn't cover these things in as much depth as the first great war.

I think somewhere in there is when we were supposedly switching to confluence so people stopped maintaining the wiki. I don't know when we finally admitted it wasn't happening but it was years after the move was announced.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

VideoGames posted:

Kainokai, our starting point:

Along the way I've spotted a lot of beacons that say things like Abandoned Mining Colony and Abadoned wreck.
Are they neat things to go see? Because I might detour my way across the stars.

Those are low level combat sites, some have interesting structures or scenery but thats about it. The lowest level ones appear as beacons like that on your overview. Higher level ones worth running and that pay good need to be scanned down and are in more dangerous space like nullsec and wormholes.

There might be some gurmistas in there that shoot you thats about it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

That little orange highlighted bit is intriguing! :D I might just add them to my bookmarks and keep on travelling! This is exciting :D

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Whatever you do, dont go through HED-GP detour around that system however you have to.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Okela Traversing!

Uusasi Understanding!

(so peaceful)

Sojourn Through Suon

Yikes! Yekti is Beautiful!

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
While we're on history discussion, wasn't it us that first figured out how to use mass bombs to delete clumped fleets? I want to say that I saw a youtube from one of the north wars where Mr Vee tried the first successful bombing run and utterly devastated a battleship fleet

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Yet More Yekti!

Pride in Parud!

The Throne Worlds (Maybe my favourite system name yet!!)

I love the orangeyness of this space! :D Orange is my favourite colour.

27 jumps to go!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Goatman Sacks posted:

While we're on history discussion, wasn't it us that first figured out how to use mass bombs to delete clumped fleets? I want to say that I saw a youtube from one of the north wars where Mr Vee tried the first successful bombing run and utterly devastated a battleship fleet

Mr. Vee was the first person I know of to successfully use bomberfleets. I'm sure there was some nobody though who launched two bombs at a pair of frigates and killed them both and will loudly dispute his claim to being the first person using mass bombs.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
Yeah there was one bomb run in particular that Vee did, vs Atlas, that made Eve sit up and think "whoah there's something in this bomber thing after all." Although it was such a step-change in levels of death and viol;ence that the Atlas people were insistent that hax were involved.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
AAA and Atlas were trying out bombers against us in 2009, albeit unsuccessfully

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Goatman Sacks posted:

This period was a mix of goons ascendant and supercaps online, and there are a lot of cool stories. Big events I can think of, in (the maybe correct) order:

1. Karttoon
2. CR (failure)
3. Crashing on TCFs couch in DKUK
4. MAX 2 (fails in H-W)
5. Heading down south (smacking Atlas pets around with some ex-TCF Section XIII)
6. Taking Dek over from TCF
7. Smacking ev0ke out of CR
8. Beating IT out of fountain, this leads to IT cascading and delve becoming a FFA
9. VFK by may (hint: not a good idea)
10. The north is now full of people who don't like GSF
11. GSF kinda hides for a few months
12. White Noise. loses branch to the CFC
13. The great reconquista; the CFC takes branch, tenal, tribute, and vale
14. poo poo starts to go down with Test
15. Fountain war

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

evilweasel posted:

Mr. Vee was the first person I know of to successfully use bomberfleets. I'm sure there was some nobody though who launched two bombs at a pair of frigates and killed them both and will loudly dispute his claim to being the first person using mass bombs.

there are always a few small, highly elite groups that come up with an idea and are successful, but don't have the will/numbers to pull anything big off with it

I think AHACs were the same way, as well as sentry Gilas

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Kor-Azor Prime is stunning. Just blows me away!

Gebem proving to be the best vista!

Finally, Finaka!

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like PL showed up with a giant stack of megapulse Abaddons out of nowhere. I like Abaddons.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
A brief pit stop before attempting Null sec :ohdear:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Goatman Sacks posted:

Looks like PL showed up with a giant stack of megapulse Abaddons out of nowhere. I like Abaddons.

hellcats are back

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Landsknecht posted:

hellcats are back

brb relisting Jita

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Landsknecht posted:

hellcats are back

pls trap more hurricanes next time, I have contracts to move.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Why would nobody suggest just taking a shuttle to Video Games? They are fairly fast align and warping, and are cheap as dirt.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Is there anything special going on? Why is PL/NC/PH/TEST/Darkness and a all the new north renters all showing up to blob saranen right now?

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

Goatman Sacks posted:

Is there anything special going on? Why is PL/NC/PH/TEST/Darkness and a all the new north renters all showing up to blob saranen right now?

There was a tower they wanted to shoot, plus their Fortizar was in it's vulnerability window.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

War Eagle posted:

There was a tower they wanted to shoot, plus their Fortizar was in it's vulnerability window.

is it the tower full of ships sitting just off the station in saranen?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

War Eagle posted:

Ah, are they actually going to get their replacement online this time?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Orange Red Bull posted:

Whatever you do, dont go through HED-GP detour around that system however you have to.

Is something funky happening over there? It's the next system along and I am waiting in a citadel.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

VideoGames posted:

Is something funky happening over there? It's the next system along and I am waiting in a citadel.

Probably perma gate camped.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Goatman Sacks posted:

Back in the gap between Eurosquad (rip) and EG (rip) and before the sov loss in Delve Vee was running bomberwaffe and fully evaporating IT Alliance and Stain Bloc fleets to great effect.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

VideoGames posted:

It's the most common system for people to pass through going basically anywhere in the south. The other side probably has bubbles (prevent you from warping) and people who will shoot you.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Yolo through HED-GP and take screenshots using the password "thulsa doom is struktura"

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

evilweasel posted:

It's the most common system for people to pass through going basically anywhere in the south. The other side probably has bubbles (prevent you from warping) and people who will shoot you.

I am trying a different method of getting down there. It's not simple.

ALSO I am now in a shuttle called Dust :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

evilweasel posted:

HED-GP is probably the most camped 0.0 system? Maybe ec- as well? Although ec- has the side access through saranen/93pi

• Locked thread