Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

schweens posted:

He's not even as good as Paul Heyman, the guy who made him a star

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Heavy Metal posted:

I'm fine with Punk, these people I'm fans of often may be egotastic dicks to some degree irl who knows, he's entertaining. I definitely sided with him on the WWE stuff, his podcast with Cabana was really good. (by sided I mean he sounds in the right, I still buy WWE network etc)

That said, has he been complaining about anything recently? What massive bitter stuff are you talking about?

He was abrasive towards a cop when he was a teen and wrote about it on his live journal.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luigi Thirty posted:

Eric Bischoff was smartest of all

They'd "randomly" drug test ex-wrestlers who were still technically on the roster but worked in the offices in Atlanta

That still seems like it would be extremely problematic being WCW.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

1st AD posted:

someone posted earlier that punk was a good athlete. I've only seen like 3 of his matches, but I think that is not true, he is not a good athlete and also he is old and not strong and is bad at BJJ and probably worse at kickboxing.

He was a fantastic pro wrestler but that was due to having charisma, promo ability, a great grasp of his character, and in ring psychology. The one knock on him even in a worked sport was lack of natural athleticism (witness his lovely elbow drop)

Thauros fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 24, 2016

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
Didn't he already have bum knees when he got into the WWE? Who knows how bad they are now

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

afatwhiteloaf posted:

Didn't he already have bum knees when he got into the WWE? Who knows how bad they are now

Bum knees have not stopped former champion Cain Velasquez from fighting as many times as once every two years, so CM Punk is still behind the curve there.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kimbo has knee arthritis and was still able to put on the fight of the year mentioned earlier

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
He doesn't just have arthritis, I think he legit has no cartilage in one or both of his knees.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

CM Punk is a good comic writer on top of being the greatest wrestler of all time and a great worker for getting UFC to pay for his medical expenses

Maybe when his comic is cancelled shortly for awful sales he can devote more time to training.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bradzilla posted:

Is there anyone beside cams that still likes Punk at this point?

I like Punk and I hope he can continue his undefeated streak in UFC.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

1st AD posted:

He doesn't just have arthritis, I think he legit has no cartilage in one or both of his knees.

The Pepsi Plunge is probably cause for that.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Punk is a baby but he also fuckin rules

ninety
Mar 13, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

(and can't post for 4 years!)

CM Punk is going to fight, and CM Punk is going to win.

Kaskadan
Mar 28, 2010

I've got some bad NOMS for you
I really don't have any real issue with the guy. I don't think any of his flaws rank very high on the 'scummy (ex)wrester' scale.
The wrestling game has spat out a lot worse.

Does anyone know if Punk approached UFC, or did Dana approach Punk?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

CM Punk is going to lose his fight by KO then write a blog post about how he made his opponent tap out and cry.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

projecthalaxy posted:

CM Punk is going to lose his fight by KO

Kevin Owens jumps the rope and attacks Mickey Gall, giving him the win by DQ.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Kaskadan posted:

I really don't have any real issue with the guy. I don't think any of his flaws rank very high on the 'scummy (ex)wrester' scale.
The wrestling game has spat out a lot worse.

He's not lovely when compared to the generations before him, but judged against his peers he doesn't come out as favorably.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Keg posted:

He was abrasive towards a cop when he was a teen and wrote about it on his live journal.

I would give anything to read that live journal.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RZApublican posted:

I would give anything to read that live journal.

http://cmpunk.livejournal.com/11306.html

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
You didn't ask him to give anything you dunderhead

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The universe is a beautiful and magical place

CM Punk, age 25 posted:

Now this is where it gets fairly hilarious people. I literally step out of the car, and once i'm fully stood up, i'm at least a foot taller than this cop. The look on his face was priceless. He takes a step back, and I poo poo you not, gulps. I'd imagine i'm horribly frighting looking by this point, because i'm legit furious that this little bullshit profile stop of my car results in a drug dog harassment. He backs up, never taking his eyes off me, and I nearly back him into traffic...
Officer Justshitinhispants: Um...this is your warning.
Punk: Great ::turns to walk away::
Officer Banana Brains: You need to take this, but before I give it to you, what do you want to tell me about what's in your car?
Punk (now turning green): What?
Officer pleasedontkillme: Is there anything in the car you want to tell me about, I'll give you the chance to tell me the truth, why were you in Nashville?
Punk::raising his fists right in the cops face:: What do my knuckles say?!
Cop: Why were you ::gets cut off by a very angry Punk::
Punk: WHAT. DO. MY. KNUCKLES. SAY?
a very sad looking police man: Drug free.
Punk: Exactly, so i'm a little offended about the dog right now.
Copper: Um...okay, well, here's your warning, have a nice day
Punk: Go gently caress yourself.

Also the part at the top of the page where his mood says crushed, his music says G-Unit (spelled Gunit), and his post title is from a Jay-Z song.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DannoMack posted:

You didn't ask him to give anything you dunderhead

Entertainment should be free. We didn't have to pay for Kimbo/Dada after all

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bradzilla posted:

Is there anyone beside cams that still likes Punk at this point? Seems him being a massive bitter baby rear end in a top hat has soured him on a lot of people since he left WWE
just want to say that i am honored that i still get top billing as a punk fan when big coffin hunter has been way more active than me.

i mean i would actually be posting about how great punk is way more but i come in and i see bch already just replied to something with "best in the world" so i don't really feel needed

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

cm punk got his rear end kicked by teddy hart

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Looks like he's finally getting rid of those bags under his eyes.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lol cm punk fuckin owned that pig

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Kaskadan posted:

I think the story Punk tells is that he was hanging with some of the UFC top brass (not Dana) at one of the events and one of them asked him during one of the matches, in a kinda jokey way, if he'd ever considered fighting

At which point Punk is all "hell yeah I've considered it", and visions of sugarplums and PRIDE-esque circus fights start drifting through their heads

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

Kaskadan posted:

Not confirmed nor denied by Zuffa, but Punk claimed that he was at a UFC event with Lorenzo/Dana and then Lorenzo asked him "You ever think about doing this?" to which Punk responded "Hell yes". This was supposedly before he resigned with WWE (contract renewal storyline) and then kept in contact with Lorenzo during his next 2.5 years before walking out of WWE and then signing with them after getting his firing letter. Still hearsay until there is confirmation from the other side.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

With how quickly he made an announcement both with them and with Marvel, I'd find it hard to believe he didn't have previous talks with them while in the company. Too quickly timed and random to reach otherwise if there hadn't been mutual interest for some time

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
We're more likely to see Crossbones in the Octagon

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Punk: Your honour, I may have been at the crime scene and I may be the owner of the murder weapon and my DNA may be on the crime scene BUT WHAT DO MY KNUCKLES SAY?
Judge: Wha-
Judge: They say "I didn't do it" in what appears to be pink highlighter. Case dismissed.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Punk: Your honour, I may have been at the crime scene and I may be the owner of the murder weapon and my DNA may be on the crime scene BUT WHAT DO MY KNUCKLES SAY?
Judge: Wha-
Judge: They say "I didn't do it" in what appears to be pink highlighter. Case dismissed.

"Best In The World," CM Punk hits the Go 2 Sleep on the American Justice System.

The swerve is it was already asleep :russo:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

1st AD posted:

someone posted earlier that punk was a good athlete. I've only seen like 3 of his matches, but I think that is not true, he is not a good athlete and also he is old and not strong and is bad at BJJ and probably worse at kickboxing.

CM Punks own WWE documentary harped on the fact that he was not even remotely a naturally gifted athlete

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Golden Bee posted:

We're more likely to see Crossbones in the Octagon

I look forward to seeing him shoot on Randy Couture.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

RZApublican posted:

The universe is a beautiful and magical place

Also the part at the top of the page where his mood says crushed, his music says G-Unit (spelled Gunit), and his post title is from a Jay-Z song.

If there was ever a perfect example of "poo poo that didn't happen" this would be it.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Punk, there is no dog and that cop wasn't 5 feet tall

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Does anybody have a link to that story a goon posted where CM Punk came into the Subway where he was working and was mean to him, because the goon tried to give him less veggies than usual to "make the sub better"?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Keg posted:

Does anybody have a link to that story a goon posted where CM Punk came into the Subway where he was working and was mean to him, because the goon tried to give him less veggies than usual to "make the sub better"?

I think you just posted it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

KO story about Punk is pretty telling about both of their personalities. Kevin regretting how he "totally bitched out" in particular because in the long run he stayed smart about poo poo, got better, and seems to be protected as gently caress in WWE while Punk continued to start poo poo and used to blow up at people like Edge/Jericho of all people. Also funny how Kevin's probably more amicable and yet is the way better heel character right now by a mile.

• Locked thread