Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

His Vinnie Jones is flawless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Parallax posted:

I honestly don't get why Seeso wasn't an add-on to something like Hulu in the first place, especially when you consider NBC owns a part of Hulu

What do you mean by add-on though? Like when you click "channels" on Hulu there would be one that says Seeso?

Also Hulu is also co-owned by Disney and FOX so NBC doesn't want to share revenue in yet another venture. Also, a big thing about Seeso is that there's no ads where even Hulu gives you ads on certain shows if you bought their relatively new "ad-free" subscription.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

What do you mean by add-on though? Like when you click "channels" on Hulu there would be one that says Seeso?

Also Hulu is also co-owned by Disney and FOX so NBC doesn't want to share revenue in yet another venture. Also, a big thing about Seeso is that there's no ads where even Hulu gives you ads on certain shows if you bought their relatively new "ad-free" subscription.

I haven't signed up for the showtime addon but I imagine it just adds new content to their list of shows. Much like when they add new shows normally.

I haven't found Hulu to have any ads on their ad free version, they also advertised it as totally ad free. Is this not the case? The big problem I have is that they don't have every season of certain shows.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
There's ads on something like five shows at the beginning of the episodes.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
There's a few shows that are contractually obligated to have commercials, I think.

And Seeso is separate from Hulu because even though NBC has a stake in it, the new trend is for every company with a media backlog to create their own streaming service. I don't know if their plan is to actually compete with Netflix or just dilute the market until it's irrelevant, and I don't think they know or care either.

whiggles
Dec 19, 2003

TEAM EDWARD
i'm really enjoying hard nation. a few weeks back they had that guy who called in wanting info on how to join ISIS because he was sick of this mom's cooking and I've been on board since then.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I loved how in the FDR episode it was literally just them in 1945 and not their grandparents or something + Pete is still talking about his two sets of twins

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

I loved how in the FDR episode it was literally just them in 1945 and not their grandparents or something + Pete is still talking about his two sets of twins

i wanted to like that episode but i kept hear his FDR impersonation as a Cosby impersonation

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Also I feel like Cordero wasn't sure how a nuke works. Mike kept dropping hints to fission, atoms and namedropping "Fat Man" for the 'surprise' but he wouldn't continue the bit much.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
new pistol shrimps radio was good, lots of chat about sexy ref

and the most depressing picture of a mayor in history

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Amazing, even sadder than I expected. Have they ever taken a picture of sexy ref? I'd like to see how sexy he is.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

Amazing, even sadder than I expected. Have they ever taken a picture of sexy ref? I'd like to see how sexy he is.

You can see him in this video...
https://twitter.com/markmcconville/status/733390030559793153

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
For home use:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFiUh0IMqJE/

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

padijun posted:

new pistol shrimps radio was good, lots of chat about sexy ref

and the most depressing picture of a mayor in history

Episode also features a player mooching seventeen dollars from Colin Hanks to pay off the refs, which sounds like a non sequitur but isn't.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The complicated Earwolf/Howl Ad-Free Archives/Paywall is finally upon us

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Looks like they picked all the most popular and current shows to try it out on.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

JethroMcB posted:

The complicated Earwolf/Howl Ad-Free Archives/Paywall is finally upon us

I went to Howl on the computer so I could pick up some ad free shows. Turns out that they've removed them all from the website or something?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just keep the Hollywood Handbook ads in, please :(
But hey, that 40% off coupon for subscribers was pretty nice, I picked up two shirts basically for the price of one.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Jon Daly the God

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Gethard has been referencing this week's Beautiful Anon for a while as the one where someone finally hangs up and it's described in the episode summary as being "pretty rattling", but in fact the dude was just at work and had to go (Chris thinks he's lying but he seems totally sanguine and sincere). I was anticipating more drama with Gethard actually crossing a line or something. I like the podcast a lot, but Gethard's guilty monologue at the end about how he hopes he didn't cause this guy to relapse was kind of crazy and the first time he completely lost me.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yeah the dude seems pretty ridiculous.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Geth has pretty severe anxiety and it sounds like he was letting it get to him too much in this situation.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
He does a one man show that's basically a list of times he's freaked out, I think he's just a person with a high tendency towards freaking out.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i also imagine that, being a guy with a drug addiction problem in a past, he was legitimately worried about doing anything that could possibly push someone into destructive behavior. i have no problem seeing why he was rattled and you people are weirdos.

jon daly is consistently hilarious hollywood handbook best podcast a+ #1

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Yeah don't judge someone for overreacting to something, you bunch of overreacting crank yankers

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I like Gethard but that podcast doesn't work for me. It's like one of Dan's bad Let's Talk To An Audience Member About Their Most Depressing poo poo segments on Harmontown.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Illinois Smith posted:

I like Gethard but that podcast doesn't work for me. It's like one of Dan's bad Let's Talk To An Audience Member About Their Most Depressing poo poo segments on Harmontown.

It's never been that bad

quote:

Jon Daly the God
I love their contempt for Deadpool, and endless fascination with Jared Leto.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I think they actually like Deadpool. They like riffing on the overt marketing of how 'rebellious' he is though.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Deadpool is so great at aping the tired marvel formula that I actually thought I had seen a marvel movie by the end of it

I don't think they like deadpool ....but IANAS (I am not a screenwriter)

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Deadpool has embraced chaos, but is it for its own sake?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Tarranon posted:

I don't think they like deadpool ....but IANAS (I am not a screenwriter)

Thank god you gave us the acronym to save time

e: unless that's a HH joke I don't get as an infrequent listener

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

They like Deadpool the comic character (Sean wanted the mug) but they realize the movie made the same "HEY! That's an ENTENDRE!" joke repeatedly.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Oh goody, Case Closed's back on I4H but now he just pits two nervous listeners against eachother for 15 minutes.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Illinois Smith posted:

Oh goody, Case Closed's back on I4H but now he just pits two nervous listeners against eachother for 15 minutes.

Yeah that was really strange

I was expecting a case closed because I saw this a couple of days ago, but it's weird Besser didn't even take part

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Matt Besser is a retard.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, that was awful. I skipped through 90% of the segment. It felt like him being tired of most of his fans being pro-Bernie so he set this up to try and shut them up.

A lineup of usually great guests on the episode, too. Wish they'd had more time to do scenes.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I was just thinking about how I4H had fallen out of my regular rotation of shows and was glad to see a new episode with a solid lineup today. Nevermind, I guess.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

I was expecting a case closed because I saw this a couple of days ago, but it's weird Besser didn't even take part
It wasn't that guy, it was Besser staging A Fair And Balanced Debate between a Clinton supporter and a Bernie supporter in reaction to that guy's allegations. Because he's a giant baby.

Also I like "you send your agents out, to record them, to make fools of themselves", like his idiot interns could ever pull a mission like that off on purpose.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 16:32 on May 26, 2016

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Matt Besser is a retard.

Kinda yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

You mean UCB founder and founder of UCB, Matt Besser?!