Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

Speaking of the casual thread, have there been any Metro: Last Light LPs?
I was considering making a "baby's first LP" of sorts of it for the casual thread; I checked the master list but couldn't find anything.

Yeah

http://lparchive.org/Metro-2033/

http://lparchive.org/Metro-2033-(by-ApocalypseToast)/

No reason you can't do one though. We've got three Dark Souls LPs- one archived and one finished- three LPs of Dark Souls Prepare to Die edition and one of which is archived.

So go ahead and do a Metro LP if you wanna.

edit: Thought that just said Metro LPs in general and not Last Light specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
Any good warhams LP's going on/finished recently?

Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

DoubleNegative posted:

Can anyone suggest a LP that I can just leave on in the background while I'm doing other things? I just finished watching Geop's Dark Souls LP, and have already watched most of the other usual recommendations already.

Maybe Beaglerush's XCOM (Long War) - Live and Impossible series? There's a hell of a lot of it, and he talks through all his strategy as he goes. I use it for background noise a lot and then drop back in to paying attention at random times.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Brinner posted:

Grey Hunter is currently running a campaign of Rogue Trader that's pretty entertaining if you don't mind tabletop games. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765273&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Civil Twilight posted:

Maybe Beaglerush's XCOM (Long War) - Live and Impossible series? There's a hell of a lot of it, and he talks through all his strategy as he goes. I use it for background noise a lot and then drop back in to paying attention at random times.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Ok, here's a rather specific one:

Is there something a la Beaglerush, but for Darkest Dungeon or any 4X games?
Something aimed at getting better at a game, with someone who's really good at the game and explains the thought process behind his decisions rather than just playing the game and recording it.

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

Are there any halfway decent letspies of Reus

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

Been enjoying this Endless Legend LP that just started recently. Kind of want more. Wondering if there are any other similarly informative/skillful LPs of the same game on this forum or elsewhere. Screenshot or video, don't care.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

DoubleNegative posted:

Can anyone suggest a LP that I can just leave on in the background while I'm doing other things? I just finished watching Geop's Dark Souls LP, and have already watched most of the other usual recommendations already.

the worms armageddon games are good for this

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

SpruceZeus posted:

Been enjoying this Endless Legend LP that just started recently. Kind of want more. Wondering if there are any other similarly informative/skillful LPs of the same game on this forum or elsewhere. Screenshot or video, don't care.

As far as SA goes, I think it's pretty much just limited to this abandoned one and Speedball's current lp. Dunno about other forums.

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

Anyone aware of any good playthroughs of the FMV Tex Murphy games?
(Under a Killing Moon, The Pandora Directive, Overseer, Tesla Effect)
I've always found them fascinating but could never really get into them myself.

Everything I've found online either tends to be terrible quality and/or just rushes through puzzles. So I'm kinda looking for something a bit more involved that shows off the gags and logic behind the puzzles.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

DoubleNegative posted:

Not sure if it counts as an LP, but I've been going through this longplay of Starcraft 64. It goes well with music to.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Edmond Dantes posted:

Ok, here's a rather specific one:

Is there something a la Beaglerush, but for Darkest Dungeon or any 4X games?
Something aimed at getting better at a game, with someone who's really good at the game and explains the thought process behind his decisions rather than just playing the game and recording it.

So far as I can tell, Beagle is one-of-a-kind. Though you might want to give Aavak a try. He's pleasant to listen to and tackles a lot of strategy and 4x games, as well as a few roguelikes. I haven't seen him grandmaster any particular game, but he plays strategy with a universally high level of skill even on the few occasions he goes in blind.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Brinner posted:

Blind Sally just wrapped up an LP of Dark Crusade a few weeks ago.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Anyone know of a good let's play of Toby Fox's Earthbound hack that isn't the one in the archives? I'm looking for more showcase than trying to be funny over top of the game.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

xoFcitcrA posted:

So far as I can tell, Beagle is one-of-a-kind. Though you might want to give Aavak a try. He's pleasant to listen to and tackles a lot of strategy and 4x games, as well as a few roguelikes. I haven't seen him grandmaster any particular game, but he plays strategy with a universally high level of skill even on the few occasions he goes in blind.

I actually had Aavak on my subscriptions; I think I added him a while ago while looking for Dankest Dungeon videos but completely forgot he does other stuff as well. Thanks for the reminder.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Are there any good Pillars of Eternity LPs? I'm not really interested in the challenge run thread here.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
If you aren't watching slowbeef's Wifestreams already, please, for the love of whatever deity you worship, do so. They get uploaded to youtube, too. Definitely check out their playthrough of Catherine, a game fittingly about relationships and cheating. They have amazing banter.
slowbeef's wife hasn't really played videogames or been much on the internet before this whole streaming thing, but she sure can troll with the best of them.

:v: "Now Vincent can pursue his dreams of streaming games professionally and jerking off to anime."
:j: Yeah!
:v: Wait, but Vincent IS anime!
:j: Vincent is DarkSeedPhil.
:v: D'you think that.... Do you think that, like.... Anime jerks off to us? :420:
:j: Yeah
:v: ....okay. Anyway-
:j: Heyy, uhm, you wanna get in bed and watch some hentai?
:v: .... What'd you say?
:j: Do you wanna get in bed.... watch some hentai? :heysexy:
:v: Thaaat's my plan!

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Edmond Dantes posted:

I actually had Aavak on my subscriptions; I think I added him a while ago while looking for Dankest Dungeon videos but completely forgot he does other stuff as well. Thanks for the reminder.

Sadly, Darkest Dungeon is one of his blind runs. Now I'm on board with this, though. Anyone know of someone running DD with PRO STRATS?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

xoFcitcrA posted:

Sadly, Darkest Dungeon is one of his blind runs. Now I'm on board with this, though. Anyone know of someone running DD with PRO STRATS?

Well,there is this one Twitch streamer named Billy1Kirby who streams DD pretty regularly and is pretty darn good at it. His FTL stuff's pretty cool,too.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

VolticSurge posted:

Well,there is this one Twitch streamer named Billy1Kirby who streams DD pretty regularly and is pretty darn good at it. His FTL stuff's pretty cool,too.

Wow. Just checked out his YouTube channel and he really is like the Beaglerush of FTL. I started watching his Kestral A tutorial and he is operating on a different level. There's a lot of FTL I would normally chalk up to luck but, like with Beagle and XCOM, taking the game seriously enough and approaching it from the right perspective changes everything. Neat!

edit: he does not highly value the weapon pre-igniter :psyduck: But he doesn't need it. I just watched him beat all three phases of the final FTL boss on hard and only take one (1) point of damage.

edit2: warning- he hums the music of any game he's playing constantly. aargh

xoFcitcrA fucked around with this message at 13:01 on May 27, 2016

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Anyone know of an entertaining playthrough of Uncharted 4? There are like a thousand playthroughs on Youtube of course, but which of those is worth my time?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I doubt you could find any good day-one ones, but you could always wait for Chip and Ironicus to run it in like two or three years :v:

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
The Uncharted 4 LP is actually gonna be way sooner than you think... :0

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
So... 1 year?

Edit: I do jest. I'm looking forward to it.

Beelerzebub fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 29, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Beelerzebub posted:

So... 1 year?

Edit: I do jest. I'm looking forward to it.

If you look closely, you'll notice that Uncharted 4 has been uploaded already for three weeks.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a decent Don't Starve Together thing? A stream uploaded onto youtube or an actual LP is fine.

HHammond
Dec 25, 2011
Anyone able to point me in the direction of a good introductory SSLP for Dwarf Fortress for a complete novice? Know very little about the game but would like to learn the basics before delving into some of the succession threads.

Shaded Spriter
Mar 27, 2010

Highwang posted:

Is there a good Dark Souls 3 LP out there yet? Tried watching 2BFP and ENB but I just couldn't get into them for some reason.

I would also recommend Kay plays Dark Souls 3.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's pretty good so far, be be warned it doesn't have a fixed schedule and is kinda advancing at a snails pace due to how meticulous she's being.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

RareAcumen posted:

If you look closely, you'll notice that Uncharted 4 has been uploaded already for three weeks.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a decent Don't Starve Together thing? A stream uploaded onto youtube or an actual LP is fine.

I just looked on their youtube channel and chipandironicus.com and it wasn't on either of those.

To answer your second question, I've looked but haven't found one that I really enjoyed.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Is there a decent non-SA LP out there for Until Dawn? There's one theoretically going here but the update pace is teetering forever on the verge of archival so I'm not sanguine that it's going to get finished. I've tried the Two Best Friends Play one and...ugh. No thank you.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

malkav11 posted:

Is there a decent non-SA LP out there for Until Dawn? There's one theoretically going here but the update pace is teetering forever on the verge of archival so I'm not sanguine that it's going to get finished. I've tried the Two Best Friends Play one and...ugh. No thank you.

Achievement Hunter? They talk all over the cutscenes but it's subtitled. And they fix the audio balance after the first part.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

GuavaMoment posted:

Achievement Hunter? They talk all over the cutscenes but it's subtitled. And they fix the audio balance after the first part.

Might do if I can't find anything better but they're blocking a substantial part of the video with a pointless facecam inset which I find super distracting. :(

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

malkav11 posted:

Might do if I can't find anything better but they're blocking a substantial part of the video with a pointless facecam inset which I find super distracting. :(

Yeah I know, sometimes I put sticky notes on my screen to block the facecam section on videos.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you're gonna watch someone play Until Dawn with a facecam you may as well go with someone less annoying (I will always rep HarshlyCritical, always).

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

CJacobs posted:

If you're gonna watch someone play Until Dawn with a facecam you may as well go with someone less annoying (I will always rep HarshlyCritical, always).

Well, at least he's edited the facecam bit down to just his head. And the lower left's better than the upper right. That's something.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQmTDdnXuNw

2 best friends also did a full LP of it if you would rather just nix the facecam entirely

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
He said in his first post he really hated that one for some reason.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

HGH posted:

He said in his first post he really hated that one for some reason.
It might be because they're endless yammering and yelling; some people aren't really looking for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I figured it was just their brand of humor that rubbed them the wrong way.
Thing is I can't think of an Until Dawn LP/stream that isn't really noisy. The game really gets people talking, and since all the characters have such pronounced personalities it usually elicits some loud reactions.
Does this work?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA17sy5uV2g