Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Drakes posted:

Hit detection with Zarya's primary feels weird to me, its like the collision is drat tight or something.

That's because it is, Zarya's laser really doesn't want to do damage if you just scrim an enemy hitbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

el B posted:

This thread moves entirely too loving fast, so sorry if this has been posted already.

This game is loving fun.

:yeah:

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Drakes posted:

Its alittle rough when enemies are TOO close to you as roadhog if you're not super accurate and twitchy. Gotta make those shots count and quick.

Hit detection with Zarya's primary feels weird to me, its like the collision is drat tight or something.

it takes a lot of getting used to. I miss with it like 50% of the time still and she's one of my primary tanks.

A lot of Roadhogs kind of panic when people get close to them, which kind of makes them easy to fight as tracer. If he lands one hook on you you're dead though (assuming they know their combo)

a cock shaped fruit posted:

I may never get another cool thing in my overwatch career, but at least now I know I could have won the lottery, but instead exhausted my luck on cool ball chucking robot men.

For the first 13 levels I got nothing but sprays and icons, and then my 14th box gave me that skin. I don't even play zenyatta but now i'm like drat maybe I should.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Ugh good widowmakers really drive up my saltiness, feels like I'm no longer allowed to play anyone with less than 400 hp or direct combat .

Back Hack posted:

That's because it is, Zarya's laser really doesn't want to do damage if you just scrim an enemy hitbox.

Its hit detection feels really weird coming from other characters with automatics, sometimes I get the killcam and its like I do no damage at all.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I had to report a guy for using hate speech, just now, and I realized that that was the first time I'd seen someone doing that in about 8 hours of gameplay since release.

Glad to know that Overwatch is unlikely to end up a toxic community.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Brannock posted:

I had to report a guy for using hate speech, just now, and I realized that that was the first time I'd seen someone doing that in about 8 hours of gameplay since release.

Glad to know that Overwatch is unlikely to end up a toxic community.

Luckily there's less time to type in a shooter than in a moba, which helps some of that

I've seen plenty of super pissy people but not much racism or homophobic stuff yet though which is better than most online games for sure

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah the lack of "gently caress u human being" and associated garbage in chat is a real breath of fresh air. I'm kind of amazed.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
In just my second game I got PotG as Soldier 76 by leading the final charge on the objective and killing three folks that were standing on the point.

I also spent much of that game lost.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Letting pubs pick their own heroes is a good argument against democracy.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
I've gotten called "friend of the family" three times so far. Almost all of my games have ended with someone throwing around "cu.ck" or "salt" because they don't know any other words, which I guess is an improvement?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

fadam posted:

But if we go from each according to their ability, we're going to have a lot of spectators.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

The Shortest Path posted:

Yeah the lack of "gently caress u human being" and associated garbage in chat is a real breath of fresh air. I'm kind of amazed.

I've just had people getting pissed at us for losing. Hey it's a game, sometimes you lose, boys.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Just had a match in which I saw the best Torbjörn POTG I've ever seen. I think maybe four or five of us got sucked into Zaryas not-black hole, and that little fucker saved every one of us by just spamming e and emptying his scrap bar. Was hilarious.

Shadalator
Oct 22, 2005

I hate her so much. Vince could've married some young hot gold digger, bought her everything she ever wanted, and still saved tens of millions of dollars. Instead he married an old dumb zombie woman who kicked JR in the nuts. What a bitch
I try not to be a dick but if your career profile: eliminations per life, top heroes have a 1 or below... You're garbage and I hate you.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I just switched to Genji for the first time ever to deal with bastion

my god, so beautiful

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I went ahead and bought this on PC after trying the PS4 version and liking it. I feel like I'm just gonna be bad and get yelled at. Just gonna play Mercy all the time cause she was super fun to play.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Capsaicin posted:

I went ahead and bought this on PC after trying the PS4 version and liking it. I feel like I'm just gonna be bad and get yelled at. Just gonna play Mercy all the time cause she was super fun to play.

nobody yells much yet. everyone is terrible. I watched a Mercy jump off a cliff to her death. no one was shooting at her. No one was near her. Just death. why mercy. why

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Brannock posted:

Yeah I figured but I work with a mouse and keyboard for a living and my main hobby outside work is PC gaming and I've never had issues with RSI or anything. Is he gripping the mouse super hard or something? Use a loose grip and don't tense up. Make sure your arms are properly aligned with the desk and you're in a good posture.

If anything repeated rapid small movements with your wrist or fingers are more likely to trigger RSI than broad elbow/shoulder-oriented movements, especially since it's much harder to be precise with quick small movements than it is to be precise with a big sweep

I guess I'll just be the dumbass and ask you to define 'properly aligned with the desk', 'cos the way my chair comfortably sits I rest my elbow on the armrest and my lower arm has to rise up slightly above parallel to reach the mouse (i.e. the desk is high). If I raise the chair so my lower arm is parallel with the desk my seating position isn't as comforttable (my legs dangle a touch)

(ed) seriouspost by the way, i wasn't kidding about not really getting good ergonomics. I do software dev for a living, you'd think I would have learned that somewhere along the way, but newp

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 25, 2016

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Soothing Vapors posted:

nobody yells much yet. everyone is terrible. I watched a Mercy jump off a cliff to her death. no one was shooting at her. No one was near her. Just death. why mercy. why

it was a mercy kill?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

how do these wings work let's try it out

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I didn't get much hate speech, just the occasional salty rear end in a top hat and bastion bitching. Plus me, desperately trying to tell people to MOVE THE CART MOVE IT STOP KILLING PEOPLE AROUND THE CART

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Soldier 76 is frustrating. You do so much damage doing burst attacks, but hold down your fire a little too long and your shots go every which way.

Just requires discipline, I guess.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

fadam posted:

though I do appreciate how the game lets everybody know during the choose phase whether or not your team will most likely get stomped because no one picked support or a tank.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Gottta confess I sort of want to buy 50 loot boxes tto try for a good Junkrat skin

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Maybe we're nicer here in Europe, because the only times I've seen people use chat it has been to compliment someone (even on the other team)!

Brannock posted:

I think you're misreading my posts though, or else reading too much meanness in them.

Your avatar isn't doing you any favors, I keep reading all your posts as sarcastic :v:

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Soldier 76 is frustrating. You do so much damage doing burst attacks, but hold down your fire a little too long and your shots go every which way.

Just requires discipline, I guess.

I take it you have not played any of valve software's "count or strike" video games?

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Got a 5 man rez today during the last 18 seconds of the game. Felt so good.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

super macho dude posted:

though I do appreciate how the game lets everybody know during the choose phase whether or not your team will most likely get stomped because no one picked support or a tank.

which leads the chaos tracer to bitch that "no one picked tank/support UUUUGH" instead of him himself doing it because he has a sick k/d and is helping the team a lot by picking off the other chaos tracers instead of defending the point or the payload or

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Soothing Vapors posted:

I just switched to Genji for the first time ever to deal with bastion

my god, so beautiful

Welcome to the Light

Your Computer posted:

Your avatar isn't doing you any favors, I keep reading all your posts as sarcastic :v:

They are but yeah probably making it worse

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I keep getting loading screens then "you are going to be kicked!" then getting kicked for inactivity, from a loading screen...? Now I've got a penalty for being a "leaver". Anyone know how to fix this?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So. I finally gave Mei a real honest shot.

And she finally clicked.

She is incredible jesus christ

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

When you're really on point with Zarya it's a glorious thing isn't it? She's incredibly good in the right hands. Her primary is pretty difficult but when it all comes together the synergy she has is insane.

Also just out of curiosity what is the difference between quick games and competitive pre season or whatever? I haven't figured that. I don't care to ever take this game seriously but I'm wondering where that mode is hidden.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Macaluso posted:

And she finally clicked.

She's basically a war criminal with how frustratingly evil she can be 1v1 or even 1v2, yeah

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Mei is good but after a certain level of play she's not as good a choice anymore which makes me sad

It's the same with Hanzo, after a certain point Widowmaker just makes him a bad choice

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Kelp Plankton posted:

Mei is good but after a certain level of play she's not as good a choice anymore which makes me sad

It's the same with Hanzo, after a certain point Widowmaker just makes him a bad choice

Widowmaker/McCree feel way ahead of other characters with how decisive and frontloaded their damage is. They are also the most characters I hate dealing with most.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

welp guess i gotta learn how to play pharah

quoting myself because ok game i loving get it i'll play pharah

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Ciaphas posted:

Gottta confess I sort of want to buy 50 loot boxes tto try for a good Junkrat skin

If it's a legendary skin you want just save gold for it. You will get enough gold for a legendary skin eventually, it's not bad.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kelp Plankton posted:

the point where mei stops being a good choice is almost certainly beyond the skill level of the vast majority of posteres in this thread, myself included. no you probably dont want to run a mei on numbani offense but not every character is good for every map (or even every control point within a map), the concept of "maining" in this game is stupid unless you're like Vallutaja and a mccree savant. mei is a plenty good character in some situations.

unlike d.va.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Macaluso posted:

And she finally clicked.

This is how I feel about a bunch of classes. Then there are all these characters I can tell I need to be better at the game before I can be effective with them. And then there are a bunch I haven't even tried (Mei being one actually).

This game is amazing.

I finally tried symmetra and I even had a blast playing her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

quoting myself because ok game i loving get it i'll play pharah

This is the first thing I'm buying when I (inevitably) get enough coins. It's so good.