Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

is it related to scooby doo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Droyer posted:

what does scoodenfroody mean?

It's German

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Droyer posted:

It's a shipping term.

Scooby Doo x Fred

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Motto posted:

it was a joke about being a secondary fan of your balls. it was bad

Well done

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Droyer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3_DjiLLDfo

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Scoodenfroody is the funny way to say schadenfreude

EDIT: Well

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I'm glad you approve, Darker Porpoise.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

specifically i mean stuff like the massive mountain death megathread these forums have, where posters cheer and celebrate the death of climbers attempting everest, because its the wrong kind of mountain

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ChubbyThePhat posted:

For the sake of our wallets.

If it was for the sake of my wallet they would be coming out on the same month, saving me on shipping expenses.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

specifically i mean stuff like the massive mountain death megathread these forums have, where posters cheer and celebrate the death of climbers attempting everest, because its the wrong kind of mountain

i thought that kinda stopped after there was an actual giant accident last year

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Motto posted:

i thought that kinda stopped after there was an actual giant accident last year

no, they were liveposting it

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm glad you approve, Darker Porpoise.

Thanks, boom boom boom

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

Thanks boom boom boom

too far man

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

i stopped going to imgur because the frontpage got incredibly awful and gbs is now exactly like that

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dangerous Person posted:

Thanks boom boom boom

Our names are not even remotely alike!!!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

they just made another thread again, its like the fourth incarnation of the mountain death megathread

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Droyer posted:

too far man

Sasuga, Droyer.

I mean, wait, gently caress.

Thanks, Droyer.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Who would do that

*nervously swipes sweat from brow

lol that's hosed up

*laughs nervously

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why does this stupid island have two chocolate museums and two trick art museums.

What the gently caress.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

my entire ideology, in meme form:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I've never actually run across anyone who describes themselves as a touhou fan without having played the games. I hear people describe themselves as fans of the music, or of the doujin work surrounding it, but that's a different claim. By what you're saying, Sharky, those that enjoy Ride of the Valkyries are lame if they haven't seen the Ring Cycle, which is an odd sentiment (though they would be wrong if they claimed to be Wagner fans).

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Stexils posted:

i stopped going to imgur because the frontpage got incredibly awful and gbs is now exactly like that

i was surprised to learn that imgur had a social media aspect to it, I just knew it as the place where I could rehost images without signing up/logging in

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I would buy a Criterion Collection edition of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Motto posted:

i was surprised to learn that imgur had a social media aspect to it, I just knew it as the place where I could rehost images without signing up/logging in

Is there more to it than a comments section?

I just tend to view Imgur as an extension of Reddit.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

anyone who claims to be a wagner fan is wrong by default

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

In my defense I thought it was just a dark goofy joke but then I realized that people in that thread take a very perverse pleasure in people dying on Everest.

Whenever people seriously talk about mountain climbing and poo poo though it's a good thread.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Speaking of Wagner, did the updated Grim Grimoire ever come out in the West?

I remember a lot of people being excited about it, but then at some point I stopped hearing about it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I've never actually run across anyone who describes themselves as a touhou fan without having played the games. I hear people describe themselves as fans of the music, or of the doujin work surrounding it, but that's a different claim. By what you're saying, Sharky, those that enjoy Ride of the Valkyries are lame if they haven't seen the Ring Cycle, which is an odd sentiment (though they would be wrong if they claimed to be Wagner fans).

Valkyrie's is a specific movement of an opera, so if you say you a fan of that specific movement isn't odd at all I think. People say they are fans of singular songs all the time, but they actually listen to that song which is why they like it, and if they didn't listen to it it would be lame.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Is there more to it than a comments section?

I just tend to view Imgur as an extension of Reddit.

i didn't know that imgur comments were a thing, or that it had anything to do with reddit. I'm still not quite sure what imgur has to do with reddit.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The game got pretty laggy and by the end game I was just spamming potions to deal with the loving slimes and magicians but apparently they've updated a lot of stuff so it might be really fun.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

I would buy a Criterion Collection edition of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

same

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

im watching ep2 of symphogear

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy it.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Motto posted:

i didn't know that imgur comments were a thing, or that it had anything to do with reddit. I'm still not quite sure what imgur has to do with reddit.

quote:

Designed to be a gift to the online community of Reddit,[3] it took off almost instantly, jumping from a thousand hits per day to a million total page views in the first five months.[4] Imgur became widely recognized following its rise to popularity on social media websites such as Facebook, Reddit and Digg.[5] In October 2012, Imgur expanded its functionality to allow users to directly share images to Imgur instead of requiring images to gain enough attraction through other social media sites like Reddit to show up on the popular image gallery.[6]

Though to be honest I just mainly connect the two cause pretty much every image link in Reddit is hosted on Imgur.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sharkopath posted:

Valkyrie's is a specific movement of an opera, so if you say you a fan of that specific movement isn't odd at all I think. People say they are fans of singular songs all the time, but they actually listen to that song which is why they like it, and if they didn't listen to it it would be lame.

And touhou secondaries actually read the doujins and listen to the music, I'm pretty sure. That's what the term means, they're fans of the secondary work, and they consume it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Every time I see the Winter Woods thumbnail on Kissmanga I keep thinking of it as a Attack on Titan doujin cause the dude on the thumbnail looks like a Levi knockoff to me.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

This episode is why I ship Rin x Umi.

It's called the UmiNeko ship, I have decided.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

good advice for anyone trying to scale everest. bring a few douj with you to keep the tent warm

• Locked thread