Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Clap posted:

So, just pulled this out of a level up loot box:

:O

I want that a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

The Clap posted:

i hate you

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

TheTatteredKing posted:

So if Dva is totally actually super good you guys no really, how am I supposed to be using her guns? I guess there's some trick to it like getting the one shot kill on all body types with the scrap gun. Because holy gently caress the cannons seem to do Torbjorn turret dps.

You also basically •have• to get crits to be effective, so aiming matters. This is one of the reasons D.Va needs work; you need to be right up in their grill, aiming for a small head hitbox, in order to deal the same amount of damage that most other heroes do to her before accounting for her easy-to-hit crit area in her center of mass.

She's fun to play, not good. I'll stop whining about her in the fun thread, though.

Day three of not being able to play. Happy dreams of playing become nightmares when waking, since I have two more days to go.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I cant wait for someone to spend 600 dollars on loot crates and screenshot every single first person view for eveery skin because thats the sort of visual information I need before I spend my precious coins.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Clap posted:

Congratulations, you got one of the best skins in the game.

and the only thing that'll get me to play Reaper but god drat do I want that skin.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zzulu posted:

can you imagine what this man looks like without his armor on?

Look at it this way: at least Rob Liefeld learned how to draw feet.

E: I got the sorry sorry mei voice line out of like my third loot box and I couldn't be happier.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

The Clap posted:

I also got this skin, at like level 6, but I am so atrociously bad with reaper I feel I can't do the skin justice :smith:

the detail on his skull mask is amazing though :allears:

nerox
May 20, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

I cant wait for someone to spend 600 dollars on loot crates and screenshot every single first person view for eveery skin because thats the sort of visual information I need before I spend my precious coins.

Just think about how cool you will look dying in all the kill cams.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I got the Joker Junkrat skin and it's very cool and good. Thank you game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i havent actually gotten one legendary skin yet since launch

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Eonwe posted:

i havent actually gotten one legendary skin yet since launch

You get some of you preordered the origins edition but they're kinda crap. The S76 one is all right because it doesn't change his voice so it's like this 30 year old guy who smoked turpentine-dipped coffin nails since he was 10. The Pharah one is some desert camo stuff and the Widow one is a skin for the most useless character in the game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

You get some of you preordered the origins edition but they're kinda crap. The S76 one is all right because it doesn't change his voice so it's like this 30 year old guy who smoked turpentine-dipped coffin nails since he was 10. The Pharah one is some desert camo stuff and the Widow one is a skin for the most useless character in the game.

Widows really good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Overgrown Bastion, Slipstream Tracer, and whatever Pharah look cool. The rest are pretty eh. Noire Widow I think you get from just pre-ordering in any version.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Does hanzo's arrows do 125?

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I got the legendary Antique bastion skin from my level term loot box. :(

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Widows really good.

Yeah, but it's good because she is wearing sensible clothing for a change.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

TheTatteredKing posted:

Does hanzo's arrows do 125?

And does your pull strength affect damage, or just arc / distance?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lumpy posted:

And does your pull strength affect damage, or just arc / distance?

Damage

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

DFoes anyone have the link to that 3d map view thing that showes medpack locations? Unless Im just imaginingt that.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8V7w9FLeNQ

I never got around to installing a webm converter

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I wish you could move stuff around the UI. I love playing Zarya but you have to be absolutely on point with her skills. She lives and dies by her shields so having the cooldown information closer to your aiming reticle would go a long way.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

FAUXTON posted:

Reaper's skin is amazing because he's a regular dude that's ~~~~edgy as gently caress~~~~ and turns into shadows and poo poo!

BTW reaper talk: he's not that hard to play. Always be flanking and abuse your E to come from unexpected angles. Don't aim for heads, but do shoot from close range. Shooting from middle range doesn't do good damage but you'll always hit a few pellets so it's ok to finish someone off.

Don't use your Shift to charge head on, that's dumb and will result in your dead. Yes not even if you have ult, if a team sees a Reaper charging them they're just going to spread and headshot you as soon as you pop out. E to a weird angle then drop onto them instead.

Basically just learn to use E, otherwise just play McCree.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Donnerberg posted:

I'm not going to say you can't heal your telepad because I have never tried, but I'm pretty sure the turrets have 1 HP. Everything one shots them. McCree's flashbang can probably kill them.

I can't decide whether my favorite moment yesterday was single handedly stopping a high noon with Mercy's pistol or launching a tracer off the map just as she reached the capture point with junkrat. This game is so fun.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
Managed to get Mercy's devil skin on my third ever loot crate

I think i just used all my RNG luck for years.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Reaper's skin is amazing because he's a regular dude that's ~~~~edgy as gently caress~~~~ and turns into shadows and poo poo!

BTW reaper talk: he's not that hard to play. Always be flanking and abuse your E to come from unexpected angles. Don't aim for heads, but do shoot from close range. Shooting from middle range doesn't do good damage but you'll always hit a few pellets so it's ok to finish someone off.

Don't use your Shift to charge head on, that's dumb and will result in your dead. Yes not even if you have ult, if a team sees a Reaper charging them they're just going to spread and headshot you as soon as you pop out. E to a weird angle then drop onto them instead.

in addition, best use of your shadowform is to use it to retreat to a health pack, often the other person will pursue even after you hurt them, and then you get a health advantage and finish them off.

then teleport across the map so you are gone when they come back for revenge and repeat.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Samara posted:

Managed to get Mercy's devil skin on my third ever loot crate .

"Heroes never die.... for a price."

Devil Mercy shows no mercy, you will play this game for eternity because of her.

I wish all legendary skins had alt audio.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
I think I've played Tracer too much. Every other hero now feels like they're moving at a glacial pace.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Good post.

He also synergizes very, very well with Reinhardt`s or Zarya`s ulti (then again.... anything does with Zarya's), Prep teleport --> RH ultis --> Press q --> get potg.

DeusExMchna
Nov 9, 2013

2 thicc 2 exist
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Carwash posted:

I think I've played Tracer too much. Every other hero now feels like they're moving at a glacial pace.

Thats me and Pharah. I'm so used to using my rocket boost to get everywhere, that playing any other hero feels like my feet are glued to the ground

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DeusExMchna posted:

Thats me and Pharah. I'm so used to using my rocket boost to get everywhere, that playing any other hero feels like my feet are glued to the ground

Same! I've played too much Pharah so other characters feel so vulnerable. Walking around on the ground like some kind of peasant feels really weird, and it's probably my only problem with Mei.

Junkrat's bomb jump and D.Va's boosters are alternatives I can live with though.

all the ladies say I
Aug 24, 2005

Acción de Espionaje Táctico
This game is a ton of fun to play alone and with friends. But god drat is it boring to watch, there is going to be a huge competitive scene and I can't imagine watching a minute of it

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So is there, like, a thread for the Discord? Could whoever's running it, like, explicitly mark some channels as EU or US? It's really annoying to have to sort this poo poo out every time.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Inquisitive Banana posted:

This game is a ton of fun to play alone and with friends. But god drat is it boring to watch, there is going to be a huge competitive scene and I can't imagine watching a minute of it

Thousands of people watch a small 3d character repeatedly and spastically move left and right across the screen for mobas.

This game at least has entertaining visuals and entertaining gameplay.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Your Computer posted:

Same! I've played too much Pharah so other characters feel so vulnerable. Walking around on the ground like some kind of peasant feels really weird, and it's probably my only problem with Mei.

Junkrat's bomb jump and D.Va's boosters are alternatives I can live with though.

Sometimes I just find pharah too frustrating to play if other team has a good 76/mccree/widow. Rockets are fun but god drat getting shut down when abit airbourne is rough.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I got that blue hockey getup for Lucio last night and decided "I hate healers, but lets try this guy because this skin looks solid".

Lucio is the bomb and I will now play the poo poo out of him.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Oh that's right, Reaper has that "What a CODBLOPS character named Reyes would look like" skin. Same voice thing as S76, shame they didn't have him voiced by Luis Guzman or Benicio Del Toro for it.

Comedy option naturally being John Leguizamo reprising his Chi Chi Rodriguez role.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

whatspeakyou posted:

I got that blue hockey getup for Lucio last night and decided "I hate healers, but lets try this guy because this skin looks solid".

he owns

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im glad I have another game where I can just hook people all day into bottomless pits

also gently caress bastions

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

whatspeakyou posted:

the blue hockey skin is p. great yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Thor-Stryker posted:

Thousands of people watch a small 3d character repeatedly and spastically move left and right across the screen for mobas.

This game at least has entertaining visuals and entertaining gameplay.

The difference is you can follow what is happening during one of them.