Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

mcmagic posted:

It's a really bad card too.

I'm going to love when nerds try to draft fancy because there's some cool nerd decks and I win the 75$ draft with a glorified lava axe due to them not having 'creatures'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Especially since it doesn't resemble old Rorix that much.

Which is a shame when Bladewing the Risen and Tarox Bladewing kept the whole spindly neck thing going. Rorix is now just "a dragon." Perhaps with a longer neck than usual but not distinctly.

Yea he was one of my favorite dragons back in the day.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Skyl3lazer posted:

I'm going to love when nerds try to draft fancy because there's some cool nerd decks and I win the 75$ draft with a glorified lava axe due to them not having 'creatures'

I guess if you can cheat it into play in a GY deck it might be OK but you're not gonna be casting this guy for 6 and feeling good about it in this format.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mcmagic posted:

I guess if you can cheat it into play in a GY deck it might be OK but you're not gonna be casting this guy for 6 and feeling good about it in this format.

How do you know so much about this format?

E: fwiw I can't imagine rorix being a bad card in normal limited(as opposed to a high powered cube). It's a 6 mana 6/5 hasty flier.

Elyv fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 25, 2016

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core

mcmagic posted:

Spending 6 on a 6 mana 6/5 haste flier is good in most formats??????

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Not really so much as asking just what happens if it's not an easily identifiable fake.

That's more what I was looking for. The steps of going to vendors seems super time consuming.

Sure it might be time consuming, just a thought that in general I'd trust a reputable vendor that probably has received counterfeit cards and has some motivation to be able to detect them vs. a judge trying to resolve a dispute and the judges primary motivation is A. do the right thing B. not DQ people unless he is super positive that it is justified.

Judges in general probably err on the side of caution in regard to big penalties, of which using counterfeit cards would be. It is at best going to ruin someones decklist by forcing them to replace the cards with basics (p.sure thats the remedy?) middle ground is remove them from the event, severe end is DQ them for cheating if the judge smells intent and possibly getting a DCI ban for some period of time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Elyv posted:

How do you know so much about this format?

E: fwiw I can't imagine rorix being a bad card in normal limited(as opposed to a high powered cube). It's a 6 mana 6/5 hasty flier.

This format looks much more like cube to me so far.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mcmagic posted:

This format looks much more like cube to me so far.

We've seen like 5 commons and 3 uncommons.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

mcmagic posted:

Do you mean in limited or constructed? 6cmc 6/5 flying haste is a loving bomb in limited.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Elyv posted:

The pit fighter legends used to be so drat cool and now they're so drat bad :(

Arcanis is still awesome

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

mcmagic posted:

And this is why you will lose to my 6/5 hasty flying dragon as you cast a cabal therapy and name counterspell

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

After the high-angle shot of his original art, we get a low angle and a Dude For Scale.

So he is in fact huge.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

jassi007 posted:

Do you mean in limited or constructed? 6cmc 6/5 flying haste is a loving bomb in limited.

Really bad in constructed and I bet it's just OK in this limited format.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Two cascade cards makes me hopeful for a shardless reprint.

~~REPOST THIS IS YOU'RE A YOUNG BLACK TIM WHO DONT NEED NO HAT~~

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Elyv posted:

The pit fighter legends used to be so drat cool and now they're so drat bad :(

Can I change my post from a few pages ago?

This is the rare I hope I open when I buy a 20 dollar pack!

New Maelstrom Wanderer is pretty neat but I'm not too keen on the art.

Skyl3lazer posted:

Okay I have no idea what this set is attempting to accomplish anymore.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Really bad in constructed and I bet it's just OK in this limited format.

I will make a bet with you on this if we can come up with a way to define goodness in the limited format and also define words like "okay".

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Definitely starting to shy further and further away from this set.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Skyl3lazer posted:

At least make it look somewhat like the old art. This is so bad

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

This set is getting sweeter by the spoiler I can't loving wait to draft it tbqh (serious post)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Elyv posted:

I will make a bet with you on this if we can come up with a way to define goodness in the limited format and also define words like "okay".

It's not gonna be a first pick in draft.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I can't wait to do online practice drafts of this site and never draft it for real because I don't feel like paying $60 to play the jace lottery with crappy prize support.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Gonna draft giant tortoises and tims for days.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Hymn 2 Tupac @ uncommon

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
non lovely hymn foils woop woop!

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
The cards in this set are good and the art in this set is bad.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Oop, called it! (not that it's a surprise) Shardless @ Rare

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mcmagic posted:

It's not gonna be a first pick in draft.

According to who and at what point in the format and how do you define "first pick"? For instance, I suspect it will be better than the vast majority of uncommons but I could believe that a few are better than it.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
I think the only way mcmagic is right about Rorix is with regard to the casting cost being too restrictive (ie: if EMA is a draft format where decks that can fairly cast a 3RRR top end bomb can't actually make it to 6 mana without being way behind/dead because red-heavy decks suck), not because the power level isn't there.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Not really so much as asking just what happens if it's not an easily identifiable fake.

That's more what I was looking for. The steps of going to vendors seems super time consuming.

Do you go to a vendor every time fakes are accused and you can't tell? Do you ask them to check the whole deck? Do you tell the player that's why you're looking because you probably need to unsleeve at least a couple cards to start with anyways?

I just can't imagine this being worth it basically any time where it wasn't incredibly obvious, and if I owned a legacy/vintage deck I would be incredibly upset to find out it was unsleeved without my knowledge because someone said the cards might be fake.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm not a Limited pro by any means, but I feel like if any card in this set needed to be rare to make Limited less awful it's Hymn. Unless Reanimator and Threshold are going to be really good Limited strats.

Also no wolf shirt art :(

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Skyl3lazer posted:

Hymn 2 Tupac @ uncommon

The art in this set is such garbage. I know there's possibly royalty issues with super old art and all that, but the VMA / FTV20 art for Hymn is so bad compared to any of the originals. Even the wolf shirt one.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
Hymn at uncommon is bad. Oi. That card is miserable to play against.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Hymn at uncommon. Sure. Why loving not.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Strictly worse anguished unmaking @ rare ^^^^

Wow you're not letting me finish my gimmick of posting card w/ joker names if you post them first!!

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Count Bleck posted:

Hymn at uncommon. Sure. Why loving not.

I only have 20 hymns, might as well get more.

Also gently caress yeah vindicate.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Skyl3lazer posted:

I see you've never screwed someone out of a color before.

We have such sights to show you.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I see you've never screwed someone out of a color before.

We have such sights to show you.

Finally played legacy again yesterday for the first time in a year. Junded my way to 4-1 and was happy wastelanding the gently caress out of people again. gently caress modern.

I lost to Omnitell. gently caress Omnitell still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Skyl3lazer posted:

Wow you're not letting me finish my gimmick of posting card w/ joker names if you post them first!!

Troll better please.

• Locked thread