Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
While I'm on the subject of Lucio, I discovered Reason #392 to love him last night:

When smarmy Roadhogs chain you into the pit, it's fun to imagine what their faces look like when they see your beat boxing rear end wall running back out of the pit. :smugbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

FAUXTON posted:

Oh that's right, Reaper has that "What a CODBLOPS character named Reyes would look like" skin. Same voice thing as S76, shame they didn't have him voiced by Luis Guzman or Benicio Del Toro for it.

Comedy option naturally being John Leguizamo reprising his Chi Chi Rodriguez role.

gently caress I forgot something for Reaper!

You can animation cancel out of your reload by doing a melee attack as soon as he drops his shotguns. This ends up being about as fast as reloading normally, but with a melee attack, so make it a reflex and you can still damage someone at close range (which you should be at, since Reaper) while recharging your death sticks.

Ok that's it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The best part about Reaper's Blackwatch skin is that of course he has a loving goatee under that skull mask :allears:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

FAUXTON posted:

Oh that's right, Reaper has that "What a CODBLOPS character named Reyes would look like" skin. Same voice thing as S76, shame they didn't have him voiced by Luis Guzman or Benicio Del Toro for it.

Comedy option naturally being John Leguizamo reprising his Chi Chi Rodriguez role.

If reaper was voiced by luis guzman i would never play another character ever

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

whatspeakyou posted:

While I'm on the subject of Lucio, I discovered Reason #392 to love him last night:

When smarmy Roadhogs chain you into the pit, it's fun to imagine what their faces look like when they see your beat boxing rear end wall running back out of the pit. :smugbert:

Lucio knows the pain of seeing people climb out of pits all too well.

Some new tracers don't realize you can recall from out-of-bounds though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer posted:

The best part about Reaper's Blackwatch skin is that of course he has a loving goatee under that skull mask :allears:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hugoon Chavez posted:

gently caress I forgot something for Reaper!

You can animation cancel out of your reload by doing a melee attack as soon as he drops his shotguns. This ends up being about as fast as reloading normally, but with a melee attack, so make it a reflex and you can still damage someone at close range (which you should be at, since Reaper) while recharging your death sticks.

Ok that's it.

Bastion automatically reloads his Gatling gun when switching out of turret mode. If you're playing him like a shoot and scoot character it's good to know because you can just dump a full mag and then leave. When you set up elsewhere you have a full mag again!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FAUXTON posted:

Bastion automatically reloads his Gatling gun when switching out of turret mode. If you're playing him like a shoot and scoot character it's good to know because you can just dump a full mag and then leave. When you set up elsewhere you have a full mag again!

Ah, yes. The old "Blow your load and hit the road" strategy.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Lucio knows the pain of seeing people climb out of pits all too well.

Is that a fabela joke because that's not nice.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lucio having 400 hp is really dumb and I love him.

But seriously who thought it was a good idea to have the aoe healer who runs around like Roadrunner have more hp than all but 3(?) characters in the game?

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

The Shortest Path posted:

But seriously who thought it was a good idea to have the aoe healer who runs around like Roadrunner have more hp than all but 3(?) characters in the game?

The gods of fun.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Is that a fabela joke because that's not nice.

oh snap

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016

He only has 200 though?

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Lucio is also great for shoving people into pits and off cliffs. I love camping the King of the Hill maps that have doors with narrow ledges next to them. Anybody trying to use that door just gets blasted off the map. I even got play of the game for it one time by killing multiple people that way.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

He has 200 hp

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

you were probably playing Arcade mode, which doubles HP

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hahah wow all those games I just played as him were on the brawl and I didn't even notice. :downs:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Imagine a world where Zenyatta has 300 hp

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hahah wow all those games I just played as him were on the brawl and I didn't even notice. :downs:

its okay, I hope you had fun!

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Rocked it last night with Zarya. Had a match where my average energy level was 57 and was just smoking people.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Brawl is hilarious because pharah can permanently stay in the air at max height during it. One finger one l2, the other tapping l1, and fire away.

Also people are surpisingly decent at this game. Beta did its' job i think.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

gannyGrabber posted:

Brawl is hilarious because pharah can permanently stay in the air at max height during it. One finger one l2, the other tapping l1, and fire away.

Also people are surpisingly decent at this game. Beta did its' job i think.

You still have the frequent pug with a rank 3-8 widow that keeps trying to cqc people and never snipes (or kills) anyone; the bastion standing at the most easily sniped position and continuously going back to it in spite of 30 deaths or the very noticeable "It's high n- blargh" but yeah.... the skill level is actually very surprising

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

WoodrowSkillson posted:

If reaper was voiced by luis guzman i would never play another character ever

I'm now sad because this is not the case.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
It's hosed up that I have to work until 8 instead of icewalling fools with Mei

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
So how do I actually do things with bouncy shot as Hanzo? Shoot it at the person? Their feet? I've been trying to tag people around corners with it and it's not doing anything.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Wales Grey posted:

So how do I actually do things with bouncy shot as Hanzo? Shoot it at the person? Their feet? I've been trying to tag people around corners with it and it's not doing anything.

Shoot at their feet.

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
The benefit of solo queue is getting in and out of matches quite quickly and without commitment, but the downside is you have to (so far, maybe the population will wise up eventually) play with people who don't seem to understand that the payload doesn't magically move by itself and you have stand next to it to make it move and that it also heals you.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Wales Grey posted:

Yeah, shoot at their feet. Or practice your vector mathematics to figure out the precise angle needed to launch it around corners.
Seriously though, it's a good finisher for someone you wound in a fight and they try to flee around a corner/down a highway.

Also a good 'oh poo poo' button against tanks. You'll get into the habit of 1v1 tanks at short range and winning IF you practice with the bouncy shot.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

overwatch protip: don't solo queue ever

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I have fun solo queuing. when in doubt just be Mercy

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
What's the deal with Mercy's ult? Is it line of sight or a certain range around you?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Zikan posted:

Shoot at their feet.

But specifically hit the ground in front of there feet, the closer to them without hitting them you are the better.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Solo queue is fun because I don't feel bad for learning new heroes or zoning out and just picking a hero I want to practice when everyone slam pick random attackers and go need support!!!!

DeusExMchna
Nov 9, 2013

2 thicc 2 exist
Lipstick Apathy
Solo queue is nice because if I'm playing poorly it's not goons I'm letting down :ohdear:

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing
How on earth is one to counter a pro Tracer? I've been on both teams now - in one, the other 5 of us hardly saw an enemy and the enemy team just spent the time chatting with us from spawn or getting picked off after stepping out. On the other, my blood pressure felt dangerously elevated.

I can counter them as a McCree perhaps once or twice until they wise up, then they git gud before my very eyes and it's back to square one.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

What's the deal with Mercy's ult? Is it line of sight or a certain range around you?

It seems like it has a range of 'the map'

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I got the Mach T Tracer skin but I'm really bad at her. Any tips?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

It's definitely a certain range, and not really all that big of one. I don't think it requires LoS, though. The "X Teammates Dead" indicator that shows up on Mercy's HUD when she has ult is the number of dead teammates in range, not the total number of dead teammates.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
im going to guess that for competitive play spectating they will do "eye in the sky" style ala SMITE and jump to characters as necessary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adonis Gunther
Mar 11, 2011

I still have not played with non-goons since release. At this point I think I can't go back.