Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

palette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ruggington posted:

the way pat pronounces quelana is actually upsetting me

and he's pronouncing quelaag as Kellogg and I don't know if he's doing it on purpose

kellogs booberry

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What kind of viewer numbers do the SBF streams get? I'm watching the archives for the demons souls stuff(setting it to 1.25 speed makes it a lot easier to watch) but the chat scrolls super fast even at regular speed.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Captain Invictus posted:

What kind of viewer numbers do the SBF streams get? I'm watching the archives for the demons souls stuff(setting it to 1.25 speed makes it a lot easier to watch) but the chat scrolls super fast even at regular speed.

They were like at 10th place the first time they streamed Demons' Souls. That's really good since they're not doing MOBAs or Minecraft, and there was some sort of tournament going on.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
drat, so what, like 5000+ concurrent viewers?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They regularly peak at 10k nowadays.

Pat is trolling or he legit has hearing problems, judging by every Gundam segment has him misprouncing every single name except oddly Kamille.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man, it'd probably be legit impossible for the guys but I really wish they could do a co-op LP of Mutants in Manhattan, it has a good vibe to it so far.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I want to see them play Vermintide.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think woolie might just be making new games for scrublords

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh man that brass telescope tech in that demon souls archive video 2

edit: OH MY GOD Chasing Dead episode 4

I can't think of a time when Matt just straight up malfunctions like he does when the humvee froze in place

Like he's not necessarily losing it but at the same time you can tell he's barely able to contain himself or process what is happening

what an incredible game

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:05 on May 25, 2016

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I really hope Woolie does play the Ninja Storm games; he can finish Naruto in a way that might actually be enjoyable on some level, then read the surprisingly decent one-shots that come after, which should be just enough for him to believe that maybe Boruto won't be that bad, just in time to watch it totally and completely poo poo the bed forever literally on its very first page.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I really hope Woolie does play the Ninja Storm games; he can finish Naruto in a way that might actually be enjoyable on some level, then read the surprisingly decent one-shots that come after, which should be just enough for him to believe that maybe Boruto won't be that bad, just in time to watch it totally and completely poo poo the bed forever literally on its very first page.
It can't possibly be that b-
NARUTO AND SASUKE ARE DEAD THE VILLAGE IS DESTROYED THE ENTIRE PAST GENERATION SUCKS AND I, TOTALLY RANDOM NEW VILLAIN AM WAAAAY BETTER THAN THEM
Jesus christ who approved this? Why?!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The glorious everlasting peace of Ninja Jesus lasts for half a generation.

Now let's go back several years so you can read how this promising cast of youngsters managed to ruin everything!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
chasing dead is the best lp they've ever done

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/735482938767380481
pat

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
pat

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Pat is huge now

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Matt said the new TMNT game sucks, and worse than Korra.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Tae posted:

Matt said the new TMNT game sucks, and worse than Korra.

sigh. :smith: I should've listened to him.

It's a fine game, but certainly not a 40 dollar game. I enjoyed Korra for what it was (fifteen dollar Platinum experience), it felt like a character action game while this one, well, it's closer to a beat-'em-up, you do objectives (most of the time hold b to disarm bombs), fight bad guys with what feels like the same moveset for every character, doesn't really feel like there's any reason to not be Mikey, and then you get to bosses, which again feel more beat 'em up than character action, since all the turtles are hanging around together you can't really focus as much on the tells, you see the orange flash and for me that's time to bail because with everyone else jumping around and taking hits I don't feel confident to stay for a perfect dodge that lets me do tons of damage. Bosses then turn more into resource management, like switch to a weak turtle so they get sent out of commission and eat pizza so they get a full health bar after half a minute instead of a quick revival where they'll go back to their shells after one hit.

The big pull is, of course, playing multiplayer with it, but good luck convincing people to put down fifty or forty bucks for a beat 'em up with not that many moves and ten stages? online is as dead as you'd imagine, possibly due to a far superior online multiplayer game coming out at the same time.

I'm really trying to cope with the fact that I could've saved these forty steam bucks and gotten a bunch of stuff i'm missing next steam sale. Wingnut is making it hard to do so.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

HGH posted:

NARUTO AND SASUKE ARE DEAD THE VILLAGE IS DESTROYED THE ENTIRE PAST GENERATION SUCKS AND I, TOTALLY RANDOM NEW VILLAIN AM WAAAAY BETTER THAN THEM

Y...you're joking, right?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dexie posted:

Y...you're joking, right?

Then it does the Dragon Ball Super thing of retelling the movie but worse.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I was confused because that wasn't remotely what I read back when Boruto debut, and it turns out what I read was the last thing Kishimoto wrote. The new whatever Boruto Generations is not by him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YngbHOz--oc

Oh, Mighty Number 9...

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Hey remember when Mighty Number 9's gimmick was that you were going to get small temporary upgrades and weapons from the parts of normal enemies you killed and THAT's how you'd get through the levels? Remember how that was the big cool thing they were kind of pitching the game with? I know it's why I backed it because that's a neat thing in a mega man style game.

Anyway turns out that poo poo got cut and none of that is gonna be in the final game.

gently caress Mighty No. 9.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That sure is a trailer I cringed at

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I got the...I think Nintendo cartridge shaped USB stick or whatever thing for mn9. I'm going to take it to the local trophy store and have a plinth made for it with "worst investment award" on it

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Captain Invictus posted:

I got the...I think Nintendo cartridge shaped USB stick or whatever thing for mn9. I'm going to take it to the local trophy store and have a plinth made for it with "worst investment award" on it

I dunno, I backed the homestuck kickstarter. I mean it wasn't more than $25 but poo poo.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

havenwaters posted:

I dunno, I backed the homestuck kickstarter. I mean it wasn't more than $25 but poo poo.

Hey, at least you got a bunch of King's Quest games you didn't ask for from that!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Okay, "worst investment that will actually finish making the product"???

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

havenwaters posted:

To be fair, reading Homestuck was the worst investment simply because of the time involved.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Okay, "worst investment that will actually finish making the product"???

You beat me to it, but CLANG, the Neil Stephenson sword fighting game, is probably the unqualified worst. But that was so obvious from the word go, it's forgettable.

MN9 is easily the most disappointing KS project to be completed, what a clusterfuck.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I won't pass complete judgement until it's out and playable, although at this point I don't know if I'll even play it since it's not what was advertised initially. It could still be a decent game in the end.

However, the way they've handled it is about as poorly as they could have possibly done so, short of outright illegal bullshit like the house buying guy, the pictures for sad children dude losing his mind and burning the books he was supposed to send out, or Far West which will never ever actually be an actual thing

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Or Star Citizen which rapidly oscillates between a scam for some sort of mafia or a scam for Chris Roberts to raise money for him to finally realize his Hollywood dreams, but either way that game is never coming out anywhere near what was promised, outlined, or however you want to call it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
At least entertainment in vast quantities has come from Star Citizen

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

HGH posted:

I think Shounen Jump is sweating a bit because for years they've kind of planted their feet on the three big long-running series (One Piece, Naruto and Bleach). Now Naruto is over, Bleach is consistently one of the lowest-rated manga out there because it's loving terrible, and a lot of the newer big hits like Assassination Classroom and, apparently, My Hero Academia actually have pacing that doesn't last for decades. This Naruto fanfic comic (because that's what it is, terrible fanfiction) looks like an attempt to wring blood from a stone.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You know what long running Jump series (although it no longer runs in Weekly) still rules

it's jojo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

You know what long running Jump series (although it no longer runs in Weekly) still rules

it's jojo

Ultra Jump doesn't count.

Jojo does rule though. The last chapter was amazing.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Andrast posted:

Ultra Jump doesn't count.

It's all Shueisha.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Chasing Dead truly is the Dark Souls of videogames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I can't believe Pat's dead