Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i wish they would make a new rondo of blood style 2d action game

alas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i only play multiplayer games because i have a strong competitive spirit and like to pwn noobs

I only play jrpgs because I am bad at video games and like to pwn slimes in the comfort of my dark and gloomy basement

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Smoking Crow posted:

i wish they would make a new rondo of blood style 2d action game

alas

Smae

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

El Burbo posted:

so you bought overwatch rigth

no. sorry i will not be able to carry you

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rondo of Blood is still my fav castlevania

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Srice posted:

He acts like there's very little difference when using Kickstarter, a lot of his plans make more sense from that angle.

even outside of KS there's stuff like Yaiba and that Kaio game getting announced and then canned years later without a whisper in-between.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Lemon-Lime posted:

She's good.

Unrelated but it's super cool that two of the best composers of video game music ever were women and they both worked on Castlevania games.

i own her art book it's really good

i learned she loves yaoi ballsack torture

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqww2bvf51g

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

dick carrying burbo while he himself rests on top of my strong and broad shoulders

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yaiba, the amazing ninja gaiden game where advertising was centered entirely around the main character being an edgy, unlikable prick

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Motto posted:

even outside of KS there's stuff like Yaiba and that Kaio game getting announced and then canned years later without a whisper in-between.

Yah

I'd love a tell-all book about what the heck is going on but that would never happen

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Colonel posted:

yaiba, the amazing ninja gaiden game where advertising was centered entirely around the main character being an edgy, unlikable prick

the voice acting of that game sounds like it was recorded in a trash can

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

other things i want but will probably never get:

darkstalkers 4

rival schools 3

svc: card fighters 3

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

makes me feel bad for Yuji Naka since prope's games have been at least decent but haven't found much success. Rodea's deal is especially sad.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
was the wii version of rodea good?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Wii Version of Rodea is actually alright, yeah

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

pff

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Colonel posted:

was the wii version of rodea good?

i've only played a little but it seems neat, certainly not as bad as the WiiU/3DS versions apparently are.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

other things i want but will probably never get:

darkstalkers 4

rival schools 3

svc: card fighters 3

Faxanadu 2

Xanadu/Dragonslayer/etc are too different.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

dick carrying burbo while he himself rests on top of my strong and broad shoulders

lol

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rodea's not groundbreaking or anything, but it's a fun little waggle platformer thing

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sharkopath posted:

I have good news...

oh was one of the newer ones like that? I'm way behind and have mostly stuck to the 2D handheld ones anyway.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Baal posted:

It's perfectly fitting for Yaiba.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Baal posted:

that's funny, that's where the rest of the game was made too

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

Probably one of the worst games I've ever played

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

also,

baseball stars 3

neo geo cup '16

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i've never played ivy the kiwi?!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

DISGAEA

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

oh was one of the newer ones like that? I'm way behind and have mostly stuck to the 2D handheld ones anyway.

Lords of Shadow is a 3D game with the Castlevania IP that is God of War crossed with Uncharted platforming. It's made by MercuryStream, who are the studio who made Severance: Blade of Darkness back in the early 00s.

It's obviously not a "real" Castlevania game but it's actually pretty good, unlike the sequel (Lords of Shadow 2).

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

our only lord and savior is koei tecmo who don't cancel games but just shelve them for like a decade before they bring them back as epic games

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Baal posted:

Rodea's not groundbreaking or anything, but it's a fun little waggle platformer thing

it has the vibe of something that might have gotten decent attention back in 2006 or 7.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Tower of Power.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Ninja Gaiden on nes was such a good game, I wish there were more like it. A game that punishes the player for taking it nice and slow was rare even back then.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The first Lords of Shadow would be fine if it wasn't five years long

I haven;t touched the second one

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon-Lime posted:

Lords of Shadow is a 3D game with the Castlevania IP that is God of War crossed with Uncharted platforming. It's made by MercuryStream, who are the studio who made Severance: Blade of Darkness back in the early 00s.

It's obviously not a "real" Castlevania game but it's actually pretty good, unlike the sequel (Lords of Shadow 2).

ah I've played a little bit of that one but am real bad at it so I haven't gotten far, the gameplay didn't really make me think of those Batman games so I thought maybe there was something newer being referenced.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
So, as of this morning in regards to the sponsorship, I have

1. An interview to do with the school I would be studying Japanese at.

2. Another form to fill out. It's not so bad but it's just so repetitive. I've sent this same information no less than three times now.

3. Corrections to make on the documents I sent last Sunday.

4. Need to acquire a copy of my university student transcript and my birth certificate. I've never even seen the latter, and of course I'll have to wait like a week for the transcripts, and if it's ordered today.

You know, when I'm wanting new people to sign up for my program, I know I'd like to make the application process as complicated as is humanly possible. They really couldn't make this more of a pain in the rear end if they tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

i own her art book it's really good

i learned she loves yaoi ballsack torture

hell, same

• Locked thread