Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Of all things, McCree. I just can't find a role for him. With no escape or self-healing ability he is tough to play as a flanker, and his pistol doesn't have reliable enough DPS to make him a sniper. He is strongest as a skirmisher but only in places with a lot of blind corners since he has relatively low health and the flashbang/fan the hammer combo requires you to be right in their face. He just doesn't seem to have a role that another character doesn't do better other than that

mcree is ridiculously good

His role is to stay close to the rest of the team and murder anything that gets remotely close. On some maps you can even wander off on your own because any enemy you come across around the corner will be a free kill if they're alone

flashbang->fan the hammer->theyshouldbedeadbutifthey'renot->roll->instantly fan the hammer again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

not being able to buy character icons is rough

I'm never going to get the jar of peanut butter :smith:

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine

treat posted:

I had the exact same experience but due to the lack of flankers. Tracer and genji were dogpiling on the cart with the rest of the team instead of patrolling the flanks which reaper was repeatedly using to slap my zenyata down. He even team killed us with death blossom multiple times.

I've played supports almost exclusively because nobody else is willing to in pubs, it seems. The support heroes are fun but playing them on an uncoordinated and unresponsive pub team is a complete nightmare.

Have you considered getting on voice chat and yelling at them? I think that is what I'm going to do from now on. I like playing solo sometimes because I don't have to wear my headphones with the micrphone attachment and I can just enjoy the game's excellent sound on my decent PC speakers, but nah son, anymore solo queue from now on and I'm gonna get domineering via voicechat if the team is being retarded.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Antoine Silvere posted:

Found out last night that I should not be permitted to play anything but a healer

Not that I'm an amazing healer or anything but if I play anyone else I'm pretty much dead weight

I tried playing hanzo once and my team lost in like 1:30 :smith:

Well we did want rezzes. Also ya gotta practice each hero pretty much, they are all very different.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Psikotik posted:

He said good player, not goon player.

i think most of the people int he OP are actual good players, though i havent checked in a day or two

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Bring back random mode.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Some kind of shame alarm should start ringing if someone votes for themselves in the mvp card section thing at the end

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Help Im Alive posted:

Some kind of shame alarm should start ringing if someone votes for themselves in the mvp card section thing at the end

but what if I truly believe I was the most epic

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Help Im Alive posted:

It shouldn't even be an option like wtf

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I just learned from seagull's twitch that with torbjorn you can build a turret on a health pack and it'll eat the health pack to heal itself, lmao.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Of all things, McCree. I just can't find a role for him. With no escape or self-healing ability he is tough to play as a flanker, and his pistol doesn't have reliable enough DPS to make him a sniper. He is strongest as a skirmisher but only in places with a lot of blind corners since he has relatively low health and the flashbang/fan the hammer combo requires you to be right in their face. He just doesn't seem to have a role that another character doesn't do better other than that

The way I've heard McCree described, he is NOT a flanker, he is an ANTI-flanker. He doesn't have the mobility to wander off on his own to sneak up, and is best played sticking with the team and picking off the enemy flankers.

I am poo poo with him though mostly because each time I play him I manage to completely forget about a different ability. Sometimes I forget he has a flashbang. Sometimes I forget he can fan the hammer. Sometimes I forget he has a reloading dodge-roll.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Bring back random mode.

If you want you could post about that on the Blizzard Overwatch forums to try and catch their eye.

Walfry
Sep 6, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

Bring back random mode.

This. I feel like in random mode I actually get to spend more time on the characters I wanna play (attackers) instead of during normal games where I have to take tank or healer every time.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Walfry posted:

This. I feel like in random mode I actually get to spend more time on the characters I wanna play (attackers) instead of during normal games where I have to take tank or healer every time.

Random mode was fantastic and let me try out characters I was bad at without feeling guilty that I was deliberately picking a character I was bad at.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Help Im Alive posted:

I only do it to get to 5/10 and I feel no shame.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I do it every single time without even looking at what anyone else did.

Also no shame.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

If I'm the only guy pushing the objective while my 5 teammate Widowmakers stay inside the spawn point then I sure as hell am voting for myself.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i vote for myself in every game because no one else is going to do it :saddowns:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Is Mechaqueen supposed to reference something in particular

I don't know poo poo about anime, but I just opened this skin

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

i vote for the best player every match, it just so happens to always be me

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Nehru the Damaja posted:

the name is Pharah's original name in development, when she was still literally just "rocket launcher guy girl"

god damnit still 2 hours til i get to go home :smithicide:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Walfry posted:

It was way better for learning how to play different heroes, which would make a lot of sense for a fresh launch and not the open beta aka net test aka free demo period. People just getting into the game can use that mode to learn how to play. Meanwhile I'm sucking rear end in solo queue with like a 1/6 win loss ratio because I'm the only try hard dork trying to play a team game like a team game.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Gundam.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I seem to have quickly taken to Roadhog, I've been pulling pharahs out of the air left and right and it's very satisfying.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Help Im Alive posted:

Ain't no shame in feelin your own game

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect
Can someone give me tips on how to get kills with Genji's ult? I feel like I swing at air way too much and die.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brosnan posted:

Ain't no shame in feelin your own game

I don't even care, if I see "50% of team damage healed" or top objective kills Imma put me over.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
6 stacking is so much fun. Did it with some Sub.io goons last night.

We only lost a few games and mostly to other, far more coordinated, 6 stack teams.

Having even minor communication just makes stomping pubbies so easy.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

FordCQC posted:

Can someone give me tips on how to get kills with Genji's ult? I feel like I swing at air way too much and die.

It's all about positioning. Use your mobility to try and flank their team. Climb up to ledges to get above everyone. You want to have it so that you're squishing them between your team and your ult. They either have to run towards enemies or backpedal into you. Use your shift ability to close the gap on anyone running away. Focus healers and squishy folks. Smacking a tank around while they're getting healed will just get you killed.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

FordCQC posted:

Kill supports first, use dash more aggressively than you do outside your ult (it resets on any kill during Dragonblade, so you can use it to initiate on new targets), jump around a lot so you're hard to track, don't spend the whole time swinging at a tank, and try not to spaz out too much.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
TIL that the Payload in Hollywood actually has a guy inside it who comments on the match.

When you wipe the enemy team on point A he'll sometimes say "..Hello? Anyone out there?"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
he also makes fun of mccree's dialogue and name, like "'jessie mccree'? thats a TERRIBLE name for a cowboy"

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Walfry posted:

If you want a random mode back, you could bump my thread calling for Mystery Heroes to be added in as a permanent game mode back to the front page. I'm pretty sure bumping it myself is frowned upon, if not outright breaking the rules.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ddraig posted:

TIL that the Payload in Hollywood actually has a guy inside it who comments on the match.

When you wipe the enemy team on point A he'll sometimes say "..Hello? Anyone out there?"

his name is Hal-Fred Glitchbot, he is a famous omnic movie director

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

IronDoge posted:

It's all about positioning. Use your mobility to try and flank their team. Climb up to ledges to get above everyone. You want to have it so that you're squishing them between your team and your ult. They either have to run towards enemies or backpedal into you. Use your shift ability to close the gap on anyone running away. Focus healers and squishy folks. Smacking a tank around while they're getting healed will just get you killed.

I have the same problem with Genji as I have with ultimate Winston, I simply can't get the melee attack to connect with anything, it just does nothing but swing and hit empty air, and I die without causing any damage.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Kerrrrrrr posted:

his name is Hal-Fred Glitchbot, he is a famous omnic movie director

Is this true? Please let this be true.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So you can't leave Quick Matches without penalty? That's dumb, if it was Ranked I would understand but this is top tier dumb

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Fat_Cow posted:

So you can't leave Quick Matches without penalty? That's dumb, if it was Ranked I would understand but this is top tier dumb

It's meant to encourage people to not immediately bail on their team if they lose the first point on a payload map. It's a good system, and is also extremely generous unless you're leaving, like, 4 or 5 games in a row.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Fat_Cow posted:

If my steaming shitpile of a team is forcing me to play support when I don't want to because no one else will, and even then refuse to change away from two tracers and two snipers that are getting curb stomped rapidly, then I'm quitting the battle regardless of penalty.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

I've left several quickplay matches on xbox one without penalty. Not sure what triggers it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Fat_Cow posted:

I think the punishment should be more severe.