Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I like the "yes he stays in the box all day"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Petting zoo babies

It's a baby kangaroo

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zero One posted:

Petting zoo babies

Ohhh myyyy gooooooddd

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I'm sorry this isn't a cute puppy or Capybara, but this used to be called Cute and Uplifting thread, and I found this pretty uplifting.

The premier of Victoria recently formally apologized in Parliament to everyone jailed or even charged under our old anti-homosexuality laws.

http://www.premier.vic.gov.au/apology-to-those-convicted-under-unjust-laws-against-homosexual-acts/

But best of all I like this quote from his speech:

"If you are a member of the LGBTI community, and there’s someone in your life that you love – a partner or a friend – then do me a favour:

Next time you’re on a tram in Melbourne, hold their hand.

Do it with pride and defiance.

Because you have that freedom."

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

BrigadierSensible posted:

I'm sorry this isn't a cute puppy or Capybara, but this used to be called Cute and Uplifting thread, and I found this pretty uplifting.

The premier of Victoria recently formally apologized in Parliament to everyone jailed or even charged under our old anti-homosexuality laws.

http://www.premier.vic.gov.au/apology-to-those-convicted-under-unjust-laws-against-homosexual-acts/

"If you are a member of the LGBTI community, and there’s someone in your life that you love – a partner or a friend – then do me a favour:

drat, those are some powerful words. And they're right, not many governments have owned up to their treatment of lgbt people. It's still (relatively) early on in the movement so there's still time, but this is a major step.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Wow, that's a really powerful speech. Thanks for linking that; I never would have seen it otherwise.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

gently caress yeah :unsmith: The world moves forward slowly, but it moves.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

https://vine.co/v/i5HlIiu7XgO

Pizookie
Apr 29, 2009
So I spent the evening at a yoga class in a cat cafe. The results were about what you'd expect.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Pizookie posted:

So I spent the evening at a yoga class in a cat cafe. The results were about what you'd expect.

I couldn't do that. I'd spend the entire time petting cattes.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

JackMann posted:

I couldn't do that. I'd spend the entire time petting cattes.

Why would you even have the class there, you know what's gonna happen.

:kimchi:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Well, I can die now. I'll never be as awesome as this kid.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

I'm not sure why scientists crossed a pig with a chipmunk, but I'll take 10.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Go my noble steed.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Pizookie posted:

Those cats are terrible at yoga :3:

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Kwyndig posted:

Those cats are terrible at yoga :3:

Why do you think they're taking a class?!

Also, uh...is that alligator/croc safe to ride? Is there a way to ensure such animals aren't ever gonna decide to chomp somebody? :ohdear: (I'd prefer to think the girl is just that badass, but my curiosity is getting the better of me...)

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

"Pssst. Hey, kid. Do you feel hoarse? ... D'you want to?"

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

And when you're down here with me... You'll! Oat! Too!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

bitprophet posted:

Why do you think they're taking a class?!

Also, uh...is that alligator/croc safe to ride? Is there a way to ensure such animals aren't ever gonna decide to chomp somebody? :ohdear: (I'd prefer to think the girl is just that badass, but my curiosity is getting the better of me...)

The easiest way is scotch tape around the mouth. A crocodile's bite is strong enough to crush metal but the tiniest amount of weight will keep their mouths closed. There's probably some clear tape/wire on its head that is hard to see in the gif.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

http://i.imgur.com/9hrFuhX.gifv

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pizookie posted:

I've been there! Not for yoga tho.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

bitprophet posted:

No.

DarklyDreaming posted:

The easiest way is scotch tape around the mouth. A crocodile's bite is strong enough to crush metal but the tiniest amount of weight will keep their mouths closed. There's probably some clear tape/wire on its head that is hard to see in the gif.

That gator is probably 100+ pounds of bone, muscle, hard scales, and sharp claws. If it rolls or starts to thrash at all (you now, that thing gators love to do) that kid is hosed. The gif is pretty cute because she looks like she's having fun, but whoever put that kid on there should be beaten around the head until they understand their idiocy.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
On the other hand, that kid now has a fantastic story to tell that none of the other kids on the playground will believe.
"I rode an alligator! :haw:"
"Yeah, okay Sally, sure..."

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

DaChurl
Nov 9, 2011

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
So many babies on one momma possum:

https://www.facebook.com/WildCareOklahoma/videos/10153790854558802/

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Dog engagement photo!

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Here's the nearly 20 minute speech, because the sincerity from the entire parliament should be heard. It made my morning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMy9yTanGRQ

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

I CARRY THE STATIC CHARGE OF ALL CATS! FEAR ME!

:science:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

https://twitter.com/IreneGentle/status/735522452122505217/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Capybara goes on media tour after friends escape High Park Zoo

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

grumplestiltzkin posted:

That gator is probably 100+ pounds of bone, muscle, hard scales, and sharp claws. If it rolls or starts to thrash at all (you now, that thing gators love to do) that kid is hosed. The gif is pretty cute because she looks like she's having fun, but whoever put that kid on there should be beaten around the head until they understand their idiocy.

Yeah, I'm always leery of anything that has humans interacting with wild animals at all. I don't usually bring it up here because I don't like harshing the vibe but things like that or people cuddling baby tigers or whatever, yeah, it's not great. :(

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
It's world otter day and none of you jagweeds told me:argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXYwSle9pvc

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Zero One posted:

It's a baby kangaroo

Shouldn't it be in it's mothers pouch?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

wow, that's a big tail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Opossums are almost essentially furry alligators so probably wicked fat storage in there.