Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Another point on the side of GMI/UBI, food programs like SNAP and WIC are made redundant or get heavily revamped, which has impact on the private sector.

For example, there could possibly be a scenario where grocery stores no longer need to label WIC approved foods or do the song and dance with the WIC check and to process it as a separate transaction at the register and on the back end accounting side of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Scalawag magazine tweeted out this link that describes a project underway at Cornell to crowdsource information on runaway slaves based on advertisements in antebellum Southern newspapers.

Seems like a painstaking enterprise but the end result could be pretty interesting, thought some people here would be interested.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The answer to all budget issues is "cut the bullshit military spending"
Like always.

Iron Rose needs to up his game.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Raerlynn posted:

I contend that the tax system we have rewards the people who have the money and resources to hire people with the explicit skill set of reducing their tax burden. As in, if you're rich you can afford to lobby for tax loopholes and you can afford to have people who will do nothing but find every possible way to get you out of paying taxes.

Poor people, hell even middle class people, can't afford that. Level the playing field, remove tax loop holes wholesale. All of them. There's how you pay for things like universal healthcare, guaranteeing housing, food, etc.

You're ducking the question, because it challenges the notion that a person's value isn't based on their income, sex, race, religion, or who their parents are. We are not nearly as poor as the GOP makes us out to be. We spend billions on aircraft we don't need, and cut education. We pass tax cuts to give to business owner and attract corporations, but then slash infrastructure and education and healthcare. Oklahoma, Louisiana, Kansas. Soon Illinois will be joining that list. All states that embrace the GOP platform. Illinois is bracing for massive education layoffs in its higher education. All four states have squandered opportunities to become better places, to attract residents, and to improve life for their constituents, C and all four failed to do so because they were too busy giving handjobs to big corporations and loving over anyone who isn't white, Christian, straight, male, and rich.
Whoa, slow down there, hoss.

Illinois most certainly did not 'embrace the GOP platform.' Rauner got in because Quinn (our previous governor and probably the only non-horribly corrupt politician in this state) alienated his base (unions, government workers) and Rauner cheated massively in Chicago with robocalls telling precinct judges not to show up to work (ironic for Republicans who love to shout about the Chicago machine and corruption on the Democratic side). He only won by 50k votes and Rauner's approval ratings are in the tank and I guarantee he won't win the next election. He is like cartoon evil literally taking money from the poorest and most vulnerable of the state.
The problem is Dems in this state are incredibly corrupt and everyone in the Assembly is terrified of raising taxes. Doesn't help that we have a constitutional prohibition on anything but a flat income tax. An assemblyman tried to raise a bill to change that and it got shot down.
That said there will probably not be massive higher-ed layoffs because tons of higher-ed professionals are fleeing the state. Illinois was a net population loser last year and the trend does not look to be slowing down. This is going to damage higher ed for at least a decade.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Ytlaya posted:

I don't really understand the emphasis by many liberals on a GMI. It seems like a better idea to just provide necessary social services (food, housing, etc) directly. If you provide a GMI (presumably as an alternative to existing welfare like food stamps) you'll end up with situations where people/households still gently caress up their finances and end up starving on the streets. It's all well and good to say "well they deserve it*", but many of these people would have children as well (not to mention the general societal problems caused by such a thing). GMI also results in a certain portion of the money inefficiently going to individuals and households that aren't in need of it. Like, what is the benefit (aside from appeasing some dumb conservatives who complain about "fairness") to giving a GMI to literally all adults and not just giving it to people under a particular level of income or wealth?

This isn't to say that there should be no direct cash payments; obviously people should have some money to spend as they please. But usually when I see GMI discussed it's brought up as an alternative to things like food stamps or fully/heavily-subsidized housing. The whole thing just feels like some bizarre attempt to find middle ground with libertarians or something. It seems like it unnecessarily introduces a bunch of problems that wouldn't exist with more social welfare that directly provides necessities.

* Though I would strongly disagree with this; many poor people simply don't have the experience necessary to know how to properly manage finances (largely due to the fact that society has repeatedly reinforced to them how pointless it is to even try).
Speaking for myself, the main reason I like a GMI is flexibility and simplicity. If somebody needs more or less food or rent or heating subsidy than the monolithic Welfare bureaucracy guesses they do, they're in trouble. If they've got a GMI, though, somebody who works in a grocery store 20 miles away just spends less on food and more on gas, no problems. You can't spend food stamps at some stores or for some items, only certain businesses participate in LIHEAP, but everybody takes cash. It removes from the government the responsibility to micromanage everybody to ensure they have a bed, a roof, 2500kCal/day, what have you, and strikes an adequate balance, IMO, between government support and personal freedom.

quote:

Like, what is the benefit (aside from appeasing some dumb conservatives who complain about "fairness") to giving a GMI to literally all adults and not just giving it to people under a particular level of income or wealth?
Like I said, simplicity. You don't have to ask for somebody's income and calculate how much money they should actually get, you just send them a check every month or so. Of course, now this raises the question of whether we'd rather pay around ten million for this sort of bureaucracy or several trillion to send everybody a check. (Also, IIRC when you just give everybody a check, it's a Universal Basic Income, a Guaranteed Minimum is one that is given to people under a particular level of income. :fishmech:)

JerikTelorian posted:

I read an article some time ago (that I'm unable to find now) which suggested a basic income that declined as a ratio of your earnings. The goal was that the basic income provided a declining fraction of your wealth if you got a "real" job, but didn't decline so fast as to make the basic income always better than not working. I'm not sure it would work well in the US because of the distribution of wealth, though. I think it was a $1 reduction in the basic income for every $2 earned from other sources.
Oh poo poo, yes, this is what we really need, just an income floor to Guarantee a Minimum Income and standard of living.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Amergin posted:

Where are you going to get this money?

I propose that we get this money by taking some fraction of the assets of the extremely rich every year.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Want to know a few things about the upcoming RNC? Click Here!

Highlights:

The event zone is pretty fuckin' huge.
They're going to have a speaker's platform in Public Square where you can register to speak.
Guns aren't banned but canned goods and tennis balls are.
Protest parade route is barely downtown, and only skirts the outer southern edge.
Both demonstration areas are quite a few blocks from the main venue.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

Oracle posted:

Whoa, slow down there, hoss.

Illinois most certainly did not 'embrace the GOP platform.' Rauner got in because Quinn (our previous governor and probably the only non-horribly corrupt politician in this state) alienated his base (unions, government workers) and Rauner cheated massively in Chicago with robocalls telling precinct judges not to show up to work (ironic for Republicans who love to shout about the Chicago machine and corruption on the Democratic side). He only won by 50k votes and Rauner's approval ratings are in the tank and I guarantee he won't win the next election. He is like cartoon evil literally taking money from the poorest and most vulnerable of the state.
The problem is Dems in this state are incredibly corrupt and everyone in the Assembly is terrified of raising taxes. Doesn't help that we have a constitutional prohibition on anything but a flat income tax. An assemblyman tried to raise a bill to change that and it got shot down.
That said there will probably not be massive higher-ed layoffs because tons of higher-ed professionals are fleeing the state. Illinois was a net population loser last year and the trend does not look to be slowing down. This is going to damage higher ed for at least a decade.

Pretty sure there's some overlap between what we both said there. :)

As someone who lived in southern Illinois before finally moving to Missouri, Illinois would be a solid red state were it not for Chicago as a whole.

Also EIU is threatening to lay off some 217 staff I believe, and SIU Carbondale is similarly looking at slashing it's operating budget because the state cannot produce funding.

The rest of what you said is spot on though. I didn't mean to imply those policies reflect the will of the people, but rather their leader at the time.

What I'm trying to drive home is we have four states that have wholesale enacted GOP agendas and economic policies, and by what I'm sure is complete coincidence, four states that can't afford rudimentary education and are so broke they can't maintain basic infrastructure.

Raerlynn fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 25, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So what's going on with the new release about Hillary? It appears to me that it doesn't say anything new, it just reiterates that yeah, she did something she wasn't supposed to. But it seems like more of an indictment on the awful loving IT stuff for the government.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So what's going on with the new release about Hillary? It appears to me that it doesn't say anything new, it just reiterates that yeah, she did something she wasn't supposed to. But it seems like more of an indictment on the awful loving IT stuff for the government.

The best way to figure out if Clinton email news is going to be a thing is to see how hard Fox News is pushing it, because it's only going to be a thing if Fox News pushes it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Greenspan Concedes Error on Regulation

quote:

Alan Greenspan, the former Federal Reserve chairman, said he "made a mistake" in trusting that free markets could regulate themselves.

:siren: :monocle: Ayn Rand is rolling in her grave!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If we let Cabinet members store classified stuff on their personal systems then something horrible could happen like an active CIA agent having their cover blown!

:rolleyes:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is behind a paywall for me, but isn't that like one of his central guiding principles? Has he made an ideological shift?

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Am I missing something? That Greenspan article is dated 2008 so what is its relevance now?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Amergin posted:

Where are you going to get this money?

Same place the government gets the rest of its money: taxes and deficit spending.

The Iron Rose posted:

oh this should be good

please run the numbers on how we could give every citizen 12 grand a year without driving extensive capital flight

Capital flight to where? There's already plenty of places with lower taxes than the US, yet all our rich people haven't already left for tax haven shitholes. There's also plenty of places which have higher taxes than the US but still have plenty of rich people living there.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Am I missing something? That Greenspan article is dated 2008 so what is its relevance now?

I need to read better.

Got SA, Twitter, job searches and an application going all at once... :negative:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

I need to read better.

Got SA, Twitter, job searches and an application going all at once... :negative:

Yeah he's been repeating that for years. Doesn't change how much of a fucker he was, or how he's pretty much the biggest enabler of the GFC to ever walk the earth.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Ryan Bundy Doesn’t Understand Why He Can’t Have His Guns. In Jail.
By Evan Hurst -
May 25, 2016 - 12:51pm

:ninja:

quote:

All of my First Amendment rights are being violated. My right to freedom of religion is being violated. I cannot participate in religious activities and temple covenants, and wear religious garments. […] My right to freedom of speech is being hampered by monitoring and recording. My right to freedom of assembly is being violated; I am not allowed to see my brother and move about. Yesterday, I attempted to discuss these issues with the U.S. Marshals, and they said that these were simply the jail rules. […] My Second Amendment rights are being violated. I never waived that right.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

zoux posted:

The best way to figure out if Clinton email news is going to be a thing is to see how hard Fox News is pushing it, because it's only going to be a thing if Fox News pushes it.

They would push Hillary biting her nails as a national scandal so why would that matter?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Main Paineframe posted:

Same place the government gets the rest of its money: taxes and deficit spending.

Capital flight to where? There's already plenty of places with lower taxes than the US, yet all our rich people haven't already left for tax haven shitholes. There's also plenty of places which have higher taxes than the US but still have plenty of rich people living there.

Hell, the rich don't even leave high tax states within the US for low tax states in meaningful numbers. And that would be way easier than negotiating the movement of all your stuff internationally!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

fishmech posted:

Hell, the rich don't even leave high tax states within the US for low tax states in meaningful numbers. And that would be way easier than negotiating the movement of all your stuff internationally!

To be fair capital flight is a real thing but it happens anyway regardless. The corporate tax rate in America is effectively zero if you have a competent tax attorney, but many corporations move overseas anyway because it allows long terms savings on tax attorneys and protection from theoretically possible future tax hikes.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They would push Hillary biting her nails as a national scandal so why would that matter?

she's biting her nails from the stress of being indicted...ANY DAY NOW! ! !

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

withak posted:

I propose that we get this money by taking some fraction of the assets of the extremely rich every year.

i propose that we drag the idle rich and associated finance workers screaming into the streets to be hung from the nearest streetpoles but this is a good compromise

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So imagine how big a deal a story they aren't pushing at all is.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

fknlo posted:

reddit is currently masturbating to the incoming Hillary indictment(any minute now, really!) due to the new State Department report, is there actually anything new in it or is it just more of the exact same poo poo we've known about for months?
Stop going on reddit

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Enkmar posted:

Stop going on reddit

Twitter is also doing this.

A whole lot of "Cunton" being tossed around.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

zoux posted:

So imagine how big a deal a story they aren't pushing at all is.

Well, Mother Jones is reporting on it as well. Don't know if that means anything.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Raerlynn posted:

I contend that the tax system we have rewards the people who have the money and resources to hire people with the explicit skill set of reducing their tax burden. As in, if you're rich you can afford to lobby for tax loopholes and you can afford to have people who will do nothing but find every possible way to get you out of paying taxes.

Poor people, hell even middle class people, can't afford that. Level the playing field, remove tax loop holes wholesale. All of them. There's how you pay for things like universal healthcare, guaranteeing housing, food, etc.

You're ducking the question, because it challenges the notion that a person's value isn't based on their income, sex, race, religion, or who their parents are. We are not nearly as poor as the GOP makes us out to be. We spend billions on aircraft we don't need, and cut education. We pass tax cuts to give to business owner and attract corporations, but then slash infrastructure and education and healthcare. Oklahoma, Louisiana, Kansas. Soon Illinois will be joining that list. All states that embrace the GOP platform. Oklahoma is trying to override already federally established rights. Kansas is literally threatening to defund an entire government branch for being told they're in violation of the state's Constitution. Illinois is bracing for massive education layoffs in its higher education. All four states have squandered opportunities to become better places, to attract residents, and to improve life for their constituents, C and all four failed to do so because they were too busy giving handjobs to big corporations and loving over anyone who isn't white, Christian, straight, male, and rich.

Don't come in this thread and press the same GOP talking points and expect to be taken seriously. We're one of the richest nations in the world, a paragon of military and commercial might, and we have literal states operating at levels that third world countries shame their head at. We can make this country better, but only once you let go of the illusion that we're totally poor because we're spending too much, and not because we refuse to enforce the tax code fairly.

The whole reason inversions are a thing is because the US in total has the highest tax rate for businesses. You remove loopholes and leave rates where they are (or raise them) and it won't be the CEOs who leave (they have houses everywhere anyway), but those businesses that you expect new tax revenues from sure as hell will be gone.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
UAW has endorsed former Secretary Clinton.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
My biggest worry with basic income is that unless we simultaneously implement better consumer protections, a good chunk of the income will get sucked away via various exploitative means.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

withak posted:

This source is old (2002), but if I did the math on it the total income for the top 0.1% adds up to about $260,887,000,000. You're missing some zeroes there, and that's assuming you try to take the vast majority of it.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Amergin posted:

This source is old (2002), but if I did the math on it the total income for the top 0.1% adds up to about $260,887,000,000. You're missing some zeroes there, and that's assuming you try to take the vast majority of it.

I did the math recently: it's $3t

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I did the math recently: it's $3t

For income or wealth? And do you have a source?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

White Man Upset At Being Treated Like Non-White Man

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
!!!SHOCKING!!!

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2016/05/24/3781364/hustle-verdict-voided-wall-street-prosecutions/

quote:

Bank of America does not have to pay a $1.3 billion penalty assessed years ago, an appeals court ruled Monday.

A jury found the megabank guilty of fraud in 2013, after Department of Justice (DOJ) officials decided not to settle a case involving a program run by its subsidiary Countrywide.

Countrywide employees created a program known as “Hustle,” a bastardization of an acronym for “High-Speed Swim Lane,” and used it to knowingly sell substandard loans to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Staffers packaged up low-quality mortgage securities and sold them to government-backed housing finance companies that later had to be bailed out by taxpayers.

After the jury’s verdict in 2013, a federal judge decided the bank would have to pay $1.27 billion — more than prosecutors had reportedly sought — to make the government whole and to dissuade it from cheating taxpayers again.

The bank immediately appealed, leading to Monday’s ruling voiding the penalty. Bank lawyers persuaded a three-judge appeals panel that Hustle amounted to mere breach of contract rather than outright fraud. (Bloomberg’s Matt Levine has a good plain-English rundown of the exasperating details of the bank’s successful argument here.)

Some financial observers credit the Hustle case for the government’s ability to win a series of high-profile settlements with megabanks over their mortgage crisis actions. The Wall Street Journal called the verdict “a weapon the Justice Department has used to push Wall Street to agree” to those deals, for example.

But in reality, the Hustle verdict was more important for what it persuaded prosecutors themselves to do than for any potential impact on bankers' mindsets. Its collapse now is a major setback for those who have urged the White House to get more aggressive toward Wall Street.

The first of those big mortgage settlements came together a month before jurors found Bank of America guilty in October of 2013. JP Morgan was already afraid enough of a trial that CEO Jamie Dimon made an 11th-hour phone call to DOJ headquarters that September, suddenly offering concessions to avoid going to court.

Maybe Dimon sensed what the Hustle jury was about to decide. Maybe he feared giving the DOJ a chance to bolster its existing evidence in discovery, and chose to avoid a fight. Either way, the deal Dimon struck with then-Attorney General Eric Holder became the blueprint for a series of out-of-court settlements with other major Wall Street houses.

Those settlements amounted to far less than meets the eye, as ThinkProgress and other outlets have documented.

But although the banks got off easy, the settlements nonetheless stand as the most significant form of accountability the government was able to win over rampant bank misconduct in the mortgage-backed securities markets prior to the crisis. Countrywide's "Hustle" scheme that Bank of America inherited when it absorbed the failed mortgage giant epitomized those abuses, and the combination of Dimon's decision to play ball and the symbolic effect of the Hustle jury's verdict may well have helped steer other banks to the settlement table.

A vacated verdict in the Hustle case won't have any bearing on deals already struck. But it will only further discourage government regulators and prosecutors from pushing cases to trial in the future -- something they are already notoriously reticent to do.

White-collar crime prosecutions fell to a 20-year low last year. Under a policy enacted just before President Obama took office and which continued to be official practice until last fall, federal prosecutors were encouraged to take a soft touch with the financial industry and allow Wall Street to look after itself.

The Obama administration finally toughened DOJ guidelines for white-collar cases late in September. The move followed years of pressure from Wall Street critics both inside government, like Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Sherrod Brown (D-OH), and outside it. Watchdogs like veteran white-collar criminologist William Black have urged the government to settle less since the crisis first broke.

Black, a scholar, author, and former federal regulator who helped expose the 1980s savings-and-loan scandal, has long argued that Wall Street head honchos knowingly engaged in vast accounting fraud before and during the housing crisis. He has called for criminal prosecutions, not merely civil charges like those that produced the initial Hustle verdict, and blasted the administration's proclivity for settling cases rather than bringing them to trial.

Instead, Black wrote in September, President Obama's administration conducted an "experiment in refusing to prosecute the senior bankers that led the fraud epidemics that caused our economic crisis," yielding "a wave of recidivism in which elite bankers continued to defraud the public after promising to cease their crimes."

Throughout this time, supporters and advocates of Obama's settlement-happy, trial-averse approach have argued that going to court is simply too risky and time-consuming. Settlements are a bird in the hand, the argument goes, and it's better for the public to pocket that bird than grasp for two or three or four and potentially catch none of them.

The Hustle trial suggested that argument might be wrong. A jury verdict and $1.3 billion penalty stood as evidence that prosecutors could win cases like this, and achieve the greater deterrent effect that Warren, Brown, Black, and others have demanded.

But now, with the verdict rescinded and the penalty unpaid, the momentum swings back to the Let's Make A Deal crowd. The odds of ending the "too big to jail" mindset among regulators and prosecutors were never all that good -- the government was still cutting weak deals this spring, months after that partial reversal to the DOJ's policy on white-collar cases -- but they probably just got a lot worse.

:tipshat:

gently caress the financial system and everyone and everything that enables it.

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 25, 2016

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
We need to break up the big banks

with guns and high explosives

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Xanderkish posted:

Well, Mother Jones is reporting on it as well. Don't know if that means anything.

Mother Jones, a website read by you, me and only people to the left of Bernie.

edit: not criticizing, just saying.

radical meme fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 25, 2016

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

a shameful boehner posted:

!!!SHOCKING!!!

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2016/05/24/3781364/hustle-verdict-voided-wall-street-prosecutions/

Hang them all from the wall Street lampposts. Leave the desiccated corpses there as a warning.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

!!!SHOCKING!!!

It probably isn't very hard to bribe 3 people secretly when you have $1.3B at stake

These three people apparently:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reena_Raggi
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_C._Wesley
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_F._Droney

I'm pretty sure, with the state of our free press, no one is going to notice if they move into a much bigger house in a year and their kids get into whatever school they want with a free ride.

Stereotype fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i propose that we drag the idle rich and associated finance workers screaming into the streets to be hung from the nearest streetpoles but this is a good compromise

Cool, I've always wanted to live in Venezuela.

Lynchings are never the answer no matter how mad you get.

!!!SHOCKING!!!

Actually this is a Good Appeal because the original one was horseshit and reeked of vigilante justice. poo poo went down, but it was never knowingly fraud.

Also all your concerns about THE BIG BANKS OWNING EVERYONE are laughable now because all the big banks fled mortgage servicing due to the regulators changing how they impact capital. Once again The System Works, but it's not whatever insane fantasies the far left has so it's all 100% bad and they'll stomp their feet and put their fingers in their ears like children.

If you should be concerned about anything now, it should be ramshackle fly-by night operations servicing your mortgage that have no idea what the gently caress they're doing. You know, those "small businesses" everyone likes to suck off.

axeil fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 26, 2016

• Locked thread