Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

Or you could be poor claire syerick and end up as the pi squad mascot and martyr.

edit: Squads are necessary for social development in an organization of GSF's size. Like clubs, Greek organizations, or professional organizations at a university, they're somewhat necessary to help people from being lost in the crowd.

Ironically, greek organizations at university are opt-in. Imagine what it would look like if you got randomly assigned to a frat as a freshman in Uni; If you're lucky, you end up in ΑΦΩ and get connections out the ying-yang. If you're unlucky, you end up in ΣΑΕ and die during your initiation, and they hide your corpse in an irrigation ditch because they don't want the house to be searched by police a third time this year.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

thats why you have people who aren't poo poo in charge of them :ms:

honestly, all goons are poo poo in some way

e: Also, how many Soth squads have we had now?

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

ullerrm posted:

honestly, all goons are poo poo in some way

Nope I'm perfect in every way. :smug: :hf: :911:

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Nope I'm perfect in every way. :smug: :hf: :911:

:mediocre:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Or you could be in Sigma squad (best squad) and hang out with chill dudes and live in NPC Pure Blind with the sole intention of annoying MoA.

I run fleets almost nightly with great success. Join in on the fun! We need YOU!

Sigma Supremacy.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
If were going back to alphabet squads I petition to have hole squad be Omega Squad and be included in the random lottery, people sorted in have to live in Goku whether they like it or not.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Wait what, I joined sigma and I think I can count on one hand the times I've seen people talk about EVE on jabber
Perhaps I didnt join all the channels?

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
It's fortunate indeed that the best squad was made open for all to join. Zulu accepts all, even (especially) the downtrodden and dispossessed.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Sigma squad jabber squad

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

If were going back to alphabet squads I petition to have hole squad be Omega Squad and be included in the random lottery, people sorted in have to live in Goku whether they like it or not.

I don't get how forcing people who may not want to live in a wormhole to live in a wormhole is going to help either the GSF or Hole Squad. While I understand living in Goku is more tolerable now given that there is a citadel (although I thought POS life was just fine), wormholes are still an area of the game that many people don't want to explore. We had our fair share of dead weight in Goku with Hole Squad being an optional squad to join, so imagine how bad it'd get if you forced people to be in the hole.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

nex posted:

Wait what, I joined sigma and I think I can count on one hand the times I've seen people talk about EVE on jabber

If you're online and in the squad and can see the forums and are in the group you should get pings from me and we definitely talk about playing eve when it's not being consumed by weedchat with Thuneral.

Unless you're a Euro or maybe an Aussie. Then yeah, I can see why you say this.

dialhforhero fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 25, 2016

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Wow. I always thought the condi emote was somehow inspired by Condoleeza Rice.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

frozenpussy posted:

I'm training all that new bullshit including all gunnery specs, and have those pilots in blops pulling bridge duty in the meantime because there's a lot of crossover between the navigation skills.

I am agonizing over my blops choice right now between sin and panther. Also when doing bridging for a siege fleet I don't know what ships are used for fuel trucks. I could go on a siege fleet and right-click "look at" but :effort:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Daco Vato posted:

I am agonizing over my blops choice right now between sin and panther. Also when doing bridging for a siege fleet I don't know what ships are used for fuel trucks. I could go on a siege fleet and right-click "look at" but :effort:

Viators or Prowlers since you seem to be talking about blops bs

Happy Dolphin
Apr 12, 2007

:shepface::shepface::shepface:
I just woke up today to find myself having been demoted from Capital director in GSF.

It went roughly like this:

22:30 - Go to bed
03:30 - Jabber message from Merkelchen: Hey are you there?
05:30 - Jabber message from Merkelchen: Hey, we feel like you're not doing anything so we're demoting you. [Paraphrasing]
05:35 - directorbot: You have been demoted.

I am slightly disappointed about how this was handled because;

A) I talked to the mittani about it less than 3 weeks ago how the situation was RE: capitals and coordination. The very same conversation in which I offered to step down from coordination because this low sec Saranen fighting wasn't the war coordination I wanted to do and when I tried it, it was fast tracking me to burn-out.
and
B) It was handled the exact way that we had been told it would not be handled in the future after the Endie-demotion disaster.

There is no word on why I got demoted besides "You're not doing anything" and looking at my jabber PMs, Merkelchen has no intention of replying to elaborate on the why since he is actively talking in several other jabber channels as I'm writing this. Heck, I even had a thread in the illum forum tracking my progress of the things I was doing in regards to capitals (As a Merkelchen said in his PM there are lots to be done). Which is in hindsigt a little strange since the alliance always reacts retroactively and never proactively in literally everything.

I kinda expected just a tiny bit more mutual respect from the people I had spent 2 years in a jabber channel with, talking to almost daily.

Happy Dolphin fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 25, 2016

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Happy Dolphin posted:

I just woke up today to find myself having been demoted from Capital director in GSF.

It went roughly like this:

22:30 - Go to bed
03:30 - Jabber message from Merkelchen: Hey are you there?
05:30 - Jabber message from Merkelchen: Hey, we feel like you're not doing anything so we're demoting you. [Paraphrasing]
05:35 - directorbot: You have been demoted.

I am slightly disappointed about how this was handled because;

A) I talked to the mittani about it less than 3 weeks ago how the situation was RE: capitals and coordination. The very same conversation in which I offered to step down from coordination because this low sec Saranen fighting wasn't the war coordination I wanted to do and when I tried it, it was fast tracking me to burn-out.
and
B) It was handled the exact way that we had been told it would not be handled in the future after the Endie-demotion disaster.

There is no word on why I got demoted besides "You're not doing anything" and looking at my jabber PMs, Merkelchen has no intention of replying to elaborate on the why since he is actively talking in several other jabber channels as I'm writing this. Heck, I even had a thread in the illum forum tracking my progress of the things I was doing in regards to capitals (As a Merkelchen said in his PM there are lots to be done). Which is in hindsigt a little strange since the alliance always reacts retroactively and never proactively in literally everything.

I kinda expected just a tiny bit more mutual respect from the people I had spent 2 years in a jabber channel with, talking to almost daily.

Kinda seems like this is an internal forums sorta thing.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Aww man I'm a useless director, better post in the SA thread about it

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
Incidentally, thank you for paying up the money from the Theta betting thread.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
MMO HMO is behind the paywall, no? That's as internal as it gets!

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Once again a loving relationship is ended thanks to a lack of communication.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Reddit post in three...

Two...

Happy Dolphin
Apr 12, 2007

That Works posted:

Kinda seems like this is an internal forums sorta thing.

Several people have already asked me for the story, many of which are users posting in this thread, so I figured it would be easier to post it here instead.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
maybe you should have more than 275 posts noob :smugdog:

Happy Dolphin
Apr 12, 2007

Fix Lag posted:

Incidentally, thank you for paying up the money from the Theta betting thread.

I'm not going to go fuckgoons - I'm not bitter about being demoted, but I am kinda disappointed in the lack of communication on the why and to some extend my lack of opportunity to reply to it. In part because it was something I have previously made very clear was something that was loving us over repeatedly in the past (See Blawrf and Endie).

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Reddit post in three...

Two...

will it be daruna, who isnt banned, or someone else

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Well, you didn't accept my capswarm application, you big meanie, so there's that. :mad:

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

nex posted:

Sigma literally has a few eras. The first era existed up until XZH-BoB camp where it functionally was equivalent to other squads. Then Armois Delgado destroyed the whole squad with his banshee voice by talking to us and also losing Apocs to a lone Crusader and berating us with his banshee voice. The destroyed period ran from like 2006-mid 2008 until particle9 or someone started forcefully talking to everyone and got them all onto the Jabber channel. After that it was a reasonable squad until the ISRAD guys got banned and Sigma lost like a third of it's members then the other third hosed off to be delvegoons.

After that I lost track of the group since we hung out with Delvegoons when in the same area or they were in ISRAD.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Daco Vato posted:

Before they jacked the blockade runners, the boat of choice was the Prowler simply due to the two high slots. One for cloak and one for probe launcher. Plus it is the fastest when it comes to motor boating around.

Now they all have two high slots, so its more of cargo space.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Happy Dolphin posted:

Several people have already asked me for the story, many of which are users posting in this thread, so I figured it would be easier to post it here instead.

The problem being is that on the GSF forum it would have been screencapped and then someone would have had their spy burned in the mad race for Reddit upvotes. Here, not so much.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

RhoA posted:

I don't get how forcing people who may not want to live in a wormhole to live in a wormhole is going to help either the GSF or Hole Squad. While I understand living in Goku is more tolerable now given that there is a citadel (although I thought POS life was just fine), wormholes are still an area of the game that many people don't want to explore. We had our fair share of dead weight in Goku with Hole Squad being an optional squad to join, so imagine how bad it'd get if you forced people to be in the hole.

I was joking

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

I was joking

:cripes:

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Happy Dolphin posted:

I'm not going to go fuckgoons - I'm not bitter about being demoted, but I am kinda disappointed in the lack of communication on the why and to some extend my lack of opportunity to reply to it. In part because it was something I have previously made very clear was something that was loving us over repeatedly in the past (See Blawrf and Endie).

This is an outrage, how dare you refrain from posting an angry thread on Reddit about this.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

dialhforhero posted:

If you're online and in the squad and can see the forums and are in the group you should get pings from me and we definitely talk about playing eve when it's not being consumed by weedchat with Thuneral.

Unless you're a Euro or maybe an Aussie. Then yeah, I can see why you say this.

I found it now, its a TZ thing and me being an idiot :-)

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Happy Dolphin posted:

Do you think you're going to get more answers from GSF directors in this thread or on the alliance forums?

Happy Dolphin
Apr 12, 2007

That Works posted:

Do you think you're going to get more answers from GSF directors in this thread or on the alliance forums?

Based on what I've seen so far and looking at demotions historically, I don't expect an answer at all.

Happy Dolphin fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 25, 2016

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Idk why people want to be directors anyways, it's literal space work, that you pay money to do (unless you're making enough to plex each month, in which case you're spending effort and game time to not pay for the game)

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Congrats for leaking this to reddit, MH. I'll have fun reading about it in five minutes.

stale meme dot png fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 25, 2016

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Oh is that mostly harmless? He was literally kismeteer reincarnated. He probably finally annoyed someone enough to get poo poo canned.

Happy Dolphin
Apr 12, 2007

vyst posted:

Oh is that mostly harmless? He was literally kismeteer reincarnated. He probably finally annoyed someone enough to get poo poo canned.

If that was the reason they could at least have told me instead of accusing me of not doing anything when that is flat out wrong and easily provable when you look at my illum jabber activity, my forum posts and broadcasts over the last 3 weeks. Like I explained above, I fully understand the not-doing-anything coordination wise which is why I offered to step down, but in terms of doing capital things, that's not accurate at all.

Happy Dolphin fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 25, 2016

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

We're at war. We need someone who is Thoroughly Destructive.

:catbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy McSoggybotto
Aug 13, 2015
hi mostly

• Locked thread