Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
if i can't have beveled edges on my buttons, i accept gradients and drop shadows as a replacement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
buttons were cooler when they looked like arcade buttons

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i long for the rich, inviting appearance of ios 6

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
buttons are out

text with no indication of ineractabilty are in

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Triglav posted:

ios icons now have this weird thing that suggest different light angles and shapes. some icons have no gradient and suggest flatness. others have gradients that suggests convexity. others have gradients that suggest concavity.

i guess you have to gently caress up your icons a bit so third party ones don't look too out of place, but i wish things were all flat, or were all convex

poo poo, you're right. I never noticed that before but that's hosed up

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who cares.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Perplx posted:

buttons are out

gotta have that whitespace

can we talk about how podcasts has like 6 different navigation gestures and how it's mostly about showing me the podcast description rather than the playback controls? DEFERENCE TO CONTENT BITCH

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

lord funk posted:

DEFERENCE TO CONTENT BITCH
dehumanize yourself and face to rich streaming content

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
toro y moi is very bad

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Perplx posted:

buttons are out

color indicates intractability fool

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

PleasureKevin posted:

color indicates intractability fool

i'm sure color blind people appreciate that

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Perplx posted:

i'm sure color blind people appreciate that

not apples fault that they have lousy genes

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

ios looks more dogshit than it used to, android looks less dogshit than it used to, winpho has always been dogshit

but ultimately they all currently look like dogshit

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

app icons look much worse on android though

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

like here ppl are complaining about the consistency of the lighting angle on different ios icons, but andorid icons don't have any consistency of any kind

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I care about usability

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
i don't care about anything at all

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

THC posted:

app icons look much worse on android though

unlike apple, you can download and apply icon packs in android if you are dissatisfied with the default

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
if you need to theme the os and replace icons to make it usable, someone done hosed up

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

oh boy that sounds like a great use of my time

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Blue Train posted:

unlike apple, you can download and apply icon packs in android if you are dissatisfied with the default

a lot of belly achers complain about android viruses too, but you can simply discover the viruses on your own, write the virus definitions, and release security updates to yourself.

voila, no viruses.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Blue Train posted:

what has happened to this subforum

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

Anroid.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pissflaps posted:

hi pissflaps

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
hey, it's pissflaps

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Pissflaps posted:

stymie was right, apple is in decline and we're just fiddling while they burn

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

infernal machines posted:

if you need to theme the os and replace icons to make it usable, someone done hosed up

it's been established that android is the best looking mobile os, it just also gives you options if you choose. I know as apple users this concept is strange and frightening to you all after having been under the thumb of johnathan ivy for so long

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
aNDROID freaking OWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

it had an identity crisis when apple released bigphones

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Smythe posted:

aNDROID freaking OWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is by far the most open, usable, beautiful, and successful mobile operation system and has penetrated every market in the world, something tim cook could only hope to accomplish

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Blue Train posted:

it is by far the most open, usable, beautiful, and successful mobile operation system and has penetrated every market in the world, something tim cook could only hope to accomplish

This!!!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

android is best because you can lay out your screens however you like and use spatial muscle memory to interact with them.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
iOS sucks rear end! Yea! How you like them apples bitches???! Hahahahaha :chome: yea! hahahA!! yea!!! :chome: w00000t :mome: hhohohohohoho

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sagebrush posted:

android is best because you can lay out your screens however you like and use spatial muscle memory to interact with them.

hosed up retard Apple fanboys have decided that customizing something to be hoe you like it is 'janitoring it' and they probably don't have any pictures on their desk

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

deviating from what timid cock has ordained would not make any sense as this corporation has decided what is best for me and who am I to question that

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

apple is good, apple products are good.

they just work

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
i would like to inform you that apple products dont "just work." they also "fall apart"

i write to you having just moments ago purchased yet another power cord for my sick 17" fatbook pro vintage

aaple sucks

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

i'm the deliberately selected album without album art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
thats what it looks like when theres no album art? never seen it