Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
I'm getting dropped a lot into games where the team I'm on is losing. Great job bitch whoever left. Stick around till the end like a hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Grammaton posted:

I'm getting dropped a lot into games where the team I'm on is losing. Great job bitch whoever left. Stick around till the end like a hero.

You get an exp bonus.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I love playing as Mercy. Is that weird?

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

Tenzarin posted:

You get an exp bonus.

Well not too bad then. I guess win/loss ratio doesn't really mean anything in this game anyway.

vyst posted:

I love playing as Mercy. Is that weird?

Not at all. I love Lucio.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
What happens if a friendly Reinhardt charges through a zarya black hole?

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Soothing Vapors posted:

nobody yells much yet. everyone is terrible. I watched a Mercy jump off a cliff to her death. no one was shooting at her. No one was near her. Just death. why mercy. why

I did this on Junkrat who I guess is the guy I play now and I kind of wish I had a replay of it because I was doing some dumb jump thing out of the gate and it worked fine and i started shelling idiots and then just walked off the map backward onto the ice for no reason. There was even a handy hole in the ice for maximum Warner Bros.

I also still get really confused on the A point of Anubis and get lost

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mad.radhu posted:

What happens if a friendly Reinhardt charges through a zarya black hole?

let me consult The Juggernaut vs The Blob

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2KTw20N6hI&hd=1

Got a Mei POTG finally, kinda boring though

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Grammaton posted:

Well not too bad then. I guess win/loss ratio doesn't really mean anything in this game anyway.

Not at all. I love Lucio.

It said I got a 10 kill streak as him yesterday, but I can't figure out if that includes kills made by characters I was healing. I need a turbo button or something, 'cause you just need to constantly spam your sonic gun while juking around.

If Lucio gets popular enough maybe we'll get another Jet Set Radio game.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Akumos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2KTw20N6hI&hd=1

Got a Mei POTG finally, kinda boring though

Nah that was a good play, also congrats on having the best highlight pose

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
We need a Parappa Skin for Lucio.

His frog isn't good enough

Also he has the best line in teh game:

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
if you leave a game you should have to play the next one with goatse for a hero portrait

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I still fall off cliffs like an idiot but the majority of that is because I keep expecting to be able to land on obvious chunks of rock which have invisible barriers around them.

"I'll flank the enemy with a quick hop across that rocky outcrop that's wider than I am!" *Slowly slides off at an impossible angle* "Well, silly me for trying I guess."

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

So apparently allied Torbys can't wrench each other's turrets, which is weird.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Every time you use Reinhardt's charge to pin someone off a cliff you have to write "Allahu Ackbar" in chat.

Also I wish you could see how weapons change with the skins because some cool stuff like Reinhardt's Gurren Lagann skin changes the hammer to an axe:

and the gundam skins for Pharah put ammo counters on the rocket launcher.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
help how do i zenyatta, i got a cool skin and want to use it

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
If you aren't taking advantage of the goon discord you're a drat fool.

Losing with goons is more fun than winning with randos in quick play. At least goons play Overwatch and not the "instalock whatever regardless of whatever" game.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Vermain posted:

It's meant to encourage people to not immediately bail on their team if they lose the first point on a payload map. It's a good system, and is also extremely generous unless you're leaving, like, 4 or 5 games in a row.

Our 4 or 5 stack got dumped into a game with like 14 left to go in the beta, the very end of whatever payload map ends in the furnace area. We managed to hold that thing until double overtime and only lost because they had to go and do the reinhardt + reaper + mercy ult thing.

Reaper suiciding in so Mercy can fly in and rez him so he can ult is my new most annoying strat. I think it's probably not actually good and people probably aren't doing it on purpose but I keep seeing it and it works because people tend to reflexively reload after a kill.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Thumbtacks posted:

Use him on defense, stick with your team, put bad orbs on bad guys and good orbs on good guys, left click on bad guys (aim for the head), try not to get sniped or split from your team. Use your ult as a response to enemy ults.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

DreamShipWrecked posted:

So apparently allied Torbys can't wrench each other's turrets, which is weird.

I love playing him, but even I recognize this being possible would be a bad idea.

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine

Willie Tomg posted:

Losing with goons is more fun than winning with randos in quick play. At least goons play Overwatch and not the "instalock whatever regardless of whatever" game.

Especially when you get that goon who is respectful of fellow goons and blames the one or two pubs on your team for the loss.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Thumbtacks posted:

You want to slam your balls at people, and jam high health enemies with your discord orb. Remember to pass the b-ball and heal your friends, and get good at dunking on fools with headshots.

When you ult, remember to yell BOOMSHAKALAKA real loud into your mic

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

it's cool when you get the killcam view and someone is wearing a skin that changes what the weapons look like because it changes in the killcam too

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
teams so bad I got 25 kills gold medal with widowmaker

I hit like a shot out of every four

Playing Lúcio in a half-decent team is still super fun, I had a team go Mei/Reaper/Winston/Widowmaker/Roadhog/Lúcio and focus-fire the hell out of me in Lijang KOTH. Still ended up with gold objective kills, so get out of here.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
I wish there was a way to list your top 5 heroes in the hero select screen. Basically I want a simple way to inform people that I'm cool paying the support tax, but making me be the tank is a baaaaad idea.

Ddraig posted:

The cart heals you when you're pushing it.

This makes me suspect you've never pushed the payload.
I played for ~32 hours in closed beta, half of that in competitive mode, and didn't know this.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Thumbtacks posted:

Play him where there isn't long lines of sight for snipers to exploit. I like him on Volksaya for this reason. Always orb every one. With your E you can out damage most people in the game yourself. Just borb their face. Corner shooting with the right click is mostly a gimmick.
There's no damage fall off but the travel time makes long range shooting typically a bad idea. Focus tanks trying to break through your lines while your team shoots the dangerous people. You always want to be behind your team, you want them to draw the fire.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Willie Tomg posted:

Can I do this on PS4? I'm new to online games on consoles.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I grew weak and bought this game

Lets hope it doesn't run like poo poo

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ThndrShk2k posted:

I grew weak and bought this game

Lets hope it doesn't run like poo poo

Why didn't you use the beta aka demo for this?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Jesus, the first couple minutes of this Seagull Genji game :stare:
https://www.twitch.tv/a_seagull/v/68544465?t=01h04m53s

Against our own coolmatt69 too

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
What does being on fire/the flame meter mean? Is it purely an indicator of how much you're owning, or does it have any gameplay properties?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

The Crusher posted:

Is it purely an indicator of how much you're owning,

This. It subtly influences your priority in who gets voting cards and POTG too, but nothing that *really* matters

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Papercut posted:

Against our own coolmatt69 too

Who?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The Crusher posted:

What does being on fire/the flame meter mean? Is it purely an indicator of how much you're owning, or does it have any gameplay properties?

Players with higher "on fire" meters have louder footsteps to enemies. That's the only gameplay effect of it I know of.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Section Z posted:

I love playing him, but even I recognize this being possible would be a bad idea.

I understand why, it is just kind of counter intuitive.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Who's the best character if I want to make roadhog players cry

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Is it possible to get potg for non kill related activities?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Fuligin posted:

Yeah, healing and Mercy rezzes count towards POTG. I've seen 5-person Mercy Rezzes get POTG.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Help Im Alive posted:

Who's the best character if I want to make roadhog players cry

Reaper

Fuligin posted:

Yes, Mercy ult potg are common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Papercut posted:

Jesus, the first couple minutes of this Seagull Genji game :stare:

I find it more baffling at lvl 16 he has 3000 gold WTF?
Can someone explain this to me please?