Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
Is there a fat limit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

learnincurve posted:

"It's imposable to overtake at Monaco" M brundle before the race. "Dan dare last of the late breakers" M Brundle when someone manages it with a suicide move.

It will be either be a boring parade which in hindsight you wish you had turned off after the first lap, or random cars will break down or end up in a wall bringing out multiple safety cars so you end up with 11 cars crossing the line, and people who should not be scoring points ending up in fifth.

Sounds only fitting for the jewel in The crown of f1

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Lewis
Vescrappen
Button

Calling it now

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

simplefish posted:

Lewis
Vescrappen
Button

Calling it now

For first 3 out of the race? Yea thats a pretty good guess.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I hope both Mercs crash out again and Our Max wins another fantastic GP, it's what we deserve.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Not that I can figure out but I'm guessing if you're 20st you might have trouble fitting in.

And every 10kg is gonna cost you 3 tenths.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Dudley posted:

Not that I can figure out but I'm guessing if you're 20st you might have trouble fitting in.

And every 10kg is gonna cost you 3 tenths.

is that why you were all 1 second slower than the first place guy? lol owned

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Heh, fucker couldn't race though could he. 6 seconds in 33 laps?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Super Seb on ultra soft tires

'it's a bit like asking a rabbit how his first date went. Good but did not last long..'

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

El Hefe posted:

I hope both Mercs crash out again and Our Max wins another fantastic GP, it's what we deserve.

This but with our Jolyon winning.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You guys should go PFI international http://www.kartpfi.com/ in the Midlands, it's the best karting track in the world.- and it sounds like it would be new to everyone so you won't end up with a clear split in the group.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Dudley posted:

If I'm the person I think I am having a few fast laps and Crashtoring the others tallies with what I remember. Just couldn't find the braking point on the second-last(? The one after the straight that goes 90 degrees) corner, sometimes got it right, more often went off. I was ok when I took it slow but I kept getting passed so I started to banzai it, got showed a CALM DOWN board, didn't even know that was a thing.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

That is the hardest corner on the track, and the one place I've seen someone actually manage to injure themselves in these karts.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

did I finish 8th?

if I remember correctly I span on my qualifying lap and ended up starting way at the back, and overtook the most number of people during the race.

e/ also I knew dudley would have the timing sheet!!

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Cripes! I live in Lincolnshire, that's a long drive away.... Even for carting.

it's alright, Jedit came from Scotland and didn't even make it through the practice session.

JFairfax fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 25, 2016

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The great thing about the rear only kart brakes is that if you get in too hot into a hairpin and there's just enough grip you can usually just slam the brakes and get a bit of a handbrake turn going to save it.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

is that why you were all 1 second slower than the first place guy? lol owned

in portugal in 390cc karts we had one friend who was about 20kg lighter than the rest of us and he just ran rings around us all.

should have thrown a bag of cement on his kart.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Is MK Daytona cheaper than Rye House? I looked up the pricing for rye house and it seemed quite a bit for the amount of time on track.

Rye house is nearer to me but im assuming it costs more because a bunch of are poois.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I've never actually been to Rye House. Daytona is usually in the middle of karting prices, they do well on corporate business and they've got actual buildings rather than a portacabin so it's a good place to go for a group thing.

1500quidporsche posted:

The great thing about the rear only kart brakes is that if you get in too hot into a hairpin and there's just enough grip you can usually just slam the brakes and get a bit of a handbrake turn going to save it.

Yep. In fact I do it deliberately on a couple of corners at MK.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/scarbstech/status/735496402722164737

Interesting that nico has 9000 stickers all over his car to tell him what to do.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Lewis just has an empty vodka bottle in his car.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Wrong. Lewis just has print outs from his Instagram account taped up around the cockpit.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Was Massa the one that had a picture of the Pope in his car?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Perez

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
hamilton just has the phone numbers of dudes who want to blow him after the race in his cockpit

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

track day bro! posted:

Interesting that nico has 9000 stickers all over his car to tell him what to do.
Just my opinion but this should be disallowed if they're going to limit the radio communications as well.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Just my opinion but this should be disallowed if they're going to limit the radio communications as well.

The problem, and this really is why the radio ban is garbage, is that these engines are ridiculously complex with multiple fuel maps/modes/settings with an added layer of secret terms so other teams can't figure out who is doing what despite the fact that you cant legally tell the drivers now. If you called it "Race start" mode as opposed to "Strat 12c-sigma" it would be fair easier but god forbid Sauber figure out that someone on pole position is using the race start engine map for the race start.

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.

Dudley posted:

My race that day was the opposite; couldn't bang out a truly fast lap at all, but I made positions overtaking in traffic.

Karting in my area kind of sucks, I'm really missing the scene in England. :smith:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

JFairfax posted:

hamilton just has the phone numbers of dudes who want to blow him after the race in his cockpit

What tipped you off? Spotting your phone number in his cockpit?

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Alonso dying to shove plastic film up his rear end in a top hat - http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alonso-says-drivers-may-need-x-rated-solutions-for-tear-off-ban-740223/

On a more serious note, where the hell are they actually supposed to put the tearoffs? There's been only a handful of retirements due to their presence on track and I'd argue that not being able to easily remove them from the visit is a safety issue.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Ted said they're gonna have a little thigh pocket in the suit to stuff them in

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Mclaren will spend millions on a beautifully sculpted size zero carbon bin for them in the cockpit

Red Bull will find a way of cheating by turning them into an extra aerodynamic device

Sauber will just have a plastic bag in the cockpit and reuse them

Mercedes will create a tunnel directly into the centre of hams engine for him

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I was thinking rat glue traps stuck in strategic areas around the cockpit. How many times do they pull them per race on average?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's come in because drivers were using them tactically and aiming them at the car behind or when passing each other under blue flags. One of nando's retirements last year was down to one of them getting in a break duct. f1.jpg

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

track day bro! posted:

https://twitter.com/scarbstech/status/735496402722164737

I'm surprised he doesn't have a note about where to park the car to cause a yellow flag and steal Lewis' pole. On second thought he probably practised it so much in the simulator that he doesn't need one

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

gently caress it, just let them throw trash at each other on track.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

gret posted:

What tipped you off? Spotting your phone number in his cockpit?

Nice.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
made me chuckle

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
http://www.foxsportsasia.com/motorsports/formula-1/news/detail/item331761/alex-yoongs-preview-f1-monaco-gp/

'glitz and glamour' and 'jewel in the crown' both used in the first paragraph, see how many monaco cliches you can count!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Is Monaco the only track on the modern calendar that wouldn't pass a safety inspection?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I haven't seen the Baku circuit but probably that too!

• Locked thread