Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I mean, it would be funny, but no! No one deserves Shimada!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

Oh my god, that Shimada face on page 19. How does the author keep topping previous faces?!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Get her out of Japan, you fools! There's no way Shima could get a passport!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Miss Nomer posted:

Oh my god, that Shimada face on page 19. How does the author keep topping previous faces?!

That was a top tier shimaface.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
drat, do I want to read the next issue.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

That was a top tier shimaface.

Also, HOLY poo poo do we need the next chapter. This manga keeps upping the stakes and I for one haven't a drat clue when it'll stop!

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Shiho, fall in love with whoever you want. (As long as it's Aizawa.)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ZiegeDame posted:

Shiho, fall in love with whoever you want. (As long as it's Aizawa.)

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Is this gonna wrap around to Shimada being able to accept her as a werewolf? And, like, that's how they fall in love or whatever?

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
I'm guessing that at some point Shimada gets so beat down and discouraged that he gives up on ever finding anyone and it turns out people like him a lot better when he's not a terrible creep.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

ThisIsNoZaku posted:

I'm guessing that at some point Shimada gets so beat down and discouraged that he gives up on ever finding anyone and it turns out people like him a lot better when he's not a terrible creep.

Okay, but then what happens on the next page?

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Last time on Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa: Bwakas.

This time... also bwakas: http://bato.to/reader#1433aa188f1f050a

This chapter was a horrific pain in the rear end all the way through. One of the pages has a redraw layer labeled "Jesus loving christ". I'm going to go ice my wrists now...

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The truth is i am...

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Only on page 6 so far, and I already can't stop laughing.

"And I"m a demon!" :haw:
"And I'm a ninja!" :keke:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tarage posted:

Last time on Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa: Bwakas.

This time... also bwakas: http://bato.to/reader#1433aa188f1f050a

This chapter was a horrific pain in the rear end all the way through. One of the pages has a redraw layer labeled "Jesus loving christ". I'm going to go ice my wrists now...

Thanks! That was great as always!

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
BTW we still have two more chapters in the Shiho arc, and then an "epilogue" of sorts.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Tarage posted:

BTW we still have two more chapters in the Shiho arc, and then an "epilogue" of sorts.

I hope they change the Shima future

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
holy poo poo

:perfect:

JD
Jan 11, 2003
I feel sorry for Shirou, he doesn't really get to exist except by accident

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

JD posted:

I feel sorry for Shirou, he doesn't really get to exist except by accident

Yeah, he's basically a nonentity most of the time, and a punchline when he does appear. Heck, even in this chapter, the emotional bit was about Shiho realizing that her friends accepted her despite him; his side of things was nonexistent. I think he's also had, like, absolutely nothing to do with their mother, despite her being a somewhat important character? I get that the series is mostly about cute + dumb girls but I would like to see Shiro a bit more often too.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
It's interesting that Mikan has pretty much dropped the whole "newspaper muckraker" part of her story. I mean, here she's confronted with a wolfman and an alien (and a demon and a :ninja:) and she's, like, totally cool with it.

Actually, what secrets are Kuromine even protecting anymore? Mikan doesn't know Youko is a vampire, and his trio of friends are still in the dark, and, well, that's about it now. Unless you start getting the underclassmen involved, and even then Kuromine doesn't know about the succubus.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Holy poo poo we saw Shiho's mom's face!

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat

a kitten posted:

The truth is i am...

...your friend. :v:

Honestly though, the free refills was probably the best joke this chapter.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Mirage posted:

It's interesting that Mikan has pretty much dropped the whole "newspaper muckraker" part of her story. I mean, here she's confronted with a wolfman and an alien (and a demon and a :ninja:) and she's, like, totally cool with it.

Actually, what secrets are Kuromine even protecting anymore? Mikan doesn't know Youko is a vampire, and his trio of friends are still in the dark, and, well, that's about it now. Unless you start getting the underclassmen involved, and even then Kuromine doesn't know about the succubus.

The problem is, they know her secret now too... Plus the threat of a hammer.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
This was a sweet chapter, both in terms of quality and heartwarminginessnessness :allears: Best of all, now that they know each others' secrets, it could open up the path to more shenanigans, and isn't that why we're all here?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Shiho x Aizawa ship will grow stronger from this.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

A Good Chapter. :shobon:

chumbler posted:

The Shiho x Aizawa ship will grow stronger from this.

Also this. :mrgw:

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

SpacePig posted:

Is this gonna wrap around to Shimada being able to accept her as a werewolf? And, like, that's how they fall in love or whatever?

Theory time. Probably doesn't involve any spoilers, but spoiling just in case.

Shiho's mother has been pushing for her to fall in love to increase her powerlevel. She would see Shima's loving creepiness and interpret that as a massive boost in power, and encourages Shiho to get him. Shiho, wanting to surpass her mother, takes him only for the boost in power rather than any actual love, but since Shima is the loving worst she ends up regretting it. This leads to the Bad End future.

Probably not happening since it wouldn't be funny, and if there's one thing about JWWW it's that every time it looks like it's going to be serious and dramatic it throws a suckerpunch.

TerminusEst13 fucked around with this message at 11:38 on May 27, 2016

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Almost forgot, new chapter: http://bato.to/reader#484475d7df82c0a5

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Dat cliffhanger.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Dear Shiho: If you absolutely don't want to fall in love with Shima at the fireworks festival, then don't confess to anyone at the fireworks festival. You've been in this manga for a long time now, you've seen probably a hundred wacky mixups, you know how this works.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Cor~n! :3:

Looking forward the the continued escalating battle of cutesy nicknames between Shiho and Mikan.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I'm really glad that Shiho is becoming a real member of the group now and not someone who only shows up for fanservice.

Youko remains the best at deflating tension and also in general. Shaaa!!

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I missed Youko. I like all the girls, but Youko's happy faces are too good

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
There was a throwaway line in there that leads to the obvious conclusion of Shima being the werewolf that sent the message, and thus his girl side and her dude side being the ones that have a kid. It's suitably embarrassing enough to not want to talk about it to a kid in the future, still involves her and Shima, and maintains a pure timeline where Shima never really scores. But watch it be something even crazier. I'm just happy I'm reading something amusing where that premise could even be possible.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Boogaleeboo posted:

There was a throwaway line in there that leads to the obvious conclusion of Shima being the werewolf that sent the message, and thus his girl side and her dude side being the ones that have a kid. It's suitably embarrassing enough to not want to talk about it to a kid in the future, still involves her and Shima, and maintains a pure timeline where Shima never really scores. But watch it be something even crazier. I'm just happy I'm reading something amusing where that premise could even be possible.

Seems I'm not the only one who thought that was bit of foreshadowing.

It'd make sense as the fireworks would make both of them transform at once.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh poo poo, it has to be that.

But also: shaaaaaaa

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If that winds up being true, I don't think there's any way for me to brace myself.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Boogaleeboo posted:

Haha, holy poo poo, I've never wanted a guess to be so right and so wrong at the same time. I seriously need it to be next Wednesday already.:neckbeard:

a kitten posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

tbh I get that excited about festival corn too.

a kitten posted:

• Locked thread