Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Countblanc posted:

you arent allowed to mod games anymore, it's against the law

It's not even anymore complicated looking than Tf2. someone did a rundown of the game's art and it's Basic BSP lookin bullshit with fancy staticmeshes. Sometimes they don't even bother to properly align textures in areas.

E: and you know they can totally do it too. if they can make it where you can turn Starcraft 2 into Metal Slug then they can definitely make it possible to make maps for their TF2 Waifu simulator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I have spent most of my life looking for characters who use the POWER OF MUSIC to kick rear end. Lucio is the best one since Rocket Red whatever from Gungrave: Overdose.

I wish Zenyatta was easier to use. I love his design and concept.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Huxley posted:

I've had a lot of luck solo-queueing support with Lucio and especially Symmetra. For pub games, the teleporter might actually be more useful than rez. If you've got people getting picked off one at a time rather than having entire pushes fail, having a short hop back to the fight solves some of the issues with feeding one runner at a time into the point for entire games. It's sort of a solution for one of the biggest issues with pubs. It negates one of the big downsides to lack of communication.

And Lucio is basically unkillable compared with Mercy in pub games. People tend to treat you like Tracer, and don't even bother trying to shoot you, leaving you free to Pump it Up every time someone goes critical. Speed boost is better than heal when you get in a hairy spot, it's not just for pushing out of spawn.

I'm 12-5 with Lucio and 6-0 with Symmetra, strictly solo-queueing (though the Symmetra is likely helped by defense being easier in pub games, and I only choose her on defense).

I'm rear end with Symmetra, but yeah, I've lost one too many games against one on defense, as I desperately scream into the void teleporter left please explode this OCD goon aaaaa

Also lost one too many games to teams that wouldn't kill Lucio. Then I go pretty please kill their Lucio they do and we win it's amazing. Which reminds me of this exchange I had with a guy on my team when we got rolled on Gilbaltrar by Zen/Lucio/Mercy to the last checkpoint and somehow came back after I went Soldier and two other people went Mei and Reaper, exclusively hunting the supports:

"how did we win this"

"turns out focusing on their supports is a good thing who'd have known"

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Has there been any more info on MMR since release? If/how it works, etc. (for solo queue)?

On one hand I suppose I'm in a pretty low rank because people still don't know stuff like "stand on the point to capture it", but on the other hand I keep getting put up against people who are a_seagull level good that stomp all over everyone else. I've been up against more Widowmakers than I can count who should be in tournaments and not matched up against us idiots :(

Is it something that might level off after time? I'm playing 90% solo queue and enjoy it when the match ups are fair (skill-wise).

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Section Z posted:

My usual response to hearing a revving tire is usually to say "I better move so I don't get hit by Junkrat's Ult!"

Then I stumble right into it (Up to and including if I flee to a rooftop), but end up it's only victim instead of my clustered together team nearby. Call it a win?

I'm also learning fast that to dodge Hanzo's Ult, just dodging the dragon's isn't enough, I guess? "Hah! The dragons are nowhere near me-Oh I died? Maybe it's the whole tube the dragon's spiral through that's the kill zone?"

Junkrat's tire always catches me but very often I'm Lucio and I'm also bad at echo-localization, turns out. The Dragons have a slightly wider hitbox than it looks, not too bad but if you just barely avoid it you're gonna get hit. Again, if you're Lucio, pop Speed Song and GTFO. D.Va is one some people still don't get, but it needs LoS to hit you, so it's another time I pop Speed Song and hope people get to cover in time.

FAUXTON posted:

:agreed: but even Lucio needs a team who is going to take advantage of the heals while also doing useful things in the map. Just following a team of imbeciles around and healing them in their idiocy isn't going to get any more done than pocketing a sniper.

Yeah, but it's a bit more idiot-proof. It allows you to peg down some turrets/snipers too, and it might give your flankers that slight advantage they need to win a 1v1. Of course, if your team is bad then you're dead anyway, but what can you do, it's solo queue.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I hope every good widowmaker player gets actual cancer in real life

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Your Computer posted:

Has there been any more info on MMR since release? If/how it works, etc. (for solo queue)?

On one hand I suppose I'm in a pretty low rank because people still don't know stuff like "stand on the point to capture it", but on the other hand I keep getting put up against people who are a_seagull level good that stomp all over everyone else. I've been up against more Widowmakers than I can count who should be in tournaments and not matched up against us idiots :(

Is it something that might level off after time? I'm playing 90% solo queue and enjoy it when the match ups are fair (skill-wise).

A lack of coordination can make things look a lot worse than they are. Sometimes you can't just brawl halfway to the point because some enemies need to get killed NOW while others can be mopped up later. If you have a Reinhardt as tank for example, widowmaker isn't going to be a priority because hopefully everyone's using the shield. However, motherfuckers like Winston or Bastion need to be focused because of their ability to break up a team and melt your shield, respectively.

Sometimes you will need two or three Pharahs to crack a bastion+Mercy+Reinhardt+Torbjorn camp. Otherwise it's difficult to put enough damage downrange.

E: Directional sound is insanely important in this game, holy poo poo. You are hosed if you have a 2.1 dumpster special or refuse to get modern headphones. You're so hosed it actively harms your team because it means you don't know where anything is unless you can see it and that's where you miss the flanking reaper prepping for a death blossom. poo poo can go downhill fast, losing 4 people because The Helen Keller Orchestra back there didn't hear footsteps is a prime example.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 26, 2016

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I can't wait until the MMR evens out and I start getting matched with my fellow mouthbreathing noodlearmed morons instead of the roided-out aryan supermen I've been fighting all night

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is ranked 6 man premades, solo, mixed, or exclusively both? It's the only redeeming part of this game if they don't update it with new maps/hats frequently.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Your Computer posted:

Game is still new, everyone is probably not too far apart so far I'd wager. If theres a pro on their side then there should be one on your side unless they're goofing off.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Did match making break tonight?

We had a 15 game streak covering several hours that was nothing but losses.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
I'm running in to a lot of premades tonight. I'm only level 10 at this point but being matched with 5 level 20+ players.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Had some good games with slydingdoor and co this evening, sorry my mic is kind of lovely. We won like four or six games in a row then lost back to back on Hanamura. Highlight for me personally was on Hollywood I think, snapping off a last minute Helix Rocket to slam into the face of the Widowmaker who sniped me down, that was a killcam I didn't mind watching. Then on Hanamura a much better Widowmaker player kicked my rear end up and down the map, oh well.

Dias posted:

My 33% hit rate Soldier 76 is putting in work, why is it so fun to play the stupid Marine Guyman class, it's super fun.

What's up soldier-buddy, he's my most used class by far. My aim still needs some work but he gets the job done.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

objects in mirror posted:

What is your life status such that you can wake up 8 pm east every day.

I believe they call this "winning"

Looking for a group, info is in spreadsheet, add/invite pls

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kai Tave posted:

What's up soldier-buddy, he's my most used class by far. My aim still needs some work but he gets the job done.

Ooops. My aim is poo poo but I'm doing okay at the dredges of MMR.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Xae posted:

Did match making break tonight?

We had a 15 game streak covering several hours that was nothing but losses.

Quick and dirty but I made this just for you.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Should I feel bad if 90% of my kills as Symmetra are coming from my autoaim turrets?

Her gun is loving weird, I just don't get how to fight well with it other than be behind someone and pray they tunnel vision on everyone else.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Internet Kraken posted:

Should I feel bad if 90% of my kills as Symmetra are coming from my autoaim turrets?

Her gun is loving weird, I just don't get how to fight well with it other than be behind someone and pray they tunnel vision on everyone else.

Her primary fire seems to have extremely, extremely short range, though it stays locked on once it hits a target...I can't tell if the range is shorter than Winston's tesla gun or not, but it's the same general principle, the problem is that you aren't a 500-some-odd hitpoint super-ape.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Quick and dirty but I made this just for you.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Soothing Vapors posted:

I can't wait until the MMR evens out and I start getting matched with my fellow mouthbreathing noodlearmed morons instead of the roided-out aryan supermen I've been fighting all night

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Internet Kraken posted:

The primary fire is MUCH better than the secondary fire

Symmetra is very small and difficult to hit if you're jumping around like a spaz. Just have good tracking so you can keep the beam up and it'll quickly ramp up into Death-To-Everyone levels

Minrad, thief that he is, regularly gets POTG Symmetra almost solely off primary fire

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If you're getting a lot of M1 kills as Symmetra then one of the following is true:

a) Your team is making GBS threads on the other team
b) People are ignoring you for some reason (see A)
c) It was something of a fluke, sometimes the stars just align for stuff like this

Most of your damage is going to come from turrets and M2 because your job isn't to kill, it's to enable killing while you build ult as quickly as possible. I definitely get kills with M1 sometimes but the only time I ever feel that it's actually the best option is when there's people right in your face (ie team fight on the capture point) where charging an M2 isn't viable. Even then you should probably only be doing this when you already have a tele up or you know your team will win the engagement with you alive since dying as Symmetra is a big buzzkill.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
i get a lot of symmetra flukes

Mr. Torrance
Sep 16, 2006
Have you ever thought about MY RESPONSIBILITIES?
Have they said anything about modifying Junkrat's riptire?

That thing is ridiculous and I want to keep on riding the wave of 35 kills per match but there's no way it's not getting nerfed or modified at some point.

They really should have made it so you have to run people over with the tire to get kills, and it lasts X seconds instead of a sudden explosion.

Also, what's the range on DVA self-destructing suit? Is it area based like an AOE or are there like projectiles (shrapnel?) being sent out? If it's an AOE it's massive because that thing can kill people who are standing at the opposite side of large rooms instantly.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Mr. Torrance posted:

Have they said anything about modifying Junkrat's riptire?

That thing is ridiculous and I want to keep on riding the wave of 35 kills per match but there's no way it's not getting nerfed or modified at some point.

They really should have made it so you have to run people over with the tire to get kills, and it lasts X seconds instead of a sudden explosion.

Also, what's the range on DVA self-destructing suit? Is it area based like an AOE or are there like projectiles (shrapnel?) being sent out? If it's an AOE it's massive because that thing can kill people who are standing at the opposite side of large rooms instantly.

Stand behind the smallest pole and you'll be find.

I agree about riptire but I think it'll even out once people realize you can destroy it pretty easily if you focus fire it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
if you're dying to dva's ult with any regularity you probably aren't equipped to say what is or is not going to be nerfed (junkrat's tire is not going to be nerfed short of like, serendipitous buffs/nerfs to other characters suddenly making it really good for some reason)

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

if you're dying to dva's ult with any regularity you probably aren't equipped to say what is or is not going to be nerfed (junkrat's tire is not going to be nerfed short of like, serendipitous buffs/nerfs to other characters suddenly making it really good for some reason)

somebody at blizzard sent me an email that they're going to remove all hitscan weapons

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Drakes posted:

Game is still new, everyone is probably not too far apart so far I'd wager. If theres a pro on their side then there should be one on your side unless they're goofing off.

That's what I'm hoping for :shobon:

Having a pro on both sides doesn't really help the "getting stomped on" part though, it evens the chances of winning/losing but it's still not fun to play against (for either team). Unless the kill cam is lying, a lot of my deaths have been to people who are way better than me at aiming and tracking so I don't feel like I learn anything helpful from them. I just want to play against other people who are bad at the game, so we can flub around together and have fun.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Brannock posted:

The primary fire is MUCH better than the secondary fire

Symmetra is very small and difficult to hit if you're jumping around like a spaz. Just have good tracking so you can keep the beam up and it'll quickly ramp up into Death-To-Everyone levels

Minrad, thief that he is, regularly gets POTG Symmetra almost solely off primary fire

I mean I've gotten POTG with it too, but I'm not gonna pretend it was through skill and not because the Roadhog I took from 100% to dead failed to look behind :v:

I'm amazed how people somehow manage to not take the teleporter when I set it up though.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Junkrat tire is easy to get around, just open your ears and then start looking around and shoot it down. Only a few characters (like say, dva and winston) are up poo poo creek in stopping it due to their short effective ranges.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
If theres any ult nerfs I hope its some clarity on the durations of widow/mccree.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
How does McCree's ult work?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Watching the Alienware Monthly Melee... I saw Surefour reflect a McCree ult and flashbang at point blank range in a PotG. It was disgusting.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's a channeled ability where the longer you hold it the more damage it does. It automatically locks onto people within the field but if they break line of sight before you release it you won't hit them.

For more specifics here's the McCree page on OW Infinity (which I encourage everyone chweck out sometime): http://www.owinfinity.com/en/hero/mccree/

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

When the red circles become red dots, fire.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Basically when you activate it it starts charging up shots against any enemies within your field of view, then when you click it fires a shot at every enemy. The charge time is based on how much HP they have and a fully charged shot will always kill.

Also Genji can reflect it and it doesn't go through shields so activating it when the enemy team knows where you are is a good way to completely waste it and then get hooked and die.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Count Chocula posted:

I have spent most of my life looking for characters who use the POWER OF MUSIC to kick rear end. Lucio is the best one since Rocket Red whatever from Gungrave: Overdose.

I wish Zenyatta was easier to use. I love his design and concept.

Rocketbilly Redcadillac

I would unironically like to kill someone with his Ultimates in this game.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm so sick of being a man down because some idiot wants to pick Mei and spam walls while we're trying to get picks.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Wait Till you see red boxes over people's heads. When the box is red, click and get kills. If you see gray circles nothing happens. Sometimes it takes a lot of time for the circles to turn into red boxes.

E: fully charged shot will go through Reinhardt shield and kill everyone behind it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Phyresis is a good person though.