Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

chaoslord posted:

I had that in there originally but I love the evolution logo so it was hard for me to make it look bad.

But you're the boss so here you go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oYS6sMYb5w

Perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
What did you use to do that? Because I am going to make titantrons for everyone

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Lightworks. I was gonna get a trial of Adobe After Effect, but it ran into an install error or something. Lightworks free version was like a 200mb download so I figure hey, good enough

E: then I clicked around this video to learn what I needed to put the faces in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMrxlD05bUg&feature=share

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 05:40 on May 8, 2016

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I've been having issues with TEW 2013 , dear god please don't go the way of the last iteration of this.

I'll try to have things up tonight or tomorrow.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

I've been having issues with TEW 2013 , dear god please don't go the way of the last iteration of this.

I'll try to have things up tonight or tomorrow.

i used to play his MMA sim game thing, and I would always have an issue when i played for to long, and the database got too big, the game would start to take forever to process anything :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Everyone should download ROCK CLOCK so your alarms can be the Rock telling you to wake up. Or my personal favorite, the Rock going BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP over and over.

That's my wrestling contribution today god bless

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Live from Suzy's Tavern in New York in front of a crowd of 350 people Ittttsssssssssss GOON FIGHTS REBORN!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6adloaeyI2U

SSV: Hello folks and welcome! Lot's of action tonight to get into as always Max and Grandicap here with me at the announce table.

MAX: Hello! We certainly do have a lot in ....

The companies music starts up during the announcers talking.

Grandi: Jeez guys didn't even let me say anything!

Cpig , Meinberg, Amnistar, and Poison Mushroom walk into the ring.

Cpig has a mic.

"Well well well, We have a "revolution" on our hands boys. I'm shaking in my boots really."

Meinberg and amnistar laugh

"What Hal Incandenza fails to realize is that I am in charge of this company, and what I say happens, happens."

The crowd is booing.

"Like tonight for instance, Meinberg will not be defending his World Mafia Championship because he will be defending the tag team titles in the main event against The Super Friends AND TMM and Foo in a three way tag match. So it looks like Little Mac needs a match huh?"

The crowd cheers at the mention of mac.

"Well he has a match, against fellow company member Power of Pecota, and you can bet we will be at ringside because as fine upstanding citizens we need to make sure that the Revolution does not cheat."

boos

"Meinberg do you have any thoughts on this subject?"

Meinberg picks up the mic.

"Well yes as a matter of fact I do Mr. Pig. Little Mac is not worthy of my title again, he missed his rematch chance and we have to figure out a number one contender for this very prestigious belt. It certainly isn't Hal Incandenza because he has his own problems to worry about with that plucky lad Kashuno hassling him. There really isn't anyone left in the company good enough to defeat me."

Cpig speaks again

"You are probably right, but next week I think I have an idea let's put everyone who matters into an over the top rope battle royal to determine the number one contender."

The Audience cheers and starts chanting "we want hal, we want hal!"

Cpig speaks again

"Well I guess if that's what you want we will have to put him in the battle royal then. He will have a fair chance just like everyone else which is why I will personally be at ringside to make sure everything is totally fair and balanced just like Fox news!"

The crowd boos.

"Now let me turn our attention to the Golden Sandals and the newest member of the company Poison Mushroom. You are facing Chaoslord for his rematch tonight , right now in fact, and we will be here to give you moral support! So let's get the show started shall we?"

The Company leaves the ring and stand around at ringside while chaoslords new music blazes on the screen.

He comes to the ring with Hal Incandenza and JakeP at ringside to help out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oYS6sMYb5w

(uh oh better take care of this)

Match 1 - Poison Mushroom V Chaoslord rematch for the Golden Sandals

(We saw Meinberg try to cheat but Hal stopped him.)

Hal and JakeP Stay at ringside because their match is next, Chaoslord stays at ringside.

Match 2 - Hal Incandenza and JakeP V Opopanax and Kashuno

Match 3 - Khris Kruel V Jon Joe Rematch

After the Match The Lord of H. A. T. S. steps into the ring with a mic.

"Last week Podima defeated me fairly in the middle of the ring, but I want a rematch, to see who is truly better we must have a best of 3 series!"

The crowd reaction is mediocre, but there is still a small pop.

Podima's braille shows on the titantron and he comes out to the ring.

After getting into the ring he begins angrily signing at Hats.

"I'm sorry I don't know sign language."

Podima looks frustrated and holds his finger up as to say wait a second.

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a closed fist and holds it up and points to it.

Hats looks confused for a minute and says "What, you have something for me there?"

Podima nods and smiles and opens his hand and there is nothing there and he raises his middle finger up at hats and punches him.

Podima stands over the downed HATS and Flexes.

Match 4 - Gay Mysterio and Tremendous Taste V Ernie. and Tommunist

After the match Mithross comes to the ring and speaks in his gravelly menacing voice.

"Eccoraven, I want the cup. I will get the cup."

eccoravens music starts and he comes out on crutches with byers and duckhuntdog in tow.

"Well it looks like you'll have to wait because as you can see you neanderthal, I am injured and unable to compete."

Duckhuntdog grabs the mic

"Yeah you idiot don't you know anything? My guy Eccoraven doesn't have any time for this he needs to be resting!"

Mithross looks puzzled.

"Mithross kill you when you get better. Take Cup."

Eccoraven and duckhunt dog look at each other as if they can't believe this guy.

"Umm, yeah you do that champ. We will see you when ecco gets better."

They both walk away laughing leaving a puzzled mithross in the ring.

As they walk away though Mithross runs out of the ring and tackles duckhuntdog to the ground and stares directly into Eccoravens face.

"Listen punk, you don't think I know what you are doing? Never underestimate me. When you get over this "injury" I will destroy you and there is nothing you can do about it."

Mithross throws down the microphone and stomps duckhunt dog one more time for good measure and pretends he is going to hit byers and byers flinches and cowers on the ground and Mithross walks away smiling and shaking his head.

Match 5 - Little Mac v Power of Pecota

(The Revolution was at ringside as well as the company and the revolution prevented the company from cheating.)

Main Event - Super Friends V TMM & Foo V Meinberg and Amnistar for the World Mason Partner Championships

(The finish is exciting as Keane is set to pin Amnistar meinberg goes for the save but Dhaes knocks him out of the ring and fights him on the outside , the company runs in to help but the revolution once again stops them and Keane gets the one two three.)

SSV: Wow! What a great night the Revolution really showed the Company who the real boss is!

Grandicap: I'm still so conflicted Hal is the greatest wrestler to ever live but I can't understand why he is betraying Cpig like this!

Max: Well you were right about half of that Grandi.

Grandi : Shut up max.

:siren: Breaking news :siren:

The only interesting thing that has happened this week is a really big awesome thing that makes me happy and less stressed about how I am going to book the SK cup.

I went to the medical section to check how many days Eccoraven had left on injury and I saw that a surgery was available to shorten the time.

Low risk? Sure!

Hooray!

Let's see how significant of a difference it will be.

:staredog:

That is one hell of a surgery!

Ecco is back next week!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

im over

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
thx 4 the airtime

lol though. Braille?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Podima posted:

thx 4 the airtime

lol though. Braille?

Well yeah why would your entrance have sound?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope you're completely serious right now

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kashuno posted:

I hope you're completely serious right now

I am Podima's gimmick is literally deaf. That's what he asked for.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Its funny because its for blind people

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Meinberg face turn imo

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

Its funny because its for blind people

:thejoke:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Excuse me but changed personas

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Retro Futurist posted:

Excuse me but changed personas

I know, and you are getting stale hmmm, it's almost as if I might have a plan already....

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Meinberg posted:

Meinberg face turn imo

You are too important as a heel for now. So I'll probably just change your gimmick from egomaniac to arrogant or something like that so I can keep your gimmick mostly intact but change it enough for the game to not be a dick to me.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Also I can't believe this has lasted like 19 weeks.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

:same:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I can't believe the company thinks they can stop The Revolution. :sun: I will be worrying every week that Plan B will be invoked and I just hope it's not me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CapitalistPig posted:

I can't believe Goon Fights has survived 19 weeks without the Divine Diva :colbert:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rarity posted:

I can't believe Goon Fights has survived 19 weeks without the Divine Diva :colbert:

Actually Bout that...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CapitalistPig posted:

Actually Bout that...

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I think there may be a problem with the database :(

This has been happening for like the past hour.

Just checking for workers, it doesn't say not responding like it normally would if there was an issue.

I've stopped and restarted it and everything.

It is probably rarity's fault for becoming an available female wrestler in the game and also vivanova. they broke it.

I'm gonna leave it and see if it finally advances.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
It is the next day and it still hasn't advanced and I left it running all night. I'm gonna see if there is anything I can do to salvage the game or make it go.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

:rip: Goon Fights

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Hooray! goon fights is saved!

I will have a special double edition up tomorrow.

It will have last weeks PLUS the first televised Goonfights TURBO TV!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

:woop: :vince: :chome:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

:yeah:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
holy guacamole!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:wow:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CapitalistPig posted:

It is probably rarity's fault for becoming an available female wrestler in the game

Give me all the belts, I just beat everybody

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

If it isn't one thing it's another.

I'm just gonna put this on hold until like tuesday or wednesday next week as I have a super busy weekend ahead. I promise I'll figure it out and get this back up and running.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

for these sorts of games, you'd think they'd have really killer memory management, and yet, inevitably, something breaks in the tables.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
So apparently the database is hosed :negative:

I was working with adam and he said I would have to change a couple things in the database but my save is just hosed so we would lose everything.

:(

R.I.P. Goonfights Reborn.

I will run another one of these when I am able to purchase TEW 2016, which has a more stable database and more cool features.

For now though, let us mourn.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The game couldn't handle the Rarity

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:sad:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rarity posted:

The game couldn't handle the Rarity

Apparently not!

I was all set to have you and viva feud endlessly because you were the only female wrestlers the game created but you were to be the first womans champion,

I was heading towards a blowoff for kashuno Hal and then putting hal in a program to take the title from Meinberg and The Revolution was going to dominate the scene for a while until Hal turned heel and joined the company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Podima was also getting set to have a long golden sandals run.

• Locked thread