Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

Advice posted:

Ways Zou will be totally hosed in the anime:

-Having Jack "clash" with people repeatedly instead of one-shotting them like the monster he is. Nobody but Daydog and Nightcat should be able to stomach a blow from him.
-Probably having Sanji clash with Sheepshead and others instead of also handily dispatching them.
-Some bullshit made-up minks to fill screen time, I'm guessing some annoying kids
-I bet Chopper gets an entire episode with that deer assistant and doctor mink looking for a flower or some garbage
-God I hate the anime team

whoa whoa that's way too much creativity there, chief! gotta fit in the same one off joke from the manga repeated 2-3 times in every episode!

-the anime team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

one piece has an anime? I thought they only made movies now.

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRIKzuCH8Ck

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

if you thought Dressrosa with all of it's toys was wacky it's got nothing on Totland

http://readms.com/r/one_piece/827/3424/1

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Hahahah holy poo poo.

Big Mom has created a deranged fairy tale and this arc is going to be amazing.

Also, Pudding should elope with Sanji and be the Straw Hats' patissier. I think Luffy would approve.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sanji is going to marry the cute baker and carrot is going to replace him. praise oda

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Ah, so the incurable disease that Chopper is going to have to cure is Diabetes.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I hope this arc lives up to its premise because dayum.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So does this mean that those tree zombies in Thriller Bark weren't cadavers sewn into trees but actual tree people corpses?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I wonder if Big Mom has like a.... Living-Living Fruit or something? That makes inanimate objects into people.

Also building a multiracial utopia just so you can turn everyone into various treats is so fiendishly evil, I love it

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Haha wow this is going to be a crazy arc. I hope Oda can keep up this pacing too. It's been superb last few months.

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 26, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
CHOCOLATE BUILDING MATERIALS ARE PEOPLLLLE

but no really this chapter is exactly the reason I love One Piece, it's 100% anything-goes

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I can't remember the last time I was so hyped for an arc in this manga. So far everything is looking to be amazing.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Someone has to be bringing The Dip to this Toontown wedding now.

Froggycleric
May 11, 2013

Don't sully his love with imagined reasons.
She either has the power to grant things life, or there are tree, sun, and cloud people.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh man, this arc is gonna own.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

I beginning to think this whole wedding is just one big planned trap for Luffy.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
This arc is going to be so interesting, and it's going to form a nice little parallel with Dressrosa. Everyone in Dressrosa was being manipulated by Doffy & crew (whether they knew it or not, due to Sugar) and so when poo poo hit the fan, people got their memories back, and Doffy went full "I'm going to kill everyone on the island to keep my secrets safe" mode, the residents of the island we're cheering for Luffy since they wanted to be saved. The same thing happened on Fishman Island too. This is going to be different because not only does it seem like the residents are happy with life on the islands under Big Mam (we don't know to what degree she has full control), but Big Mam also doesn't seem like the type to spite the entire country just to get Luffy. Big Mam has shady business dealings, and is probably evil enough to warrant a beating from Luffy, but the residents of the country will probably side with Big Mam in the event of a direct conflict.

This is going to be quite interesting. I wonder how Luffy would deal with wanting to beat up a "bad" person who is being defended by innocent civilians.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
This is going to be an absolutely batshit bonkers arc, I love it. :allears: There's got to be something horribly twisted under all the seemingly overly-happy and sunshine literal Candy Land aesthetic, like even more so than Dressrosa. I think like the earlier poster said, Big Mom probably wants a diverse multiracial utopia to make the widest variety of treats to eat as possible. She's probably regarded as a living goddess here in Totland.

Also really digging the new travelers' clothes. Nami's German barmaid outfit is sick.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
Earlier chapters gave the Alice in wonderland feeling, but now its starting to feel like Grimm's fairy tales.
Totland also means dead land in German.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Oh my god it's like a murderous Disney movie

too bad it won't get animated as such :smith:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So wait, Does the baker they just met look like Sanji's betrothed? I'd have to look it up again but she seems very similar.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Kingtheninja posted:

So wait, Does the baker they just met look like Sanji's betrothed? I'd have to look it up again but she seems very similar.

Yes, it's not supposed to be a secret at all that that's Pudding.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies
Huh, so that's what an evil Disneyland would look like.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Kingtheninja posted:

The townspeople straight up call her Pudding, even though that wasn't on her name card. She is definitely Sanji's fiance and the girl with three eyes from the first time we saw Big Mom.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Pudding will be a good wife for Sanji

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sanji is leaving, carrot is taking his place, and jinbei will be the third pillar of the monster trio

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
One Piece Manga Thread 13: We Ate A Cafe

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
oh my godddddddddddddd this rules

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I, for one, hope that the ruthless senior lieutenant of an Emperor ends up in a happy long-term relationship with Sanji. I mean, we all know that there's something up with Pudding, but it'd suck and be boring for her to be totally, irredeemably evil under that cutesy exterior.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
That chapter loving owned this arc is gonna be amazing

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
I'm so loving excited for this arc. Every development since leaving Dressrosa has been top-notch.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Begemot posted:

The townspeople straight up call her Pudding, even though that wasn't on her name card. She is definitely Sanji's fiance and the girl with three eyes from the first time we saw Big Mom.

The name cards in this chapter when she showed up weren't hers. They were for the jello dude on her shoulder and the carpet she flew in on

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

The name cards in this chapter when she showed up weren't hers. They were for the jello dude on her shoulder and the carpet she flew in on

Oh wow I didn't even notice the jello dude! That explains it then.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Darth Walrus posted:

I, for one, hope that the ruthless senior lieutenant of an Emperor ends up in a happy long-term relationship with Sanji. I mean, we all know that there's something up with Pudding, but it'd suck and be boring for her to be totally, irredeemably evil under that cutesy exterior.

I will be significantly bummed out if she turns out to be moustache-twirlingly evil, she's got a good gimmick already with wanting to be a great patissier especially considering who she's to be wed to. If they came on board as a married couple that'd be rad.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Luffy is wearing a hat on top of his hat.

I can't wait to see how the anime fucks up the intro to Whole Cake Island. This is amazing

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I will be significantly bummed out if she turns out to be moustache-twirlingly evil, she's got a good gimmick already with wanting to be a great patissier especially considering who she's to be wed to. If they came on board as a married couple that'd be rad.

I am, however, assuming that even if she turns out to be a decent person overall, she'll have a much, much darker side than we've seen so far. I'm sort of thinking Trafalgar Law or Bon Clay-tier here. Which could be pretty fun in itself.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

She's still Nitro the Jelly to me drat it

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

This is going to be an absolutely batshit bonkers arc, I love it. :allears: There's got to be something horribly twisted under all the seemingly overly-happy and sunshine literal Candy Land aesthetic, like even more so than Dressrosa. I think like the earlier poster said, Big Mom probably wants a diverse multiracial utopia to make the widest variety of treats to eat as possible. She's probably regarded as a living goddess here in Totland.

Also really digging the new travelers' clothes. Nami's German barmaid outfit is sick.

Did you miss the panels where she sings about the ingredients and there's the fallen bodies of the people of those lands protecting it? Her candy utopia is literally built on the plundered resources of various islands. That's already pretty messed up in its own right. There's probably more on top of it, but the tip of the iceberg that's already shown is pretty large in its own right.

I'd be charitable in the utopian aspect though in that it's probably more of an egalitarian thing where she doesn't care about race, only about the best. (and if they taste great too, then double the value!)

Big Mam and her fairytale land is probably a shout out to Mother Goose with a touch of the witch from Hansel and Gretel.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Sinners Sandwich posted:

She's still Nitro the Jelly to me drat it

When I first read it I assumed she was Labiyan the Carpet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Gyges posted:

One Piece Manga Thread 13: We Ate A Cafe
Alternately:

One Piece Manga Thread 13: Chocolate is the new Soylent Green.