Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

NTT posted:

This can't be loving real

Just imagine being Inafune right now. Getting owned by motherfucking sonic the hedgehog on twitter. Is this rock bottom? Can things somehow get worse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Barudak posted:

Welcome to a world where the best Sonic game of the last decade is trying to be first to post the latest sonic tweet.

This sentence is extremely hard to parse but Sonic Generations was a great game

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Sonic dishes on people every now and again:

https://twitter.com/youtubegaming/status/695739797994926080
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/695777795922726913

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

holy poo poo

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

MN9 just got dealt on by a franchise that has made one passable game in over a decade. What a disaster.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They hosed up with their own money is the difference. Warranted or not, MN9 is held to a different standard.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
Portions of the Sonic Twitter are kind of incredible. At least the series seems to have some semblance of self awareness and ability to laugh at itself.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I've been following Sonic on twitter because whoever is running it now is loving hilarious.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i didn't back mighty no 9

i did not fall into that trap

i spent the money on bloodstained instead

that's actually gonna be good

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I spent my money on Hyper Light Drifter, which is good, and that one RPG by the Skullgirls people which is already in a playable state and has absolutely gorgeous 2d animation(and not constantly horny animation like Skullgirls)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

voltcatfish posted:

Regardless of if bloodstained and/or MN9 are good, they're both examples of how ridiculous the gaming industry can be.

Like godamn Konami just let Iga make another Castlevania game, the masses have spoken and your non-Iga CV games were loving awful

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's the Japanese gaming industry, saving face and never going back on your decisions are Rule Zero. If they were to roll back on that, the heads of the companies are convinced people will lose confidence and blah blah blah corporate philosophy.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Igavania's genuinely didn't sell well. That they were budget productions that reused assets from the 16-bit games and looked very similar was a large factor in that, but it's the truth nonetheless.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
From Inti Creates' president:
https://twitter.com/t_aizu/status/735652527450947584

Motto posted:

Igavania's genuinely didn't sell well. That they were budget productions that reused assets from the 16-bit games and looked very similar was a large factor in that, but it's the truth nonetheless.

They were more bothered that his 3D games didn't sell, I think.

Beyond that, they simply stopped giving a gently caress about traditional games at one point and deliberately mothballed anyone they couldn't fire because they knew most of them would just suck it up.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

I don'r know what this means, a little help?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

The preview was lovely and someone fairly involved and high up is pissed about it

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

D*** *il*** = Deep Silver, MN9's publisher
PV- Preview Video (JP terminology for game trailers)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

The blocked-out named is "Deep Silver". They are saying "Why did Deep Silver release such a terrible trailer.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Understandably pissed especially since that PV is the exact same for other language, just a logo change then subtitles

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ekusukariba posted:

Understandably pissed especially since that PV is the exact same for other language, just a logo change then subtitles

Hahaha, drat. Even Inti can manage both English and Japanese trailers on their own.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ekusukariba posted:

Now I'm really curious how they translated Anime Fan on Prom Night.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

they didn't translate, its the english trailer with whatever language subtitles

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I checked the FR trailer out of curiosity and it mentions cosplay.

e:
I don't get why they're doing this poo poo when they've already put out respectable trailers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr21OuvZ97s

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ekusukariba posted:

they didn't translate, its the english trailer with whatever language subtitles

I know, I mean how they translated that into the Japanese subtitles.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

LemonLimeTime posted:

Portions of the Sonic Twitter are kind of incredible. At least the series seems to have some semblance of self awareness and ability to laugh at itself.

It's just one guy Sega hired to try and rebuild their image.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

ImpAtom posted:

They may have written otaku, or just anime fan in katakana since it would still be understandable and likely have the same implications.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

no mans sky apparently is getting another delay so maybe now mighty no 9 has a fighting chance

heh

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
I will prolly never play MN9 but it's still crazy entertaining

If we already have execs blowing up on twitter now then the finger pointing when the game bombs will be top-notch. Someone will probably accuse Inafune of dog rape at this rate

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 26, 2016

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/prozdkp/status/735550737258844160

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

I don't think the trailer was released in Japan. I at least couldn't find it with Japanese subtitles. Is Deep Silver even the publisher in Japan?

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.

Nate RFB posted:

OK I am admittedly super new to the Mega Man Zero series but this mission system in the first game seems like a load of horse poo poo. Fail a mission (something you're likely to do because of how challenging the game is) means you permanently can never try again until a NG+? Assuming I fail most missions how hosed will I be for the main/unfailable missions?

Just treat it like a game over and load your save

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Modus Pwnens posted:

I don't think the trailer was released in Japan. I at least couldn't find it with Japanese subtitles. Is Deep Silver even the publisher in Japan?

Spike Chunsoft is the JP publisher. They do a lot of tag-team releases with Deep Silver, as it turns out.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Motto posted:

I checked the FR trailer out of curiosity and it mentions cosplay.

e:
I don't get why they're doing this poo poo when they've already put out respectable trailers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr21OuvZ97s
This is miles better, but what still grabs my attention more than anything is how much I hate the art assets. The fire and explosions in particular look really bad.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
well i think the problem is that it looks like the faces were imported from miis ..poorly

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I watched the new Mno9 trailer on mute and taken in that way it looked like an okay showcase of the game.

The "shoot dudes a few time so you can dash into them" mechanic still seems like an iffy choice in terms of the flow of the game compared to other Mega Men tho

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Can someone explain and articulate how and why the lighting on the models is so terrible, with that weird halo/white edge shading thing around them? I hate it, but I can't seem to think of a way to adequately describe it or what stupid loving effect to attribute it to.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

voltcatfish posted:

Bloodstained better be good, I actually put $60 on that one

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Gammatron 64 posted:

Bloodstained better be good, I actually put $60 on that one

I don't think there's a single game with a horned girl that is bad.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Some tidbits about the new cartoon in an article about distribution rights. With an actual picture!

quote:

Aimed at kids 6 to 9, as well as their parents who grew up loving the videogames, the animated series will feature exciting new technologies and robots, as well as the introduction of Mega Man’s alter-ego, Aki Light, a normal, upbeat, schoolboy robot. When activated, his skin re-forms – in a flurry of computer code and visual pyrotechnics – into a suit of impenetrable nanocore armor, including the iconic Mega Buster arm cannon and helmet. Beloved characters, like Rush, will return - while new characters, like Mega Mini™, will make their debut! The new Mega Man animated series has a target air date of 2017, coinciding with the franchise's 30th anniversary.

The new animated Mega Man series focuses on a normal, upbeat schoolboy robot, who discovers that deep within his programming lies secret protocols that can transform him into the powerful Mega Man. And, as the world’s first robotic super-hero, Mega Man must face the threats of Silicon City, while trying to preserve his secret identity and maintain a regular robot boy life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Derpy-looking face, but I know that's going to look better later down the road. I actually like the suit design!